GTPlanet's "The Blacklist" Appreciation ThreadTV 

This episode made me cry...
How could they kill off Lizzy?????????????:(:( The look on Red's face when they were trying to tell him it was too late really got me. This one was a tear jerker. :(

Missed last weeks episode but just seen it and thought it was alright but last nights episode was amazing, and looks like the finale will be even better. Really looking forward to the spin-off show. Looks like it'll follow Scottie's team, and looks like it could be pretty good.

The Blacklist spin-off now has a name. It's called The Blacklist: Redemption
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/05/14/nbc-orders-the-blacklist-redemption-spinoff-for-next-season

NUP_173758_0003.jpg

The Blacklist: Redemption centers around the "brilliant and cunning" Susan "Scottie" Hargrave (Janssen) who serves as the chief of a covert mercenary organization called Grey Matters. After joining forces with undercover operative Tom Keen (Ryan Eggold), Tom discovers that Scottie is actually his biological mother and goes on a secret mission to learn more about his past.

In addition to Janssen and Eggold, The Blacklist: Redemption stars Edi Gathegi and Tawny Cypress. Janssen's character was introduced in last week's episode of The Blacklist, and a planted spinoff episode — written by series creator Jon Bokenkamp and showrunner John Eisendrath — airs on Thursday.

Just seen the latest episode and
Liz isn't dead. Not like I'm surprised, I knew they wouldn't just kill off a character like Liz like that.

And an even bigger twist is at the very end of the episode.

Last edited:
Yeah it was just too big to continue without her, I'm not sure how the new season will go thought, which is exciting :D Can't wait for season 4.

I'm not sure I'm gonna watch the spinoff tho, I'll have to see what kind of team Scottie get around her and what kind of mission they'll do.

I'm not sure I'm gonna watch the spinoff tho, I'll have to see what kind of team Scottie get around her and what kind of mission they'll do.
AFAIK the team will conisist of everyone seen in the pilot (apart from Solomon), but Tom will join the cast aswell. I'm interested in seeing what it'll be like.

AFAIK the team will conisist of everyone seen in the pilot (apart from Solomon), but Tom will join the cast aswell. I'm interested in seeing what it'll be like.

From my experience in pilots it's actually rarely the case, they usually switch people around a bit. We'll see I guess, the cast is less important than the kind of mission they have to do.

From my experience in pilots it's actually rarely the case, they usually switch people around a bit. We'll see I guess, the cast is less important than the kind of mission they have to do.
Currently the known cast for the spinoff is:
Famke Jassen as Susan "Scottie" Hargrave
Ryan Eggold as Tom Keen
Tawny Cypress as Nez Rowan (S3 Recurring)
Edi Gathegu as Matthias Solomon

Also, via Parentherald:
According to Ryan Eggold, the "The Blacklist" spinoff has been rumored since the first season of the parent series and it was only pursued this time. "You know, this Tom Keen spinoff thing was a whisper I heard a long time ago. I want to say end of Season 1 or beginning of Season 2 - I mean, a long time ago,"

The actor teased that the "The Blacklist" spinoff, "The Blacklist: Redemption" will get into political bent. It will feature Scottie hiring spies like Tom to influence the government. Eggold personally believes that this is timely given the current predicament in politics.

First episode will air on September 22nd. Trailer is mostly a season 3 recap but there's some S4 scenes at the end.

Well... Not really happy with the first episode, end kinda annoyed me.

1 episode for nothing basically. Red getting tricked like a kid by the Cuban. Nice baby protection... God it bother me so much when writer forgot who there main character is suppose to be.

First promo for the spin off, Blacklist Redemption

Looking at YT comments it looks like the regular show will still have its regular 22 episodes per season while this will air in it's timeslot during it's hiatus.

Back