GTPlanet's WRS Celebrates 15 Years with a Nürburgring Special Event

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 19, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

2. roamer2629

roamer2629

Congratulations for the great job and thank you for your time and dedication Kevin, and of course the same goes for the rest of the team.

Never2fast1, Sjaak, Aderrrm and 16 others like this.
  3. GTP_Patrick1

GTP_Patrick1

Congrats to all those who put these events on year after year. Of course I know all the names @EDK ,@Gravitron, @GTP_Dutchy , @PASM , @Argon and others behind the scenes ,who I consider my friends who do the hard work week after week. My last 6 years racing with these guys and girls have led to some of my most prized friendships, from Friday night beer rooms to big events like this. 8 of us will meet at Sebring this year, last year 5 of us met at LeMans . My association with this crew has led to experiences on line and off line that have been so much fun for me. Sign up for this one, it is a blast.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Never2fast1, Sjaak, ProjectF and 15 others like this.
  4. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

Thanks WRS and @EDK for getting me interested in racing properly. Wish I'd found it sooner, but I'm in for the long haul! :gtpflag:

Never2fast1, Sjaak, ProjectF and 12 others like this.
  5. Argon

Argon Premium

Congratulation on a truly amazing milestone and my personal thanks to so many for new found friends throughout the WRS and for allowing me to be part of an incredible organisation...to this and the next 15 :cheers:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    Never2fast1, Sjaak, ProjectF and 8 others like this.
  6. BigDawg_1281

BigDawg_1281 Premium

Great write-up Kevin. Congratulations to the WRS on 15 years! :cheers:

I know I am new to the series and the group. But, there is no better group to race with! These guys have truly taken me in and allowed me to be a part of this great series. I am truly grateful to that guys! I wish I would have found this years ago. I plan to be part of this for a very long time!

Thanks to all of you guys (way too many to list) for everything you do to make this all possible!

Never2fast1, Sjaak, Gravitron and 8 others like this.
  7. nico4711

nico4711

Congratulations and thanks to all who make the WRS possible. :gtpflag:

8. PASM

PASM Moderator

Congratulations WRS! The series have indeed come a long way, well done on the article to commemorate the day @EDK!

The WRS is a special community. A true everyone is welcome spirit. Most drivers are very helpful, a lot will post tunes, strategies, tips and tricks to help everyone along. Some of the events are tough and difficult, maybe this is one of them. But one thing has always been true for all long time WRS veterans: you will become a better driver for it!

:gtpflag: Long live the WRS :gtpflag:

March 26, 2008 I joined the forum. It was WRS racers who brought GTPlanet to my attention. GT5 Prologue was just out and online racing was in it's infancy on Gran Turismo. You think you've seen bad things in Sport mode on GT Sport? In the early days on GT5P it was worse, even worse! But the racers that wore a GTP_ tag in front of their name, I could have brilliant, clean and fun races with.

I learned a lot since, rising from division 2 gold to division 1 gold (silver again in GTS). I met so many great people on here, I consider many of them very close friends!

Online racing has been my main focus, but running time trials taught me different skills. Therefor, I am proud to have become a part of the Online Events Stewards when 3D3Racing's @Gravitron @WRP001 and @Hydro asked me to become a Steward. The community gave me a lot so I am giving something back to it. It is all you guys that make it worth wile. Thank you.

9. Rikson

Rikson

Yes,amen to that.If you were lucky to enough you met 'the GTP guys' in a steady rime table and inly 1 thing was sure..they were all ...fast and the won't bumped you off the track.
    This decided me to became part of thisgreat community and whilst I thoughtIwas dedicated to TT'ing I met the WRS guys..
    Unbelievable,Iturned outto be a simple rookie:lol:
    So thank you all mods and participants for sharing setups and tips and tricks.
    :cheers:
    :gtpflag:

PASM, Sjaak, BigDawg_1281 and 2 others like this.
  10. Manthing

Manthing

I raced with them a couple of
    days ago while practicing on nurb. Didn’t realize they were letting slower cars get a 30 second head start. They were clean and were polite even though I took off like a bat out of hell ;)

GTP_Patrick1, PASM, EDK and 2 others like this.
  11. Ferrari275

Ferrari275

Hi everyone I’d love to join this group, can anyone help with that?

BigDawg_1281 and Argon like this.
  12. EDK

EDK Moderator

Argon likes this.
  13. Ferrari275

Ferrari275

PASM and Argon like this.
  14. rally_max

rally_max

Hey is it possible for me to fix my PSN if I put it into FetchBot wrong? Like maybe get rid of the registration and then put in the correct one?

PASM likes this.
  15. Gravitron

Gravitron Moderator

See the link above, it also talks about how to do that.
    Basically we like to have the info in a PM.

Argon and rally_max like this.
  16. rally_max

rally_max

thanks

Argon and EDK like this.