GTPlanet's Year In Review: 2016

In my opinion it has been a great year for sim racing, probably the best ever. There is not now and never has been one game to rule them all but we are spoiled for choice when it comes to simulation and arcade games and anything in between. On both console and PC we have great physics and great graphics and a huge variety of cars and game types to choose from. Best time ever to be a Sim racer and I think it only gets better from here.

In my opinion it has been a great year for sim racing, probably the best ever. There is not now and never has been one game to rule them all but we are spoiled for choice when it comes to simulation and arcade games and anything in between. On both console and PC we have great physics and great graphics and a huge variety of cars and game types to choose from. Best time ever to be a Sim racer and I think it only gets better from here.
Agreed, lots of new games, new features, and lots of new opportunities and ways to play the game. And now that I have My PS4 Pro I'm ready for GTSport

It's been a great year for racing games and an overall fun year

GT = Gran Turismo
Ha. It was a display of deliberate ignorance, while concurrently having a jab at GT for furthering it's journey toward obscurity.

I must beware though....
"Deliberately dumb" humour is possibly exclusively done by smart people. The context of that person being smart, and their audience knowing that they're smart is crucial to it's success.
.... and not go pulling a prisonermonkeys.

Last edited:
I was pretty impressed with the caliber of games to come out this year as well the continued support of games like Forza 6 through some pretty killer DLC. Forza Horizon 3 is probably my top pick though, it's just a fantastic game with one of the best car lists I've seen to date.

Many interesting things occured on 2016 but to be honest - it is the year where it teased the life out of me by GTSport trailers ... 2016 for GTSport was like a poison to my feelings.
I know i should be positive but i think i should also be honest to mention the negativity which i still hold it < : )
A year of patience X)

Many interesting things occured on 2016 but to be honest - it is the year where it teased the life out of me by GTSport trailers ... 2016 for GTSport was like a poison to my feelings.
I know i should be positive but i think i should also be honest to mention the negativity which i still hold it < : )
A year of patience X)
It sure sounds like you can't wait to get a copy of GTSport. Have you thought about trying Project Cars or Assetto Corsa in the meantime? What if GTSport doesn't release until October 2017? Imagine going 9+ more months with no racing games? I bet it will feel like torture!

It sure sounds like you can't wait to get a copy of GTSport. Have you thought about trying Project Cars or Assetto Corsa in the meantime? What if GTSport doesn't release until October 2017? Imagine going 9+ more months with no racing games? I bet it will feel like torture!

I've gone almost 2 years now since I quit GT. Played Forza for about 2 months after that and haven't touched a game since. Don't really miss it that much to be honest.

Without a PS4, SIM racing has been rather dull. GT6 was abandoned and couldn't play any of the new games :-(
Seriously hoping for much less disappointment when I finally get one.

While 2016 was a pretty good year for sim racing, I feel that it's a very disappointing year for arcade racing games outside of Forza Horizon 3. Compared to last gen, the selection of open world racing games have been lacking and the best one so far is Xbox exclusive.

I guess if you like being teased it was a good year. :lol:
I think people are like this because GT is practically the only racing game without a new game, at least they even annoinced another's game coming out.
It could be worse you could be an evolution fan.

I tried Raceroom from steam & it felt like a PS2 game with computer graphics ... Maybe i tried an older version or something ?
Assetto Corsa i think it needs from you to be connected online which i hate from it.
Project Cars i've tried it in PS4 and i regret every credit i throwed on it.
Driveclub was the worst of the 4.

I've gone almost 2 years now since I quit GT. Played Forza for about 2 months after that and haven't touched a game since. Don't really miss it that much to be honest.
I currently lately focusing on FM4 & no other racing game at the moment yet as my main focus if my memory serves me right.

Last edited:
Really? Not interested in Project Cars or Assetto Corsa? Are you going to get GTSport when it finally releases? I remember you from the Seasonal Events threads...you were quite competitive - posting very good times, I mean. It shocks me to hear you're not engaged in any racing sim. :eek:

I tried Raceroom from steam & it felt like a PS2 game with computer graphics ... Maybe i tried an older version or something ?
Assetto Corsa i think it needs from you to be connected online which i hate from it.
Project Cars i've tried it in PS4 and i regret every credit i throwed on it.
Driveclub was the worst of the 4.

Wow. You are one tough guy to please! :lol: I don't think I've ever heard one person declare disdain for all four of those games. Usually one of those fits a players requirements.

Well, I hope GTSport is everything you're looking for in a racing game. 👍 Oh, I almost forgot to ask. Are you still playing Gran Turismo 5 or 6?

Really? Not interested in Project Cars or Assetto Corsa? Are you going to get GTSport when it finally releases? I remember you from the Seasonal Events threads...you were quite competitive - posting very good times, I mean. It shocks me to hear you're not engaged in any racing sim. :eek:

Wow. You are one tough guy to please! :lol: I don't think I've ever heard one person declare disdain for all four of those games. Usually one of those fits a players requirements.

Well, I hope GTSport is everything you're looking for in a racing game. 👍 Oh, I almost forgot to ask. Are you still playing Gran Turismo 5 or 6?

Well, I can't say those games don't peak my interest because they definitely do, just not enough for me to buy a Xbox/Ps4, steering wheel, and all the other stuff needed. I sold all my equipment shortly after I quit to put into my first love, digital art. I used the money to put into both my eBay store (link in my sig if interested) and real store here where I live. At any rate, just enjoying doing my art at this point and don't really miss the stress I put myself through in trying to be the best sim racer I could be. However, that's not to say I'll never play again. The desire is still there, just not as strong as it once was. Who knows what the future holds though, we'll see. ;)

Currently lately on FM4 X)

Back