GTPodcast Official Thread-Is Hybriding good or bad as a whole? [VIDEO]

  • Thread starter Thread starter MOTORTRENDmitch
  • 1,064 comments
  • 64,431 views
After making the needed adjustments the RS with the tune gave me a 1:23.9. Default with the RS and no aero gave me a 1:23.7. Both were vastly different drives however. The tuned suspension never felt properly planted. The bending Mitch refers to is likely the rear suspension catching up with the car, a flaw inherent in its design but allegedly sorted by the engineers. Adding the aero gave it shopping cart-like turning when combined with the tires, but the combination of confused suspension and constantly shifting transmission made driving smoothly difficult. Shopping cart isn't a bad thing, just a pronounced rearward pivot, almost like the drag is yanking the front end around.

On the other hand, RS tires completely neutered the default drive, making the damn thing nearly unturnable in some corners. Taking the diff out and the wing off didn't help the turn in, and RS tires prevented any sort of manageable slide. You either had traction, or you didn't.

Everyone else should try the tune out and report your own results. What do you think?
 
Last edited:
I used Race Softs as well, but it only made chassis sway worse, so I left it out.👍

Hmm...
I might have to take this tune out again.

May I ask if you were using DS3s or wheels?
 
May I ask, what you're talking about?
 
No more group discussion here. None. We have a private group for this.
 
As Mitch, point's out, we do have a private group. Just make a discussion there.
 
By the way I know a couple of you guys said you seemed interested in the TOCA idea, I have a test session at 7pm -9pm BST tonight, feel free to hop in if you want for a look :)
 
EDIT: Never mind. See post #789 for update.
 
Last edited:
Everyone, the fifth episode of the Gran Turimso Podcast should be available extremely soon. (like, whenever Brad puts it online...)

EDIT: The blooper reel will haunt you in your sleep if you listen all the way to the end.
 
Everyone, the fifth episode of the Gran Turimso Podcast should be available extremely soon. (like, whenever Brad puts it online...)

Waiting. I want to listen before I go to bed :lol:
 
How can I see those eppisodes ? The eppisode 4 link leads me to some forbes website ...
 
How can I see those eppisodes ? The eppisode 4 link leads me to some forbes website ...

It appears that the Episode 4 link has died. This site has all four episodes and bloopers, and will have all future episodes/bloopers.👍
 
How can I see those eppisodes ? The eppisode 4 link leads me to some forbes website ...

That is strange indeed..
I will fix that asap.. Sorry about that!
 
Gamer check your PM.

gamerdog6482
Everyone, the fifth episode of the Gran Turimso Podcast should be available extremely soon. (like, whenever Brad puts it online...)

Or after Eric fixes our technical difficulty.
 
Last edited:
Or after Eric fixes our technical difficulty.

Technical difficulty=computer not uploading all of file.

Omnipotent Eric is on the scene...and currently battling slow upload speeds.:ouch:👍

Upload counter:

0%...0%...0%...0%...0%...0%...1%...1%...
21%...22%...22%...22%...23%...
 
Last edited:
Updated!
Edit, what in the high hell is wrong with the link? It's going to a Forbes site?!
Yet another update: Fixed ;)
 
Think that's the third time I've heard Mitch's voice crack. :D
Have fun at prom. This was a good episode.
 
Yeah. Some gold in there.

I still stand by offer.
 
Haha, get outta here ;)

All in all I think this went extremely well, great quality, great content, great chemistry between us.. Good episode guys. Not to mention the bloopers :p that was pretty funny.
 
gogatrs
Sorry, just stirring the pot.:dopey:

Glad you enjoyed it. Please share the links with your friends, and check out our various pages.
 
The bloopers are absolutely priceless! I was losing it the entire time!
 
The bloopers are absolutely priceless! I was losing it the entire time!

I've got something to look forward to, I guess.

I'll update the RSS and iTunes, in a moment.

Edit: Wow, who's laughting at the end of the bloopers? It just sounds hilarious.

Edit 2: The RSS's now updated. - Still waiting for iTunes, to update.
 
Last edited:
Edit: Wow, who's laughting at the end of the bloopers? It just sounds hilarious.

Brad. It originally only lasted for a second or so, but I looped it...forever. Then faded it out.

And everyone heard the "surprise" ending right?
 
Brad. It originally only lasted for a second or so, but I looped it...forever. Then faded it out.

And everyone heard the "surprise" ending right?

I seriously want that laughing part, to use as my recieved text-tone.

- I'm not sure, if I've heard it. But, I've also got around 20 minutes, of the 5th episode, left.
Edit: Yes... I heard, something.
 
Last edited:
I am listening to the eppisode 5 , very cool , still have not finished but until now , perfect ! :)

Very good work guys ! 👍
 
Back