GTP's 2006 Movie of the Year Top 9 - Great Success

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vonie
  • 50 comments
  • 1,943 views

GTP's 2006 Movie of the Year


  • Total voters
    48
  • Poll closed .
Messages
3,879
Messages
thevonsteinery
motybannervw2.jpg


Only nine because the next set was of 5 movies that got 4 and I didn't want to make it 14.

Ok, one vote, one winner (hopefully).


Oh...and two weeks.​
 
ibpoll
 
Casino Royale...



...Not! Funny, yes?
 
...I'm sticking with V for Vendetta. Still one of the best movies in recent memory...
 
I went for V for Vendetta too. It was a deadlock between that and Munich, but then I realized that V for Vendetta, I actually bought a copy, so I must like it more! :dopey:
 
I'm going to hold off on my vote until I actually see V for Vendetta. I've heard all sorts of good things about it, but haven't seen it yet. The pathetic part? It's within arms reach of me right now.

Mabye on the weekend...
 
People actually like V For Vendetta? That movie was boring as hell.
 
VoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlahVoteBlah
 
You know you want to vote.
 
Bah, I've only seen 4 of these...

Perhaps I'll have a chance to see a few more in the next 2 weeks.
 
Borat :D The ultimate lol movie.
 
POTC 2. probably one of the last pirate movies.
 
C'mon people, you can't live with yoiurself knowing that Borat might win. Get out there and vote.
 
i voted for Borat

i havn't seen it yet but have seen the in movie clips & trailers

Borat:whats this?
store helper:cheese
Borat:whats this?
store helper:cheese
Borat:whats this?
store helper:cheese
Borat:whats this?
store helper:cheese

LOL
 
Borat was funny and everything but there wasn't much you hadn't already near enough seen in the TV series. I certainly don't get why it's being voted the best movie of the year but each to his own. But when it's being voted for by someone who hasn't even seen it yet I just can't help but wonder :odd:.
 
Borat was funny and everything but there wasn't much you hadn't already near enough seen in the TV series. I certainly don't get why it's being voted the best movie of the year but each to his own. But when it's being voted for by someone who hasn't even seen it yet I just can't help but wonder :odd:.
Especially when he doesn't realise there's a huge lull half way through the movie that is neither funny or entertaining.
 
I voted for Casino Royale, Munich was close though. Infact I'm suprised Munich hasn't recieved more votes, it was a great film.
 
I voted for Casino Royale, Munich was close though. Infact I'm suprised Munich hasn't recieved more votes, it was a great film.
Yeah, Munich could easily been my first choice too.

Borat must've been one special movie....... only on gtplanet. :D
 
I voted for The Departed. 👍
 
I voted for Borat.
 
I voted for Snakes on a Plane, but Idiocracy was the best movie of the year.
 
Why is Munich or V for Vendetta even in this? They were released in 2005.

You missed a whole bunch better movies then the ones selected too but if I had to vote out of movies from 2006, i'd go with Casino Royale. Daniel Craig shut up all his critic's reeeal fast.

Examples.

Jackass 2
A Scanner Darkly
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
Jet Li's Fearless
The Protector
Taladega Nights
Pulse
Miami Vice
Beerfest
Accepted
X-men 3: The Last Stand (how was this forgot??)
You, Me, Dupree
Superman Returnes (another wtf???)

Those are just DVD releases from the last 3 months. Btw, I'm going based off of what was popular, not my own personal tastes, seeing as this poll is based on what the thread starter thought was popular movies, and not actual MOTY quality.
 
Back