GTP's 2006 Movie of the Year Top 9 - Great Success

  • Thread starter Thread starter Vonie
  • 50 comments
  • 1,943 views

GTP's 2006 Movie of the Year


  • Total voters
    48
  • Poll closed .
I base my information off of here.

The release date there says March 17, 2006. It was suppose to be released in 2005, but it wasn't.

At first, I thought they were 2005 movies, too.
 
Munich was Jan 6 wide and Dec 23 limited wtf?? Well last time I use movies.com as a source again hehe..
 
Examples.

Jackass 2
A Scanner Darkly
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
Jet Li's Fearless
The Protector
Taladega Nights
Pulse
Miami Vice
Beerfest
Accepted
X-men 3: The Last Stand (how was this forgot??)
You, Me, Dupree
Superman Returnes (another wtf???)

Those are just DVD releases from the last 3 months. Btw, I'm going based off of what was popular, not my own personal tastes, seeing as this poll is based on what the thread starter thought was popular movies, and not actual MOTY quality.
Nice to see you retracted the dumbasses comment.

How will a Jackass movie every qualify for 'best movie'!?

And Miami Vice, what exactly did happen? I watched and it just seemed to be one long skid mark of attempted action.
 
Btw, I'm going based off of what was popular, not my own personal tastes, seeing as this poll is based on what the thread starter thought was popular movies, and not actual MOTY quality.

Not quite, you missed the other two threads.

You missed a whole bunch better movies...

I didn't miss them, you didn't nominate them.
 
It fell down again.
 
My god, i totally dont get the humor in Borat. I voted for Pirates.
 
I had to go with Casino Royale. IT was the best bond movie in about 20 years and an actual spy movie! Go figure.
 
Must... Create... New... Accounts... To... Prevent... Borat... From... Winning.

Oh bugger, I shouldn't have said my master plan out loud.]

In fact I petition mrnonames vote be taken away from Borat and added onto Casino Royale. No really, not only would it make it a better result, but the guy admitted he hasn't even seen Borat. Do it Vonie, do it, not that I want to put any pressure on you at all.
 
Haha! Borat is teh winnar! :D

All hail the king!
 
:yuck:
 
buyboratposter2vn.jpg


What a disgrace to GTP.​
 
Borat is a lame excuse for film of the year, if you couldn't tell from my last post I'll spell it out for you.

Borat should not have won. And being for it to be voted for by someone who hadn't seen it kind of sucks.

Not your fault Vonie, good thread, pity the wrong film got voted for eh ;).
 
...at least it can't win next year.
 
Man, Clerks 2 was the best movie of the year. Haven't seen Borat though, but how could it be funnier at all?
 
Awesome! Borat won!


*runs from Dave*
 
what? POTC II got only 4 votes? oh damn.. that's what you get when you let the minors vote
 
A lot of people probably voted for Borat out of spite since you guys were so vocally biased against it. I have a hunch that Borat would have received less votes if you didn't complain about it, so congratuations on helping Borat, the FILM OF THE YEAR win.
 
Meh Borat did get alot of laughs out of me, but I felt The Departed was a much better movie experience..

Oh well such is life eh?
 
Well at least Casino Royale won Britains film of the year in Film 2006's survey.
 
Back