GTP's Favourite Artist Poll - NominationsMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ev0
  • 69 comments
  • 2,595 views

Ev0

Messages
4,680
Inspired by Famine's Favourite Movie thread, and a general lack of activity in the music forum, I have decided to start a poll to find out what GTP's favourite artist is! The first stage, which will be carried out in this thread, is where you will nominate your 10 favourite artists.

You may not vote for the same artist twice, and revisions to your list will be allowed throughout the nominations period, as long as you make a new post, either saying you edited an earlier post, or posting the new list.

The nominations will be counted by a deadline on December 24th. I will then create a new thread with a poll, featuring the most popular nominations (I will determine how many artists to include based upon the number of nominations).

Feel free to discuss your choices here, and see if you can maybe influence some voters in the favor of your favourite artists ;)

And to get the ball rolling, my top 10 list (in no particular order):

-Van Halen
-Rush
-Led Zeppelin
-Pink Floyd
-AC/DC
-The Who
-Jimi Hendrix
-The Beatles
-Dire Straits
-The Doors
 
In no particular order:
  • Pink Floyd
  • Tool
  • Led Zeppelin
  • Black Sabbath
  • Guns N' Roses
  • Van Halen
  • Dream Theater
  • In Flames
  • Metallica
  • Pantera

Nice thread idea BTW. 👍
 
In Flames
Tool
Black Sabbath
Slayer
Pantera
Jimi Hendrix
Pink Floyd
Soundgarden
Metallica
Sepultura
 
Linkin Park
Smile Empty Soul
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Metallica
Godsmack
Franz Ferdinand
Chevelle
Green Day
Joe Satriani
Modest Mouse
 
Tool
A Perfect Circle
Metallica
Megadeth
Pantera
Mastodon
Chevelle
Disturbed
Sevendust
Staind
 
Getting a very large list of artists here! Great submissions, keep 'em coming!

Oh yes, and if you do want to edit your list, please post an entirely new list in a separate post so I can edit the standings accordingly (It wouldn't be good if I didn't have the old submission to compare to).
 
1. Jurassic-5
2. Ferry Corsten
3. Swollen Members
4. Mauro Picotto
5. Talla 2XLC
6. Dilated Peoples
7. Armin Van Buuren
8. Sweatshop Union
9. Paul Oakenfold
10. The Prodigy
 
  1. Tool
  2. A Perfect Circle
  3. Joe Satriani
  4. Metallica
  5. Pink Floyd
  6. Killswitch Engage
  7. Van Halen
  8. Sparta
  9. The Mars Volta
  10. Iron Maiden
 
Metallica
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Green Day
Sum 41
Megadeath
Slipknot
A Perfect Circle
Modest Mouse
Jimmy Eat World
 
1. QUEEN
2. THE WHO
3. VAN HALEN (CAPS LOCK IS STILL ON)
4. AC/DC (IT'S STUCK!)
5. Wings (whew!)
6. ...I'll get back to you on that.
 
Chicane
Prodigy
Tiesto
AVB
PVD
Ferry Corsten
DJ Shadow
Mr. Scruff
Kid Koala
BT

In no particular order...
 
Tool
Janes Addiction
Alice in Chains
Orbital
Underworld
Mastodon
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Nick Drake
Thomas Newman


Filtering all my favorite artists down to my 10 favorite, was not an easy task... This list represents what I am currently favoring... My taste runs the gamut from classical 15th century piano concertos, to 20th century metal (and everything in between)... It would be much easier for me to give a list of 10 for each genre...



;)
 
I already know that tool has more than a 90% chance of winning.
 
Van Halen (Only Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
The Beatles
Phantom Planet
Pete Yorn
Elvis Costello
The Who
Weezer
The Rolling Stones
Led Zeppelin
Bob Marley
 
Tool... Obviously.
A Perfect Circle... Obvious choice #2.
In Flames
The Butterfly Effect
Rammstein
Marilyn Manson
Soilwork
Joe Satriani
SOiL
Dream Theater

That's my top 10. Go Tool.
 
Delphic Reason
It would be much easier for me to give a list of 10 for each genre...

I'd like that.

Here's my list, not in any paticular order(except the Beatles):

1. Beatles - Paul, John and George could've been classic rock heroes, even by themselves as solo artists.

2. Oasis - Many hate this band. I love them, they wrote some great songs, especially their earlier b-sides.

3. Blur - Still going strong, still not afraid of experimenting.

4. Queen - Maybe the best vocal in rock, ever.

5. Johann Sebastian Bach - Most beautiful music ever composed, in my opinion.

6. The Blue Hearts - Japanese band. Best lyricists, amazing melody makers. If they were an European band, they would been considered an important addition in rock history.

7. Eric Clapton - My Guitar Hero!

8. Marvin Gaye - My favourite R&B Artist. Please checkout some songs he did with Tammi Terrell.

9. Lauryn Hill - I've got no girls or hip-hop artist on my list, well, there you go. Seriously, she is one of the most talented female artist today, please release more CDs. P.S. Don't believe the rumor that she's racist, not true.

10. Weezer - What I'm listening to currently.... Again.
 
Race Idiot
I already know that tool has more than a 90% chance of winning.

Probably. :/

Here are some nominees from me:

Pixies
Dinosaur JR
Jesus And Mary Chain
Stone Roses
Beastie Boys
Gang Starr
Matthew Sweet
Felix Da Housecat
 
lynyrd skynyrd godsmack filter molly hatchet stone temple pilots NiN JayZ Oasis disturbed
 
In no particular order, and limiting myself to 20th-21st century popular music:

Trent Reznor / Nine Inch Nails
They Might Be Giants
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Led Zeppelin
Love & Rockets / Bauhaus
Hank Williams
Muddy Waters
Elvis Costello
Morphine
Tool

That about covers the bases. Honorable Mention to Alice In Chains.
 
Hmm... I think Tool is gonna take this one out with honours...

By the way neon_duke - very very nice avatar indeed... ! :sly:
 
Red Hot Chili Peppers,
Rage Against The Machine,
Jurrasic 5,
The Roots,
Billy Talent,
The Faint,
The Prodigy,
Biffy Clyro,
The Mars Volta,
Led Zeplin

I think Led Zep might actually get this....

Integra Type R, you've heard of Mr Scruff? As in the British DJ, like Jazz Potato? If so he plays one of my local clubs every month. Seen him several times, pretty good.

toyomatt84 wicked list of bands, with J5, swollen members and dialated peoples...
 
Alright, I'm already editing my previous post. I can't believe I left off Weezer as I have been listening to Pinkerton for the past two weeks. Took off Pink Floyd.
 
Well, right now Tool is leading in nominations, but just barely. Metallica and Led Zeppelin are trailing by only 1 nomination, so it's probably going to be a tight one folks! So far 116 artists in total have been nominated.
 
Lynyrd Skynyrd
Ten Foot Pole
Bigwig
The Vandals
The Descendents
Jimi Hendrix
Sublime
Pennywise
Iron Maiden
Suicide Machines
 
wee_man
Integra Type R, you've heard of Mr Scruff? As in the British DJ, like Jazz Potato? If so he plays one of my local clubs every month. Seen him several times, pretty good.


I guess it's the same guy. :p
 
wee_man
Red Hot Chili Peppers,
Rage Against The Machine,
Jurrasic 5,
The Roots,
Billy Talent,
The Faint,
The Prodigy,
Biffy Clyro,
The Mars Volta,
Led Zeplin

I think Led Zep might actually get this....

Integra Type R, you've heard of Mr Scruff? As in the British DJ, like Jazz Potato? If so he plays one of my local clubs every month. Seen him several times, pretty good.

toyomatt84 wicked list of bands, with J5, swollen members and dialated peoples...

Thanks. It's pretty much the only good rap/hip hop artists out there. There are some others, but I'm favoring those.
 
Back