GTP's Favourite Artist Poll - NominationsMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ev0
  • 69 comments
  • 2,593 views
Tool
A Perfect Circle
SOiL
In Flames
Feeder
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dream Theater
Lostprophets
System Of A Down
Queens Of The Stone Age
 
911_Carrera
Tool
A Perfect Circle
SOiL
In Flames
Feeder
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dream Theater
Lostprophets
System Of A Down
Queens Of The Stone Age

What, no Stratovarius? :scared:
 
911_Carrera
Tool
A Perfect Circle
SOiL
In Flames
Feeder
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Dream Theater
Lostprophets
System Of A Down
Queens Of The Stone Age

How could I have forgotten "The Queens of the Stoneage"?... Fantastic band...

In a few months I think we should have another poll, this time providing your top 10 from each genre... True, some only listen to specific genres... However, I think we would come up with some interesting results, nonetheless...



;)
 
I'm quite a music fan, alas stuck to 56gay... I don't have the facilities to download multiple albums by 10 bands in any given genre... :crazy:
 
At Stinky :lol: - Not Stratovarius YET. I haven't listened to enough of their stuff.

Hey DR (SD) (Hey, catchy...) - QOTSA are brilliant. Too bad everyone's left now. 👎
 
Ser0119
I can't believe I left off Weezer as I have been listening to Pinkerton for the past two weeks.

Me too, great album!
 
Godsmack
Alice In Chains
Nirvana
Metallica
AC/DC
U2
Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
Led Zeppelin
Soundgarden
 
Stinky Chicken
I'm quite a music fan, alas stuck to 56gay... I don't have the facilities to download multiple albums by 10 bands in any given genre... :crazy:

I buy most of my music... I own all of the albums by each band I listed...

QOTSA are brilliant. Too bad everyone's left now.

Agreed...

They were on the Lalapalooza tour, but had to leave the tour before they reached my area... I was pissed... I was really looking forward to seeing them live... Still, it was a great concert with bands like:

A Perfect Circle
Janes Addiction
Audioslave


👍
 
Here we go, it's trimmed. Very sorry, didn't read the first post. Stupid me. :dunce:

  • Pantera
  • Slayer
  • Devolved
  • Fear Factory
  • Cannibal Corpse
  • Malevolent Creation
  • Deicide
  • Lamb of God
  • The Berzerker
  • AC/DC

Again, sorry.
 
I think that list needs some trimming Jimmy! :dopey:
 
Joy Division
Radiohead
David Byrne
Tool
U2
Led Zeppelin
They Might Be Giants
Morphine
The Smiths
Love & Rockets

After Joy Division, there isn't any order to my selections. Am I seriously the only person who has Joy Division as one of the 10 Best Groups ever?
 
Yeah, they would have made my cut if I had not tried to cover so many different genres of music in 10 artists. Good list there, K.
👍
 
Slayer
Pantera
Ozzy
Black Sabbath
Metallica
Lamb of God
Mötley Crüe
Hatebreed
Cinderella
Slipknot
 
The Who
Radiohead
The Clash
Prodigy
The Verve
NIN
The Mars Volta
Brand New
U2
Jimmy Eat World

No order. Tough calls.
 
In no particular order :

Tool
A Perfect Circle
Dream Theater
Pink Floyd
Guns N' Roses
Metallica
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
The Mars Volta
In Flames
 
SlipZtrEm
The Clash
👍 👍 👍
A defining part of my modern life. I can't imagine how I overlooked them.

NOTE: if necessary, delete Elvis Costello from my list and insert The Clash.
 
Delphic Reason
(Regarding QOTSA...)
It's another band (along with APC and Tool mainly) where I find that the singer's voice really stands out. I really enjoy listening to the almost moaning voice of Josh Homme.

Also, good news for fans...

" 'Lullabies To Paralyze' will be released to all you fine folks on March 22, 2005. "

- From the Official QOTSA website. 👍
 
911_Carrera
It's another band (along with APC and Tool mainly) where I find that the singer's voice really stands out. I really enjoy listening to the almost moaning voice of Josh Homme.

Agreed... I would also add Layne Staley (Alice in Chains)... Layne had one of the most unique and immediately identifiable voices in rock... Noone sounds like Layne...

BTW, I have the next QOTSA album preordered... Looking forward to picking it up...

Also, Tool is currently in the studio recording for their next album... As most of you know, I am a huge Tool fan, so I am eagerly awaiting their next offering...



;)
 
Delphic Reason
Also, Tool is currently in the studio recording for their next album... As most of you know, I am a huge Tool fan, so I am eagerly awaiting their next offering...
Any idea when that's coming out? I'm interested to see what they end up puting out, as I have felt for a long time that Tool is a band on the verge of greatness.
 
Ev0
Any idea when that's coming out? I'm interested to see what they end up puting out, as I have felt for a long time that Tool is a band on the verge of greatness.

On the verge?... In many peoples eyes they are already there, and have been at least since Aenima... In fact, most Tool fans see Aenima as the peak of Tool's career... However, I am not necessarily one of that number... I thoroughly enjoyed Lateralis, although I am hoping for a return to the heavier sounds of the Undertow and Aenima days...

Anyway... They haven't set a date for the release... They're still in the recording process... When I do know, I will post the date in the "Official Tool Fanclub" thread...



;)
 
My faves, the first 2 in order, the rest are too close to call:

1) Smashing Pumpkins
2) Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath
The Police
Jimi Hendrix
Pink Floyd
The Cure
Peter Gabriel
The Charlatans UK
The Clash

Ten bands are just not enough for me really...too many great ones out there.
 
CFM
My faves, the first 2 in order, the rest are too close to call:

1) Smashing Pumpkins
2) Led Zeppelin

Black Sabbath
The Police
Jimi Hendrix
Pink Floyd
The Cure
Peter Gabriel
The Charlatans UK
The Clash

Ten bands are just not enough for me really...too many great ones out there.

I'm glad you picked the Charlatans UK. "Forever" is one of my favorite songs. great band!
 
a6m5
I'm glad you picked the Charlatans UK. "Forever" is one of my favorite songs. great band!
Not too many Americans know of them, so it's cool to find someone else here that likes them. Their last album, Up at the Lake, wasn't even released here. I had to get it along wiht the 2 singles shipped over here from the UK:indiff: 'Between 10th and 11th' and 'Up to Our Hips' are my favorite albums by them:tup:
 
METALLICA!!!!, korn, disturbed, Eazy-E, Dr Dre, 213 Group most of all Snoop Dogg and The game.
 
Pink Floyd
REM
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The Offspring
Queen
Dire Straits

Gah! Thats all i can think of at the moment. 👍
 
Delphic Reason
On the verge?... In many peoples eyes they are already there, and have been at least since Aenima... In fact, most Tool fans see Aenima as the peak of Tool's career... However, I am not necessarily one of that number... I thoroughly enjoyed Lateralis, although I am hoping for a return to the heavier sounds of the Undertow and Aenima days...

Anyway... They haven't set a date for the release... They're still in the recording process... When I do know, I will post the date in the "Official Tool Fanclub" thread...



;)

1) Ænima, if you please. Alt and 0198.

2) Lateralus. The 'i' was a mistake in printing, you can trust me when I say it's definitely Lateralus.

3) I think Lateralus is the best album. Opiate rates up there as well. In fact, forget everything I've said just now, every Tool album ever made is the best one. :crazy:

4) I'd like to see a heavier album as well. I've got Lateralus to smooth out the old nerves, now I'd like something I can actually bop to. ;)

5) OFFICIAL TOOL FANCLUB!? Where? Where? Sign me up now!

6) The album is due for release early next year, January or some such rubbish.
 
1. Millencolin
2. Bad Religion
3. Sex Pistols
4. Greenday
5. NOFX
6. Alkaline Trio
7. AC/DC
8. Kiss
9. GoldFinger
10. Dream Theater
 
Back