GTP's GT5 Public Drift Settings Depot

• Thread starter nk4e
  • 1,028 comments
Are you sure your not mixing drifting with understeer?

Not really , I just made a setting for a R33 that fits just for me :D , maybe I'll post it later , oh BTW , never try a 55/45 weight balance , it just ruins drifts :grumpy:

Dodge Charger 440 R/T '70

Max Power: 559 BHP
Weight: 1343 KG
Performance Points: 539

Parts:
*Do not buy "engine" upgrade (eg engine level 1,)
-buy everything else including ecu and supercharger. (exhaust optional)

Tuning:

Transmission: top speed 220km (tight tracks or point drifting) adjust accordingly

LSD: 37, 34, 34

Suspension:(front/rear)

Ride Height -25/-25
Spring rate 4.4/4.0
Dampers 4/4
antiroll 2/2
Camber 2.6/0.0
Toe 0.06/0.47

Brakes 7/3

Tyres : Comfort Hard

Brief description: This car feels so light for what it is, very easy drifter and not to bad on the eye. Controller used and tandem is possible with jdm cars.Have fun.

Last edited:
RX7 Spirit R Type A (FD) 02

Brief Description:

Fun and addictive to drift around any course your willing to find the "line" on. G27 or Controller can be used . I have been asked to join teams, gotten compliments online, asked to share settings etc. If you need a controllable drifter then don't expect this car to be it straight away (for most). It is however capable of close precision drifting (easy tandem after practice)

WARNING: Car is loose and may seem like it is uncontrollable at first ( even in a straight line if your new to this). Technique is to brake evenly to move weight to the front, then push back out (handbrake or clutch) on entry and feather/countersteer it,

Upgrades:

Everything in tune shop maxxed out except turbo (get stage 2 turbo)
Aero parts & oil change in GT Auto
Tyres comfort hard (but it can drift with up to SH tyres too)

Settings:

Downforce: 15 (rear)
Ballast amount: 5
Ballast Position: -50

Power Limiter: 504 bhp (turn to 100% if your not beginner)

Transmission: Max speed 316km/h

LSD: (top to bottom)10, 40 20 or 37,34,34 (try them both if your learning)

SUSPENSION (front / rear)

Camber: 3.9 / 0.0
Toe Angle: -0.06 / 0.70

Ride Height: -15 / -14
Spring Rate: 8.4 / 6.3
Dampers Ext: 5 / 5
Dampers Com: 5 / 5
Anti Roll: 4 / 3

Brakes: 8 / 3.9

Hope you enjoy it as much as i do. PSN: klevrah

klevrah
RX7 Spirit R Type A (FD) 02

Brief Description:

Fun and addictive to drift around any course your willing to find the "line" on. G27 or Controller can be used . I have been asked to join teams, gotten compliments online, asked to share settings etc. If you need a controllable drifter then don't expect this car to be it straight away (for most). It is however capable of close precision drifting (easy tandem after practice)

WARNING: Car is loose and may seem like it is uncontrollable at first ( even in a straight line if your new to this). Technique is to brake evenly to move weight to the front, then push back out (handbrake or clutch) on entry and feather/countersteer it,

Upgrades:

Everything in tune shop maxxed out except turbo (get stage 2 turbo)
Aero parts & oil change in GT Auto
Tyres comfort hard (but it can drift with up to SH tyres too)

Settings:

Downforce: 15 (rear)
Ballast amount: 5
Ballast Position: -50

Power Limiter: 504 bhp (turn to 100% if your not beginner)

Transmission: Max speed 316km/h

LSD: (top to bottom)10, 40 20 or 37,34,34 (try them both if your learning)

SUSPENSION (front / rear)

Camber: 3.9 / 0.0
Toe Angle: -0.06 / 0.70

Ride Height: -15 / -14
Spring Rate: 8.4 / 6.3
Dampers Ext: 5 / 5
Dampers Com: 5 / 5
Anti Roll: 4 / 3

Brakes: 8 / 3.9

Hope you enjoy it as much as i do. PSN: klevrah

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQtDkR9PNmw">YouTube Link</a>

I'm going to try this as it looks a tiny bit the same yet totally different tune than what I would do. But wtf is 3.9 for the rear brake, can I just do 4? Lol

'07 Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33)
Power: 535hp
Weight: 1228kg

Parts to buy:

All 3 stages of weight reduction
Window weight reduction
Carbon Hood
Chassis Reinforcement
Aero Kits (from GT Auto)
Sports ECU
All 3 stages engine tuning
Sports Intake Manifold
Racing Air Filter
Sport Exhaust Manifold
Sports Catalytic Converter
Titanium Racing Muffler
Supercharger
Twin Plate Clutch
Semi Racing Flywheel
Adjustable LSD
Carbon Drive Shaft
Fully Customizable Suspension
Comfort Soft Tires

Settings:

Ride Height: -10/-10
Spring Rate: 10.6/8.6
Dampers Extension: 7/7
Dampers Compression: 4/4
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/4

Camber angle: 3.5/0.5
Toe angle: -0.25/0.15

LSD Setting:
Initial Torque: 60
Accel Sensitivity: 60
Braking Sensitivity: 60

Brake Balance: 3/8

Downforce: 0/16

All driving aids off except ABS set to 1

Little description of handling characteristics:
This setup is tuned at the Tsukuba track. It's for DS3 controller. It's pretty stable in my opinion. Approach the corner at the right speed, sometime throw in the ebrake to throw that tail out, and punch it in second or third gear, depending on the corner. But of course throttle and steering control is the key to hold the drift through out the corner. Bad throttle control will either cause it understeer or spin out. Overall, it's very manageable with DS3 controller, not too sure about the wheel. Any feedback on the setup would be appreciated.

tried this on Gran Turismo 350Z RS and worked perfectly, my drifts went up 100%, was able to slide longer, control angle better and recover easily. thx much, excellent settings.

Let me preface by saying I'm an above average drifter (in my opinion) in the GT5 world and I'm a throttle drifter (not ebrake) for the most part.

When I adjust my settings, I usually play with camber, LSD, ride height, and tranny settings - to me, when I make an adjustment (noticeable values - not talking about .001 of extra camber!) I can feel a difference.

However, I don't mess too much with spring rate and also toe settings. I know that a stiffer spring rate should help the car slide more (right?) but what do toe settings really do, in terms of drifting?

Thanks in advance.

ETA - using a DS3

Last edited:
Let me preface by saying I'm an above average drifter (in my opinion) in the GT5 world and I'm a throttle drifter (not ebrake) for the most part.

When I adjust my settings, I usually play with camber, LSD, ride height, and tranny settings - to me, when I make an adjustment (noticeable values - not talking about .001 of extra camber!) I can feel a difference.

However, I don't mess too much with spring rate and also toe settings. I know that a stiffer spring rate should help the car slide more (right?) but what do toe settings really do, in terms of drifting?

Thanks in advance.

ETA - using a DS3

1: +toe (rear) or -toe (front) = oversteer
(it also lessens/increases the effects of camber which also provides oversteer/understeer traits)

2: stiffer car will "sometimes" slide more but they have tendencies to "whip" itself around corners instead of "flowing" so its not always a good thing.

Ford GT '06
Power: 824bhp
Weight: 1203kg

Parts to buy:
Buy and upgrade everything including supercharger
CH tyres (But it'll slide in any shoes Im sure)👍

Settings:

Transmission: max speed 357km/h
LSD: 26, 34, 34 (top to bottom)

Suspension (front/ rear)

ride height: -20/ -18
spring rate : 10.2/11.4
Dampers all: 7/7
Anti roll: 4/4

Camber: 1.6/ 0.8
Toe: -0.12/ 0.32

Brakes: 6/ 5

All driving aids off except ABS (set to1)

Brief Description: EXPERTS ONLY.She's really hard to control. I use this ride to warm up before battles because it makes the rest of my cars feel like a dream to drive after it. I wasn't going for points/speed or angle in this video just thrashing the GT around.:sly:

Last edited:
premium DB9 aston martin
Power: 656 HP

Parts to buy: everything(included oil swap) -chassis reinforcement

Settings/ratio's
1:3757
2:2767
3:2202
4:1952
5:1567
6:1233
final gear: 2877
max speed: 240 kmh/ 149mph

LSD:

Suspension (front/ rear)

ride height: -25/-21
spring rate : 12.3/8.0
Extension: 8/3
Compression:6/3
Anti roll:4/5

Camber: 5.2/1.2
Toe: -0.37/-0.14

Brakes: 5/6

Description: the car is really easy to control, mainly drivin in 3th & 4th gear. the car will smoke his tires even when going straight (whole straight in tsukuba circuit).

klevrah
OHHH I have the perfect one for you... post it tomorrow.

Very sorry for the late reply it's great I love it! Could you please the Mazda MX-5 TC and if you don't have it I'll let you borrow one of mine or I'll send you one

For some reason, the Nismo 270r drift setting is not working. The car lack power even after a stage engine upgrade. Anybody else using a working dirt setting for the Nismo 270r?

Any one with the Re-amemiya drift settings here? Tried the link but it keeps sending me to the last post lol

Very sorry for the late reply it's great I love it! Could you please the Mazda MX-5 TC and if you don't have it I'll let you borrow one of mine or I'll send you one

yes i have that car, haven't tried it yet but I'll have a go.post tomorrow hopefully

Hey I have a request please. Its not mainly for the tune, but for the challenge. Can you make a midget drift? The ultimate challenge.

I'm posting this because it's in the OCD and is one of my favorites. It's a throttle happy fog machine with pretty neutral handling, it likes to take long drives around the ring, and just generally makes me smile. Hope you all like it as much as I do.

Corvette C4 Grand Sport '96 Drift Car
DS3
suzukacircuiteastcoursex.jpg

Max HP 652
Weight 1331kg
CH tires

Parts List
Weight redux 3
Window redux
Chassis Reinforcement
ECU Tuning
Engine Tune Stage 3