GTP's Hot Version Touge Showdown

• Thread starter Mat123
  • 5,182 comments
Thanks Mat for the test and battle result video, they were a joy to watch :)đź‘Ť I look forward for better tests review and result on the next episodes to come, :banghead:if only I can get online, I could be a backup test driver;)

Take your time preparing for 300 class episode, I am sure it would be epic. Oh, I am going to finalize my MAX class tune within 5 days, the Hosaka Tuning R33 GTR just needs a bit more fine tuning.

The early tune R33 should be great for the Skyline TT at Deep Forest, just need to reduce power, make it lighter and put a full custom transmission:dopey:

Last edited:
Thanks for your patience Ridox. :)

Anyway, I'm currently in the process of devicing some rubrics.

EDIT: So guys, I've come up with this. It's not final, so give me your thoughts on improving this.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/matmedrano/8153245479/

EDIT: Some of the things above have been changed. I haven't uploaded it yet though.

Last edited:
I think there should've been the Semi Final system instead of just going to the finals quickly. :P Like Roadster vs FC and EG6 vs MR-S.

I just didn't have time. :ouch: :nervous:

Sorry.

Trust me, this time, there will be.
One of the hardest things to do is telling people they have to wait.
As tuners we often get impatient to hear the results of our endeavors and yell for the results immediately.
Part of hosting any sort of event is the responsibility to be able to say sorry but you all need to hold your horses because real life has gotten in the way of my projected schedule for the event.
Tuners may not want to hear that but they will for the most part respect it, and you for the decision to take the extra time to deliver a good event.

This isn't a criticism but some accumulated experience of my own that I've not always heeded myself.

Your doing good and listening to the people on this forums advice and suggestions to try and make this thread better. Keep it up, take the time you need to deliver the sort of content you want and don't be afraid to tell us impatient tuning gits to calm down and wait till its ready. We may bark a lot but rarely bite.:crazy::cheers:

Mat123
I just didn't have time. :ouch: :nervous:

Sorry.

Trust me, this time, there will be.

Haha it's fine. It is okay though if you make a spin-off(unofficial) battle vid with my Roadster vs FC and EG6 vs MRS?? XD
Initial D 5th Stage Episode 1

Last edited:
Haha it's fine. It is okay though if you make a spin-off(unofficial) battle vid with my Roadster vs FC and EG6 vs MRS?? XD
Initial D 5th Stage Episode 1

Yeah, it's fine. Though it might take some time.

Also, 5th Stage! Just listening to the intro gave me goosebumps!

EDIT: Just checked out the GT5 2.09 update thread. Am I dreaming!? Offline physics are really close to offline now? If this is true, then YAY!

Last edited:
Subs? Pfft! lol

I actually understood what they said since I've read the manga way too many times. :lol:

Off-Topic but, what ever :P
Touge related at least. Haha, I took a vid of myself doing a run on a rFactor version of Gunsai. Not really accurate to RL but whatever xD.

I'll probably drop my WRX…god damn PD changing this and that on the physics model screwed up my car and I can't find the balance anymore.

I actually like the physics so much more now. My cars feel more agile and somewhat more flexible and reactive. They didn't change the physics, they just removed whatever disparity there was between on/offline

That being said, I still don't know what car to tune for TougeMAX... I've tried two different cars already, and I kinda don't wanna use an 800hp monster but at the same time I want to be competitive.

edit: you know what, I've made up my mind. I'm going with the ********* ******** *** (**) '06. It should make for a fun car with plenty of power and torque, as well as handling to boot. Quite a beauty as well.

(If anyone guesses the car before I post it, I'll consider sending them a nice little gift)

Last edited:
I actually like the physics so much more now. My cars feel more agile and somewhat more flexible and reactive. They didn't change the physics, they just removed whatever disparity there was between on/offline

That being said, I still don't know what car to tune for TougeMAX... I've tried two different cars already, and I kinda don't wanna use an 800hp monster but at the same time I want to be competitive.
Well my Max class car will most likely be one of the higher HP cars...but considering it's weight it needs all that extra power just to stay close.:crazy:
Now I'd feel a lot more confident if this was a wangen run instead of touge...the car has great legs but getting it to negotiate those hairpins is something else.:drool::lol:
Of course the "Bling" effect I gave it should be good for some extra points!:lol:
Hate to do it but will have to send the car to Mat so he can use it in his video with the full effect of its looks. Highly doubt he would want to use a paint pack paint to replicate it if he even has the pack and paint available.:lol:

Well my Max class car will most likely be one of the higher HP cars...but considering it's weight it needs all that extra power just to stay close.:crazy:
Now I'd feel a lot more confident if this was a wangen run instead of touge...the car has great legs but getting it to negotiate those hairpins is something else.:drool::lol:
Of course the "Bling" effect I gave it should be good for some extra points!:lol:
Hate to do it but will have to send the car to Mat so he can use it in his video with the full effect of its looks. Highly doubt he would want to use a paint pack paint to replicate it if he even has the pack and paint available.:lol:

I was running my car at just over 700hp, since it's relatively light but i toned it down to 660 to reduce the risk of spinning out... not like it won't happen anyways lol

I was running my car at just over 700hp, since it's relatively light but i toned it down to 660 to reduce the risk of spinning out... not like it won't happen anyways lol
Umm mines gonna have a bit more than that under the hood...:dopey:
Still need to finish breaking it in...and trying to fine tune it a bit...though fine tuning and this combination of car and track is probably a bit like accurate handgrenades...:lol:

Umm mines gonna have a bit more than that under the hood...:dopey:
Still need to finish breaking it in...and trying to fine tune it a bit...though fine tuning and this combination of car and track is probably a bit like accurate handgrenades...:lol:

hahaha!
I've just about finished the suspension, haven't done too much with the differential and the gearing I might just leave stock since the car has so much torque that it might not need any special ratios.

hahaha!
I've just about finished the suspension, haven't done too much with the differential and the gearing I might just leave stock since the car has so much torque that it might not need any special ratios.
When you going to be online? Might have to hook up and give you a preview of my beast.:D

Back