GTP's Hot Version Touge Showdown

• Thread starter Mat123
  • 5,182 comments
I am still stuck at 1.07 :grumpy:, and I fixed the link :
Should be like this :

I saw the review - too much brake pressure.

I tuned it with high BB :lol: I should have recommended a low BB setting for no ABS driving :(

The rear slide unexpectedly : the car served it's purpose - sliding :D :lol:

Thanks for the video, great job Mat 👍

Last edited:
Just watched the final round race…how could you say that for the 1st round?! The FC was so evidently quicker. :lol: Also, I noticed how the driver of my FC is always overshooting the corner. Maybe I made it too easy for the driver to get confident? :lol: But since it was a draw, does that not mean a *chants like in the D1 GP* "one-more-time!"? :P

Just watched the final round race…how could you say that for the 1st round?! The FC was so evidently quicker. :lol: Also, I noticed how the driver of my FC is always overshooting the corner. Maybe I made it too easy for the driver to get confident? :lol: But since it was a draw, does that not mean a *chants like in the D1 GP* "one-more-time!"? :P

lol, I'll provide pics of the draw. Also, you were too far behind in the first round, making it look like the FC was quicker. lol

Anyway, yeah. I'll show pics sometime. I'm about to go to sleep. lol

Oh, and yeah. ;) They'll return for season 2. My MR2 will be undergoing a COMPLETE overhaul. ;)

lol, I'll provide pics of the draw. Also, you were too far behind in the first round, making it look like the FC was quicker. lol

Anyway, yeah. I'll show pics sometime. I'm about to go to sleep. lol

Oh, and yeah. ;) They'll return for season 2. My MR2 will be undergoing a COMPLETE overhaul. ;)

You know, if I had tried to chase, I'd have run straight into your MR2? :lol:

They? As in both the FC and the MR2 or just the MR2?

Hey Onboi! Am I right in thinking your FC was slower than my Copen? :lol:

Yea…but since the tyres on the Copen didn't have any chance to heat up, the handling was a tad off from when I was messing around with it. Hence me making absolutely sure of fixing that with your C30 this time by having Mat thrash the engine.

trackripper123
It's up already, go onto Mat's Youtube account. 👍

I wonder if I got it up to the 200hp limit and spent more then an hour with it, would it be better... or would it have killed Mat? :dopey:

I wonder if I got it up to the 200hp limit and spent more then an hour with it, would it be better... or would it have killed Mat? :dopey:

The latter. Watching Mat test it was like watching me trying my hand at the Maclaren F1 for the first time on my first GT5 race ever. Slow…and spinning. Blame him not letting the tyres warm up. :lol:

Onboy123
The latter. Watching Mat test it was like watching me trying my hand at the Maclaren F1 for the first time on my first GT5 race ever. Slow…and spinning. Blame him not letting the tyres warm up. :lol:

... so you're saying my G4 is just like a F1?... :lol::P. Well I hope to be a part of the MAX showdown and improve my tuning skills :dopey:

Hey Onboi! Am I right in thinking your FC was slower than my Copen? :lol:
Onboy's FC was slower than several of the other cars. Obviously the driving feel portion was a lot more important than the sector times. Gives me a slight bit of hope for the 300hp class, since there is no way "Opa" can get anywhere close to the newer 4wds in sector times.:drool:
Almost switched to my Evo VI RS TM when I saw how far off pace "Opa" was, but the car was to much fun to drive and to good looking to not enter it.:crazy:::lol:

Onboy's FC was slower than several of the other cars. Obviously the driving feel portion was a lot more important than the sector times. Gives me a slight bit of hope for the 300hp class, since there is no way "Opa" can get anywhere close to the newer 4wds in sector times.:drool:
Almost switched to my Evo VI RS TM when I saw how far off pace "Opa" was, but the car was to much fun to drive and to good looking to not enter it.:crazy:::lol:

I realised that soon after actually, but it's a Copen! :lol: That said, your X4 did set a pretty quick time too...

Thanks for making a vid of my Roadster!! I wonder what position I got.. :P did you like the crossed mission by the way?? Since I knew the course would be with tight hairpins, I thought a crossed mission was suitable. I notice the straightaway speed was quite slow.

Last edited:
TOP FUEL CIVIC ZERO 1000 (EK9) 300HP Touge Version

Premium Civic Type R EK '97 bought from NCD - stock wheels, body paint : Frosty

Specs :
300HP/8600rpm - 211ftlb/6100rpm - break in complete
Weight : 972kg
Snip ...

I updated my tune as the car is fully broken in now and I don't want to use power limiter, everything still the same, except some bolt on parts. Please advised.

You know, if I had tried to chase, I'd have run straight into your MR2? :lol:

They? As in both the FC and the MR2 or just the MR2?

Anyway, yeah. Both of them will return. It's up to you if you still want to tune the FC. So, that means, there will be two or three battles. :D

Thank you for the Video Mat 👍 It's looks fast and easy to drive . ;) I like the way you put your comment on the video great work Mat.

Apparently, YouTube is unavailable for me... Anyone else getting an error message? :ouch:

I was about to upload the reviews, but this happened.

Untitled.png

If anyone else is having this error, please tell me. I'm starting to think it's just me. lol

Arggghhh! I need to upload just 1 more video!!

Last edited:
Mat, my tune for the 300 class, Top Fuel Civic on page 22 is now final, no more changes to be expected, I have just made one last update - ATS LSD tune for the car as in real car :D Enjoy !!

I think that's the new m5 in the picture

It is, but he's just doing that to give us an idea of what car he's got in mind. I've got…something altogether more dangerous up my sleeve. For now though, the trusty R34 should more than suffice, no?

It is, but he's just doing that to give us an idea of what car he's got in mind. I've got…something altogether more dangerous up my sleeve. For now though, the trusty R34 should more than suffice, no?

Hehe... R34's are my specialty. ;)

Back