GTP's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car Segment: Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 249 comments

Would you be interested in such a segment?

• Total voters
Joey, looks like a great idea... the way its posted in the first post sounds like a great plan!!! Totally down for this as well đź‘Ť

Though it would be nice compare and say, "Hey, im faster than Steve Cougan! Although Cameron Diaz is faster and on top of me... i like that actually. Pun intended :]"
:lol: who wouldnt love have Cameron on top of them. However, Tom Cruise is as well, and thats just not a pleasant thought.

This is easily one of the most brilliant ideas to bring the community together for some serious fun. Will the participants be picked at random?

Participants will be picked based on being noteworthy: WRS leaders, photomode contest winners, track leaders for the fastest race times, long term members, mods, etc. I think until the game gets going and some of the race series and competitions get under way I'll pick a couple long time members to interview and race.

The game is released on the 2nd so I'm guessing we have our first segment on Nov 14th, that should give the first person enough time to adjust.

Nov 14th? Nice, since GT5 releases on the 5th in the UK. -_-
Giving us Britons the chance to :bowdown: to the amazement, then :eek: at the realism, while :drool: at the HD graphics, and having a :cheers: because of the amazing game. Yeah.. the thing is, we'd actually do that. Or maybe the Irish... :sly:

Definitely would be spectating for this (no PS3 as of now :grumpy:). What about the weather? Maybe the location of the interviewee could be a factor. If it's raining the day s/he races, it should be raining in-game. If it's snow, make it heavy rain in-game (if possible). If it's 'Mildly Moist' - yeah, you get it...

Ya I haven't figured out the weather yet, but that does need to be a factor.

I'd recommend that the car used be a cheaper used car, maybe an old skyline? Not trying to make your decision for you, but it'd be easier if it was a car that was easy to obtain/cheap to buy, since everyone would need to get their hands on an identical car. Would you care if the car was the same color? It works for consistency, but isn't necessarily important, and would (possibly) rule used cars out. It might just be easier to wait for the game to come out to choose the car. Great idea though, looking forward to seeing this come to fruition. đź‘Ť

Now that we have a release date (again) I'm going to get this back moving in the right direction. The first post has been updated to tell a better story of how this will all work.

The car has been chosen but only revealed to the premo members and the first guest has been selected too. The tentative date is 5 Dec 10, but like anything GT related it is subject to change.

Although I think I could start GTPSIARPC whenever I want. [/GTHUMOUR]

This will be very exciting, I love the idea, but I'm not going to join because I don't speak English. I'd like to support you, but if I vote yes, I'll be included into the list of possible players, right?

You don't need to speak perfect English. I can, and will more then likely edited, the final interview to read coherently. As long as I can understand what you are getting at, you're fine.

And anyone is eligible to be interviewed and take a lap, just get out and do something noteworthy on the forum. Win a race series, win a photomode comp, opening a successful tuning garage, write a successful series of race reports. It really doesn't matter.

But the car list does not include the "Cee Apostrophe D"

We aren't using that car, we are using something completely different.

This only takes the style of Top Gear's SIARPC, while very similar it's not the same thing.

You don't need to speak perfect English. I can, and will more then likely edited, the final interview to read coherently. As long as I can understand what you are getting at, you're fine.

[...]

Will the interview be made through video or text? Because I can read and write in English enough to understand and to be understood most of the times, but when it comes to speaking and listening, I'm not sure if you'll be able understand me and I'm way less sure if I will understand you :lol:.

Will the interview be made through video or text? Because I can read and write in English enough to understand and to be understood, but when it comes to speaking and listening, I'm not sure if you'll be able understand me and I'm way less sure if I will understand you :lol:.

Interviews are texted based, trying to figure out the logistics of getting a video or audio interviews makes me shutter.

And anyone is eligible to be interviewed and take a lap, just get out and do something noteworthy on the forum. Win a race series, win a photomode comp, opening a successful tuning garage, write a successful series of race reports. It really doesn't matter.

Would bragging about how "CooL" this guy's car is get me an interview and maybe a free test drive in it:idea: I do live in the mountains:sly:

IMG_2195-1.jpg

This brought to you by that "Crazy:crazy:opelgt1969 guy"

Why would you ban people with steering wheels? People using the controller have analog sticks. Also it's pretty hard to use a gamepad when you're used to the wheel. I can't play GT5 for crap without a wheel now.

Why would you ban people with steering wheels? People using the controller have analog sticks. Also it's pretty hard to use a gamepad when you're used to the wheel. I can't play GT5 for crap without a wheel now.

Not everyone has a wheel, however everyone who owns a PS3 owns a gamepad.

Not everyone has a wheel, however everyone who owns a PS3 owns a gamepad.

The only thing my gamepad does used to do was turn the PS3 on/off:dopey: I now have "The Move" that does all that now but GT5 doesn't support it.:guilty:

How would you enforce the "only 5 practice laps and 1 timed lap" malarky?

And where the hell are the top gear cars? No lacetti, no lianna, and no Cee'd

Kaz has failed. May as well not include the stig in the game.

Latest Posts

Back