GTP's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car Segment: Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Joey D
  • 249 comments

Would you be interested in such a segment?

• Total voters
The car I would like to use will be a representation of GTP, I am fairly certain it will be in the game too, in fact I'd be really surprised if it wasn't. Once the car list is revealed I will unveil the car to everyone.

The car I would like to use will be a representation of GTP, I am fairly certain it will be in the game too, in fact I'd be really surprised if it wasn't. Once the car list is revealed I will unveil the car to everyone.

Honda Civic Jordan? ;)

My idea would be to let every GTP member be a 'star' and open up a competition where everybody in the Registry would be allowed to set a time for Dunsfold Park in a car similar to the one they use now in the TG show.
If any work needs to be done to maintain a list I'd be happy to oblige. The GT5 functionality will probably not go so far as to keeping a list of up to, say, 500 or more competitors, and if it follows Prologue it won't make it past any major system update.

Joey, perhaps we can discuss this idea thru PMs, MSN or email?

My idea would be to let every GTP member be a 'star' and open up a competition where everybody in the Registry would be allowed to set a time for Dunsfold Park in a car similar to the one they use now in the TG show.

It then just becomes a hot lap pissing contest. Joey's idea, just as it is on the show, is just as much about the interview as it is the lap times.

Correct. This isn't a hot lap contest, it's a fun way to link the game and the community together.

Feel free to pm me though or even just use this thread for discussion.

Correct. This isn't a hot lap contest, it's a fun way to link the game and the community together. Feel free to pm me though or even just use this thread for discussion.
I respect your choice, but I disagree about it becoming a pissing contest. I might start it myself once the registry and the WRS qualification is done :)

I respect your choice, but I disagree about it becoming a pissing contest. I might start it myself once the registry and the WRS qualification is done :)

Go for it, I encourage you to do so. Having events like that are good for the community. This segment will be more about the interview then the actual lap. The lap will just be something fun and to link everything together. Everyone will have to use the same car with the same settings and hopefully there are so hilarious faults along the way.

Based on my experiences though an open free for all just turns into a pissing contest. I want to focus on the person behind the wheel (err controller) more then a time. I'm sure a lot of Top Gear type things will pop up.

Since this idea is as much (or more) about the interview, make the car choice slightly underpowered so that it doesn't turn into a pissing contest. Just my two cents.

The car will be 4 cylinder, FWD and on cheap tires, probably between 120-150hp. Participants will be required to use a manual transmission and a controller (no wheels).

Just a couple of things that I would like to see if it's possible.

1) The star to be informed a couple of days before the lap is due to take place to give them time to practice.

2) If possible the lap to be performed once with no option for re-runs should someone spin out.

3) A selection of spectators to watch the lap live and if possible for one of them to save and then convert for viewing. This all depends on how the spectator mode works.

The person will have at least a week. I know how time gets so I figure a week is fair with the new "episode" being released some time Sunday night.

Ideally I would like people to follow the rules but since I know people will cheat we will have to come up with something. I do like the idea of a spectator mode. And as far as I can recall replays can be saved to YouTube account or a jump drive, so that's what I would like to use.

That would also allow for Embedding to an official SIARPC Thread, allowing everyone to see/read/comment one episode at a time. And if more than one person uploads/saves to jump drive then there will be proof of the actual lap time. Just my thoughts.

Maybe we should do the interviews in the "Chat" section.

I don't want the lapping or interveiwing to have to be done at a certain time. While it would be nice to do it over an instant communication means, with time zones and schedules it would be a logistics nightmare.

I think this could be a good alternative to the wrs that could run allongside it. Same track everyweek but a different reasonably priced car.

I think this could be a good alternative to the wrs that could run allongside it. Same track everyweek but a different reasonably priced car.

Huh? That's kinda the opposite to what everyone has previously said... and it's not SIARPC.. how can you have leaderboard with a different car running each time? Sorry if I misunderstood, but it just wouldn't work if we are basing this on SIARPC.

Anyone else sad that the Stig that will be in the car now won't be the Stig anymore? Apparently (all hearsay) BBC might bring a pink, female Stig in next. But that's beside the point. I would enjoy something like this for GTP.

On another note, the Chevy Lacetti, Suzuki Liana, and the Hyundai Cee("apostrophe")d are my 3 most wanted cars... I want to not only see how I compare to the Stig's laps, but also to all the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car guests and the F1 drivers laps (I believe they still use the Liana).

Hyundai Cee("apostrophe")d

Kia* Cee'd

How about we just take a Fiat 500 and find the right people to be driving it :)

Chris

Mm, I thought this. Joey already said the car doesn't have to be exact, although it would be a nice touch. I had previously also suggested the Fiat 500, as it isn' t too underpowered, and it is quite well handling, and should be in the game with the new physics.

Yes the Fiat 500 would work, but in my opinon the actual cars from the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segment would work even better.

Plus this is a great idea!

No Fiat 500, it's to chic to be the car we use.

Like I said I am 99% sure of the car we are going to use, I just need to make sure it's in the game. If it's not car number two on the list is almost a for certain.

Like I said I am 99% sure of the car we are going to use, I just need to make sure it's in the game. If it's not car number two on the list is almost a for certain.

great, looking forward 👍

Chris

Awww.... so.. WHAT IZZIT? I'm so nervous..

Lol, look at us planning and we haven't even got the game yet. :lol:

Back