GTR Revival from Ian Bell with the original GTR2/SimBin crew announced

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 704 comments
After 2 games that many consider masterpieces (PC1 and PC2) I am all in on Ian's new game. I will buy it's deluxe edition the moment it goes on pre-sale.

PC3 was a disappointment to me as well as many in the community.

At least he tried something new. It's my belief he was looking for a game that could capture the Gran Turismo and Forza player base. Nothing wrong with trying to make money.

My disappointment wasn't necessarily with the finished product. Although I didn't care for it, I have friends who enjoy it.

My disappointment stems from some of the promises he made that, obviously werent realized.

For a developer who gave me two out of three great racing games, I'll happily support him.

Please, Ian... By all means, hype the daylights out of your next game. Just be straight with us during the process.

Last edited:
is it going to be all the sim you want and for casual people too. Can’t stand this guy after they killed a franchise not interested in anything he works on massive FLOG

Detailed 3D interiors have ceased to impress me once they crossed FH1's threshold of detail back on the XB360. If modern racing games already had everything else covered it would be no skin off my nose, but the way things are -- and especially with this team's track record -- it just screams "misplaced priorities" to me.

It looks nice, but I find the choice to use a street car for the first screenshot of a GTR spiritual successor to be rather odd. I know it's ultimately a minor thing, but it does kind of make me worry that they haven't learned their lesson with PC3 and are once again making a product that differs from what the packaging and marketing make you think it will be.

is it going to be all the sim you want and for casual people too. Can’t stand this guy after they killed a franchise not interested in anything he works on massive FLOG
Let it be a hardcore sim.

Even if this new GTR project put casual things many casual players will never touch it.

I say let it be a hardcore sim even if its hard and I struggle with it thats the novelty of Project Cars and AC it gave them an identity.

Last edited:
Detailed 3D interiors have ceased to impress me once they crossed FH1's threshold of detail back on the XB360. If modern racing games already had everything else covered it would be no skin off my nose, but the way things are -- and especially with this team's track record -- it just screams "misplaced priorities" to me.
Yeah exactly. Forza vista blew me away...10 years ago.

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

GTR Revival Latest: In-Engine Screenshots and Video, Studio Name Change

After revealing the GTR Revival project only in September, with a new studio and placeholder logo, project lead Ian Bell has shown off more details and information about the title...
Just finished reading this, great work. I'm not inclined to believe anything that man says, but the thing that stuck out was him saying that Ben Collins was the 'Black Stig' on Top Gear.

As I understand it, Perry McCarthy was the Stig who wore black, Collins traditionally wore white...if he can't even get a detail like that correct, I'm still of the inclination not to believe a word that man says...

This is a unpopular opinion but that was my favourite of the 3, I liked the pitstops, etc in the first 2 but the last one played so much better on a pad it's the one I enjoyed the most.
Completely understand that. I have a friend in my racing group who also very much enjoyed PC3. For a quick race without much strategy in terms of fuel saving and tire wear (because of no pit stops)
it was enjoyable.

Last edited:
In-Engine screenshots doesn't mean much. Anyone else remember those gorgeous in-engine screenshots of Project CARS 1 back in 2011?

I75cw4uG8CVt_PX8pM5_TK.jpg
012.jpg
csQiMTXQpHPMqz9ACre6tW.jpg

That said, UE5 is a beast, so I wouldn't be surprised if the final game get close to that look, especially if there is a showroom mode. I don't expect to see as much details during gameplay.

Last edited:
Still being sceptic. GTR3 also got some screenshots and see what happens. Until Q4 2024 (possible launch day) I won't be getting hyped. Still feeling burn after PCARS 3

Despite all its bugs, PC 1 was the game that really maked me feeling like a racing pilot. I love the calendar, the tracks, the car selection... However in ps4 was a totally mess. Bugs, glitches everywere. Pc2 was more of the same, both good and bad. So its difficult to trust this new game, despite i wish they succeed

Those 2 things don’t necessarily go hand-in-hand.
Indeed, which is why I implore him to change the way he communicates with us.

It's my nature to believe a person can learn from their mistakes. He lost credibility with the bold claims he made about PC3.

Surely, he recognizes that. At least, I hope so.

Given that he's gathered a sizable team who have worked with him before, this project looks like a GO.

He's excited about it, and well he should be. He's definitely going to hype it up, as any developer would.

This time, though, he has an opportunity to be more forthcoming (accurate with claims) while he does that.

Although I may be setting myself up for disappointment, I'm going to be positive that this game will be the racer that most of us hope for.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back