GTR Revival from Ian Bell with the original GTR2/SimBin crew announced

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 704 comments
Canada
Mtl
Seems cool ,but we already have a top sim for gt cars in acc so, i wish they did something else,unless it be historic cars, tracks.

I loved simbin gtr1 with the vipers and Porsches, and gt legends with the mix of old cars like corvettes, camaro, de tomaso..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220921-133353_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20220921-133353_Free Adblocker Browser.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Focusing this on a historic period would be a great idea, set it apart from the crowd, and just frankly be a really unique experience that's often been teased but never fully realised.

I just don't think Ian's listening to us :lol:

Focusing this on a historic period would be a great idea, set it apart from the crowd, and just frankly be a really unique experience that's often been teased but never fully realised.

I just don't think Ian's listening to us :lol:
So what I'm hearing is modern GT3 and GT4? :sly:

star wars ok GIF

Same thing they all said about Project CARS on WMD. Nope. Not buying it. Literally.

Also, what the hell happened to GTR 3? Is it just...vapourware?

Been waiting on a new GTR for probably a decade+ now....
Same thing they all said about Project CARS on WMD. Nope. Not buying it. Literally.

Also, what the hell happened to GTR 3? Is it just...vapourware?
According to Wiki for Sector3 Studios/SimBin, it's cancelled. A thread here on it said it was supposed to release back in 2018.

it's cancelled...
star wars no GIF

This was the last time we reported on it...

star wars no GIF

This was the last time we reported on it...

I have about as much faith in it coming back these days as a certain other racing franchise.
Sad Robot GIF

Let’s hope Ian does get on with this & comes up with what he promised for PC4, & ensures it comes to console at release. After all, GT7 is ripe for attack with it’s many problems. I am sure there wi be many doubters, Ian it’s over to you to regain your standing in the sim racing marketplace. GOOD LUCK

I'm living under the dark, who the heck is Bell and why is he utterly despised? It can't be just because of PC3 although that's a pretty valid reason.

I enjoyed my short (so far) experience with Project Cars 2. It's basically a better Pcars 1.

Last edited:
I'm living under the dark, who the heck is Bell and why is he utterly despised? It can't be just because of PC3 although that's a pretty valid reason.

I enjoyed my short (so far) experience with Project Cars 2. It's basically a better Pcars 1.
Ian Bell was the head of SMS, and he isn't the most popular (I wouldn't say he's despised) because he has made a lot of claims that never amount to anything and has a reputation for not being the nicest person to deal with (at least online).

Other people can shed light on his history. For my part, I lost faith when he made claims that PC3 would be the ultimate sim racing game. I won't bore you with the details of why it is not. You can find those threads.

I only learned of him when I first bought PC2. I still play that game and love it dearly!

That game made me buy PC1 and I thoroughly enjoyed that as well. Actually, the sounds were even better but I was too used to the extra features and the interface of PC2 to really give PC1 a long run.

Given the fact that he created PC2, I am quite excited about his new project. On the other hand, we were all quite excited about PC4 until we learned that there was no tire wear and no pit stops, among other things that rendered it a disappointment.

Still, at the end of the day, for me, PC2 was a great racing sim and I'm hopeful his next game will be even better.

Last edited:

He was the head of Slightly Mad Studios and he often has a habit of overstating extremely bold promises for his games that tend to not live up to them. In the case of pCARS 3, it was just downright lies.

Last edited:
If all the cars and tracks from PC2 could be merged with AMS2 that would be pretty epic to me. With the understanding the same level of phyics is used and continuely improved upon.
I would drop $100 easilly if that was to happen. Maybe even $200 over 18 months.

Personally, I do not have the time to spend on multiple sim games.

Back