GTR2 Official!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 923 comments
How do I activate a steam copy for online play? I've already entered my CD key but multiplayer refuses to work and I always get a message saying "Registration failed invalid serial number". Steam accepted the CD key it gave me and I've already registered and activated GTR2 to my Steam account..
Steam is a pain with GTR2. It's more difficoult to install mods and use all the functions. I don't have the Steam version, try to ask at nogrip, f1classic, and simbin site if it's still up, with the Raceroom thing maybe they changed the forum.

Shoot.. oh well thanks anyways. I got the wheel setup to my liking, I can post my settings if anyone is interested..

I installed an ALMS and VLN mod, both are a lot of fun, I only have one problem, when I installed them I now no longer the original GTR2 menu music and background, is there a way to get them back? Anyone else using either of the two mods?

I installed an ALMS and VLN mod, both are a lot of fun, I only have one problem, when I installed them I now no longer the original GTR2 menu music and background, is there a way to get them back? Anyone else using either of the two mods?

I installed the 24hdk mod pack and i have the same problem.
Also i can`t run the mods because i always get a runtime error while loading :/

Steam is a pain with GTR2. It's more difficoult to install mods and use all the functions. I don't have the Steam version, try to ask at nogrip, f1classic, and simbin site if it's still up, with the Raceroom thing maybe they changed the forum.

Tell me about it. :grumpy: The only mod that I can get to work is the '85 F1 mod, and even then a few cars fail to show up.

Anyone know of a Blancpain Endurance mod? Also, has anyone ever encountered an error on start up saying "error loading top_Cam1.tga"?

Mac, did you buy GTR2 on Steam? I found out a lot of mods don't work for GTR2's Steam version, unless you download some patches. Don't worry, they're on NoGripRacing, so I doubt they would host DRM-circumventing software.

Yes I did, I've had no problems with it so far, just that error like I mentioned. It doesn't effect game play, but it's annoying having it pop up every time I start up GTR2.. Whats the name of the file for the main menu background? The one that looks like this..

243533-gtr-2-fia-gt-racing-game-windows-screenshot-main-menus.jpg

Last edited:
Mac K
Anyone know of a Blancpain Endurance mod? Also, has anyone ever encountered an error on start up saying "error loading top_Cam1.tga"?

Hey i have a 2012 blancpain mod for gtr2. I switched over from rfactor over to gtr2 about a month ago or so after my whole rf crashed.

DoubleEdit** I just got the Power & Gloryv3 mod for GTR2. You don't need GTLegends to play anymore. Just GTR2. I've added a few cars from GTL to the PnG mod. The 240z, carrera rsr turbo and I'm almost done with the chevy monza. Or if you have the GTL-GTR2 mod you can use them through that. If you want to know how just pm me.

Last edited:
So I bought an Advent laptop for £300 in January. I know none of the technical stuff, but would this game work for me?

So I bought an Advent laptop for £300 in January. I know none of the technical stuff, but would this game work for me?

Without knowing any of the technical specifications of your laptop we can't really give an informed answer, but considering this game is fairly old I'd say you shouldn't have a problem running it.

Without knowing any of the technical specifications of your laptop we can't really give an informed answer, but considering this game is fairly old I'd say you shouldn't have a problem running it.

Sorry for no info in terms of specification, I'd give them if I knew them!

Sorry for the double post...

I'm going to get this game in a few days and I was wondering... When it comes to mods... If I get a single car, for example the Marcos LM600, can I add it to the other cars already on the game so it can race along with them? How hard is it to do that?

adam46
Sorry for the double post...

I'm going to get this game in a few days and I was wondering... When it comes to mods... If I get a single car, for example the Marcos LM600, can I add it to the other cars already on the game so it can race along with them? How hard is it to do that?

You can do that. You just have to copy and paste some class names to get it to work. That's the quick solution. I forget exactly as I haven't played GTR2 in forever.

I have had this game sitting on my desk for probably around 6 years...

I guess it's time to install it now that I have a wheel.

A bit too close at times, I have had that random moment where the AI flips your car and you sit there thinking "whoa, what was that!?" :lol:

Quite fun to do races with your own classes as well. I can only recommend mixing G2 (except the overpowered Corvettes) and NGT classes as they're somewhat similar in performance 👍

I'm actually not sure, is online still working? Could be fun to organize a championship :)

Single race menu.png

There you go, look just to the right of "AGGRESSION" and you'll actually see "Psychotic" :)

Had a short detour to the online section as well, and even though I didn't actually get online (it requires a serial key, and I left the box at my dad's place :ouch: ), it seems to be up and running.. Caught the drift yet? ;)

View attachment 139087

There you go, look just to the right of "AGGRESSION" and you'll actually see "Psychotic" :)

Had a short detour to the online section as well, and even though I didn't actually get online (it requires a serial key, and I left the box at my dad's place :ouch: ), it seems to be up and running.. Caught the drift yet? ;)

Wow, that's phenomenal! :D

I NEED to stop delaying myself, and actually get the game!

View attachment 139087

Wow, that's phenomenal! :D

I NEED to stop delaying myself, and actually get the game!
If this game came out few years later, you could have had as one of the Strength options "Sebastian Vettel Wannabe".:dopey:

I'd get GTR2 too, but I'm worried the cd-rom version might not be able to run on Windows 7. I ran into this difficulty when I got GT Legends. :(

EDIT: Are any Win7 users able to play this off of Steam?

My age old CD version works just fine on Win 8 running compatibility mode for XP if that means anything

The only problem I have is that I keep getting placed into the NGT class regardless of what car I pick in championship mode. Anyone know how to fix this?

No problems whatsoever with my disc and Windows 7, it even runs relatively smooth on the infamous lagtop 👍

Will try to go deeper into online mode in the weekend, who knows what will be found?

Back