GTR2 Official!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 923 comments
Given this thread I just started, I'm going to be following this thread a lot more often.

The thread (I'm hoping) will serve as a general SimBin Studios discussion, for everyone and everything involved with SimBin. :)

As you can tell, Jav, I've been playing SimBin games for a few years now, and still love them. :)

But, yeah, WTCC/BTCC/STCC are the heart and soul of SimBin, Jav. You're best to go with STCC 2, like someone else said, and also try to grab those 2 BTCC cars if possible. (They're on Steam, so it should work.)

I also got the 2010 WTCC, and that was good fun. All in all, it's less than $20 from Steam, so you don't have much to lose. :)
Thank you sir!! Will definitely look into those!!

Finding the mods for Simbin stuff not as prevalent as those for rFactor, but if anything that means people only bother to convert the higher quality/more popular mods. And hey it saves some on the HD space :D

:guilty: Unfortunately, the AI can't stay on the track at the Mosport mod I downloaded. So, if you want to race against me online, download Mosport, it's my favourite mod track so far.

If you want to race A.I., stay away from Mosport. :(

Is there anyway to operate the menu's in the game with a G25 wheel ?

Its anoying that I have to leave my wheeel setup and go back to the mouse/keyboard everytime i need to navigate the menu's

Unfortunately you can't, the menus were designed for keyboard + mouse only. You can map the direction buttons though, but it'll only work when pausing ingame.

Is there anyway to operate the menu's in the game with a G25 wheel ?

Its anoying that I have to leave my wheeel setup and go back to the mouse/keyboard everytime i need to navigate the menu's

I think you could use Xpadder or maybe even Logitech Profiler to map the cursor keys to the D-pad, enter and esc to some other buttons too, but I haven't tried it myself.

(Bit of a bump, so apologies are in order)

I am working on making an offline championship (where forum users manage team and drivers, and I host Ai races) and I am currently in the process of skinning one of the cars at the request of a user. But I am having issues in making he skin (a Saleen S7-R skin, the RML and Graham Nash style) work after I convert it into a .dds format. Now I've copy-pastad the 04 Graham Nash skin using the year and number of the new car and it works just fine, so what issues could I be having when I convert it to a .dds? If you want to skin to experiment with yourself, I can PM you a link to download the file.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance guys.

Really considering picking this up, is it still worth it? Like is there still a fairly active online community etc? The mod's don't look half bad either and I'm always looking to expand my sim racing library :)

I would say yes, absolutely. I have no idea what the community is like but the forum at nogripracing.com seems active still, if that's any indication? For the price, though, it's pretty great but if you can wait I can almost guarantee that it'll be £2.25 again (it's £7.49 normally, too tired to work out what sort of discount that is) in the Spring/Easter sale which I'm guessing will be next month or May, maybe.

Thanks! I might just wait, it's $12 on Steam but if I can get it on sale that'll be even better. There also seems to be a pretty good collection of car and track mods as well..

Recently rediscovered this on my hard drive. Decided to run it and because I'm still riding high off the increased memory on my laptop, the first thing I did was go turn everything up on the graphics side. For the longest time, I just sat there going through the various mods I had and staring in amazement at the detail I never was able to see with my previous laptop. And then my happiness went away in a instant when just as I attempted to try and start and time Trial, the game just crashed. For whatever reason, it won't let me drive.

Recently rediscovered this on my hard drive. Decided to run it and because I'm still riding high off the increased memory on my laptop, the first thing I did was go turn everything up on the graphics side. For the longest time, I just sat there going through the various mods I had and staring in amazement at the detail I never was able to see with my previous laptop. And then my happiness went away in a instant when just as I attempted to try and start and time Trial, the game just crashed. For whatever reason, it won't let me drive.

Did you try to run it as administrator.

I've had this problem many times when trying to run on tracks that I've downloaded as mods. :( I'm not sure running it as an admin will help, because I bought it from Steam.

DK
I've had this problem many times when trying to run on tracks that I've downloaded as mods. :( I'm not sure running it as an admin will help, because I bought it from Steam.

The fact it's from Steam doesn't guarantee that it'll work, I've had to do all sorts of things to get Steam games running properly from forcing 640x480 to disabling DEP for certain .exes. Plenty of games only run for me when I give them admin privileges, so give it a go anyway... Then again, if it's only mods that don't run it could be due to corrupt files. But if they unRAR'd properly, maybe not.

In summary: Picture a guy looking nonplussed and shrugging his shoulders, that's me right now.

Holy crap, that was amazing. I already had fun before with the controller but wow, the game reconizes the wheel and even enables rumble (something rFactor didn't do for some reason) and before I know it, its actually abit more challenging with the wheel but absolutely fun.

Is anybody still playing this game? I have bought it recently and I have some questions. My car got critical damage in a race. Has I was trying to drive it after the crash i realized my engine was not responding. My pit-crew contacted me saying i should wait for the marshals to get to me. I waited... But no one came :/ Should I have pressed some button?

I found out that a lot of mods don't work for this game. :grumpy: Maybe it's because I bought it on Steam. :indiff:

Is anybody still playing this game? I have bought it recently and I have some questions. My car got critical damage in a race. Has I was trying to drive it after the crash i realized my engine was not responding. My pit-crew contacted me saying i should wait for the marshals to get to me. I waited... But no one came :/ Should I have pressed some button?

You have to just retire right there, nobody comes to get you sadly.

I'm still playing, GTR2 is my GT on PC :sly: don't have any car mods (they're coming, and if anyone has some I wouldn't mind :) ) buut I did download some tracks, primarily Bathurst, Nürburgring and Laguna Seca. Jarama also found it's way.

I think this is one of the best sims I've played at least. It just feels great to drive, it's one of the games you have to try to understand it.. Plus I really like the sound of the BMW M3 GTR :drool:

You have to just retire right there, nobody comes to get you sadly.

That`s very bad :/
Isn`t there an option to allow crash recover? Or does it have a different affect?

I'm still playing, GTR2 is my GT on PC don't have any car mods (they're coming, and if anyone has some I wouldn't mind ) buut I did download some tracks, primarily Bathurst, Nürburgring and Laguna Seca. Jarama also found it's way.

I think this is one of the best sims I've played at least. It just feels great to drive, it's one of the games you have to try to understand it.. Plus I really like the sound of the BMW M3 GTR

Just the feeling that you actually driving a true car with all the engine temperatures and damage over time rate, gets me more pupped up then GT5 :D

Tarkata
That`s very bad :/
Isn`t there an option to allow crash recover? Or does it have a different affect?

Just the feeling that you actually driving a true car with all the engine temperatures and damage over time rate, gets me more pupped up then GT5 :D

I think the crash recovery you're talking about is the spin recovery, which doesn't really help when you've totaled the car :lol:

That point is really all bad I have to say about GTR2. Everything else in the game makes up for it imo. To he-double-l with no windscreen wipers, the slightly off visual damage system, the overall feeling is just sup-zero. Heck, all this talk about it makes me glad I can play it again in the weekend :)👍

I think theres a button combo like shift-Q or something that puts you in the pit lane if you crash.

Anyone care to share their wheel settings both in game and in the profiler? I'm experiencing a lot of dead zone, etc.

How do I activate a steam copy for online play? I've already entered my CD key but multiplayer refuses to work and I always get a message saying "Registration failed invalid serial number". Steam accepted the CD key it gave me and I've already registered and activated GTR2 to my Steam account..

Latest Posts

Back