GTR2 Official!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 923 comments
Part of me has always wanted to see just what the Custom Championships would be like on the Steam version.

"..and the.. uh, whose car is that? It's a blank Porsche making a move on the number.. eeeh, blank #2 Porsche, but they've got to be careful, the.. uh, the blank Ferrari is just behind them.."

Part of me has always wanted to see just what the Custom Championships would be like on the Steam version.

"..and the.. uh, whose car is that? It's a blank Porsche making a move on the number.. eeeh, blank #2 Porsche, but they've got to be careful, the.. uh, the blank Ferrari is just behind them.."
They don't work. :P

Still, could be.. actually, no, it couldn't be anything.

also I have got the game working on "the infamous lagtop", and boy, is it living up to its name.

I can't run one friggin car on Anderstorp South (!!) on the lowest graphics setting and get more than 10 FPS. Everybody complaining about their game running badly, your argument has just shattered.

Still, could be.. actually, no, it couldn't be anything.

also I have got the game working on "the infamous lagtop", and boy, is it living up to its name.

I can't run one friggin car on Anderstorp South (!!) on the lowest graphics setting and get more than 10 FPS. Everybody complaining about their game running badly, your argument has just shattered.
Steam versions sucks when you try to use mods. They create different folders for User settings that conflict with default folders of the game. With your lagtop you could try a DX7 attempt with +fullproc +highprio on the link after the .exe. For instance: "C:\Steam\Blablabla\Gtr2.exe" +fullproc +highprio

It doesn't even want to start up if I do that :lol:

Eh, I'll survive. It can run the showroom and it runs at a decent resolution (somewhere around 1024x768.. yay lagtop!) so I can at least work on that GT1 thing, even though I have found most of the Grid cars elsewhere on the internet. They don't seem to be as easy to use with other classes as I'd like, though.

It doesn't even want to start up if I do that :lol:

Eh, I'll survive. It can run the showroom and it runs at a decent resolution (somewhere around 1024x768.. yay lagtop!) so I can at least work on that GT1 thing, even though I have found most of the Grid cars elsewhere on the internet. They don't seem to be as easy to use with other classes as I'd like, though.
When I need to edit classes in rFactor this little app comes handy. Works in GTR2 mode as well.
http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=39144

So I got the PC back this afternoon, and, well..

GTR2_2016_04_15_23_00_51_513.jpg

IT LIVES!!

Thank you based game for not hiding game and save files in the darkest corners of Windows and thus not requiring any installs other than a DirectX Runtime Pack!

Trying to run custom championships on GTR2 with VLM Sebring as the first round but I keep getting a CTD. I know it's a MAS error but don't know how to fix it, anyone able to help?

setup.cpp 1194: Could not find .HDC
vidman.cpp 1011: Entered VidMan::Enter()
specialfx.cp 3577: Entered SpecialFX::Enter()
dynman.cpp 597: Entered DynMan::Enter()
plrfile.cpp 3783: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()
sound.cpp 700: Entered Sound::Enter()
hwinput.cpp 6527: Entered HWInput::Enter()
onscreen.cpp 3155: Entered OnScreen::Enter()
game.cpp 726: Entered Game::Setup()
hwinput.cpp 6541: Entered HWInput::Setup()
options.cpp 1657: Entered Options::Setup()
tire_manager 1171: Non-existent tire brand ""
specialfx.cp 3583: Entered SpecialFX::Setup()
steward.cpp 4718: Entered Steward::Setup()
dynman.cpp 609: Entered DynMan::Setup()
sound.cpp 723: Entered Sound::Setup()
onscreen.cpp 3161: Entered OnScreen::Setup()
vidman.cpp 1152: Entered VidMan::Setup()
plrfile.cpp 3793: Entered PlayerFile::Setup()
plrfile.cpp 2936: Attempting to save to USERDATA\Jason Glennie\Jason Glennie.TMP
plrfile.cpp 2959: Retcode: 0 for renaming to USERDATA\Jason Glennie\Jason Glennie.PLR
game.cpp 770: Entered Game::Init()
vidman.cpp 1205: Entered VidMan::Init()
vidman.cpp 1354: CUBE error loading TRK file C:\USERS\RACINGJASON\DOCUMENTS\GTR2\USERDATA\LOG\t mp.TRK: Error opening MAS file VIRTUA_LM_SEBRING.GTR
game.cpp 1181: Entered Game::Exit()
sound.cpp 831: Entered Sound::Exit()
specialfx.cp 4367: Entered SpecialFX::Exit()
hwinput.cpp 6649: Entered HWInput::Exit()
dynman.cpp 1509: Entered DynMan::Exit()

Trying to run custom championships on GTR2 with VLM Sebring as the first round but I keep getting a CTD. I know it's a MAS error but don't know how to fix it, anyone able to help?

plrfile.cpp 2936: Attempting to save to USERDATA\Jason Glennie\Jason Glennie.TMP
plrfile.cpp 2959: Retcode: 0 for renaming to USERDATA\Jason Glennie\Jason Glennie.PLR
vidman.cpp 1354: CUBE error loading TRK file C:\USERS\RACINGJASON\DOCUMENTS\GTR2\USERDATA\LOG\t mp.TRK: Error opening MAS file VIRTUA_LM_SEBRING.GTR
I would ask over at nogrip. They have been helpful in the past.

It is possible to overload the game and not the computer. Too many classes, too many cars, and very high detail and overload the game's abilities. Maybe make some compromises in the car count, or make sure you have the 4GB patch installed.

It is possible to overload the game and not the computer. Too many classes, too many cars, and very high detail and overload the game's abilities. Maybe make some compromises in the car count, or make sure you have the 4GB patch installed.
Except normally I can run up to 50 cars without getting a CTD but now even running 36 cars (or less). I'm pretty sure it's an issue with the track so I'll probably just reinstall it.

Normally, I try not to overload with classes or such with any mod. I just trust that the people who develop mods properly have modded and categorized everything so that I don't try to mix-and-match things. If I wanted to use a different mod or use a car from a different mod, I simply go to that one and not try to screw up or modify one certain mod with contents from another. That's just me, though.

Normally, I try not to overload with classes or such with any mod. I just trust that the people who develop mods properly have modded and categorized everything so that I don't try to mix-and-match things. If I wanted to use a different mod or use a car from a different mod, I simply go to that one and not try to screw up or modify one certain mod with contents from another. That's just me, though.
Well there is a program that allows you to easily combine cars from different classes. It's the beauty of GTR2. Instead of seeing mods as a series, I look at the cars it has and how I can combine it into my dream race car series. Right now I have the 2015 LMP1 cars mixed with 2013 LMP2 & various GT1 cars. Classes stay with each other and don't bunch up. It's always interesting to see who wins in their class.

And if I were to recommend another class combination, use the DTM 2013 cars and 2013 SGT cars. It's pretty cool how some tracks favor the DTM cars, and others favor the SGT cars.

From the trace file it could be a non existent tire brand somwwhere in hdc references. If that's not the case and your CTD happens a few seconds after the race start it means it's a backfire animation conflict. In Gtr2 and rFactor .gmt files must be named the way the game accept them. If 2 cars use different animations frames for the same .gmt it will cause a CTD as soon as backfire get triggered, for instance 1st turn while down gearing. Standard values are 16 frames usually. In order to fix it you need 3dsimed and manually edit backfire anymations.

From the trace file it could be a non existent tire brand somwwhere in hdc references. If that's not the case and your CTD happens a few seconds after the race start it means it's a backfire animation conflict. In Gtr2 and rFactor .gmt files must be named the way the game accept them. If 2 cars use different animations frames for the same .gmt it will cause a CTD as soon as backfire get triggered, for instance 1st turn while down gearing. Standard values are 16 frames usually. In order to fix it you need 3dsimed and manually edit backfire anymations.
I would get a CTD as soon as the loading screen showed up and I'm pretty sure it was a problem with the .MAS file, maybe it was corrupted or something, but I reinstalled the track and it's working fine now.

Question: Is it possible, when creating a championship, to set specific classes to only run specific races?
I'm trying to run the 2008 season of the Rolex Sports Car Series and there's a GT only race and 2 DP only races, and am wondering if I can recreate that in my championship.

I would get a CTD as soon as the loading screen showed up and I'm pretty sure it was a problem with the .MAS file, maybe it was corrupted or something, but I reinstalled the track and it's working fine now.
Question: Is it possible, when creating a championship, to set specific classes to only run specific races?
I'm trying to run the 2008 season of the Rolex Sports Car Series and there's a GT only race and 2 DP only races, and am wondering if I can recreate that in my championship.
I've never seen that as an option, so I doubt it. Just compromise on what you want to run throughout the championship.

Have a look at the default FIA GT 2003/2004 cars, you can use track-specific filters to have only cars that raced at that particular track, well, race there. There is one problem though, even if there is supposed to be a GT or DP only race, GTR2 will not skip those rounds regardless of your selected car's class.

Have a look at the default FIA GT 2003/2004 cars, you can use track-specific filters to have only cars that raced at that particular track, well, race there. There is one problem though, even if there is supposed to be a GT or DP only race, GTR2 will not skip those rounds regardless of your selected car's class.
Well it should still be possible to apply that filter to those track and, since I'm running in the GT class, just quit the race as soon as the DP rounds start so I earn 0 points for them.

After a lot of trouble and disappointment, I finally got to download a pack containing templates to the default cars. This will finally let me try to create some cars with my own paintschemes. I was sort of torn between trying to make something for GTR2 or pick a good rFactor mod to try to design cars with. Because of the different videos I've seen of GTR2 AI racing (or "B-Spec"), I still envision ultimately making my own kind of fictional series much like the Super GT or the GT3 World Series mods by you fine GTPlaneteers. One problem I've had was trying to come up with playing GTR2 in a window rather than full-screen, even though I've specified the game be played in a window.

I haven't played GTR2 in a while as of the time of this post. I am somewhat wanting to get back into GTR2.

After a lot of trouble and disappointment, I finally got to download a pack containing templates to the default cars.

You should've just asked. The only thing I don't have for GTR2 cars is a carviewer for the Z3 (and the Porsches seem to be using half a billion different versions, but for making your own cars, you can just be logical and stick to the one "layout" that has carviewer files)

I still envision ultimately making my own kind of fictional series

I salute you. Especially if technology decides to go haywire or you want decent on screen information in videos.

GT3 World Series

I have no idea what you're talking about.

One problem I've had was trying to come up with playing GTR2 in a window rather than full-screen, even though I've specified the game be played in a window.

That is a bit iffy sometimes. Mine will only do it if the stars align and form the outline of Nürburgring. In other words, it worked once and then decided to never do so again.

I haven't played GTR2 in a while as of the time of this post. I am somewhat wanting to get back into GTR2.

This is probably mostly because nostalgia, but, even though I know rFactor should be the better game (even though the Steam version is too new for stuff like the TV overlay. Story of my life), I find myself being drawn back to GTR2. Maybe it's because I have a very basic understanding of how the intestines of it works, maybe it's because I have 40 gb worth of mods for it (whereas I've only cared to get about five mods for rFactor), maybe it's just how familiar everything feels.

Or maybe I'm just getting old. That's also a possibility.

For me, it's probably just for the atmosphere effects of the sun and of rain that has me somewhat more attracted to GTR2 than rFactor. Just that little extra that makes GTR2 a bit more appealing than rFactor though both are quality games. Then too, probably just the feeling of not having to purchase anything and having everything ready-made also adds to GTR2's appeal opposed to rFactor (though I'm not knocking rFactor for this). I was mostly intrigued by GTR2 for the AI/B-Spec races I've seen in videos. The reasons are there for GTR2.

My main problem with this game is that the AI is much faster in qualifying than in the race, even when I select the same tires as them. Anyone know how to fix this? I tend to run with around 108% difficulty if that makes a difference. Even at that difficulty, the AI is much slower than I am in the race session, though I'm about midfield in Q.

So this has been an issue bothering me the past couple tries at making a series.

Say I make three classes, GT1-3.
It comes out smoothly, I can select to race with whatever class I want.
It looks like this on the menu:

[] - GT1
[] - GT2
[] - GT3

So I go "Alright, they're separated."

I select GT2, has all the GT2 cars. Pick GT3, has all the GT3 cars. I select the top one, GT1, and it has all the cars GT1-3 combined. I check my race file, there are no typos.

How do I fix this?!

Back