GTR2 Official!

• Thread starter McLaren
  • 923 comments
live4speed
Radidshare doesn't work for me, can anyone upload it to another site, or does anyone know of any alternative downloads for it?
I've been looking for ways to send it to you but it is more than 17 mb --> too big to send it over email. It wasn't working for me either but following VIPFREAK's advice I was able to download it.

Thanks a lot Encyclopedia 👍.

And thanks for trying kikie 👍.

New photos

What I've noticed with GTR, GTL and looking at these new screenshots, it's still the same. The lack of shadows. Only the cars have shadows. No tree shadows, no building shadows etc. Simbin has to do something about that. It looks unrealistic, surroundings without shadows. GT4 has shadows.

I don't care, but yeah, it should be added.

Also I hope the gear-lever will move this time around.

And please, working windshield wipers.

But look at the last pic the Porsche and where the shadow is on it and then look at the tree in front of it. There should be at least a little shadow on the track.

MAybe they just haven't implemented them yet, or they have an option to turn on/off object shadows, and they for some reason had it off at the time the pic's were done.

- Working windshield wipers
- shadows in abundance
- When driving through rain, storms you must be able to "feel" (FFB) the gusts (blast form the wind). Not only feel but actual see your car wandering due to these gusts.
- Pedal and shifter FFB, for the BRD material.
- correct data for futur moving platforms.

VIPFREAK
:odd: Are these specs you're telling us GTR2 has or are these wants?
Oops, sorry, no specs!!!

I heard and read a lot about graphics cards but I'm still wondering which is the best card to get for GTR, GTL and probably GTR2. ATI or nVidia????
Does ATI still has issues with certain motherboards??? I used to have an ATI hercules 9800pro and this card was a disaster with a certain driver and (can't remember which one) motherboard. I'm still not really convinced, ATI is good enough. ATI is cheaper though.

kikie
- Working windshield wipers
- shadows in abundance
- When driving through rain, storms you must be able to "feel" (FFB) the gusts (blast form the wind). Not only feel but actual see your car wandering due to these gusts.
- Pedal and shifter FFB, for the BRD material.
- correct data for futur moving platforms.

Sorry to highjack the thread, but I'd love to know which "BRD" material have FFb in the pedals and....... shifter :sly: :sly: :sly:

Gil Abobeleira
Sorry to highjack the thread, but I'd love to know which "BRD" material have FFb in the pedals and....... shifter :sly: :sly: :sly:
Speed7 pedals are pre fit with FFB.
image2_thumb.jpg

It's not implemented as yet but the pedals are manufactured in such way that they cabn generate FFB (if the software of a sim allows it).
from BRD site
The pedals operate using the quicker USB 1.1 protocol that gives us a solid platform upon which to add the range of Speed7™ products we are developing. For example a new force feedback steering control with its massive feature range, including steering mounted LCD screens etc and data loggers, just as in the real racecar. They also allow for sequential and full ‘H’ pattern gearboxes, motion systems and anything else you can think of. Not to mention force feedback in the pedal unit itself!
All of these have been catered for in the design of the Speed7 hardware and software architecture.

kikie
Oops, sorry, no specs!!!

I heard and read a lot about graphics cards but I'm still wondering which is the best card to get for GTR, GTL and probably GTR2. ATI or nVidia????
Does ATI still has issues with certain motherboards??? I used to have an ATI hercules 9800pro and this card was a disaster with a certain driver and (can't remember which one) motherboard. I'm still not really convinced, ATI is good enough. ATI is cheaper though.

I don't know if it's cheaper since if I paid the same price for an ATi card my Nvidia would literally blow it out of the water. I am however still wondering how the quality of ATi cards is vs. Nvidia. I have no idea if there are conflicts about certain GPU with certain Mobos but if it helps I have Intel and Nvidia working fine for me. I usually associate Intel with ATi. You might want to check out these for the gpu part. Good luck

kikie
Speed7 pedals are pre fit with FFB.
image2_thumb.jpg

It's not implemented as yet but the pedals are manufactured in such way that they cabn generate FFB (if the software of a sim allows it).

Thanks for the info, thought, in my opinion, that's just mumbo jumbo from BRD (have lost all my faith in them since their FFb wheel mess)... And by now we're into USB 2.0

As for the shifter, I tell only one thing, I have one "shifter" which is activated by FFb :sly: :sly: :sly:

Gil Abobeleira
Thanks for the info, thought, in my opinion, that's just mumbo jumbo from BRD (have lost all my faith in them since their FFb wheel mess)... And by now we're into USB 2.0
I lost a little faith myself in BRD. I'm also wandering about the FFB in the speed7!!! I thought the same thing about USB 2.0!!! I am also wandering where are the updates for the speed7 pedals they promised.....
What mess do you mean about the wheel??
And to stay on topic. I think and I hope it is possible to get all the LCD information in GTR2 on the LCD screen of the new FFB S7 wheel.
Simbin (GTR2) should work more closely with BRD instead of Logitech. They can achieve beautiful things for futur GTR developments.

I know it's a little bit (ok, a big bit) offtopic, but I call it a mess because of they way they "released" their wheel (well, a countdown to a promise date to pre-shop the wheel is rather stupid, imho......)

This could be very interesting picture
picture if GTR2 and the G15 keyboard is compatible. Getting motec info from your car on the G15 keyboard LCD screen makes the game even more realistic.
It's even better than getting a very expensive wheel with LCD sreen (;) )

VIPFREAK
:odd: Why did you post that here?
Why do you ask that question :odd: **Because Simbin (GTR2) and logitech are partners, that's why!!!!!!!!!!!** There's a link with Simbin (GTR2) and logitech, simple!!!:) Read my post, I talked about the motec being visible on this LCD screen. MoteC = GTR2 = LCD screen, get it????
VIPFREAK
Anyway, go to the Optimus thread and you'll see how pointless that keyboard is.
I did!!!!!! I'm not interested in the G15 keyboard, only in that little LCD screen that could be compatible with GTR2!!!!!!!!!!!

Back