[GTR2][RACE] GTR2Series Season 2 - Good Ending vs. Sad Air Horn

• Thread starter rallymorten
  • 1,347 comments
That wasn't meant to be negative, jut another ribbing to nas who has admitted he *may* have jumped the gun before. I get what you're saying, and apologize. Sorry.

It's okay, you are entitled to your opinion, and you have the right to rib other people and/or their habits. It's just that nowadays in GTP, most people seem to be busy mud-slinging and insulting others, and the general mood in most threads just goes to s:censored: before you can say "Burger on a treetop". It's tiring for me to witness that over and over again, to be honest.

1: If you know me, you'd be amazed at how long it took me to get to this :D

2: I'm only at the stage where I've started wondering what I could do to make things even better. Yes, there are a few specific ideas, but I'd rather not hype up anyone (including myself) prematurely.

1: I bet it was a rapid-fire process, no? :sly:

2: Well, take your time. There is no need to fast pace everything and get a bad blend of multiple things that can get sour really quickly.

That Silverstone race was quite weird. There were a number of head-scratching, dumbfounded moments when I saw that video from the previous page. I enjoyed it nonetheless.

1: If you know me, you'd be amazed at how long it took me to get to this :D

2: I'm only at the stage where I've started wondering what I could do to make things even better. Yes, there are a few specific ideas, but I'd rather not hype up anyone (including myself) prematurely.

Nope :P

Banter.

The first time I don't remember me jumping the gun in some way has been these B-Spec series, so I guess I'd be better off not commenting too much on that :lol:
Double post again like an idiot.

You should find some LMP templates. Although, they are pretty difficult.

For Foxy's sake Smurf, I cannot even the amount of times it's been said by me and others that they're at the same exact place as all other templates

If, after the latest OP revision, you still can't find it..

Double post again like an idiot.

You should find some LMP templates. Although, they are pretty difficult.

I do have some, but until everyone has a copy of the game and can do the previewing themselves, I'm sticking to cars I have carviewer files for. Don't want it to be like first season when basically everyone was depending on me giving them images of their cars :lol:

I'm the spec that doesn't have a setup, right, so it doesn't matter if I test or not, or is there a benefit for it?

You're an AM and I have your livery. Basically the only part of that post that means something to you is that it gives a time frame for when I hope to get the actual thing started.

And no, testing makes bugger-all difference to you :D

You're an AM and I have your livery. Basically the only part of that post that means something to you is that it gives a time frame for when I hope to get the actual thing started.

And no, testing makes bugger-all difference to you :D

Do you have my livery as well, morten? Or do I have to zip it in order to maintain its size? And if I do have to zip it, what is the format that I must use to save the file itself?

Do you have my livery as well, morten? Or do I have to zip it in order to maintain its size? And if I do have to zip it, what is the format that I must use to save the file itself?

No, not yet.

Either .dds or just send the whole thing :)

In news related to the main series, the BMWs have had another nerfing and is now down to 400 bhp. They just have so much grip in and out of the corners that they're still hitting speeds similar to the Ferrari (the Porsche, of course, is about 5-10 km/h faster with regards to top speed)

No, not yet.

Either .dds or just send the whole thing :)

In news related to the main series, the BMWs have had another nerfing and is now down to 400 bhp. They just have so much grip in and out of the corners that they're still hitting speeds similar to the Ferrari (the Porsche, of course, is about 5-10 km/h faster with regards to top speed)

Alright, I can't really save it as a .dds file (being a GIMP user and all, and because apparently GIMP can't export files in that format because reasons), so I'll just send a zipped .psd and you see if that works. Is that okay with you?

Attachments

• Body2T.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 8
That should be fine.

Also forgot to say, for the second week in a row, there's a chance for derpy AIs spinning, this time in turn one, which happens to be remarkably similar to turn one at Valencia - anyone having flashbacks already?

Start grid 1.png
Start grid 2.png

Just when I thought that my driver couldn't do much worse, he qualifies in the last freakin' possible position. Needless to say, my expectations of a good race now are about as low as I can get them, all thanks to this less-than-decent performance. :indiff:

In the meantime, Jesus, those BMWs won't leave the top positions at all, will they? Unstoppable machines they are, that's for sure...

Just when I thought that my driver couldn't do much worse, he qualifies in the last freakin' possible position. Needless to say, my expectations of a good race now are about as low as I can get them, all thanks to this less-than-decent performance. :indiff:

In the meantime, Jesus, those BMWs won't leave the top positions at all, will they? Unstoppable machines they are, that's for sure...
Unstoppable? Do you remember my car at Round #1???? Needless to say, it stopped.

Unstoppable? Do you remember my car at Round #1???? Needless to say, it stopped.

Good point, but it only shows that the only thing which can stop a M3 at this point is a fire lit under its hide (literally). And that doesn't happen as often as it should, apparently...

..like I said, it seems like whenever I give the BMWs less power, they somehow become faster..

..by which logic I should just crank it up to 2000 and it'll work.

..like I said, it seems like whenever I give the BMWs less power, they somehow become faster..

..by which logic I should just crank it up to 2000 and it'll work.

Might as well do that at this point, I sure as heck have nothing. For a dumb A.I., the GTR2 A.I. sure can drive a M3 fast without many mistakes... Now I know why I kept getting the E46 M3 as the answer in that Carthrottle quiz thingy, that blasted car is my personal curse. Thanks a lot, Bavaria. (shakes fist at BMW)

Maybe the A.I. will go 8-year-old-kid if you crank the power to 2000 a la Tomahawk X and then they'll start crashing all over the place. Because that's what most 8-year-kids would do if they drove a 'Hawk X, don't you know... :lol:

Do we have to submit all 3 setups right away, or can we wait until after round 1 so we can panic and change things after we realize our setup sucks?

Do we have to submit all 3 setups right away, or can we wait until after round 1 so we can panic and change things after we realize our setup sucks?

Well, the original plan was for all of them to be submitted by the given time, but I've actually got a better idea.

What if, instead, the coming three weeks are (LGT-only, so it shouldn't conflict the RGT progress) dedicated test weeks?

Simply put, every day between Monday and Thursday (both included), before a certain time (most likely somewhere around 5 PM BST), PRO drivers send me the three setups they wish tested that day. I run a test session with them and report the best time for each back to you. You then have until the next day to make changes, which will then be tested again, on the same track, with the same procedure.

At the end of each week, I'd post a leaderboard with only the very best time each driver has posted.

Gives you all a bit of an idea of your level in the competition yet it doesn't reveal so much it's not entertaining :D

As for the tracks, I'm open to suggestions. You might want to pick a varied bunch, though..

Also may have slightly forgotten to mention that (because reasons) tyre wear will be turned off for LGT and the race distance will only be something like 50 km.

@rallymorten do you have my LGT?

I do, as black, silver and red as always 👍

Back