GTRRL|SuperGT Challenge Series Sign Ups Open! Rd 5 Suzuka Aug. 25th

  • Thread starter Thread starter DragonGT83
  • 3,546 comments
  • 267,163 views
Sadly my tv is being used right now to watch the thrilling history of UK pop music which is the current part of the ceremony
 
KingBestJr
Opening Ceremony is not till 7:30pm est. :)

It started an hour before your post
 
cheers for that shagg, 0.4s off preseason but at least I bagged room A.
 
Tape delay here in America for the olympics opening
 
Qualifying has been updated. The room is still open by the way so any of you that need to qualify jump in there. I'm not in their anymore but TeamDynasty_29 and no bull can take times, they know the routine.


Qualifying Room Open! :)

1472-6118-4130-9224-7134
 
shagg can join drivers in team ATR Management?
 
IMMORTALPILOT
shagg can join drivers in team ATR Management?

Didn't quite understand your English there mate. Can you say that again?
 
Didn't quite understand your English there mate. Can you say that again?

I mean i have see in other teams drive 3-4 drivers.
And in my team only 2 can join maybe one or 2 drivers more in ATR Management?
 
IMMORTALPILOT
I mean i have see in other teams drive 3-4 drivers.
And in my team only 2 can join maybe one or 2 drivers more in ATR Management?

You can 3 in a class but only two count. So you can add one more to your 500 class
 
Is a qualy room open? Really sorry for the lateness. I couldnt miss the opening ceremony

I have a room open if any stewards want to supervise...

1472-6118-3744-3753-0815
 
kk20
Is a qualy room open? Really sorry for the lateness. I couldnt miss the opening ceremony

I have a room open if any stewards want to supervise...

1472-6118-3744-3753-0815

King is on his way mate! 👍


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Qualifying is now open for this week's race. This will be the post that will be used for the qualifying results. It is going to be this Saturday at 7ET. It will be at Indy Road for the season opening race!

This post here will detail the results, procedures and etc on how we do qualifying (See OP for more details). Qualifying is over and final 12 hours before the scheduled start of the race.

The chart below details the current qualifying standings. This will be updated as the week goes forth and when a new page is made I will quote this post

Current Qualifying Results:
Green = locked in to room due to preseason victories
D8859485_66955821_603509

To qualify you can either PM a steward here on GTPlanet, post a post on here with a public room number for a steward to join, or if you are friends on PSN with a steward you can PM them on there. Below is the list of Stewards that can qualify you (as of now)

GTPlanet name (PSN name)

- XxShaggxX (Xx-Shagg-xX)
- DragonGT83 (same)
- KingBestJr (same)
- gtpanoz (panoz38)
- Infernothefox (InfernoTheFox)

Note that Stewards must qualify with other Stewards

Instructional video(s) for this week:


Hope these videos are helping 👍
 
Last edited:
Cheers for the quick response 👍


Quick question...There are 20 qualified drivers with boshuter and dragon yet to qualify...Are we splitting into 2 rooms tomorrow?
 
Quick question...There are 20 qualified drivers with boshuter and dragon yet to qualify...Are we splitting into 2 rooms tomorrow?

The over flow will be put into room B. So top 8 from each series will be room A. This could be up for debate after this week on how we split them.
 
So a two stopper it is then

Yea your 2 stop strategy last week drove right around my 1 stopper!

Shagg: Have you thought about running the GT300's in one room and the GT500's in another?
 
Shagg: Have you thought about running the GT300's in one room and the GT500's in another?

We have done that for a long time and this time we wanted to experience the dual series aspect. Other wise it's no longer a dual series :)
 
joetruckv8
Yea your 2 stop strategy last week drove right around my 1 stopper!


Lol yeah....I knew It was madness to try bring the cars home in 16 lap stints especially while we were racing wheel to wheel...

XxShaggxX
We have done that for a long time and this time we wanted to experience the dual series aspect. Other wise it's no longer a dual series :)

👍 Part of the reason why I joined is mixed class racing....
 
I'm just now able to get on. I'm gonna go in my lounge and run some warm up laps, if any stewards are around, just message on psn. Sorry for waiting til the last minute, I'll qualify earlier after this week.
 
I'm just now able to get on. I'm gonna go in my lounge and run some warm up laps, if any stewards are around, just message on psn. Sorry for waiting til the last minute, I'll qualify earlier after this week.

I believe shagg is on still if not just send me a message on psn and ill come watch you.
 
I believe shagg is on still if not just send me a message on psn and ill come watch you.

He's in GT5, but not in a room. I'm going to message him and I went ahead and opened a room 1472 6118 4130 9224 7344 he'll probably jump in. I'll message him and get some warm up laps in. 👍
 
Opening my lounge now to any last second qualifiers. Come on in! :)
 
Lol yeah....I knew It was madness to try bring the cars home in 16 lap stints especially while we were racing wheel to wheel...



👍 Part of the reason why I joined is mixed class racing....

I was thinking the same thing, but I as worried about the fact that if 2 drivers were bump drafting each other their high mph pace would smoke anyone breaking from the pack?
 
glad to see im starting 3rd so far in 500s
 
It looks everything is set for this weeks race. This weeks race will be 40 Laps.

Current Qualifying Results:
Green = locked in to room due to preseason victories
D8859485_66955821_603509


Just a reminder on how things will work. We will have the room open probably 30 minutes before 7ET that way we can get things set up and make sure everything is operating. We will probably get the race started closer to 7:30 just depends when everyone gets into the room. (Also takes a bit to do all of the regs). Be sure to follow my instructions when we are doing regs so we can get through it as smooth as possible.

When we are doing the pace laps remember that it is staggered rolling start so you are to keep a car length inbetween you and the next driver. Here is an image describing how to this:

formation.jpg

Credit to PURE for the image​

500s will go first on the parade lap and will be allowed to get about a 20-30 second gap. Pace speed is 70 mph and is up to pole sitter to keep this speed. When the leader hits the start finish line that when everyone goes full speed. THERE IS NO PASSING before the start finish line.

Anybody in red on the qualify chart means they have indicated they won't be there. The room a drivers have been adjusted for this fact.

The people above the black line are racing in Room A and people below the line will be in Room B. Given we will only have like 2 people in Room B, it is up to them if they want to race or just let the qualifying results dictate there finish. Also if the Room B guys want they can race a shorter race since there won't be many people (IE 10-20 laps).

If you are in Room B stay tuned cause if someone in Room A doesn't show up they could be upgraded to Room A. If no one in Room B decides to race they will be given the position of there qualification.

Good luck! 👍
 
Who's hosting Room B?
 
Who's hosting Room B?

Who ever feels there internet can do it. So either you or Sinladar. We don't have an official non racing steward so we will rely on the drivers of Room B to report results and stuff.

So you could be that guy :). Also up to you and Sinladar how many laps you guys do cause it will only be you two (Idk if the two 500 guys wont show up...)
 
I say let the qual decide I dont think a race with only 2 guys will be much fun.
 
I can host room B. Just let me know once room A race starts or has openings. Then room B can decide what to do.
 
I can host room B. Just let me know once room A race starts or has openings. Then room B can decide what to do.

Alright, Sinladar says let the qualifying decide results. Would you agree or would you like to race a 10 lap race to decide the position?

Also Todd C. stay tuned cause if Ryan Johnson actually shows up (he says he working) you will then become room B. But I assume he is still working so your should be ok
 
Back