GTRRL|SuperGT Challenge Series Sign Ups Open! Rd 5 Suzuka Aug. 25th

  • Thread starter Thread starter DragonGT83
  • 3,546 comments
  • 267,164 views
will be on 2night around 10ish 1030ish to run some laps and perhaps qualify
 
Depending if Joey and Patrick and Ron show up will decide the fate of the cut off line. I won't be there for sure so that's one open spot. Ron won't know until Thursday when a tech comes out for the internet. If Ron doesn't show I'd say the cut off will be around a 55.2-.5. If he does that will probably push it to a 54.8ish. That's just my prediction.

Joey definitely won't be on, and probably not for a while. I don't think Pat will make it this weekend either, but I'm not sure after that.
 
Another reminder to everyone, make sure you stay on top of the thread and let the stewards know when you are ready to qualify. I normally am the one who jumps on for everyone but I will be leaving tonight to go up north. So be patient since we are going to be a man down 👍 sorry about that. Hopefully Ron will have his internet back by Friday so he can help pick up the slack. If not it will mainly just be King and maybe Panoz doing qualifying.
 
Id like to get my qual done today I should be ready in about an hour from now, also I will be swiching to the 03 ARTA the 08 is just to heavy.
 
Kakarot
Id like to get my qual done today I should be ready in about an hour from now, also I will be swiching to the 03 ARTA the 08 is just to heavy.

Alright bud sounds good. King will be the one doing it. Add him as a friend (KingBestJr) and when your ready just post a room number 👍
 
Room open

1472-6118-3615-5263-5631
 
Ok guess no one is coming don feel like sitting around much longer closing room in 10 mins if no one is available.
 
Room closed Ill try again thurs or fri.
 
Kakarot
Id like to get my qual done today I should be ready in about an hour from now, also I will be swiching to the 03 ARTA the 08 is just to heavy.

Its heavy but it performs aswell as the rest....
 
I got him qualified good job sinlader.
 
Its heavy but it performs aswell as the rest....

Well im not as fast as you are with it but i get almost 1 sec better times in the 03 at any track.
 
This is basically how the qualifying chart will look like for the rest of the week, just a link hehe sorry :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Qualifying is now open for this week's race. This will be the post that will be used for the qualifying results. It is going to be this Saturday at 7ET. It will be at Monza it will be an hour and half endurance race (50 Laps)

This post here will detail the results, procedures and etc on how we do qualifying (See OP for more details). Qualifying is over and final 12 hours before the scheduled start of the race.

The chart below details the current qualifying standings. This will be updated as the week goes forth and when a new page is made I will quote this post

Current Qualifying Results:
Click Here for Qualifying Results
​

To qualify you can either PM a steward here on GTPlanet, post a post on here with a public room number for a steward to join, or if you are friends on PSN with a steward you can PM them on there. Below is the list of Stewards that can qualify you (as of now)

GTPlanet name (PSN name)

- XxShaggxX (Xx-Shagg-xX)
- DragonGT83 (same)
- KingBestJr (same)
- gtpanoz (panoz38)
- Infernothefox (InfernoTheFox)

Note that Stewards must qualify with other Stewards

Instructional video(s) for this week:



​

Hope these videos are helping 👍

Updated :)
 
Well im not as fast as you are with it but i get almost 1 sec better times in the 03 at any track.

Glad you found something working better for you bud 👍
 
kk20
I cant wait to start getting to the more technical tracks. All these straights get pretty boring after a while. Nurb should be a cracker. :P
Yes! And I dont like being the victim in a drafting either.
 
Yes! And I dont like being the victim in a drafting either.

Amen to that, I wish there was an option to disable draft altogether.
 
Yep I hate racing on monza for that reason some one always puts me in the wall on the 2nd chicane because they overshoot the correct breaking point after drafting off me, and rearend me bad.
 
Kakarot
Yep I hate racing on monza for that reason some one always puts me in the wall on the 2nd chicane because they overshoot the correct breaking point after drafting off me, and rearend me bad.

Ok yeah that can be disasterous
 
Note to all there are 5 straights here so there is really no need to over take anyone going into any of the turns or chicanes here. You can draft right around them if you just wait to after each turn or chicane. if anyone dive bombs the 1st chicane let em have it because you can re block pass them at the 2nd chicane, but there will still need to be give and take!
 
This looks interesting, I'd have a go in it in either class if there is room. Preferably GT500 though. I noticed there's no SC430s, kinda sucks. If theres openings I'm willing to give this a shot.
 
This looks interesting, I'd have a go in it in either class if there is room. Preferably GT500 though. I noticed there's no SC430s, kinda sucks. If theres openings I'm willing to give this a shot.

There is always a opening. Welcome. The 500 cars this series have been tested on several tracks to be even as possible, reason being the 08' GT-R and 00' NSX car in the OP have been chosen.
 
I'm just biased toward Toyota/Lexus ;) I'm not sure if this will conflict with my schedule in another series, but if it doesn't I'm down to use any car.
 
Ha ha what up Seth!
 
freshseth83
I'm just biased toward Toyota/Lexus ;) I'm not sure if this will conflict with my schedule in another series, but if it doesn't I'm down to use any car.

I can assure you that you should cancel all your plans and race in this series. Well worth it...👍
 
kk20
I can assure you that you should cancel all your plans and race in this series. Well worth it...👍

Bahahahaha well thanks kandy :lol: 👍
 
If anyone needs to qualify just message me on psn just in case i dont see it on here. I check usually every half hour or so. So do both and i will get to you within a hour at the most.
 
I can go on in an hour or so!
On second thought I might be later, sorry!
!
 
Last edited:
Back