GTRRL|SuperGT Challenge Series Sign Ups Open! Rd 5 Suzuka Aug. 25th

  • Thread starter Thread starter DragonGT83
  • 3,546 comments
  • 267,167 views
Im just glad I have no ballast for next race....

EDIT: Ah never mind, just read OP
 
This is a bye week for me I'll be out of town this weekend, so I'll run 10 laps and qualify a time which I figure will be the bump line time. I feel the RX-7's will shine here with there extra mph down the straight way!

GL fellas, 👍
 
This is a bye week for me I'll be out of town this weekend, so I'll run 10 laps and qualify a time which I figure will be the bump line time. I feel the RX-7's will shine here with there extra mph down the straight way!

GL fellas, 👍

Thats too bad, the Subs really like it here I think.



Also just mentioning to the whole series, reviewing the replay, other then the few incidents I'm watching the racing I've seen looks great, awesome driving by everyone.
 
XxShaggxX
Glad I could help 👍

That tune I gave everyone, all I adjust is ride heights and brake bias per track. So should be pretty decent everywhere.

How do you adjust the heights to reduce low speed understeer in the turn in stage?

That's really the only fault I can find in the car for me. Shagg is a setup wizard lol.
 
How do you adjust the heights to reduce low speed understeer in the turn in stage?

That's really the only fault I can find in the car for me. Shagg is a setup wizard lol.

Haha learned my stuff from Ron and Mike but thanks for the compliment. I would look at your lsd for turn in in the braking sensitivity. lower it to help free you up on turn in. Also could try lowering the rear ride height? maybe that would help. Also more rear brake.
 
Haha learned my stuff from Ron and Mike but thanks for the compliment. I would look at your lsd for turn in in the braking sensitivity. lower it to help free you up on turn in. Also could try lowering the rear ride height? maybe that would help. Also more rear brake.

👍
 
Thanks guys, will look into it, perhaps it is the diff braking as that setting is over 10. Brake bias is currently 4 2 but I run without abs so our settings would be different.
 
Thanks guys, will look into it, perhaps it is the diff braking as that setting is over 10. Brake bias is currently 4 2 but I run without abs so our settings would be different.

Would definetly cut abs on 1. I mean now a days lots of race cars have it, so its not like your using a aid that most dont now just like traction control truthfully. 👍
 
and ABS off is slower than with it on. But it's all about preference, honestly, and kudos to you for running without it :)
 
Thanks guys, will look into it, perhaps it is the diff braking as that setting is over 10. Brake bias is currently 4 2 but I run without abs so our settings would be different.

question, are you also using a clutch? by watching you when I was reviewing the race it looked like you were losing something during your shifts. I could be wrong though.
 
DragonGT83
question, are you also using a clutch? by watching you when I was reviewing the race it looked like you were losing something during your shifts. I could be wrong though.

I used to clutch in previous leagues, but that was alot slower. Now I use it to launch the car if I spin, but it keeps popping out of first.

Like when I flew into the gravel trap it kept going out of 1st and into N.

Sometimes replays look like the driver is clutching, it's strange.
 
VELOCI_2NR
and ABS off is slower than with it on. But it's all about preference, honestly, and kudos to you for running without it :)

Yeah definitely preference, I can tell grip levels better with it.

Nah I don't deserve the kudos, I'm still not good under brakes as evidenced by last race! :p

Oh yeah I'd like to ask, at Daytona do you guys drive on the inside or outside of the ring?
 
Last edited:
I'm back at my PS3 for the next few hours but once again can't make the race (away tomorrow morn till Sunday 👎). Do I need to qualify to get last place points or can I just get them gifted :sly: You see I've never driven Daytona and have no time to practice so my Q effort will be like a parade lap :dunce:
 
I'm back at my PS3 for the next few hours but once again can't make the race (away tomorrow morn till Sunday 👎). Do I need to qualify to get last place points or can I just get them gifted :sly: You see I've never driven Daytona and have no time to practice so my Q effort will be like a parade lap :dunce:

As far as I know, you'll have to qualify to get any points. Might as well get the parade lap over with and just get the points. Do it for the team! :P
 
Oh yeah I'd like to ask, at Daytona do you guys drive on the inside or outside of the ring?

I drive so my inside tires are reight next to the inside yellow line on the banking al the way through NASCAR 1/2 and 3/4. On a run upto a qualy lap, I'll run outside next to the wall in NASCAR 3/4 just to gain a hair more speed running upto the green.
 
Thats too bad, the Subs really like it here I think.



Also just mentioning to the whole series, reviewing the replay, other then the few incidents I'm watching the racing I've seen looks great, awesome driving by everyone.

After drafting around Monza I could imagine how great of a time it would be here!
 
For the race, when exiting pit road should we follow the exit lane or just rejoin the track?
 
For the race, when exiting pit road should we follow the exit lane or just rejoin the track?

just join the track but remain on the inside line till you come out of the first turn, especially if you have oncoming traffic.
 
I would strongly suggest using the real pit exit lane. You don't want to have people joining the track in turn 1. its already a crapshoot if you're gonna make it or not as is, without fear of slow traffic to collide into.
 
I would strongly suggest using the real pit exit lane. You don't want to have people joining the track in turn 1. its already a crapshoot if you're gonna make it or not as is, without fear of slow traffic to collide into.

That's what I'm worried about, especially since the braking zone for turn 1 is in then out.
 
Qualifying is now open for this week's race. This will be the post that will be used for the qualifying results. It is going to be this Saturday at 7ET. It will be at Daytona Infield and will be an hour and a half long endurance race (50 Laps)

This post here will detail the results, procedures and etc on how we do qualifying (See OP for more details). Qualifying is over and final 12 hours before the scheduled start of the race.

The chart below details the current qualifying standings. This will be updated as the week goes forth and when a new page is made I will quote this post

Current Qualifying Results:
D8859485_66955821_793726

To qualify you can either PM a steward here on GTPlanet, post a post on here with a public room number for a steward to join, or if you are friends on PSN with a steward you can PM them on there. Below is the list of Stewards that can qualify you (as of now)

GTPlanet name (PSN name)

- XxShaggxX (Xx-Shagg-xX)
- DragonGT83 (same)
- KingBestJr (same)
- gtpanoz (panoz38)
- Infernothefox (InfernoTheFox)
- kk20 (killa_kandy)

Note that Stewards must qualify with other Stewards
 
Last edited:
I think we should use the real exit lane. There wouldnt be any problems if we do. Everyone needs to be sure and do it tho if we make that rule
 
We've never used it before so it would be interesting to do that. Doesnt matter to me we just need to make an official ruling on it so everyone knows the rule. And as always we can look at the replay to see if anybody violates it.
 
Im used to it every series Ive ever been in uses it.
 
We've never used it before so it would be interesting to do that. Doesnt matter to me we just need to make an official ruling on it so everyone knows the rule. And as always we can look at the replay to see if anybody violates it.

Use the exit lane officially sounds good to me, was just going by what we've done the last 2 years.

And shagg did you get my incident report of the race of what I know of and watched?
 
Use the exit lane officially sounds good to me, was just going by what we've done the last 2 years.

And shagg did you get my incident report of the race of what I know of and watched?

Yep I got it
 
Any news on whether I need to qualify for this round to get last place points (I cant make the race again)?
 
For the first three races I gave everyone last place points just to get started if they missed first few races. This will Prolly be last week I do that. After this week, to receive points one must have qualified
 
Ok, great! I'm hoping to make all the rest of the races (and not be last for too much longer!).
 
I'm about to open up a practice. Haven't turned any laps yet so we are unloading the car off the truck ;)

Room Number: 1472-6681-3759-3056-9964
 
Last edited:
Back