GTRRL|SuperGT Challenge Series Sign Ups Open! Rd 5 Suzuka Aug. 25th

  • Thread starter Thread starter DragonGT83
  • 3,546 comments
  • 267,167 views
In my replay it shows you touching him pretty well and enough to make him spin. I know there has been times that I've noticed certain drivers moving weird when close to me. Like king I swear I never touched him and he would say I did and I could notice it but with a bubble between us. So idk maybe there is some kind of bubble issue in GT5? who knows.

I agree, I thinking of the Indy Oval race in Season 3 with King and Shagg with a similar result.
 
I personally disagree with what you've just said.
In the OP it states that we are racing under OLR rules. And im assuming that we are doing so? And in the OLR it states one change of direction. Weaving to break draft is cheating IMHO.



On my way

F that.
Only part of the track anyone is gonna draft me is in the turn. And you better be able to run in between the white lines and the wall


Truthfully i dont see a problem with it. If someone wants to do it let them, and doing that also slows you down so if someone wants to do it let them. I know personally i might do it some if i know i am faster than someone and the only way they keeping up with me is through draft i will do all i can to get them away from me so i can get away. Plus if i can get them out of my draft i dont have to worry about someone braking late and slamming me into a corner accidnetaly. So anytime i can get away from someone behind me i will try and break the draft myself.

👍

Once I know there aint no possibly way to break enough draft in order for the person behind me to not be able to catch n pass me by the turn, I just choose the indside or outside
 
Clarification time me thinks.
Whats the ruling with regard to weaving to break draft.
 
I say F1 rule; You can do whatever you want until the breaking zone, prior to applying the brakes though you must choose a lane.
 
I say F1 rule; You can do whatever you want until the breaking zone, prior to applying the brakes though you must choose a lane.

ya and you don't wanna be weaving thru the oval turns and tri-oval really so I don't see much weaving really unless your just turning left and right. I'd also like to see drivers not going below the yellow line in the oval turns and straights, consider the painted yellow line as a wall once you get your position coming out of the infield and bus stop etc.
 
Bennen13
I say F1 rule; You can do whatever you want until the breaking zone, prior to applying the brakes though you must choose a lane.

F1 rule your not allowed to weave to break draft. Hamilton done it in malaysia of 2010 against kubica and malaysia of 2011 against alonso and got penalised both times...

DragonGT83
ya and you don't wanna be weaving thru the oval turns and tri-oval really so I don't see much weaving really unless your just turning left and right. I'd also like to see drivers not going below the yellow line in the oval turns and straights, consider the painted yellow line as a wall once you get your position coming out of the infield and bus stop etc.

So we're allowed to weave? I know in daytona its stupid to but what about in different tracks?
 
F1 rule your not allowed to weave to break draft. Hamilton done it in malaysia of 2010 against kubica and malaysia of 2011 against alonso and got penalised both times...

It was newly applied this year in an attempt to make passing more exciting. They don't really weave per-se, but they'll basically block the far inside and slide up right before the braking zone.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I totally agree with Ron, if you're weaving in the the oval turns then you'll be losing way to much speed anyways.
 
F1 rule your not allowed to weave to break draft. Hamilton done it in malaysia of 2010 against kubica and malaysia of 2011 against alonso and got penalised both times...



So we're allowed to weave? I know in daytona its stupid to but what about in different tracks?

All stewards(and other drivers for that matter) can put their input in on it and we can decide. I don't like multiple weaving myself why I only do it but only once per straight if I feel I can break away from it during the race, but the final lap could be different when your racing to the line. I mean during the race if you weave once and you haven't broke the draft, your probably not going to break it much after that, but it could get you a win racing to the line, you know what I mean?
 
All stewards(and other drivers for that matter) can put their input in on it and we can decide. I don't like multiple weaving myself why I only do it but only once per straight if I feel I can break away from it during the race, but the final lap could be different when your racing to the line. I mean during the race if you weave once and you haven't broke the draft, your probably not going to break it much after that, but it could get you a win racing to the line, you know what I mean?

It doesnt matter to me really but on last lap im going to do what i have to do to break draft if i can lol.:)
 
Personally I always felt it was annoying and unnecessary. The time that comes to mind is Daytona Road last season in TC, where Ron was leading me coming out of the bus stop coming to the checkered. He was weaving from the yellow line to the wall and I was doing the same and I still caught him and passed him. So it was unnecessary. Anytime anyone did that to me I just go straight and still catch them as they are the doofis weaving and loosing time.

I say for the sake of not being obnoxious, you get one weave. Other then that Idk. We've always allowed weaving but I always hated people who did it. Then again the draft in this game is a bit powerful even on weak so I can understand both arguements.

My vote would be no weaving as, just like F1, can result in better overall racing instead of getting all spread out.
 
Personally I always felt it was annoying and unnecessary. The time that comes to mind is Daytona Road last season in TC, where Ron was leading me coming out of the bus stop coming to the checker

:lol::lol::lol: Had no other chance to win lol, that was definitely exaggerated on my part, but at least it was heading to the checkered finish and the line and not during the race.
 
DragonGT83
:lol::lol::lol: Had no other chance to win lol, that was definitely exaggerated on my part, but at least it was heading to the checkered finish and the line and not during the race.

Haha. It was funny tho. I accidently hit send on that message so there is more on the post
 
Bennen13
It was newly applied this year in an attempt to make passing more exciting. They don't really weave per-se, but they'll basically block the far inside and slide up right before the braking zone.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I totally agree with Ron, if you're weaving in the the oval turns then you'll be losing way to much speed anyways.

No you're no longer allowed to move back in braking zone after Schumacher Hamilton in monza 2011. You can make one move on straight then have to stick to it for the corner
 
I say for the sake of not being obnoxious, you get one weave. Other then that Idk. We've always allowed weaving but I always hated people who did it. Then again the draft in this game is a bit powerful even on weak so I can understand both arguements.

My vote would be no weaving as, just like F1, can result in better overall racing instead of getting all spread out.

One weave would be ok with me. 👍
 
Just think of the slipstream like DRS in F1 or push to pass in IndyCar. Its almost impossible to stop it as its too great a performance boost. So just either let the guy go or make 1move to try stop it. It ain't the end of the world as after it you got the slipstream..
 
ZachAK47
It ain't the end of the world as after it you got the slipstream..

I agree. Draft works both ways
 
So 1 weave is the rule? Meaning you can move over once on a straight and then move back? I've never tried it before so I don't know how effective it is (I don't like to hit cars/lose control doing it lol)

TBH, I think this is only an issue because of GT5 game physics. Don't really see much of it irl and like Shagg says, it looks kind of silly lol.
 
No problem with one weave. Personally, I always just take the inside and let the guy by anyway. Otherwise I throw myself off for the next turn and screw up. :dunce:
 
Bennen13
No problem with one weave. Personally, I always just take the inside and let the guy by anyway. Otherwise I throw myself off for the next turn and screw up. :dunce:

👍 👍 👍 👍 👍
 
anyone got a room up for a bit of practice?
 
veloci_2nr
anyone got a room up for a bit of practice?

1472-6118-4259-7709-8792

Just pulled my pb out of my _ _ _ during qualifying. 1:50.875

I normally don't pull pbs during Q but I did it twice this season. Someone want to use my lucky horseshoe... Actually no... no you can't! :lol:
 
Last edited:
ZachAK47
No you're no longer allowed to move back in braking zone after Schumacher Hamilton in monza 2011. You can make one move on straight then have to stick to it for the corner

Oh yeah I forgot about this.

alefin
So 1 weave is the rule? Meaning you can move over once on a straight and then move back? I've never tried it before so I don't know how effective it is (I don't like to hit cars/lose control doing it lol)

TBH, I think this is only an issue because of GT5 game physics. Don't really see much of it irl and like Shagg says, it looks kind of silly lol.

The reason behind the uber drafting is because of the casual players. PD just made it easier to overtake for them. However there should be a third option called 'Realistic'.

XxShaggxX
1472-6118-4259-7709-8792

Just pulled my pb out of my _ _ _ during qualifying. 1:50.875

I normally don't pull pbs during Q but I did it twice this season. Someone want to use my lucky horseshoe... Actually no... no you can't! :lol:

How the hell man. Best I can pull is 52.6. Lose way too much speed in the straights. Highest speed I've achieved is 152mph when crossing the line.
 
How the hell man. Best I can pull is 52.6. Lose way too much speed in the straights. Highest speed I've achieved is 152mph when crossing the line.

I think I'm right there with ya on speeds, but i fly through the infield and busstop so I can get in the low 51s. havent run a lap since saturday though
 
VELOCI_2NR
I think I'm right there with ya on speeds, but i fly through the infield and busstop so I can get in the low 51s. havent run a lap since saturday though

Yeah. Hope you enjoy your 40kg ballast. Sitting duck in the straights. :lol:
 
I'll be looking for a qualifier room tomorrow for super pole day!
 
I'll be looking for a qualifier room tomorrow for super pole day!

Just let me know when and i will open one for you tomorrow. 👍
 
Bumping some things:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Qualifying is now open for this week's race. This will be the post that will be used for the qualifying results. It is going to be this Saturday at 7ET. It will be at Daytona Infield and will be an hour and a half long endurance race (50 Laps)

This post here will detail the results, procedures and etc on how we do qualifying (See OP for more details). Qualifying is over and final 12 hours before the scheduled start of the race.

The chart below details the current qualifying standings. This will be updated as the week goes forth and when a new page is made I will quote this post

Current Qualifying Results:
D8859485_66955821_793726

To qualify you can either PM a steward here on GTPlanet, post a post on here with a public room number for a steward to join, or if you are friends on PSN with a steward you can PM them on there. Below is the list of Stewards that can qualify you (as of now)

GTPlanet name (PSN name)

- XxShaggxX (Xx-Shagg-xX)
- DragonGT83 (same)
- KingBestJr (same)
- gtpanoz (panoz38)
- Infernothefox (InfernoTheFox)
- kk20 (killa_kandy)

Note that Stewards must qualify with other Stewards


Uploading a decent lap around Daytona Road in the 300 class. Help any of you who are struggling. Will post here when it is done.

​


Note: Just heard the random music going on in the living room... Momma is on a cleaning spree :lol:

Any questions feel free to ask :)



Look who got off his butt and finally did team points from...oh yeah like two weeks ago... :lol:

THIS GUY!

D8859485_66955821_716124


EDIT: On a not so happy note, Ron Meier has reviewed the race at Monza and has ruled on some incidents that occurred on the race track. The following incidents have been deemed 'avoidable' and have therefore drawn the following penalties.

Early in the race while racing side by side, drivers Mike Best and Pablo Czyrt made contact that resulted in Mike Best wrecking. After looking at his replay, Ron has determined that Pablo took the corner wide and resulted in pushing Best off course. By not waiting for him as the rules say, He will be docked 1 championship point. Both drivers are also on watch to be sure no paybacks occur.

On lap 8, Nadiur R bumped into Len Parker and resulted in Parker spinning. By not waiting for the spinning driver he also will receive 1 championship point deduction.

On lap 18, Phil N was attempting to lap the 300 driver of Parker and he knocked him off track. This also will result in a 1 championship point deduction. From this point forward though, contact between 500 and 300 class drivers will be scrutinized harsher and could result in harsher penalties. Please be careful guys

On lap 28, Jonathan Bolling got into Nadiur R resulting in Nadiur spinning. Failing to wait for him will result in a 1 point penalty.


It's early in the season so Ron was lenient on the penalties. Just try your hardest to be careful guys 👍 :)
 
Woo Room A here I come. I did another quick practice session and I hit a 1.44.5xx or so. Since most my competition has success ballast I think I have a shot.
 
Woo Room A here I come. I did another quick practice session and I hit a 1.44.5xx or so. Since most my competition has success ballast I think I have a shot.

Most definetly you do. Think i could hit about a 44.4 was fastest with my race setup and weight on car. But it will come down to a hour and half of no mistakes. 👍
 
Most definetly you do. Think i could hit about a 44.4 was fastest with my race setup and weight on car. But it will come down to a hour and half of no mistakes. 👍

An hour and a half of no mistakes? I'll be lucky If I don't make 2 or 3. :) LOOOOL
 
Back