GTS credit grinding not ecological..

• Thread starter Haitauer
  • 199 comments
Except none of us are saying you're lying about your disability.

We're saying you're using your disability to justify lying about everything else.
No. Why I said that I have a Disability you called me, you're so thick-headed and other things in your post that really hurt me, and I also have slight brain damage. I have a right to my opinion on things.

I said that using disability as an excuse for lying was tacky. What you were lying about was cheating - after demanding another user apologise to you for saying you cheated, and to be "very careful" what they say to you because of a disability - and I quoted several posts of yours detailing your cheating. It's pretty clear, even without randomly capitalised words and linking words shoved in to tie two unrelated clauses together.

Again, you are objectively wrong. If you didn't cheat with the pitlane glitch, GT Sport is the slowest paying active GT game ever, and was even slower before the game introduced GT League to make it faster. The only slower game is GT5, because the servers are off and you can't do the Seasonal Events or get your login bonus any more. With those, even GT5 was faster (although it blocked you from buying cars unless you reached the right level to do so).

As you did cheat it, it's not surprising you can't see that - despite admitting it as recently as May 2018, as quoted.
I would not called that cheating because it was in the game, and it was not a 3rd party program to cheat in GTS.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would not called that cheating because it was in the game
That's exactly what cheating is.
and it was not a 3rd party program to cheat in GTS.
That would be hacking.

Cheating uses gaps and bugs in the game's code to exploit unintended mechanisms. Hacking creates gaps and bugs in the game's code by hacking it apart to create mechanisms to exploit. You did the former. You cheated.

And that's not relevant to the fact that, objectively, GT Sport has the slowest paying economy of any active GT game ever, even with the post-release introduction of GT League to speed it up.

As a reference i checked some of the top guys from kudos. Not paying that well even with those massive distances, one of the highest win ratios and offline100%..

Grinding is the only way to really make money.

TRL_LIGHTNING (Hizal)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190902-164044_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190902-164044_Chrome.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 25
No. Why I said that I have a Disability you called me

As far as I recall, I haven't called anyone disabled, or mentally retarded, or anything to that extent, and actually, genuinely mean it.

Have I called people such things in a joking manner? Probably. Most likely. But you'd have to be mentally retarded to not pick up on the sarca- oh. Oh no.

you're so thick-headed

You may notice how I practically underhanded that one to you to fire it back at me, just to spruce up your array of clever comebacks. Calling people "sunshine" was starting to get a little old, let's be honest.

other things in your post that really hurt me

Which one of them?
  • The bit where I, like an overwhelming number of people, have called you out on top-of-the-line hypocrisy?
  • The bit where I make a brief joke of how your logic determines that 20 million credits / 2 million per hour /= at least 10 hours of grinding, only to then go ahead and say that you're right - but for exactly the opposite reasons that you think, and try to explain why that is?
  • Or is it the bit where I make a jab at anyone on the internet who has no clue what they're talking about and you took that as a personal insult (wait, that sounds like one of those aforementioned droppings I've dealt with in the past..)?
I have a right to my opinion on things.

You do have a right to an opinion. It's just that opinions, in threads like these, take a bit of a second seat to cold, hard facts. And the cold, hard facts is that GT Sport is the grindiest of the active GTs so far. That's been demonstrated to you multiple times.

If you had some sort of data to suggest otherwise, I'd bet we could have an interesting discussion. But you don't. All you keep saying is "well I don't have a problem with it so neither should you so suck it up sunshine and stop moaning and groaning about the credits system because its bloody spot on mate", conveniently leaving out the bits where your daily schedule seemingly doesn't include things like working a job (or at least anything resembling normal hours) and that your PS4 is constantly rendering a Mazda Miata rubbing its right-hand side mirror off a wall.

Is any of it beginning to make sense?

And just as a happy little note to end on:

I would not called that cheating because it was in the game, and it was not a 3rd party program to cheat in GTS.

Let's say you're an employee in a bank. That bank has a vault full of many millions of various currencies. You know how to disable any and all security systems. So one night, after everyone else has gone home, you disable security, enter the vault, take every single penny, and walk right out.

According to the above quote from you, that's not stealing, because you didn't use a crowbar to break it open. Yay! The money is legally yours and Interpol can't do 🤬!

If that's your logic, you *definitely* should consider a banking career in Scandinavia - you'd fit right in.

The moral of the story, in case it isn't clear, is this:

Cheat away as much as you like. But don't then come and say that you don't while simultaneously saying that you do.

Thanks for the kind words @Lord of Tranz.

In regards to the other element of conversation going on regarding exploits to level up/grind etc, I can 100% say I levelled up to level 50 using only blue moon bay and alot of stubbornness and fortitude.

I was late to GT Sport, only buying it last summer. Took a 6 month break in December last year, only to play again around May this year to grind from level 45 to 50.

My in game profile mileage graph attests to this. My point being that it's possible to grind all the way to the top legitimately plus earn a lot of money on the way.

Now, I understand many wouldn't view that as fun, there were days on the road to level 50 that I had to push myself, but I have the pride and accomplishment of getting there with zero cheats or glitches.

Let's hope GT7 won't be as grindy, even though personally this grind didn't bother me.

I have a question for all in regards to GT7 also. If GT7 had more content, cars, online and offline events etc... Would you or would you not grind for cars in it?

The problem is you're comparing your experience of playing the game with someone repeatedly using the most efficient tactic available simply to earn credits. Those things aren't directly comparable, most of GT League doesn't pay that well either (if you're using time taken to achieve 20 mil cars). The difference is that it's much easier to do more races in 100 hours offline, and you're much more likely to win - to achieve parity on that basis you'd have to make the sport mode payouts massive, and if you were to use one of the META races in GTL as your benchmark you'd have to make it even bigger.

I'm not saying Sport mode payouts shouldn't be increased, but - as an example - comparing your stats to mine (in simple terms) you've completed 567 sport mode races, I've completed about 500 GT League races. I've won 131 million credits, you've won just under 40, so it certainly looks like GTL pays out better... call it ~4 times better... However you've finished, on average, in 7th place in the dailies with 29 wins, whereas of those ~500 GTL races I've done, I've won 465 of them. Effectively my win rate is about 18 times higher than yours - now I'm not saying this with any view to relative skill, I appreciate League wins are far easier to come by - however it becomes clear that what you are asking for, is actually for online payouts to be massively more than offline, because that's the only way someone winning only 5% of the time will see a remotely similar payout to someone choosing to play the offline mode and probably winning all/most of the time.

A million people playing a league race can all win and see that maximum payout - Of a million people playing a Sport race, only a fraction of them can achieve the same. If you want to reward everyone's time roughly the same, and you install massive payouts online to drag the average earnings up, then you are effectively rewarding a small portion of online players (the winners) far more than you would be people playing offline - which you may be okay with, but I still wouldn't call that parity. I mean, I don't recall getting a free trip abroad with a free bar for winning a GT League race either, so I'd argue the best prizes are already for Sport mode players, but that's a different argument probably.

It's all fairly moot in my opinion anyway. PD's objective is very clearly to make certain in game assets very, very difficult to achieve - all these suggestions about ways of getting more credits in the game are pointless, PD set the bar as high as it did on purpose.. until they change their mind on that, it is what it is, and I think it's foolish to use that as the benchmark for whether the in game economy is appropriate or not. For those that like to play sport mode, you'll get given a car for free pretty much every day you play, you can choose a manufacturers car to get for free, you'll probably be given a car for free to use for a race if the rules call for it and at no stage are you required to have any of these super expensive assets to compete, and, on the off chance that you do need a few hundred thousand credits you have the same opportunity to earn money in GT League as every other player.
That is the most sensible, and accurate post ever made on this subject, and for that reason it will be overlooked, but well done, sir.

I've posted how I play before, but feel compiled to post again. I spend the majority of my time in the Liver Editor, so I'm not doing a lot of racing of any kind. I do make sure I get the daily workout in, for the gift car, and some credits. Naturally I use the best paying race, that will also get mileage required. I've had the game since launch, ran only 20 sport mode races, and completed the entire offline. Looking at my stats, I've driven 21k miles, and earned 122 million credits. I own the 20 mill Jag(won it), bought the Daytona, Ferrari 250, Alfa, and debating where I want to buy the recently added Jag, since I don't play as much as I use to, but I'm less that 50k from 20 million, again. Ive hit 20 mill enough times, where I've bought W08s just to clear some credits.
I've had a too many credits problem, and keep in mind, I'm doing the minimum amount of driving. So I have little sympathy for anybody that says they can't make any credits in this game. The tools for it are there for you to use. If you took 15 minutes of your session to do a good paying off line race, to get your work out, it would quickly pad your earnings.

pride and accomplishment

..I'm not going to say it, but you do realise what so of wormhole you've just opened yourself up to? Just.. making sure.

Would you or would you not grind for cars in it?

Depends on how long we're talking.
  • Half an hour? Sure.
  • An hour? Can probably do.
  • Two hours? Depends on the car.
  • Five hours? Ok, now you're pressing it.
  • Ten hours? Nah, I've got better games to play.
  • Fifteen hours? Aint nobody got time fo dat.
  • Twenty hours? Oh, go 🤬 a donkey.
  • Fourty hours? I would genuinely rather jump from the top floor of a forty-story building with no safety equipment of any kind.
Also, the amount of content in said game is, frankly, completely and utterly irrelevant. Genre doesn't matter either. If a game takes a BS amount of time to grind, it takes a BS amount of time to grind. That's all there is to it, really.

And just because I can imagine the rebuttal to this post being even more "but if you spent ten more hours working towards it you'll appreciate it that much more":
  1. Where be them numbers, yo?
  2. Surely I'd appreciate things more by actually using them?
Realistically, who do you think appreciates their million-dollar supercar more: the person who's locked it up in a hermetically sealed room and is too scared of lowering its resale value, the person who drives it to any meet they can reasonably get to, or the person who has it only as a poster in his bedroom and never has nor ever will come within touching distance of it? Let's leave aside for a moment the very real argument that an actual million-dollar supercar is a very tangible thing and a set of polygons on a screen rendered within a software you paid money for kinda sorta isn't.

I have a question for all in regards to GT7 also. If GT7 had more content, cars, online and offline events etc... Would you or would you not grind for cars in it?

If it's at GTS levels of grinding, no. Definitely not. I'd rather write off a potential car purchase and go and do races I want to do instead.

It is possible to grind as many credits as you could ever need but the amount of races you have to run to buy a single car is crazy. It's life wasting levels of mind numbing grinding...that causes acid rain.:P

@fordlaser I've no problem with you other than your unflinching copy/paste commandment on this topic. The game's economy system isn't a one size fits all and you've heard plenty of reasons why.

Try being a little more malleable.

MMX
That is the most sensible, and accurate post ever made on this subject, and for that reason it will be overlooked, but well done, sir.

Thanks man.

MMX
I own the 20 mill Jag(won it), bought the Daytona, Ferrari 250, Alfa, and debating where I want to buy the recently added Jag, since I don't play as much as I use to, but I'm less that 50k from 20 million, again. Ive hit 20 mill enough times, where I've bought W08s just to clear some credits.

The other day I realised that (aside from cars in excess of 3 million) I'd got nearly every car in the game. I had to buy the Huayra, the Honda SF car and the RedBull X2019, which I mostly did by selling off cars I'd bought in the past, and then won on the daily wheel (that alone raised nearly 4 million) and now I'm just left with the really expensive ones, which aside from any new update cars, is all I'll have to spend money on. I've already got the XJ13, the DBR3 and the Alfa Zagato, I'd imagine it'll take me another year to get everything. My plan is to keep playing through GT League which will yield about 25 million each time... I'd rather have a few wins in every GTL Race, than 600 times wins at one race - though I do hate the open wheel events, so I'll probably spam Monza Gr.1 a bit as well.

As far as I recall, I haven't called anyone disabled, or mentally retarded, or anything to that extent, and actually, genuinely mean it.

Have I called people such things in a joking manner? Probably. Most likely. *Snip*

You may notice how I practically underhanded that one to you to fire it back at me, just to spruce up your array of clever comebacks. Calling people "sunshine" was starting to get a little old, let's be honest.

Which one of them?
  • The bit where I, like an overwhelming number of people, have called you out on top-of-the-line hypocrisy?
  • The bit where I make a brief joke of how your logic determines that 20 million credits / 2 million per hour /= at least 10 hours of grinding, only to then go ahead and say that you're right - but for exactly the opposite reasons that you think, and try to explain why that is?
  • Or is it the bit where I make a jab at anyone on the internet who has no clue what they're talking about and you took that as a personal insult (wait, that sounds like one of those aforementioned droppings I've dealt with in the past..)?

You do have a right to an opinion. It's just that opinions, in threads like these, take a bit of a second seat to cold, hard facts. And the cold, hard facts is that GT Sport is the grindiest of the active GTs so far. That's been demonstrated to you multiple times.

If you had some sort of data to suggest otherwise, I'd bet we could have an interesting discussion. But you don't. All you keep saying is "well I don't have a problem with it so neither should you so suck it up sunshine and stop moaning and groaning about the credits system because its bloody spot on mate", conveniently leaving out the bits where your daily schedule seemingly doesn't include things like working a job (or at least anything resembling normal hours) and that your PS4 is constantly rendering a Mazda Miata rubbing its right-hand side mirror off a wall.

Let's say you're an employee in a bank. That bank has a vault full of many millions of various currencies. You know how to disable any and all security systems. So one night, after everyone else has gone home, you disable security, enter the vault, take every single penny, and walk right out.

According to the above quote from you, that's not stealing, because you didn't use a crowbar to break it open. Yay! The money is legally yours and Interpol can't do 🤬!

If that's your logic, you *definitely* should consider a banking career in Scandinavia - you'd fit right in.

Cheat away as much as you like. But don't then come and say that you don't while simultaneously saying that you do.
Nope, try again.

He didn't fire anything back at you.
He said he raised his disability because of what you said in your earlier post.
Rightly or wrongly he thought the thick-headed and IQ comments that you posted we directed at him.

And considering how you've posted towards him recently, I don't blame him.

Then, after he mentioned he also has slight brain damage, you come up with that gem of a line that I've intentionally removed from your quote.

You sir, have crossed the line. 👎

..I'm not going to say it, but you do realise what so of wormhole you've just opened yourself up to? Just.. making sure.

Depends on how long we're talking.
  • Half an hour? Sure.
  • An hour? Can probably do.
  • Two hours? Depends on the car.
  • Five hours? Ok, now you're pressing it.
  • Ten hours? Nah, I've got better games to play.
  • Fifteen hours? Aint nobody got time fo dat.
  • Twenty hours? Oh, go 🤬 a donkey.
  • Fourty hours? I would genuinely rather jump from the top floor of a forty-story building with no safety equipment of any kind.
Also, the amount of content in said game is, frankly, completely and utterly irrelevant. Genre doesn't matter either. If a game takes a BS amount of time to grind, it takes a BS amount of time to grind. That's all there is to it, really.

And just because I can imagine the rebuttal to this post being even more "but if you spent ten more hours working towards it you'll appreciate it that much more":
  1. Where be them numbers, yo?
  2. Surely I'd appreciate things more by actually using them?
Realistically, who do you think appreciates their million-dollar supercar more: the person who's locked it up in a hermetically sealed room and is too scared of lowering its resale value, the person who drives it to any meet they can reasonably get to, or the person who has it only as a poster in his bedroom and never has nor ever will come within touching distance of it? Let's leave aside for a moment the very real argument that an actual million-dollar supercar is a very tangible thing and a set of polygons on a screen rendered within a software you paid money for kinda sorta isn't.

Have I called people such things in a joking manner? Probably. Most likely. But you'd have to be mentally retarded to not pick up on the sarca- oh. Oh no.

Which one of them?

Gee, I bet you're fun at parties......
:rolleyes: :banghead: :rolleyes:

You sir, have crossed the line.

You also have a habit of snipping away any and all context from a post in order to make them seem even worse. I would know.

-

Pretty much this one. And people who are disappointed because of it are making threads like these to point them out.

It's almost like the game's economy is ****, and something needs to be done about the frankly needless grinding on vehicles that basically have no point anyway.

But I guess it's better to just say those that are criticizing the game's terrible economy and how you get the money are just not true fans or whatever.

My two cents on this.

You want something, earn it. That is GT. if you really want the 250 GTO, you've got to spend 20 mil, whether it be at BMB or Monza.

The main reason for grinding in GTS? Buying cars. Why can't we get cars elsewhere? Because of the damn roulette. If there was a viable way to get cars you actually want, no one would want to grind. It's just the same thing I said above, without the weightage of the word 'Grinding'. Think if there was an endurance event, 1 hour of BMB in an RX500 for 2 mil. Just a reward system at that point. Or a Formula GT type championship for 1 P4 would be acceptable. But in GTS, notoriously bad payouts and no way of getting cars you want is the big problem.
GT3 also had a 4-car roulette, but in that game, there was a 1/4 chance of getting a particular car. Here, 4/4 chance of getting 1 car with the other 3 just for show.

Okay, now 'Grinding' is something that is efficient, but mindless. So what do people consider as grinding? BMB? Yes. Monza/Citta di Aria(GT4)? Borderline. Doing a 10-race championship with less overall payouts than the previous two? No. So if it gives enough satisfaction or money, it's not grinding.

So what can be done about this?
1.Get rid of the roulette.
2.If you are keeping the roulette, 1 car for every set of races completed(cars vary according to league)
3.More payouts everywhere.
4.Bring back championships, or any sort of 'Grand Prize' which motivates people to keep playing.
5.Make payouts/rewards based on skill, not exploitative behaviour eg- a really hard event which gives a ton of money.
6.???
7.Profit!

You also have a habit of snipping away any and all context from a post in order to make them seem even worse. I would know.

-

It's almost like the game's economy is ****, and something needs to be done about the frankly needless grinding on vehicles that basically have no point anyway.

But I guess it's better to just say those that are criticizing the game's terrible economy and how you get the money are just not true fans or whatever.
In exactly what way, shape or form have I removed any or all context from that post?
And why would you even raise it when my posting habits for 1600 posts on this forum are well above what I would call respectable and well thought out.

It just shows your mind-set.
And it isn't a pretty sight.

In exactly what way, shape or form have I removed any or all context from that post?
And why would you even raise it when my posting habits for 1600 posts on this forum are well above what I would call respectable and well thought out

lol, aiight

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-million-players.379961/page-22#post-12775464

But whatever, this thread has turned into a **** show already from some who can't admit that the game's economy sucks, and that there are ways to fix it.

You want something, earn it. That is GT. if you really want the 250 GTO, you've got to spend 20 mil, whether it be at BMB or Monza.

If you say "53.3 races (all CRB) and 800 soul destroying laps around BMB for a 20 million credit car" really fast, it doesn't sound anywhere near as bad as doing it.

It’s crazy the lengths people will go to validate their beliefs when they’ve been proven false countless times

My two cents on this.

The main reason for grinding in GTS? Buying cars. Why can't we get cars elsewhere? Because of the damn roulette. If there was a viable way to get cars you actually want, no one would want to grind. It's just the same thing I said above, without the weightage of the word 'Grinding'. Think if there was an endurance event, 1 hour of BMB in an RX500 for 2 mil. Just a reward system at that point. Or a Formula GT type championship for 1 P4 would be acceptable. But in GTS, notoriously bad payouts and no way of getting cars you want is the big problem.
GT3 also had a 4-car roulette, but in that game, there was a 1/4 chance of getting a particular car. Here, 4/4 chance of getting 1 car with the other 3 just for show.

Okay, now 'Grinding' is something that is efficient, but mindless. So what do people consider as grinding? BMB? Yes. Monza/Citta di Aria(GT4)? Borderline. Doing a 10-race championship with less overall payouts than the previous two? No. So if it gives enough satisfaction or money, it's not grinding.

So what can be done about this?
1.Get rid of the roulette.
2.If you are keeping the roulette, 1 car for every set of races completed(cars vary according to league)
3.More payouts everywhere.
4.Bring back championships, or any sort of 'Grand Prize' which motivates people to keep playing.
5.Make payouts/rewards based on skill, not exploitative behaviour eg- a really hard event which gives a ton of money.
6.???
7.Profit!

8. Bring back seasonal events - im ok to race ai when its demanding enough. I have fond memories of THE Le Sarthe seasonal back in gt5 or was it gt6. If you played it you know which im talking about.

Play the ball, not the man.

Alright, I'll bite.

He didn't fire anything back at you.

..so I underhand him an at-the-time harmless - because he only mentioned his disability *after* I'd made that throwaway comment - ball, and him not hitting it is my fault? I feel like there's a logic I'm not quite getting here.

He said he raised his disability because of what you said in your earlier post.

..and again, exactly how am I suddenly at fault for not knowing every little disability any seemingly random person on the internet may or may not have? Are we supposed to start every single post with a mandatory disclaimer about how it may or may not be distasteful to 1% of the internet, just in case we happen to be talking to one of said 1%?

Rightly or wrongly he thought the thick-headed and IQ comments that you posted we directed at him.

And considering how you've posted towards him recently, I don't blame him.

Ah yes, I forgot how even the thickest layer of contextual sarcasm translates notoriously badly without a :lol: on the end.

Then, after he mentioned he also has slight brain damage, you come up with that gem of a line that I've intentionally removed from your quote.

No, you see, that was part of the bit where I was trying to tell him exactly how he's done wrong, and that was a genuine question to let me know if I needed to take a different approach.

If I *really* wanted to properly beat him down because that's all the meaning I have in life, there is an excruciatingly obvious setup in one of his posts. The fact that I haven't taken *that* golden an opportunity should tell you a lot.

Either way, I'll be totally honest and say that this thread has been well and truly dragged off-topic and is becoming increasingly insensitive. Sorry about that.

8. Bring back seasonal events - im ok to race ai when its demanding enough. I have fond memories of THE Le Sarthe seasonal back in gt5 or was it gt6. If you played it you know which im talking about.

1 lap in a Ferrari Enzo? I’ve no idea how you have fond memories of that, what an absolute waste of life.

Back