GTS won't launch (black screen)

United States
Indiana
pie4july
I went to play GTS, but all I get is a black screen.

I'm currently experiencing issues with PSN and cannot connect, but I should still be able to get into GTS, correct? I can't even get to the main menu.

I'm worried something is corrupt... :(

I went to play GTS, but all I get is a black screen.

I'm currently experiencing issues with PSN and cannot connect, but I should still be able to get into GTS, correct? I can't even get to the main menu.

I'm worried something is corrupt... :(
I had the same issue tonight around the time you posted this. First, it wouldn't connect to PD servers. So, restarted PS4, started GTS and got a black screen. Third restart everything was fine until artound 10:10pm est and I got disconnected. Only the second time that's happen to me since I started playing GTS

I've had this once before, seemed linked to the slow appearance of the online save icon in the bottom right hand corner. The game certainly doesn't like to load if it's not been able to connect to the server properly.

Currently having this issue as well. Save data successfully syncs with online server, the game performs an auto online save, the BGM plays, but... that's it. Black screen. Can't do anything. Really irritated right now with how many issues the game is having. Restarted my PS4 several times, no luck.

Ive got black screen 2 times in sport mode races in the last two months. Lasted a second or two and then got back to the regular screen again

I got this twice today, and have a practically brand new PS4 pro, so I'm thinking it's the game. Game loaded up, seen the circle fill to 100%, then when it should've went to the main screen, it was just black. I could hear music playing, but button mashing made no sound. After several minutes, it finally displayed. Ive hardly played since update 1.35, and it hadn't done it before that. I noticed everything is slower too.

I got the same problem today. Took forever to save after a daily car bonus. Powered it down. Now when I started it up it loaded then got blank screen with music playing. I restarted it a couple times. Then I just left it in blank screen for a while came back and it was all good. New car in garage :D

You are all not alone, Ive had the same problem for the past two months and I have had no problem with my internet connection.

I was in a lobby Tuesday night when everyone but me got kicked out. As soon as I left the lobby the screen went black. I had to completely shut down the PS4 and re-start it to get the screen back.

I think its a problem with the ps4 and not gtsport, it happend yesterday when I was watching youtube on ps4, or maybe its my tv. haha

Yeah I don't know about that. When I pressed the PS button it went back to the ps4 main menu. For me I think GT Sport was very slow when in black screen and I was impatient.

The game took ages to start up for me today and I've just discovered all my cars are invisible. Anyone got any tips on what to do?

OP... I thought this was a new topic when I saw the title and I was going to say...

"Lucky you, you can get your life back now!"

The game took ages to start up for me today and I've just discovered all my cars are invisible. Anyone got any tips on what to do?
Do you happen to be downloading something in the background? I'm currently downloading Conan Exiles game and my game wont load main menu screen at game start, unless i pause downloading.
Then again when i continue downloading, it takes minutes to show custom liveries in saved replays with 10Mbs connection.

Do you mean the thumbnail pictures in your garage are gone? This happens to me periodically (thank you GT Sport update :mad:) What I have to do is get in each car, change the livery, and then it shows up in the garage. I expect you could also do this through the livery editor without actually getting in each car.

Same issue here! I solved it by clearing the network cache within the game and after restore the licenses in the PSN menu under my profile!

Do you happen to be downloading something in the background? I'm currently downloading Conan Exiles game and my game wont load main menu screen at game start, unless i pause downloading.
Then again when i continue downloading, it takes minutes to show custom liveries in saved replays with 10Mbs connection.

As it happens I was downloading at the time, the update for Conan Exiles - which, in my opinion, isn't worth the effort. Still, background tasks haven't caused any problems before. As it stands I still don't have all the thumbnails in my inventory but when I do click on a blank car it immediately shows me my liveries for that car with no problems. I checked before bed last night after having completed the Conan download, cleared the cach & rebooted. Still the same. I left the console in Rest Mode overnight and the vast majority of the thumbnails are back. Not all but most. That'll have to do.

Happens to me quite a bit.
Try this, bring up your garage and just walk away. Might take 10 minutes or so but it should bring them all back up one at a time.
Once this is done you should be back to normal hopefully.

I’ve been experiencing a slowly loading black screen since yesterday. Can’t connect to the network when starting GTSport.

The PlayStation server seems to be down. I’m connected to the internet and logged in, but I don’t see anyone on my friends list and there’s usually a handful of people on whenever I fire up my machine.

I doubt it’s a hardware issue with my PS4.

Edit: restarted the machine and things are back to normal.

Last edited:
Just happening for a long time this morning. Has happened before and I was able to restart my PS4 after one try. This time, it's taking way longer.

Latest Posts

Back