[GTTCC-2] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S2 | xflow1390 is the champion!!!!!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 2,619 comments

What tyres should be available for wet races?

• Sports Soft tyres only

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • SS, Intermediates and Full Wets

• SS and Full wets only

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The result of the time trial will appear in the comments section of that event. Some of the proposal has been left out of the description, but as this is just a test, maybe the full rules will come later.

I can't believe you're asking MAB, I've written the whole thing out twice on the stewards thread... :lol:
I'm sorry, I did read your posts and didn't understand. :( So I explained it in a way that I understood it and get clarification. And your reply does it for me. Thank you for informing. :)

I'm sorry, I did read your posts and didn't understand. :( So I explained it in a way that I understood it and get clarification. And your reply does it for me. Thank you for informing. :)

Ahhh, fair enough m8... Sorry... :cheers:

Like I say, there would be more to it, I have the format in my head ready to go... :D

Set times during the week, it gives people the chance to get in the top 13 and not have to do Pre-Q. :)

I agree. Since we can't have a 107% rule or anything similar, the best bet would probably be to Pre-Qualify. Kinda like the old F1 days where there were 39 cars but only 26 could race. 👍

Can't watching Family Guy with the Mrs. what's your time?

Plus I know there's another 2 tenths to be found. :D

52.385 ;)

I hooked the lap up though, I'd just pitted and had fresh, hot tyres. They lose temp so quickly.

I mean, you could keep the top 13 for GTTCC, but I think for the support races it gives everyone a chance to try to Qualify.

Would people rather we do the top 13 get the locked in spots or set times during the week?
If your concern is that people just turn up and drive without any practice, you should lock the top 13 in and just ask for attendance early on. The remaining drivers should go through the qualification process with time trials, because this method requires at least basic understanding of the rules of GTTCC.

That is my suggestion. :cheers:

52.385 ;)

I hooked the lap up though, I'd just pitted and had fresh, hot tyres. They lose temp so quickly.
I would have another go but it will be disallowed, right?

52.4 is the target for me, 52.3 is a stretch. Needed more practice I suppose but I think 52.7 will cut it. :)

I would have another go but it will be disallowed, right?

52.4 is the target for me, 52.3 is a stretch. Needed more practice I suppose but I think 52.7 will cut it. :)

The way I planned it in my head was this. You can have as many goes as you want. But if you do another Time Trial, your 52.720 is invalid. The time you set on your LAST attempt is the time you take forward. So it adds an element of strategy. Do you risk your existing lap time by trying to go quicker, knowing that if you go slower, it's tough, because you took the gamble.

Does that make sense?

So if you have 5 goes, the fastest lap from your 5th attempt is your Q time. It could be slower than all of your previous efforts, but that doesn't matter, because you took the gamble.

The way I planned it in my head was this. You can have as many goes as you want. But if you do another Time Trial, your 52.720 is invalid. The time you set on your LAST attempt is the time you take forward. So it adds an element of strategy. Do you risk your existing lap time by trying to go quicker, knowing that if you go slower, it's tough, because you took the gamble.

Does that make sense?

So if you have 5 goes, the fastest lap from your 5th attempt is your Q time. It could be slower than all of your previous efforts, but that doesn't matter, because you took the gamble.
Understood. :)

Understood. :)

Cool. It's a different concept, one which using the clubs we can make work, it's just sometimes I struggle to explain things clearly. I just didn't think it was fair to be able to have an unlimited amount of efforts with no potential penalty.

Like I say though, I think as the weekend goes on and more times are laid down that this will become quite a strategic battle. :D

Cool. It's a different concept, one which using the clubs we can make work, it's just sometimes I struggle to explain things clearly. I just didn't think it was fair to be able to have an unlimited amount of efforts with no potential penalty.

Like I say though, I think as the weekend goes on and more times are laid down that this will become quite a strategic battle. :D
It is a good strategy!

I think PD have added something useful for once!

I like the idea.
but I think the top 13 (or whatever number) in the championship standings should be locked in, and this idea should be for the last 3 spots, so this would be the pre Q, it would make the pre Q process neater.

Also if say my car isn't as strong at a certain track as another car is I might not be able to make pre Q, but may of otherwise still done well in the race.

I like the idea.
but I think the top 13 (or whatever number) in the championship standings should be locked in, and this idea should be for the last 3 spots, so this would be the pre Q, it would make the pre Q process neater.

Also if say my car isn't as strong at a certain track as another car is I might not be able to make pre Q, but may of otherwise still done well in the race.
@NinjaEvo @buck1 @MAB96 I think this is a good idea. Those who don't get through can make a room themselves and do some races, we can offer a 'League B' for them so they at least get some races?

Although it's a good idea but i'm not exactly sure the club events will be fair on everyone.

I think top 13 locked in and the rest compete in one Pre-Q race for the rest of the spots. Then those not through can open their own room for races

For GTTCC fair enough but for the Support classes I think people should have to Pre-Q. Last time it was just first come, first served which realistically wasn't fair for everyone. Even if I'm top of the Rocket standings (I know I'm comfortably top 10) I should have to show an understanding of the circuit in order to race. After all, if say the same thing happens as last week where we do Prius after, how are any of the guys who aren't in the Top 13 or advanced from GTTCC Pre-Q gonna have a chance of racing?

On the League B idea, what points would they score?

Will you then use the remaining Points slots in League B then? 17th to 20th aren't going to be used otherwise...
Those results are based on the Pre-Q races which count to the overall championship, you'll see, i'm typing up the results now

Now, race 3 results will be based on the fastest lap in the race

For GTTCC fair enough but for the Support classes I think people should have to Pre-Q. Last time it was just first come, first served which realistically wasn't fair for everyone. Even if I'm top of the Rocket standings (I know I'm comfortably top 10) I should have to show an understanding of the circuit in order to race. After all, if say the same thing happens as last week where we do Prius after, how are any of the guys who aren't in the Top 13 or advanced from GTTCC Pre-Q gonna have a chance of racing?

On the League B idea, what points would they score?
yeah, the GTTCC is iffy but we'll do that with the support races.

I think same as the support race scoring system (F1)

Looking at the links, and I've sent permission to view the contents off. Also, can someone explain the Hard Charger thing to me please?

Those results are based on the Pre-Q races which count to the overall championship, you'll see, i'm typing up the results now

Now, race 3 results will be based on the fastest lap in the race

yeah, the GTTCC is iffy but we'll do that with the support races.

I think same as the support race scoring system (F1)

👍 Cheers pal

Looking at the links, and I've sent permission to view the contents off. Also, can someone explain the Hard Charger thing to me please?
I have closed the links of so no-one can see the points at the moment, I made that mistake before :lol:
Hard charger was the positions gained/lost from your starting position, but I don't think i'll carry on with it

Just did a 52.179 in the rocket :D
nice 👍
I'll start putting the times up on post 3

Back