[GTTCC-2] Gran Turismo Touring Car Championship S2 | xflow1390 is the champion!!!!!Finished 

• Thread starter True-blue-8
  • 2,619 comments

What tyres should be available for wet races?

• Sports Soft tyres only

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • SS, Intermediates and Full Wets

• SS and Full wets only

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BREAKING NEWS!!
Following the break up of Orange Fighters and Swift Autosport, leaving the driver signing field in dismay, the former Orange Fighters team has signed a new contract with Monster Energy®. A team name change has been contracted from the drinks company, meaning that Orange Fighters will now formally be known as Monster Energy® World Racing Team, or MERT for short.

The team will be running contrasting colours for GTTCC-2 than the previous season.
GTTCC-1: Silver body / Orange wheels
GTTCC-2: Black body / Green wheels

The team currently have @1996mikey2412 and @Storm_SP17 contracted to race, with Storm as an independent. However, there is 1 full-time seat open and @FaithlessEmo is rumoured to have been contracted, but nothing is confirmed. Will there be a shock this season?

Will have some news later as well but will wait a bit. Nothing from DPR, just need to get things rolling if we're having an early start.

Also, whoever voted for intermediates can you change your vote to SS / Wets only please as we won't use inters. Any votes there will be classed as wet, so ss tyres wont be compulsory :(

is there anything stopping ss being compulsory up to a certain % of standing water? best of both worlds that way.
well after a certain percentage the ss tyres will be so much slower. If wets are allowed than people may change. You don't have to use wets, use ss tryes at 100% if you want but you'll lose a lot of time so it's pointless

Ok, 4 important things people

A) Ninja and I have put together a rule book for on/off track behaviour. Although it is mostly common knowledge for motorsport, some do not know about these rules. Also, rules specific to the GTTCC and touring car racing is there. Take a look when you can please 👍

B) Looking for stewards, anyone wishing to help please contact me

C) After suggestions, the karting support race may be replaced with something else. A car we all love and will be such fun.... The VW Sambabus :D Opinions on which?

D) On Monday car choice will open to season 1 drivers. So from now I will start opening convo's with people, 3 at a time or so to confirm entry and anything else. Will start now as the new drivers will come first. Please keep a look out for the convo and reply ASAP. Will want to get colours off people too.

Thanks all 👍

Press release on the eve of the final round.

Q. "So how do you feel coming into the final round of the year leading the championship?"

A. "It's been a long hard championship this year with a lot of good hard racing on track and also a lot of distractions off track with team issues. I am loving the racing although it is has been hard with only having full boost twice in the whole championship. I like Apricot Hill Raceway and think that the boost deficit will only affect me in a couple of places. In addition tyre wear seems quite high here too. I am nervous but I'm here to go 110% and that's what I will do"

Q. "What's you aim in the last three races? Are you going to be taking it easy?"

A. "My aims? My aim is to win all three races with fastest lap in all three! Why would it be anything else?"

Q. "You talk about off track distractions and team issues. Care to explain those further?"

A. "You tell me?! Your the one in the media, your the one reporting that this team has split and that team has split and this person needs a new driver and this driver has left.
It's annoying when you want to go out there drive hard and win championships. And when not racing you want support and help with set up and testing."

Q. "So you know where you will be next season?"

A. "I have had no offers so far, although a lot of rumours so it looks like I'm driveless. I may have to keep this Megane and just repaint it. Maybe be sponsored by Ann Summers and bring lingerie clad models to every race meet?
But in all seriousness at the moment the Megane is doing a great job and I would hate to see her go and can't wait for spa. I have prepared a Prius and Rocket next year of a independent entry under a team name to be announced."

Q. "Finally how do you feel about the tyre situation?"

A. "I personally think this is a issue that is effecting motor sports globally and at all levels. I can drive my road car in the pouring rain, why can't we race cars in the pouring rain without crashing?
I'll tell you why, because people go well over the limit then blame the cars, tyres or track. Racing is about who can go to 101% of the limit of the car lap after lap. When it's wet the limit of the car, track and tyre is lower. So the limit you push is lower."

Q. "So how do you feel coming into the final round of the year leading the championship?"

A. "It's been a long hard championship this year with a lot of good hard racing on track and also a lot of distractions off track with team issues. I am loving the racing although it is has been hard with only having full boost twice in the whole championship. I like Apricot Hill Raceway and think that the boost deficit will only affect me in a couple of places. In addition tyre wear seems quite high here too. I am nervous but I'm here to go 110% and that's what I will do"

Q. "What's you aim in the last three races? Are you going to be taking it easy?"

A. "My aims? My aim is to win all three races with fastest lap in all three! Why would it be anything else?"

Q. "You talk about off track distractions and team issues. Care to explain those further?"

A. "You tell me?! Your the one in the media, your the one reporting that this team has split and that team has split and this person needs a new driver and this driver has left.
It's annoying when you want to go out there drive hard and win championships. And when not racing you want support and help with set up and testing."

A. "I have had no offers so far, although a lot of rumours so it looks like I'm driveless. I may have to keep this Megane and just repaint it. Maybe be sponsored by Ann Summers and bring lingerie clad models to every race meet?
But in all seriousness at the moment the Megane is doing a great job and I would hate to see her go and can't wait for spa. I have prepared a Prius and Rocket next year of a independent entry under a team name to be announced."

A. "I personally think this is a issue that is effecting motor sports globally and at all levels. I can drive my road car in the pouring rain, why can't we race cars in the pouring rain without crashing?
I'll tell you why, because people go well over the limit then blame the cars, tyres or track. Racing is about who can go to 101% of the limit of the car lap after lap. When it's wet the limit of the car, track and tyre is lower. So the limit you push is lower."
Nice one mate loved it 👍 :)
Will bust my Talladega night clips out later ;)

ok thanks mikey and smith, any more guys?

yeah, we still have a few days left so don't worry ninja.

I'm hoping to get online and do some test tonight, and determine the laps for each track/class. I haven't seen any objection for the sambabus so I guess it will stay

Nice one mate loved it 👍 :)
Will bust my Talladega night clips out later ;)

ok thanks mikey and smith, any more guys?

yeah, we still have a few days left so don't worry ninja.

I'm hoping to get online and do some test tonight, and determine the laps for each track/class. I haven't seen any objection for the sambabus so I guess it will stay

I'd love to object to the Sambabus, but it's one of those deals where I'm laughing as I'm driving because of it's unbridled power...

We need to test at Fuji... :D

Team name to be announced?

Emo-lution Racing? :D :lol:

So, after the press conference, it became really tense between emo (sacha baran cohen) and yuc (will Ferrell) (ps, they cut the final line out, sacha baron yells 'Will be war!'

Meanwhile the 3rd driver capable of winning the championship was reported being seen in Hawaii

D) On Monday car choice will open to season 1 drivers. So from now I will start opening convo's with people, 3 at a time or so to confirm entry and anything else. Will start now as the new drivers will come first. Please keep a look out for the convo and reply ASAP. Will want to get colours off people too.

Not after tomorrow, or should I say, not after you've confirmed the results and championship standings?

Not after tomorrow, or should I say, not after you've confirmed the results and championship standings?
I'll be putting results up Thursday as per usual and it will take a few days for new drivers to decide their cars. So those even at the bottom of the table will have time

Will open a test room tonight, if anyone is about tonight it would be great if you could pop in 👍

I've been asked about Pre season, well here's the plan, you are not required to join but would help if you do, even if for the pre-Q

Room will open about 18:00 GMT we will have a 10 minute race at each track with a 5 minute break inbetween, just so we can see if there's any issues with cars.

Then after this i will host two 15 minute qualifying sessions at the Nurburgring. You will set your best time. If people have not yet set their time that day, then I will arrange another day during the week for them to set their time. The top 13 times will be given the 13 locked in spots

Yeah I know, I found it weird too mate, but the Scooby is actually quicker than the other two with the same weight

It boggled me too mate, and if you can answer it then i'll ask you :lol: 👍

lol, when are you coming on?

Yeah I know, I found it weird too mate, but the Scooby is actually quicker than the other two with the same weight

It boggled me too mate, and if you can answer it then i'll ask you :lol: 👍

Apparently I'm standard form the subaru is more aggressive in its set up. Apparently the scion and Toyota is softer.

Back