Guess the Metacritic Score - GT7 Edition

• Thread starter Imari
  • 228 comments

What do you think the Critic average on Metacritic will be for GT7?

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • 95-99

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • 90-94

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • 85-89

Votes: 131 37.6%
  • 80-84

Votes: 45 12.9%
  • 75-79

Votes: 13 3.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • 60-69

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Below 60

Votes: 65 18.7%

• Total voters
This is calculated will full grinding all day everyday, so stop with this nonsense as no sane person does that. I'm talking about playing normally... with some griding every now and then if you want, but you can not pretend people would do that 100% of the time, it's ridiculous.
Proof that you didn't even read my findings. I gave times both with AND without grinding. Neither were "full grinding all day everyday" either. They're pure hours, whether you do it one hour a day or 20 hours a day. 80 hours is 80 hours.

Both were far less than GT7 WITH grinding. Here, let me give you the TL;DR.

GT1 - 25-40 hours to complete the content, 28 "extra" hours to get all cars.
GT2 - 50-70 hours to complete the content, 10-30 "extra" hours to get all cars.
GT3 - 70 - 150 hours to complete the content, 8-10 "extra" hours to get all cars.
GT4 - 175-250 hours to complete the content, 20-100 "extra" hours to get all the cars.
GT7 - 30-50 hours to complete the content, 470-4000 hours to get all the cars.

The lower end of the extra times is with grinding, the higher end is without it.

So, tell us again how the old games were the same. Tell me how 4050 hours is the same as 350.

Last edited:
Proof that you didn't even read my findings. I gave times both with AND without grinding. Both were far less than GT7 WITH grinding. Here, let me give you the TL;DR.

GT3 - 70 - 150 hours to complete the content, 8-10 "extra" hours to get all cars.
GT4 - 175-250 hours to complete the content, 20-100 "extra" hours to get all the cars.

The lower end of the extra times is with grinding, the higher end is without it.

So, tell us again how the old games were the same. Tell me how 4050 hours is the same as 350.
Looks terrible for GT7 doesn't it

I thought GT4 had some cars that were very difficult to get, because of the infrequency they became available in the UCD?
It also had a really easy grindable event, with a sellable prize car that could be won repeatedly.

None of GT1-GT4 could be updated, and we expect that GT7 will have regular updates.
We don't know, but I think the community expects the content updates to be free. If they aren't I expect that the backlash against PD & Sony will be huge. Surely the Group 1 events will have higher payouts, which will bring down the ratio above.

Looks terrible for GT7 doesn't it

I thought GT4 had some cars that were very difficult to get, because of the infrequency they became available in the UCD?
It also had a really easy grindable event, with a sellable prize car that could be won repeatedly.

None of GT1-GT4 could be updated, and we expect that GT7 will have regular updates.
We don't know, but I think the community expects the content updates to be free. If they aren't I expect that the backlash against PD & Sony will be huge. Surely the Group 1 events will have higher payouts, which will bring down the ratio above.
I haven't played GT4 in a least a decade so my memory is a bit rusty but really the biggest difference between the two games is how much content GT4 has available for the player. As you can see, it's by far the longest of the first four games in that regard, and upwards of 5x longer than GT7.

How on earth can that happen? How can you release a game in 2022 with 5x less content than a game you released in 2004? Well, we know how, but it's sad. "We'll add it in an update".

I wonder how many of those "downvoters" are related to xbox/microsoft... Anyone can make multiple accounts and upvote/downvote what they want, that's why you people should never take metacritic scores too seriously.
Its a ridiculous thing all in all, downright insane.

I mean yes sure the game feels quite incomplete, money system is nonsense right now, and so much lacking in 1 player events, and lobbies are half baked, but other than that... The game's just brilliant.
Much improved physics, improved sounds, best ever tuning system in GT, great visuals...
I seriously doubt that the vast majority of people that are review bombing GT7 there are only doing it because they're "spiteful forza fanboys".
It's hard to understand the statistics, to be clear. But to be that suspicious about the user reviews.. daft

Last edited:
Oh, let me guess.

Gr.1 races will be 200k with the clean race bonus. Wow nice, almost twice the payout of the one that pays the most (WTC 800 Le Mans at 105k with clean race).

And then you notice that it took over half an hour to an hour to finish.

I predict that this is exactly what's going to happen.

I haven't played GT4 in a least a decade so my memory is a bit rusty but really the biggest difference between the two games is how much content GT4 has available for the player. As you can see, it's by far the longest of the first four games in that regard, and upwards of 5x longer than GT7.

How on earth can that happen? How can you release a game in 2022 with 5x less content than a game you released in 2004? Well, we know how, but it's sad. "We'll add it in an update".
In terms of content, I think that GT4 was the gold standard for a game that was solely a single-player experience.
I never struggled for content throughout GT5/6/S - but I admit that GT7 is looking pretty thin so far. I've not run out yet - but I hope we get new content soon. Especially important as I've yet to get into the online races like I did in GTS
Oh, let me guess.

Gr.1 races will be 200k with the clean race bonus. Wow nice, almost twice the payout of the one that pays the most (WTC 800 Le Mans at 105k with clean race).

And then you notice that it took over half an hour to an hour to finish.

I predict that this is exactly what's going to happen.
I think you are probably right about this. Fortunately for me, I'm not that interested in getting all of the high-value cars - in GT5/6/S I found limited opportunity to use them. There were a few historic races in these games, but not enough to warrant the grind!

dude, what are you talking about?
are you living in like a parallel universe or something? it was promised that there would not be mtxs
and later, when polyphony felt it is not "half baked" any more, they broke their promise.
Let me remind you the reality of things:

View attachment 1128075
I knew that, so why you try to correct people that aren't wrong, whats your aim?

Proof that you didn't even read my findings. I gave times both with AND without grinding. Neither were "full grinding all day everyday" either. They're pure hours, whether you do it one hour a day or 20 hours a day. 80 hours is 80 hours.

Both were far less than GT7 WITH grinding. Here, let me give you the TL;DR.

Now you need to add tuning parts to these numbers, so they will increase a bit more.
And in general people dont play like robots, they waste time and mess around too, so those numbers are over simplified rubbish that dont reflect reality.
Also please don't put words on my mouth? Never said it was the same, i just said in all GTs you need to spend a lot of time to fully complete it (playing mormally)

so those numbers are over simplified rubbish that dont reflect reality.
He put in the effort to get numbers, rather than making a galaxy brained thread about a topic with an obviously false premise while noting "I haven't actually checked the numbers" like you did.

Also please don't put words on my mouth? Never said it was the same,
You literally made an entire thread telling people that it was.

IMG_20220324_062733.jpg

You argued with multiple people about it being true for multiple pages.

Lying about it is even more desperate than all of your other posts on the topic have been.

Last edited:
Replying to my own post, because I was interested in the change, of a score that, apparently PD does not care very much about. Or are unable to find ways to develop some positivity among the more vocal dissatisfied users.

Overall score down to 1.8

Positive ratings, increased by 202 to 887
Mixed ratings, increased by 36 to 154
Negative ratings, increased by 3,427 to 5,385
But this represents a really small proportion of the entire player base

I really didn't expect any gift as a result of the servers being down, nor any more than a message from Kaz. However, it does seem as though PD have got themselves into a rut, and I'm not sure that they have the capability to get themselves out. Someone mentioned Driveclub in an earlier post, who ended up with a great game, despite a difficult start. I do wonder if we are seeing the beginning of the end for Gran Turismo.
I am pleased with the news that Kaz/PD has just announced

Maybe Metacritic will be at the bottom of the curve? So I thought I'd update this

Overall score down to 1.5

Positive ratings increased by 115 to 1002
Mixed ratings increased by 20 to 174
Negative ratings increased by 2126 to 7511

I am hoping that the million credit gift and the increased content and payouts will make everyone happier!

I am pleased with the news that Kaz/PD has just announced

Maybe Metacritic will be at the bottom of the curve? So I thought I'd update this

Overall score down to 1.5

Positive ratings increased by 115 to 1002
Mixed ratings increased by 20 to 174
Negative ratings increased by 2126 to 7511

I am hoping that the million credit gift and the increased content and payouts will make everyone happier!
Happier but it's maybe not enough. I need numbers first. What about paid time trials? Maybe they don't know the game? Looks like another lie.

currently down to 2.0, but there are a few new dozen in the last several days. a couple of positive reviews marked down for the FFB situation.

i don't think its a 2.0/10 game, but i do believe the game reflects 20% of its potential. if they had released a new track and cars people were interested in, i do think it would be in the 4/5 range. if they had done those things and fixed lobbies by now, it could be higher.

metacritic score isn't a great indicator for if a game is good or not, but it does illustrate the relationship between a game and its fans. these plans for tv shows and movies are presumably based on the religious following GT enjoys across the world, but its reasonable to ask if that loyalty will still be there if this is what GT7 is going to offer.

currently down to 2.0, but there are a few new dozen in the last several days. a couple of positive reviews marked down for the FFB situation.

i don't think its a 2.0/10 game, but i do believe the game reflects 20% of its potential. if they had released a new track and cars people were interested in, i do think it would be in the 4/5 range. if they had done those things and fixed lobbies by now, it could be higher.

metacritic score isn't a great indicator for if a game is good or not, but it does illustrate the relationship between a game and its fans. these plans for tv shows and movies are presumably based on the religious following GT enjoys across the world, but its reasonable to ask if that loyalty will still be there if this is what GT7 is going to offer.
If they had responded to the criticism in a quick and satisfying way, the score would definitely be getting close to a passing grade by now. However, it's now two months later and they've barely done anything. There are now a grand total of four races with half-decent payouts, they've added maybe one or two cars that people care about, and they've made the UCD and LCD somewhat less annoying to deal with. No new tracks. Though I must say they've made the physics a lot better. It's just not enough, and it's all taking way too long.

Last edited:
Back