Guess the Metacritic Score - GT7 Edition

• Thread starter Imari
  • 228 comments

What do you think the Critic average on Metacritic will be for GT7?

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • 95-99

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • 90-94

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • 85-89

Votes: 131 37.6%
  • 80-84

Votes: 45 12.9%
  • 75-79

Votes: 13 3.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • 60-69

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Below 60

Votes: 65 18.7%

• Total voters
Why many insist in the MTX nonsense? Nobody forces you to use them. And I don't know anybody (IRL) who would spend a single cent on that.
For now we can simply wait for event updates and use those 80-90 prize cars which are quite a bunch.
I bought whole game 14 days ago and I want to play with all cars. Do I really want too much from the real racing simulator?

Why should I wait for anything? I spent the money already. Give me my cars!

No offense and I say this with all due respect, but if you don’t get it by this point you should probably just let it go and accept that fact that you don’t quite understand the nuance of the situation. I already know that explaining this will lead to a needless internet argument that no one has time for anymore.
Surely I get it, some people have no patience whatsoever. And I'm saying to those... try to get some
I bought whole game 14 days ago and I want to play with all cars. Do I really want too much from the real racing simulator?

Why should I wait for anything? I spent the money already. Give me my cars!
Did they say that by paying the game price you would instantly have all those cars ready to drive?
This point has been proven categorically false considering how the game was effectively designed around them, so you're either forced to use them, or grind untenably to get anywhere (and as such, inflate GT7's play time numbers to look good for stock holders and Sony)
For now I haven't been forced yet to use MTX. If some day I am, I'll come back and say it.

True, but don't you think the inclusion of MTs has affected the design of the game economy?
The game econonmy is still half baked, so is the entire game in fact. That's what many people don't understand.
Gotta wait for updates. I think the game should have been released at late 2022 and not 2 weeks ago, that's the problem.
But I'm fine with it, can do plenty of stuff with those prize cars.

Last edited:
For now I haven't been forced yet to use MTX. If some day I am, I'll come back and say it.
Yet the specter of MTX's are always there, as a little pop up on any and every menu that requires you to spend credits. Even if you don't spend the real money in order to get it, the fact that it's there is incredibly worrying considering how far Polyphony is intent on taking things.

That's how games work. If not, they should tell us game has 10 cars and everything else is paid. Reality is it earned them 1.6. Maybe I am not the only one who wants to play with my content.
Are you new to the series? Because in GT games you never got all cars from thay one, you gotta earn game credits to buy them. And no not necessary to spend real money, that's just optional. Yes its hard to grind in game credits ATM but I'm pretty sure that will change with updates.

Last edited:
GT7 should be NEGATIVE 1.3! It’s such a shame, too, because the game has so much potential, ruined by Kazflation and dysfunctional multiplayer.
Beating the world record on metacritic will be enough of a message imo.
Like how the EA message about "sense of pride and accomplisment" on reddit that became the most downvoted reddit message ever.

Are you new to the series? Because in GT games you never got all cars from thay one, you gotta earn game credits to buy them. And no not necessary to spend real money, that's just optional. Yes its hard to grind in game credits ATM but I'm pretty sure that will change with updates.
It's not day one and I played for more than 50 hours. Most gamers will be done after this time.

Does YongYea ever do anything but put articles/web pages on the screen and read them aloud?
Is there something wrong with aggregating content to summarize for convenience's sake? Settling for scouring the internet and finding and reading all this content ourselves would be like running your own races in GT7 to earn credits.

Yes its very hard to get in game credits ATM but I'm pretty sure that will change with updates.
We can only judge the game on the state it's in right now, and that's absurdly grindy, a grind that actually got worse with an update!

As such I'm not sure many share your confidence that an update will solve that particular problem.

Nor are people being impatient, GT7's game design is woeful (a series trend to a degree, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable). It is not unrealistic that a game be design so that the content (cars and tracks) it contains are fully utilised with the curated events it has to offer you (races, championships, missions, etc). GT7 doesn't even come close in that regard. Furthermore, completion of all these events, should, with good game design, allow you to then own most of the content in the game.

Any future content you add to the game (DLC) should then also be supported by related events, completion of which providing enough to own this new content.

Keep in mind that we have GT7 with entire classes of cars that no curated event exist for, and completion of all the curated events will not provide resources to obtain anything close to the car list total. Nor are we talking about something that would have been challenging to implement for PD, simply lifting all the race and championship events from GTS would've been a better start that we have now.

Other titles on the market can do this, no reason exists that GT7 couldn't have done it, with the exception of GTS and GTP, every other GT title released had a significantly better content to event balance than GT7 has.

Last edited:
It's not day one and I played for more than 50 hours. Most gamers will be done after this time.
Since GT4 you had to spend a ridiculous amount of hours (far far more than 50) to get the full collection of cars.

We can only judge the game on the state it's in right now, and that's absurdly grindy, a grind that actually got worse with an update!

As such I'm not sure many share your confidence that an update will solve that particular problem.

Nor are people being impatient, GT7's game design is woeful (a series trend to a degree, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable). It is not unrealistic that a game be design so that the content (cars and tracks) it contains are fully utilised with the curated events it has to offer you (races, championships, missions, etc). GT7 doesn't even come close in that regard. Furthermore, completion of all these events, should, with good game design, allow you to then own most of the content in the game.

Any future content you add to the game (DLC) should then also be supported by related events, completion of which providing enough to own this new content.

Keep in mind that we have GT7 with entire classes of cars that no curated event exist for, and completion of all the curated events will not provide resources to obtain anything close to the car list total. Nor are we talking about something that would have been challenging to implement for PD, simply lifting all the race and championship events from GTS would've been a better start that we have now.

Other titles on the market can do this, no reason exists that GT7 couldn't have done it, with the exception of GTS and GTP, every other GT title released had a significantly better content to event balance than GT7 has.
Remember GT Sport when it came out? The game was so half baked aswell, even more than GT7. Almost zero 1-player events. It improved a hell of a lot. GT7 reminds me quite a bit of GT Sport when it came out in this regard

Last edited:
Remember GT Sport when it came out? The game was so half baked aswell, even more than GT7. Almost zero 1-player events. It improved a hell of a lot. GT7 reminds me quite a bit of GT Sport when it came out in this regard
Indeed. GTS wasn't even half a game at launch. I find GT7 a lot better now, even though some things leave a lot to be desired.

It got price-dropped right on release.
I bought it for like 18-19 euros a week or ten days after release.
So lets not present it as a "good" example, when it was practically the opposite.

I do remember when GTS came out, it seems however that you've forgotten a few key differences.

• GTS was never advertised as being focused on single-player, quite literally the opposite.
  • GTS was sold as a budget title, retailing for £35 RRP, GT7 is a full price release at £60/£70
  • GTS had zero microtransactions at launch
That GT7 reminds you of GTS at launch is part of the problem, GT7 isn't a a side release in the series, was advertised as a return to a single-player focus, is a full price first party studio with microtransactions added on top of that.

For GT7 to remind you of GTS in these areas means it's failed to deliver on what it's own advertising claimed it would do!

No. No you have not.

But what a surprise, you mouth off on things you don't know, even when others have done the leg work and have proven your points as false.
This is calculated will full grinding all day everyday, so stop with this nonsense as no sane person does that. I'm talking about playing normally... with some griding every now and then if you want, but you can not pretend people would do that 100% of the time, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:
I do remember when GTS came out, it seems however that you've forgotten a few key differences.

• GTS was never advertised as being focused on single-player, quite literally the opposite.
  • GTS was sold as a budget title, retailing for £35 RRP, GT7 is a full price release at £60/£70
  • GTS had zero microtransactions at launch
That GT7 reminds you of GTS at launch is part of the problem, GT7 isn't a a side release in the series, was advertised as a return to a single-player focus, is a full price first party studio with microtransactions added on top of that.

For GT7 to remind you of GTS in these areas means it's failed to deliver on what it's own advertising claimed it would do!
GTS had also microtransactions, it was so much half baked that they didn't even include them at launch.
But the essence of GT Sport was quite similar to the rest of GTs anyway, collect cars and race them, just with more focus on online than previous ones. No matter how they advertised it, it was what it was.

Last edited:
GTS had also microtransactions, it was so much half baked that they didn't even include them at launch.
I know, I just said that, you even quoted it!

"GTS had zero microtransactions at launch"
But the essence of GT Sport was quite similar to the rest of GTs anyway, collect cars and race them, just with more focus on online than previous ones.
No it's not. How you can claim to be a fan of the series and come out with that is quite astonishing.

For me below 60. As a top split driver I already knew that controllers would not be competitive so it's not an issue. So I got my drivehub to work with my wheel set up and I cannot, change, my wheel, rotation, manually. It's f'in 2022 and they still have not gotten it through their thick skulls that this needs to be a manual setting. I do not feel like playing this game if my cars are going to drive like a boat because I cannot change this. For reference, I lock my wheel around 220 to 270 degrees of rotation. 220 for road cars as they are unresponsive in most games, 240-270 for race cars. 360 is my absolute max which is something I NEVER use. So as if of right now,, GT7 is completely unplayable for me because of this. Will they fix this? Probably F'in not.

I know, I just said that, you even quoted it!

"GTS had zero microtransactions at launch"

No it's not. How you can claim to be a fan of the series and come out with that is quite astonishing.
You're free to disagree :) if gt sport had the gt7 tuning system, and the used car dealerships, both would be very similar

From GT5 onwards, I buy Gran Turismo on day 1, but consider that I've bought the Beta version, or early access game.

I do not think that any of GT5/6/S or 7 were launched on day 1 as a complete game.
Whether they should be, or whether PD communicate adequately is another question.

Or, to put this another way, does anyone expect that GT7 will be largely the same game in 12, or possibly even in 6 months' time?

[To be clear, I am not satisfied with GT7 at the moment, I think it is both very good in some areas, but severely hobbled and unnecessarily so in other aspects].

Last edited:
Since GT4 you had to spend a ridiculous amount of hours (far far more than 50) to get the full collection of cars.
You barely had to play GT4 (or GT5) at all to get all of the content in it. In addition to the hours nonsense you're spewing being just that, this was also pointed out to your second dedicated thread to telling people to stop complaining about how much of a mess GT7 is; where you claimed that the grind is as bad as it always has been and are now lying about it here since it was shown to you by multiple people (including the person who literally wrote the encyclopedia) that wasn't true.

Surely I get it, some people have no patience whatsoever. And I'm saying to those... try to get some
You evidently don't because you seemingly only post in this subforum to say dumb things about the franchise that are easily disproven by anyone who has touched a single one of the previous games.

This is calculated will full grinding all day everyday, so stop with this nonsense as no sane person does that.
If that's not done, why has PD released two cars on their FOMO dealership that would require exactly that.

More curious, why did you go out of your way to make a thread claiming the opposite was true.

Gotta wait for updates. I think the game should have been released at late 2022 and not 2 weeks ago, that's the problem.
Nothing about the game as it is now has anything to do with the release date it was given. More events would have been something so trivial to add to the game that they could have done so while the game was down. Deliberate design decisions (which the microtransaction system implementation obviously was) aren't going to change just because they have more time. This was pointed out to you in your first dedicated thread telling people to stop complaining about how much of a mess GT7 is; and even if you didn't want to bother with reading that because it goes against you licking boots, some common sense should come into play that their solution to people grinding events to win cars was to lower event payouts.

In addition to what Scaff noted (that I'm sure you'll ignore) about how GT Sport was not remotely marketed in the same way GT7 was, GT6 was a disaster that they never bothered fixing, despite having virtually all of the prelease materials being that they would make substantial improvements to the game after launch. And GT5 was a disaster that it took them a year to fix.

That's acceptable?

Last edited:
But the essence of GT Sport was quite similar to the rest of GTs anyway, collect cars and race them, just with more focus on online than previous ones. No matter how they advertised it, it was what it was.
dude, what are you talking about?
are you living in like a parallel universe or something? it was promised that there would not be mtxs
and later, when polyphony felt it is not "half baked" any more, they broke their promise.
Let me remind you the reality of things:

1648070722452.png

Latest Posts

Back