Guess the Metacritic Score - GT7 Edition

• Thread starter Imari
  • 228 comments

What do you think the Critic average on Metacritic will be for GT7?

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • 95-99

Votes: 11 3.2%
  • 90-94

Votes: 60 17.2%
  • 85-89

Votes: 131 37.6%
  • 80-84

Votes: 45 12.9%
  • 75-79

Votes: 13 3.7%
  • 70-74

Votes: 9 2.6%
  • 60-69

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • Below 60

Votes: 65 18.7%

• Total voters
O.Z
Nah,

GT3 > GT4 and it's not even close imo
GT3 literally has nothing that beats GT4... Nothing. Be it cars, tracks, events, content, physics, graphics, AI (GT3 has the worst rubberbanding ever), and even soundtrack.

Don't get me wrong, GT3 for me was an enjoyable game and a great game, but just after 2 years getting bombed with GT4, it just put GT3 in the dust. GT4 for me was a solid 95 out of 100. GT3 was more like a 85. GT2 for me is the 2nd best in the series. GT3 is 3rd.

That is NOT the sole reason; far from it:

-Only 2/5 of the traditional career/offline mode being in tact as we don't have IB/IA/S races (resulting in a 15hr-20 game instead of 100+ hr like the other numbered entries)

-Always online; we've already seen why this is a cancerous idea, and to add to that, the game has a shelf-life. No going back and playing it 10 years from now. When the servers are shut off, the game is lost forever.

-The poor payouts that turned into mobile-game economy payouts after the credit nerf.

-Highly sought-after game mechanics like engine swaps being locked to a rigged roulette system.

-The absolute snail's pace with which the UCD/Legend dealers update.

-First time in series history we cannot sell cars we bought.

If you think this is just about macro-transactions you've either not been paying attention or have deliberately plunged your head in the sand. This game deserves the critical beating it's been receiving.
This man^ gets it. The 0 rating people aren't trolls (or rather, a very big minority is, but that's in everything in life) but people that are simply massively disappointed with the game.

I myself have the urge to just give it a 1 or a 0 myself. The disappointment I have gotten from this game is the biggest in my 20+ years of gaming life.
I really can't find anything worse. And I would actually ask someone to point me out something more disappointing than GT7.

I liked the way cars handled in GT3's licence tests over GT4. That's more of a preference thing though, I'm sure GT4 had better physics but I loved the way the cars could slide in GT3

And I would actually ask someone to point me out something more disappointing than GT7.
Virtual On Marz for Playstation 2. Coming off of the insanely detailed and meticulously varied movement and attack options of Virtual On Oratorio Tangram, this game to this day remains my largest multimedia disappointment.

VOM, seen as a sorta home version port of Virtual On Force,[which played more like the series first title Operation Moongate] lacked armor mechanics, double jumps, fully realized attacks from past games and far clunkier controls than any of the past entries. I will say though...after looking back it about a decade or so after it came out...my hype for the game really is what crushed. Its prequel is my favorite game ever and expecting it to far surpass the aforementioned predecessor was a grave mistake.

Granted GT7 is in a different frame of reference from these Virtual On games, but I just wanted to answer your question lol 😂

I guess that many on here will have a few suggestions, that they feel sure will sort out GT7 (as it is now). However, we are missing quite a large amount of significant information to be sure that 'our' changes would be better than PD/Kaz/Sony's long-term strategy.

- We don't know when GT8 is planned for, and which consol this will target.
This determines the lifespan that GT7 needs to last for
  • We don't know the player base numbers, either now, or how this is expected to change over the lifetime of GT7. We don't even have the data for GTS to base this on.
  • We don't know what content is ready to go, nor what is in the pipeline. We can guess that this will be released to keep interest in GT7 over its expected lifespan, maybe slowing down the releases as the games moves further along its lifespan.
  • We don't know what capacity PD have to create more content
  • We have no idea about how PD is financed, or how its budget for developing GT7 further is laidout

Without this, I suspect that many would increase the number of events and increase the payout. When more obvious high payouts were available before these got fixed pretty quickly. Selling AMG VGT, and the Nurburgring pit entry are two that come to mind. These incidentally hid complaints about the economy in those games as well. What might be forgotten, is that there are only 424 cars in GT7 at the moment. I guess that most players, who got GT7 on day 1, will have a garage with over a hundred cars in it already. I suspect, this is one of the reasons why the economy is the way it is.

I wonder if, LCD is meant to merely showcase cars that we hope to get hold of in a year or two time? I really cannot imagine that when they were carefully developing this game, PD/Kaz really thought seriously that people will expect the McLaren F1, Porsche 917, etc in their garage right now.

I do think that the economy is flawed, but I think the communication/presentation for the LCD is/was seriously flawed. I suspect that they have developed the game to be a journey lasting several years. Yes, if you are rich enough, then someone can spend millions to buy a real car collection in a relatively short amount of time. But then that model is represented by MTX!
I totally see where your coming from and i cant speak for others but i seriously would expect to have enough credits to be able to buy some of the cars that i want within 6 months of buying the game,the thought of waiting a year or more is plain wrong.Its a game,not a lifelong drudge,thinking`oh in a few months i may have enough credits for car a or car b`.
I have so far about 70 odd cars in my garage through playing the game or buying but some of them i wont look twice at,i dont expect all the high end cars to be available to me on day one,thats not the sort of game GT is and i accept that.
The 2 x 18,000,000 cars in the LCD is a piss take to be quite honest,i havent the time or inclination to sit on my game for 8 hrs a day grinding to amass credits,im currently at 9,000,000 credits and just finished the WTC 600 cup.A few more menus and it will be major grind time,either that or leave the game alone until some major content update and increase in payouts.
Rantover,i dont wish to start any arguements just my take on it.stay safe.👍

Virtual On Marz for Playstation 2. Coming off of the insanely detailed and meticulously varied movement and attack options of Virtual On Oratorio Tangram, this game to this day remains my largest multimedia disappointment.

VOM, seen as a sorta home version port of Virtual On Force,[which played more like the series first title Operation Moongate] lacked armor mechanics, double jumps, fully realized attacks from past games and far clunkier controls than any of the past entries. I will say though...after looking back it about a decade or so after it came out...my hype for the game really is what crushed. Its prequel is my favorite game ever and expecting it to far surpass the aforementioned predecessor was a grave mistake.

Granted GT7 is in a different frame of reference from these Virtual On games, but I just wanted to answer your question lol 😂
Did you literally just make an account to answer his question so thoroughly? :D also welcome to the forums!

Last edited:

Hmm, I don't know that game and it isn't a AAA game. I'm talking about games that created unsurmountable amounts of hype around the entire community and ended up in massive disappointments.

As you yourself stated, it was your own hype 😅

For reference, GTA 5 announcement to be re-re-released to the PS5, didn't disappoint me as much as GT7. Now that's saying something.

Last edited:
R3V
Yeah about the current status of the game, not Sony's new short sighted cash grabbing execs.
Unless you have some substantial proof to back up claims, it would be just a rant piece. I'm not sure that's what GTP is about.

EDIT: BTW, for those who do not know what Fast & Furious Crossroads is (and who can blame them for not knowing :P): it had 54 concurrent players at launch on Steam while the Marketing Manager/wannabe DJ was posting on Twitter how full the rooms were. :lol: Oh, and the 54 players was also the highest number of concurrent players ever in its lifetime. That's the level of bad there. :P

Last edited:
Unless you have some substantial proof to back up claims, it would be just a rant piece. I'm not sure that's what GTP is about.

EDIT: BTW, for those who do not know what Fast & Furious Crossroads is (and who can blame them for not knowing :P): it had 54 concurrent players at launch on Steam while the Marketing Manager/wannabe DJ was posting on Twitter how full the rooms were. :lol: Oh, and the 54 players was also the highest number of concurrent players ever in its lifetime. That's the level of bad there. :P
Too funny mate. Seems almost like job description for Marketing these days is equivalent to lying about everything for the clout. LOL one has to wonder what his resume looks like. I bet it's like "CEO of ...."

Last edited:
It's pretty obvious that nobody rating the game actually thinks it is 0/10. I'm not sure why Metacritic even goes that low, surely an actual 0/10 simply does not function. At all. Not even a little bit. But yeah, clearly GT7 is not a 0/10 game and nobody really thinks it is.

They're doing it to send a message, they're not trolls. Well OK some are, metacritic always has exclusive games trolled by obsessive fans of the "other" side. But most I'd wager are genuine, frustrated GT players.

Will the message work? I kinda doubt it to be honest. Publishers absolutely care about the professional review metascore but I doubt they care about the user score all that much. Seasoned gamers know that the scores are easily manipulated without a requirement of playing the game and most casual players don't even know what metacritic is, let alone check it regularly. Is 9 year old Timmy's mom checking Metacritic user scores before she goes and buys him a game? No.

Sure, this has generated a few headlines on some sites but again, not really a big noise in the grand scheme of things.

There is only ONE thing PD are going to really take notice of. Player activity numbers. If those are lower than they expected or desired, then they will be much more likely to act.

Last edited:
Lol, looking at poll results, I knew there were crazy people here.

The bad part is those people are hurting this game. Imagine if we all felt like those people, the people that gave 100 or even above 90, hell above 80! That means we are okay with MTX, we are okay with cars from 2017, still no crash/damage on cars, only 400 cars, no offline play, unrealistic prices while lowering payout, graphics a big let down too.

Last edited:
The disappointment I have gotten from this game is the biggest in my 20+ years of gaming life.
I really can't find anything worse. And I would actually ask someone to point me out something more disappointing than GT7.
Mafia III, after the great game that was Mafia II

GT3 literally has nothing that beats GT4... Nothing. Be it cars, tracks, events, content, physics, graphics, AI (GT3 has the worst rubberbanding ever), and even soundtrack.
The AI in GT4 is easily worse than any game in the franchise before or after it (it should be telling that Chase the Rabbit started there and was being used as an obvious crutch even then); and the physics are significantly more enjoyable in GT3 than "every car always understeers in all situations" even if there's some standard by which they could be considered notably less realistic than GT4 that still matters in 2022.

The peak PS2 GT game would be GT4's content/structure/graphics tied to GT3's engine.

Last edited:
I wonder how many of those "downvoters" are related to xbox/microsoft... Anyone can make multiple accounts and upvote/downvote what they want, that's why you people should never take metacritic scores too seriously.
Its a ridiculous thing all in all, downright insane.

I mean yes sure the game feels quite incomplete, money system is nonsense right now, and so much lacking in 1 player events, and lobbies are half baked, but other than that... The game's just brilliant.
Much improved physics, improved sounds, best ever tuning system in GT, great visuals...

Last edited:
I wonder how many of those "downvoters" are related to xbox/microsoft... Anyone can make multiple accounts and upvote/downvote what they want, that's why you people should never take metacritic scores too seriously.

I mean yes sure the game feels quite incomplete, money system is nonsense right now, and so much lacking in 1 player events, and lobbies are half baked, but other than that... The game's just brilliant.
Much improved physics, improved sounds, best ever tuning system in GT, great visuals...
No, the game is half-baked which is OK. Every GT in last 10 years was similar. The problem is with greedy approach. Nobody likes it.

Doesn't matter. This should be like this after what PD has done...

Great physics/sound tuning system etc. Just make it even more sad that this game has to have ruined economy system to push MTX. I hope this is the way PD will hear us and repair this game. Because it has potential.

No, the game is half-baked which is OK. Every GT in last 10 years was similar. The problem is with greedy approach. Nobody likes it.
Doesn't matter. This should be like this after what PD has done...

Great physics/sound tuning system etc. Just make it even more sad that this game has to have ruined economy system to push MTX. I hope this is the way PD will hear us and repair this game. Because it has potential.
Why many insist in the MTX nonsense? Nobody forces you to use them. And I don't know anybody (IRL) who would spend a single cent on that.
For now we can simply wait for event updates and use those 80-90 prize cars which are quite a bunch.

Why many insist in the MTX nonsense? Nobody forces you to use them. And I don't know anybody (IRL) who would spend a single cent on that.
For now we can simply wait for event updates and use those 80-90 prize cars which are quite a bunch.
No offense and I say this with all due respect, but if you don’t get it by this point you should probably just let it go and accept that fact that you don’t quite understand the nuance of the situation. I already know that explaining this will lead to a needless internet argument that no one has time for anymore.

Latest Posts

Back