Guess the release month

• Thread starter CSLACR
  • 64 comments

When will the GTS beta release?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How long do these open betas/ early access programs usually go for? I mean lets say GTS beta release is announced at E3 for September, say they meet their new deadline and it comes out. How long would be it be until you get the full game?

If it really is a beta and not just a mostly finished game called a beta, a minimum of 4 to 6 months is a good bet.

Clarification: Betas are usually almost 100% feature-complete.

As far as a serious prediction, however, I'm going with July because that's what my gut tells me. It's still anyone's guess, though.

A true beta is indeed feature complete, that is literally the definition of one. If the code is not feature complete it's not a beta. What Johnny was getting at is that many games these days release a "beta" which in reality is far beyond the beta stage and is simply a demo taken from around the Release Candidate phase, put out to the public a month or less before the final game releases. Those are not really betas, they're just marketing demos designed to get people interested in the product. They might still take feedback from them on board but there is no time to fix anything or make changes in time for the main game release. You need at least 3/4 months for that, usually more.

So, GTS could have a true beta at least 5-6 months before release of the full game, leaving them enough time to actually make changes and fix bugs in time for release or they could release nothing more than a marketing demo a month before the release date and it could be several months into the final game before any changes or fixes from the beta are implemented.

Feels a familiar saying round these parts but we can only wait and see.

As far as a serious prediction, however, I'm going with July because that's what my gut tells me. It's still anyone's guess, though.
What @Samus said. If it's really a beta it's going to be several months at a minimum between release of the beta and the final game. If it's just a demo in disguise and they really don't need or aren't going to incorporate any significant feedback from players then it could be 30 days or any number of days really.

A true beta is indeed feature complete, that is literally the definition of one. If the code is not feature complete it's not a beta. What Johnny was getting at is that many games these days release a "beta" which in reality is far beyond the beta stage and is simply a demo taken from around the Release Candidate phase, put out to the public a month or less before the final game releases. Those are not really betas, they're just marketing demos designed to get people interested in the product. They might still take feedback from them on board but there is no time to fix anything or make changes in time for the main game release. You need at least 3/4 months for that, usually more.

So, GTS could have a true beta at least 5-6 months before release of the full game, leaving them enough time to actually make changes and fix bugs in time for release or they could release nothing more than a marketing demo a month before the release date and it could be several months into the final game before any changes or fixes from the beta are implemented.

Feels a familiar saying round these parts but we can only wait and see.

What @Samus said. If it's really a beta it's going to be several months at a minimum between release of the beta and the final game. If it's just a demo in disguise and they really don't need or aren't going to incorporate any significant feedback from players then it could be 30 days or any number of days really.

Of course. I was just clarifying for anyone who's still unfamiliar with what a beta constitutes.

FS7
Are the first 7 options & the last one referring to 2016 or any year?
My guess is that it will be released in either November or December but I have no idea on the year. Maybe 2018 to celebrate GT's 20th anniversary.
Yeah It's all the remaining months of 2016, and of course some other options. :)

Originally it was meant to be early 2016 and I would have thought they would be trying for a October release to go with the PSVR and 4.5 so maybe they can still get the beta in for October but I wouldn't be surprised if beta was early next year. I'm pretty sure later than late releases is a GT feature.

Beta: End of June 2016. Late release yes (not "Early 2016"), though not by much.

Final release: December 2016, which is on the scheduled time, but the released game will be very much incomplete and with performance issues, that will take two years to be fixed.

GT7: Released after the announcement of the PS5. Available both for the PS4K and the PS5.

Last edited:
If they have some part complete in this Project called GTSport, how difficult is make a beta with 2 cars and 1 track... I dont understand.

I click "May".. because HOPE lol

Beta September 2016 and the full GT Sport March 2017.

Yep, September is my guess as well.

The last DLC pack of GT5 was released around 14 months before the release of GT6 (not counting the free Corvette C7, as it was more of a promotional event rather than regular DLC).

The last cars added to GT6 was at the end of June last year, and 14 months from then would be around September this year.

I suspect that since they've referred to it as a beta on the GT website it will be a true beta. I'm sure they desperately need a real beta.

If they really had their ducks in a row, they would consolidate GT Academy and the beta by making it the same.

What follows is NOT a spoiler, but wishful thinking so reckless that I voluntarily ban myself from the forum for the rest of the day.

GTA Round 1: time trials to test physics, graphics, sound, basic network. Round 2: offline competitions against AI, which should be revamped. Round 3: online quick-match type events to fully test the network. Round 4 and beyond would be "invitational" events that pulled the highest ranked drivers into scheduled/organized events. Each round would last ~1 month, long enough to find big issues and hopefully address them before moving on to the next round. If they were feeling really ambitious they could make some events mixed-make with full tuning allowed to test both the tuning and PP balance systems. Also, please God, let the penalty system work.

In order for the latter rounds (and by extension the FIA thing!!) to work, there would need to be ranking and race planning systems. Only taking the top finishers from a time trial has worked for GT Academy, but won't fly for the FIA thing if it is to be anything but bogus.

This all sounds far-fetched if you compare to what GT has been in the past. But assuming their official statements on GT Sport aren't hyperbole, this all would be a minimum requirement in my eyes.

I have absolutely no idea if and when this will come out. Let's just hope we get some solid news at E3 this year. If not, I'm not surprised and I'll just forget about it untill I hear of it somewhere.

Soon. Just like "Stay tuned..more VGT cars in GT6 garage will be released "soon"."

So, in 3 weeks? Because the last time they said that a VGT would be coming to GT6 was when they announced the SRT Tomahawk, and 3 weeks later it was added.

Edit: Actually, 3 weeks looks like it could be a pretty good guess!

Last edited:
Screenshot_2016-04-22-18-54-04.png

I wonder if the beta will be out before summer just to secure an autumn release of the game. Seeing the implications of the newest informations i wouldn't be too surprised if the complete game would release in october-november tbh

Walmart.ca has a sign up email list for the new virtual goggles and they're supposed to Ship on October 31. So I'm hoping they will have a bundle that has the goggles and the ps4 and gt7 in November. I vote November!

Doh! Just realized votings closed, I'm too slow - again.

Back