[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

Many thanks morsolo!! Just completed this after reading through your guide took some doing but great nevertheless.

Best race so far in the game, very rewarding :)

Good Luck Everyone

Has anyone tried using the Ferrari 512BB for these events?

This car is towards the end of the period allowed (Upto 79) and in stock form has a good number of ponies under the bonnet. I will give this a go tonight and report back on findings...

Andrew

I find that if you stay in 4th Gear and lift off the power slightly for the crest, you'll keep your wheels on the ground, because - as you said - the wing lifts the car and if you loose your front wheels for too long, you'll either have to brake HARD to make the turn, or hit the wall thanks to understeer, either way, it wont help your position.

A couple of times I landed after the crest under full braking, with the car landing such to perform a very rally-style power drift through the whole corner. I've been trying to recreate this every time...

So yes, lift off - into space!

This car is towards the end of the period allowed (Upto 79) and in stock form has a good number of ponies under the bonnet. I will give this a go tonight and report back on findings...

Andrew

Yep, I've tried the 512BB, I figure it is too unstable in the corners, you'd need some REALLY good throttle work to keep it under control, but even then, the amount of work required in the turns would probably lose you enough speed to let the others pass.

Well I managed to win a Toyota 7 from the like the wind event in extreme B-Spec. My B-sped driver raped Deep Forest but Cote d'Azur....omg...you have no idea. At first my B-Spec driver kept hitting the corner on the last corner before the finishing line, losing 10 seconds, catching back up and then hitting it again. Now he has a habit of overtaking on the left right before a left corner and then being pushed into the corner and spinning out.
After about 10 tries, best I managed was 2nd. Because the track is so narrow, it takes forever for the driver to overtake a car.

Need to give this a shout. I was using the car for Cote de Azur but keep losing on deep mountain. At least i know its possible. Changing my tuning.

Very good suggestion, I was loosing my mind trying to win with a very unwilling Buick special. The Countach had the handling to win this championship for me. Shame I had already won the prize car from a previous event.

You get a Free Car ticket at 100 Races (I think), either way, it is a random car, there's is (next to) zero chance it would be the Toyota 7. I totally agree with your favourite comment though, I LOVE the old race cars, I ADORE the Ferrari P4 and Jag XJ15, the curves are beautiful.

I just did this and I got a ****ing 62 Skyline.:banghead:

Andrew

I tried it the last 4 days with that car. On Monaco its quiet easy to win with the 512BB, I won that race on my first time without getting into trouble.

But I can`t manage to win at Deep Forrest with that car. Sometimes I manage to be 2nd on lap 2 and then overtake the first car (as long its just a GT40 or something like that) on turn 1, but as soon as a Toyota 7 overtakes him too, I have no chance.
The 512BB is just way to slow in those corners compared to the Toyota 7 (no wings), in Monaco its not that bad because you can`t really overtake someone there, but in Deep Forest with those Tilke like wide corners those beasts can even overtake you from the outside line.

I`ll give the Countach a try.

Just done this with the Race Modded Camaro 69, and honestly I think it's light years better than the lambo (tried both). Maybe it just fits my style better, dunno. It wasn't even that hard, and I consider myself a pretty terribad player.

I borrowed a 2J from a friend... wasted to much on fail z28's 500k credits or so
that's the best way imo lol

but regardless of strategy keep restarting till the toy 7 is in the back
i won by like .700

Oh no I gifted my countach to my friends brother he won't give it back:scared:

Is there any other car i can get without buying it used, because im only using a worn out car if it's cheap for it's level.

Oh no I gifted my countach to my friends brother he won't give it back:scared:

Is there any other car i can get without buying it used, because im only using a worn out car if it's cheap for it's level.

If you can wait till midnight ( about 5 hours) I'll loan you my 2j to beat it

The insanley fast car has been starting on the pole everytime. Either the 7, or the 2 Chaparral's. I can only get 2 second coming off of the first corner and while I'm battling getting into the corner, it checks out and is gone.

It is time to fight fire with fire. B-Spec squad is making me some money right now. I'll make some more money later as well as some of the other events. And then I will fight fire with fire.

If I have to wait a week I will enjoy the victory that much more.

Just found out that the racing tires I bought weren't put on the car. I've been driving the wheels off the car for 2nd place the whole time.

Just tried your build for the Lamborghini and it worked good for me after some restarting. Definitely give up right away if that damn Toyota starts near the front. Gotta watch out and make sure the ass on the lamborghini doesn't slip out on you or it's game over too!

Back