[GUIDE] Historic Racing Car Cup

Thanks Morsolo for the car choice I finally beat Deep Forest with gold. After winning I literally screamed " I won! "

After complete failure yesterday and 2 hours of gameplay on deep forest today I will share my experiences with Morsolo tuning.

In deep forest I found it easy to get into first place on the first left turn (if the toyota and chap is not first on grid.) However, if you dive to first place it is easy to get passed by the two white race cars. So in my experience I exit and rejoin untill I find a chevy, ford, ferrari, or jag in first place then on the first turn cut to second place. Don't worry about being in first if the chevy or ford in leading, they are easy to pass on the third, fourth lap with late breaking on the first left turn.

So why stay second in the beginning? It is easier to block the toyota and chap race car. I suggest staying in second closely behind the first car until the 4th lap. On the 3rd lap one of the white race cars try to pass me, I block and keep closely behind the 1rst car. Then on the fourth I late brake and take the lead on the first left sweeper. from then on its pretty straight forward if you don't mess up.

Also don't forget to oil change for that extra HP. I went with morsolos suggestion on the -10 ride hieght front and rear. I set the tranny to max speed 174mph. The 174 mph really helps on the last straight away. I went with -10 camber up front and pretty much left stock from there.

AFter this race I fell in love with the countach. My respect for lambo went up.

Thanks for the tips on using the countach. I tried that but also i've try my own setup and manage to get the win. Here's what i setup for my countach.

Rear Downforce: 20

Gear Ratio: Top Speed 310

Suspension:

Ride Height: F = -10. R = -10
Spring Rate: F = 12.5. R = 15.8
Dampers (Extension): F = 9. R = 8
Dampers (Compression): F = 6. R - 6
Anti-Roll Bars: F = 4. R = 3

Camber Angle: F = 2.0. R = 0.5.
Toe Angle: F - 0.10. R - 0.20

Brake: F = 6, R = 1

Tyre: Racing Soft

Also you can buy the premium Camaro 69? Race modify it and tune it, was a very entertaining and tough race but won both race first time out by under half a second!

Also the Race Modified Camaro has the coolest set of rear tyres in the game.

This +1 rep. Thanks for the suggestion, I won both races by a couple seconds each. I wasted my time and $ with the Lambo even with making more tuning adjustments. I think you really have to play dirty to beat it with the Lambo.

Jerome

I picked up a Jensen Interceptor MkIII from the dealership (used) and had no problems...pop in the everyso often and it may appear

if you bide your time like i did, i couldnt get it done to start with so i went and done other races, you will get the toyota 7 race car from the "like the wind" and i won easy on both A and B spec, just upgraded the turbos on it as that was all that could be done and it realy was super easy.

Hey guys,

Some tuning tips for the B-Spec Toyota 7 Monaco race.

1. Make sure you have the turbo and rigidity improvements added.
2. Purchase racing mediums.
3. Change your final gear ration to around 240km/h. This allows the car to accelerate better and overtake better whilst not sacrificing time over the straights as they don't hit 240 for long before braking anyway.
4. Change your rear toe angle to 0.00. Pretty sure the driver was getting stuffed around by the added oversteer (as they don't drive like us) and this was responsible for them hitting that corner before the main straight.
5. Not sure how much driver level factors into it but mine was 20 (and in good form/blue up arrow)

If anyone has any issues let me know, and let me know how it worked for you! I was running it without tuning apart from turbos for a while and wondered why my driver sucked. Tuning it slightly shot me instantly to gold. Stupid B-Spec.

reece22345
What car did you use? I dont wanna spend a fortune on the Toyota 7 (Have like 200k atm :S)

The Toyota 7 - won it off the extreme "Like The Wind" event and came back to this one after that. The Countach has no hope in B-Spec.

Managed with the Mustang and found that you can cause some hilarious pile-ups at the top of the hill in monaco, thanks for the advice

@ Morsolo
Thanks alot for the guide. Tuned my Countach and won em both. Cote d Azur was one of the funnest races I ever did, since I had to drive with one hand due to so many gear changes.:lol:

The Deep Forest took me a few extra tries. Had to get used to the car flying off the ground.:scared: Pretty much won that one by drifting on the last and third to last turns on every lap.

I gotta say, it was a fun series.

Managed to do this with the LP400 today. Fully-Tuned with Racing Mediums, I managed Cote D'Azur easily as once I was in the lead it was fairly easy to block the opponents and the Lamborghini's acceleration was a great benefit.

Deep Forest Raceway I found to be much harder, there were many more places for me to be overtaken. This one required many more restarts on my part and for me to win I had to get in the lead on the first corner or I wouldn't be able to win.

Oh and I used Active Stability Management and some traction Control because the Lamborghini is a handful in the corners (Especially with a controller :)). I also didn't change any settings on my car and also faced a Chapparal 2J in both races.

Anyway it's over, thanks for telling me it was possible. 👍

completed the event 2 days ago. (lambo lp400)

What really makes a difference is the wing, as mention in POST 1. Without the wing the lambo is flying over every hill.

That image shows how to start in cote azur. In my case that insane fast racecar (2D something) had the pole. I started at fifth.

The close ratio transmission makes the lambo accelerate fast enough to get in first after the corner. Drive all corners the whole race as clean as possible it´s your only chance to increase the lead. You have to be first after the first corner!

In deepforest the only thing you have to do is, hold the toyota 7 or 2D something behind you.

Both races are best in bumper cam, cause you have to see the backmirror all time. Drive on the driving lane or where it should be (i allways have turned it off), the AI strictly drives that, so blocking isn´t that hard.

In my case that was the last race from the series, lucky me, my lvl 17 car reward was the mclaren f1 :dopey:

^ I found that even if you weren't in the lead on Cote D'Azur after the first corner you could catch up. In the hairpins just ram the leader, made the Toyota 7 spin out, leaving me to reap the spoils. :sly:

You can pass down the inside of the hairpin on Monaco if you don't make it into 1st place. ucwepn that Lambo looks pretty quick, how is it without the assists on? The Mustang is very stable without everything off, I lapped nurburgring in it in under 7 minutes today with a pretty average lap, not sure how fast it could go but in the 6:40s at least if you were good. I'll see about adding you for some online

Last edited:
Won Deap Forest with the 2D. Starts of slow, but handles like a dream. I was able to pass the field by the 3rd or 4th lap. Monaco is another story. Tried the P4 as it has pretty quick acceleration, the 2J just dissapeared. I was in 3rd and the 2J had a 20+ second lead after one lap!

The 2nd racr in Cote d Azur is giving me problems.

I'm using a 563hp MARK IV RACE CAR"67"

The 2j 70's car pulls away like a rocket :(

Fully tuned lambo and cote d azur was doable, still can't beat deep forest. Stupid Toyota 7 comes from way back (I've lead the whole race) but on lap 4 or 5 it just blows past me and disappears into the distance.

Tried restarting but there always seems to be a chaparral or toyota 7 in the grid and result is the same. Guess just need to keep trying until I get a grid without these ridiculously fast car in it.

I beat this with the Camaro RM. I did very light tuning to the settings, if any.

The first race I used the late braking technique (with some ramming) to get first. The only times I had problems was on the straights, the AI would draft and pass me until I passed him at the first corner.

Monaco was a joke. It took me a few tries to take first without hitting the wall. It seemed the AI race car was holding up almost the entire field which made my job very easy. The Camaro is big enough to prevent the AI from passing on almost all of the corners. Although on the final corner of the last lap, I got hung up on the wall. The AI tried to pass me so I pinned him to the wall and won by .300. I was normally leading by about a second.

Thanks for the guide and tips!

I completed this on B spec earlier on today. My driver, U.Uwing was at level 20 and I used the Ford Mk IV Race Car. It won both races first time. I added a turbo to up the HP to about 550 something and lowered the final gear ratio so the car would get up to about 190 on the straights. As long as your prepared to babysit your driver on both races, its a doddle.

Hey guys,

Some tuning tips for the B-Spec Toyota 7 Monaco race.

1. Make sure you have the turbo and rigidity improvements added.
2. Purchase racing mediums.
3. Change your final gear ration to around 240km/h. This allows the car to accelerate better and overtake better whilst not sacrificing time over the straights as they don't hit 240 for long before braking anyway.
4. Change your rear toe angle to 0.00. Pretty sure the driver was getting stuffed around by the added oversteer (as they don't drive like us) and this was responsible for them hitting that corner before the main straight.
5. Not sure how much driver level factors into it but mine was 20 (and in good form/blue up arrow)

If anyone has any issues let me know, and let me know how it worked for you! I was running it without tuning apart from turbos for a while and wondered why my driver sucked. Tuning it slightly shot me instantly to gold. Stupid B-Spec.

Brilliant!... tried this last night and it worked perfectly...
Could not finish better than 7'th or 8'th first three tries...::grumpy:

After reading your post:

-bought the stabilizers (had the turbo already)...
-changed gear ratio
-reset to default suspension tuning
-changed the toe angle

That did the trick... won it on my next try! :)

It took five laps to get to 1'st place but it was an obvious improvement.

THANKS! 👍

Back