Originally posted by Rat Bastid That's one finely-crafted instrument! I have 2 questions though; How do you fret the low strings? And which bank did you rob?
P.S. Is the bridge kinda hanging off the body? At the low strings?
How to reach all the notes on the neck? Why you just reach around and grab them.
Which bank did I rob? Visa of America.... actually, our band is in the process of selling our Motorhome Camper that we bought last year, so that will bring some additional incom my direction.
Nah, it's not hanging off, it's just a bad picture, wierd angle.
Tuning from low to high B-E-A-D-G-C-F or if it will handle it I might tune it F#-B-E-A-D-G-C but more than likely I will stick with the standard tuning starting with B.
1.) Not that long, by I have good left hand strength and action, and yes my wife is happy.
2.) I'm guessing it weights 50 lbs and the electronics section can be found here in pdf format.
3.) Here's some additional feature:
-Seven strings
-Custom-made Bartolini Bill Dickens pickups
-Custom electronics including a three-position parametric preset rotary switch and mid-frequency selector
-Maple and purpleheart thru-body neck
-Swamp ash wings topped with curly maple
-Gold hardware
Dude, I can't afford to even LOOK at that site! (HOW much did you sell the motorhome for?) Those "Melted" tops are BEAUTIFUL! Especially the Wenge/Zebra LP!
50 Pounds? I hope you have a wide strap & a good chiropractor.
I think he means the whole rig weighs 50 lb. The guitar should weigh in somewhere between 9 and 14 lbs.
The Amp and pedals should make up the remainder.
Oh no, it will be a while before I take the monster out on a gig, so at least I know I will still be playing my fender out on gigs.... As far as the Warwick fretless, I'll be getting a hard case soon so I can take that out on gigs as well.
All three basses are so much different, that each one will have their own tone and playing characteristic, so yeah....I think they'll all get plenty of playing.
Fair enough, I can't really argue with that. Though I'd imagine if you're going to be anything like me, when the beast arrives your wife won't see you for another year . nah j/k.
Did they give a gestermate on when it will be arriving?
Nope, not yet. I'm not holding my breath. I'm guessing late next week or the early the following week. It could come tomorrow and it wouldn't be here fast enough... Hurry up and wait, eh?
Yeah, I'm sure once it arives, I'll have to dedicate some serious time getting to know it more personally.
Nathan: nice guitar. I've never heard of the Washburn Shadow series. New one to me. Looks very nice though. My freind has a Encore in exactly the same colour wood, finish etc. and it's the biggest piece of ****e I've ever seen or played. .
Wow Pako that looks like a mean bass. Personally I never saw the point in having more than one neck on a guitar , but then again Ive never played one so I can't really comment.
Originally posted by wee_man *snip*Wow Pako that looks like a mean bass. Personally I never saw the point in having more than one neck on a guitar , but then again Ive never played one so I can't really comment.
In John Turner's case, one neck is freted, and the other is fretless. The fretless has a much different tone than freted. In one song, you may have that need for soft, warm passages, while needing the freted neck for more agressive, punchier passages.
Update: Here's some better pictures of what the bass will look like:
Well for the record my guitar is a Standard Guitar nothing really special so thats why many guitars have the same color or body and mine doesnt sound like crap its really awesome sounding
AAAGGGHH!!!
Pako how long did it take for your band to get good and get anywhere. The current one I'm in is really cheesing me off. I would up and leave except the bloke who formed it and put like his heart and sole into it is a really good mate of mine.
Well, when I joined "Blue Onion" they already had local gigs booked, but we have been together since December of '98, so we are going on 5 years.
For learning cover tunes, it always helps if we each learn our parts on our own time, individually. Then we get together and work out the bugs with the three of us together and go from there.
Are you still having fun? For me ,that's what it comes down to, and that's why I do it is for the fun. Without that, what's the point?
That's a good point. Hmm... I might as well stick with it and see how it goes. BTW congrats on your new base. What's she like??? Seen the wife/girlfriend since gettin it? j/k
Anywayz have fun with it.