Guy scratch builds a Honda-powered "McBearen" car

  • Thread starter Thread starter Duke
  • 16 comments
  • 1,153 views

Duke

Keep 'em separated
Staff Emeritus
Messages
24,344
United States
Midlantic Area
Messages
GTP_Duke
...as an excercise to practice his metal shaping skills. Simply astonishing work.

Read here!
 
Awesome!

That thing looks very cool - I'd like to see some video of how it goes on the track.

I'll be reading that entire story over the coming days, for sure.
 
Teeny racer=smile on my face!

I'd love to see it run!
 
Very cool project, I love the craftsmanship in it... that guy has insane metal work skills.

It's just too bad he chose the least interesting/powerful engine in the Honda K-Series lineup, but at least it won't be in a 2800lb hatchback anymore!
 
Well, as he explains, it was basically given to him with 6,000 miles on it by a friend who takes good care of his cars.

Given his moderate grasp of suspension geometry I'd say this is not going to be an all-out racer, but it's not intended to be. And he's expecting to have a loaded weight under 1500 pounds, so yeah, power shouldn't be a huge issue.
 
Wow great project, I love how he fabricates a metal skin for it, beautiful.
 
Wow. *bookmarks*
 
I saw that back in August. That man has a rather amazing ability to visualize bent metal properly.
 
That is absolutely amazing work. I'd love to see that thing in person and look it over.
 
Fantastic workmanship, his alloy fabrication work is top class 👍

- although it does seem strange to base the style of it on a glass-fibre bodied car in the first place. I've not got the time to read through the whole thing, but is it going to be road legal? - full alloy body work is a bit overkill on a track car.
 
I haven't made it through the whole thing yet, but my favorite quote so far is:
Measureing, figuring, adjusting and planning the next steps take a much longer time than the actual fabrication does but without it, I guess everyone woud end up with an Aztec.

:lol:
 
I hope he posts an update soon. His last time was at the end of October. I wonder if he's done and has it painted yet.
 
:drool: all I can think of when I look at that is the Suzuki GSX-R/4 in GT4:drool:.
 
P.O.S










































Piece Of Super-awseomeness
 
I just hope he doesnt crash it.
 
Back