Hajime Racers

• Thread starter Kryption
  • 195 comments
THE VOICE

Time: 5 pm

Time to close the studio. The edited photos were sent to UK for the magazine article, and I shall wait for the next job. I have nothing else to do, anyway.

I'll head out to the mountain pass using the Z4 again. The R8 can run some other time.

I am aware that I made the locals go frenzy after I beat that R32 GT-R. So they view it as a hero of sorts, huh? What can become of them if they just keep on admiring it?

18131509824_bb35689ae0_c.jpg

Before I can hit the throttle as I head up, I see a car incoming. It has a loud exhaust, so I assume it races as well.

"Kenjiro Sato.... quite an interesting fellow."

Huh? What was that voice in my head?

"You have a lot of potential... I can see that you don't drive that car just to show off."

This is getting creepy, and nonsense. You are talking to me?

"Yes I am. In fact, I am the one following you right now."

I looked... and it's a dark blue Porsche 911.

18754154545_812ac0148a_c.jpg

"I came here to play. I want to see if the locals must fear you."

Okay, so ghosts exist now. Fine, I'll play with you for a little while. You think a Porsche 911 can stop me? They are great cars, but that doesn't mean I'll cower in fear!

And we begin. As expected, the 911 is right on my tail. Nothing more, nothing less.

(Background Music)

18131507654_c0cceb4f9a_c.jpg

"100 km/h... or even 200... clearly you are going in circles in the mountain pass. I thought you want a better future? I can help..."

Sorry old man, I do not intend others to decide for me.

"Just hear me out. You must expand your horizon."

18566426710_0a9e31969e_c.jpg

What can you suggest, then, you creep? I will go to a shaman and have you appeased!

"Hehehehehe... not even the strongest of shamans can appease a powerful will. At least I have a purpose. What about you?"

You kinda got me. But still...

"Why not raise your bar? Try heading to the real Temple of Speed! 300 KM/H!!! That is where the future is!"

Enough messing with my head! I don't want to die and be crushed to pieces because of that ridiculous speed!

18566448060_1faf353608_c.jpg

"Everyone desires that. Even you. I can see it in your heart that you, too, yearn for more. The moment you entered in the realm of speed, you can never escape from it no matter how hard you try. Be it on the streets or the race track, it's the same thing. Even the touge can kill you, right?

The R8 you bought is the symbolism of that desire you hide."

Now you can look into my heart?! I'm glad I don't have any clogged arteries. Whatever, as if you can sway me that easily.

"I'm not forcing you. But you have to see what I mean. Then it's all up to you on how you carve your path for your future."

I just gave it my all, and outran that creepy 911. If I'm going to tell it to the locals, surely they'll send me to a mental institution. Ugh...

18727858316_7a4ef64a92_c.jpg

"What an impressive display of skill, young man. Despite my hindrance, you have an immense amount of concentration. You truly need to move up. The Wangan awaits you."

Whew... he's gone. That was quite creepy, to be honest. Judging from the speed of that 911, it does seem to be tuned as a high speed missile.

Wangan... now you got me interested. Maybe I can find you there and beat the crap out of you.

I headed back to my home, and immediately contacted Machida. Thank goodness he answered.

Machida: "Kenjiro! It's rare for you to call. What's up?"

Kenjiro: "Have you encountered a blue 911 in Hakone?"

Machida: "Blue 911? Kind of. I see it pass by from time to time, as if waiting for someone to run. Why? Did it chase you?"

Kenjiro: "You won't believe this, but its driver is a phantom."

Machida: "You're not alone, Kenjiro. You are not alone."

Kenjiro: "Why? Did it freak you out too?"

Machida: "Some racers who encountered it claim to hear a voice ringing in their heads as if the entity is talking to them. Did it happen to you as well?"

Kenjiro: "Of course. It's freaky, but I shook him off."

Machida: "You really are on fire. To think you smoked that 911 on the touge. But beware, it's actually a Wangan runner."

Kenjiro: "I knew it. It can easily keep up with my Z4 on the straights alone."

Machida: "You just encountered The Wangan Spectre. It has an eerie purpose. It guides racers...

Kenjiro: "Because of that, I believe in paranormal activity now."

END

wow, this was absolutely amazing, perfect music too to set the mood, it really seems ominous. I can't wait to see more. still working on the r32 battle.

THE VOICE

Time: 5 pm

Time to close the studio. The edited photos were sent to UK for the magazine article, and I shall wait for the next job. I have nothing else to do, anyway.

I'll head out to the mountain pass using the Z4 again. The R8 can run some other time.

I am aware that I made the locals go frenzy after I beat that R32 GT-R. So they view it as a hero of sorts, huh? What can become of them if they just keep on admiring it?

18131509824_bb35689ae0_c.jpg

Before I can hit the throttle as I head up, I see a car incoming. It has a loud exhaust, so I assume it races as well.

"Kenjiro Sato.... quite an interesting fellow."

Huh? What was that voice in my head?

"You have a lot of potential... I can see that you don't drive that car just to show off."

This is getting creepy, and nonsense. You are talking to me?

"Yes I am. In fact, I am the one following you right now."

I looked... and it's a dark blue Porsche 911.

18754154545_812ac0148a_c.jpg

"I came here to play. I want to see if the locals must fear you."

Okay, so ghosts exist now. Fine, I'll play with you for a little while. You think a Porsche 911 can stop me? They are great cars, but that doesn't mean I'll cower in fear!

And we begin. As expected, the 911 is right on my tail. Nothing more, nothing less.

(Background Music)

18131507654_c0cceb4f9a_c.jpg

"100 km/h... or even 200... clearly you are going in circles in the mountain pass. I thought you want a better future? I can help..."

Sorry old man, I do not intend others to decide for me.

"Just hear me out. You must expand your horizon."

18566426710_0a9e31969e_c.jpg

What can you suggest, then, you creep? I will go to a shaman and have you appeased!

"Hehehehehe... not even the strongest of shamans can appease a powerful will. At least I have a purpose. What about you?"

You kinda got me. But still...

"Why not raise your bar? Try heading to the real Temple of Speed! 300 KM/H!!! That is where the future is!"

Enough messing with my head! I don't want to die and be crushed to pieces because of that ridiculous speed!

18566448060_1faf353608_c.jpg

"Everyone desires that. Even you. I can see it in your heart that you, too, yearn for more. The moment you entered in the realm of speed, you can never escape from it no matter how hard you try. Be it on the streets or the race track, it's the same thing. Even the touge can kill you, right?

The R8 you bought is the symbolism of that desire you hide."

Now you can look into my heart?! I'm glad I don't have any clogged arteries. Whatever, as if you can sway me that easily.

"I'm not forcing you. But you have to see what I mean. Then it's all up to you on how you carve your path for your future."

I just gave it my all, and outran that creepy 911. If I'm going to tell it to the locals, surely they'll send me to a mental institution. Ugh...

18727858316_7a4ef64a92_c.jpg

"What an impressive display of skill, young man. Despite my hindrance, you have an immense amount of concentration. You truly need to move up. The Wangan awaits you."

Whew... he's gone. That was quite creepy, to be honest. Judging from the speed of that 911, it does seem to be tuned as a high speed missile.

Wangan... now you got me interested. Maybe I can find you there and beat the crap out of you.

I headed back to my home, and immediately contacted Machida. Thank goodness he answered.

Machida: "Kenjiro! It's rare for you to call. What's up?"

Kenjiro: "Have you encountered a blue 911 in Hakone?"

Machida: "Blue 911? Kind of. I see it pass by from time to time, as if waiting for someone to run. Why? Did it chase you?"

Kenjiro: "You won't believe this, but its driver is a phantom."

Machida: "You're not alone, Kenjiro. You are not alone."

Kenjiro: "Why? Did it freak you out too?"

Machida: "Some racers who encountered it claim to hear a voice ringing in their heads as if the entity is talking to them. Did it happen to you as well?"

Kenjiro: "Of course. It's freaky, but I shook him off."

Machida: "You really are on fire. To think you smoked that 911 on the touge. But beware, it's actually a Wangan runner."

Kenjiro: "I knew it. It can easily keep up with my Z4 on the straights alone."

Machida: "You just encountered The Wangan Spectre. It has an eerie purpose. It guides racers...

Kenjiro: "Because of that, I believe in paranormal activity now."

END

this...along with the music...ITS A JEWEL! the best i have seen.

Wow that's an incredible story and the RGT.. definitely is a great car... i can't wait for them to battle it out more.

Question do i based my character story like kakashi? His story is superb

Last edited:
Wow that's an incredible story and the RGT.. definitely is a great car... i can't wait for them to battle it out more.

Question do i based my character story like kakashi? His story is superb
Just focus on introducing your character. I can definitely help you after 6 today.

okay created my background story:

Mizuho Miyanokouji intro:

Time 3am

The sounds of fast typing echo the savannah as a figure is seen sitting in a nearby bench, the figure stands up and is seen closing a laptop as it stretches his eyes gliding over the fog covered savannah and into a steel garage where a compressor suddenly hums to life, recharging its supply of air. A soft breeze making his hair sway in the wind as he walked to the opening garage a dozen fluorescent bulbs lighting the inside revealing a Black Cherry NSX glistening in the light giving out a welcoming aura to its owner.

"This will be the last time you sleep here Suzaku" His eyes moving outside the garage where a black truck is entering on its side saying Exotic transport. He loads up the car into the truck, making sure it was fully locked and secure, the driver nodding and driving off with him on the passenger seat. The driver asks him where he is headed his answer in a soft voice just saying "Japan"

===========================================================

Time 8:30am

The port was in full action as the taxi cab snaked its way till it finally stopped in front of warehouse 10, a figure stepped out of the cab and walked in after meeting with a small japanese man he led him to a golf cart and they drove inside. As they traversed the ample corridors of trailers they passed a dozen or so exotics till arriving at a locked black container the letters Exotic Transport etched on the side. The small man who referred to him as the manager explained they are unable to move the car due not having the keys. He offered the key and he unlocked the container, a shadow awaiting inside as he walked inside and into the driver seat, the engine roaring to life indicating it was tired of waiting, he patted the steering wheel with affection and eased the car outside, the eastern sun glistening upon it's paint, caressing the body lines as she set off to his new home in Yokosuka it's kanagawa plates proudly displayed, it's american plates hidden under a seat.

Parking in Mt. Takeyama i looked unto the scenery and smiled, while resting against suzaku humming and vibrating body, memories of regrets, past races and solitude being shared by us both.

Mizuho: This is a new place suzaku a new destination and a new start in life, i will find it this time it never was back there it must be here where it all began.

Getting into the seat and driving back to his new home... A cloud of burned rubber where he was parked slowly fading away showing a slight grin...

=============================================================

Time line: 1 yr later..

The cherry NSX sleeps peacefully inside it's garage awaiting the return of its owner and to return to the touge and stretch it's legs. Next to it though the silhouette of another car.

Coming from work he looks into the sunset, his laptop screen showing a complex program next to it is a photo frame showing the NSX and an older lady sitting in the driver seat. He walks back to the laptop and turns it off, gazing into the photo before walking away his trench coat moving slowly as he opens the garage, letting the crisp air enter.

A roar of an engine coming to life and running down the streets is heard as he pushes to the wangan, stopping in a nearby gas station for some tea and gas, he spots a flier for a nearby Honda master mechanic the flier states. looking back to his car he figures it's due a proper maintenance, and heads off arriving close to the shop's closing time yet spotting only 2 other cars in the bay and no one around he eases the NSX inside only to be faced with a young man around his age gawking at his car, as he steps out the young man introduces himself as Ichiro and asking what was wrong with his car, all the while looking at it from different angles and just saying hmm...wondering while looking at his car and just shrugging his shoulders. He tells ichiro he wishes to speak with the garage owner for maintenance for his car. Ichiro stopped examining the car and clpas his hands and says " I'm the garage owner/mechanic and body shop guy here. But what kind of service do you need for your NSX it sounds and looks in flawless condition" he explained having brought it from america and how he's the one maintaining but it would need to be tuned for the conditions here as even though he can tell the car is enjoying the drive.. it still hasn't shown it's full soul to him, only to someone else. this intrigues ichiro and says he can leave the car and it will be ready by the next day, he mentions he'll rather stay with the car and agree to be back the next day at 6am.

Arriving around 5:30am he's surprised to see the garage open and ichiro smoking outside as he spots his car he stops smoking and guides him to the only open stall, next to him he sees a very tuned DC5 and in the corner a DC2 looking to pounce upon you if you approach it wrong.

Ichiro in the meantime has changed and lifting the NSX it's tires dropping very little due to its suspension set up, making him chuckle.

Ichiro: You set up your car like track car i see.

He fetches some tools and begins to maintenance the car, all the while mizuho is clicking away and typing into his laptop, his gaze moving from the screen to the car and ichiro's movements.

As the car is finished ichiro asks him where does he drive, cause he has seen him or rather this car in various tracks nearby. We are looking to see where we can find what I’m missing. Ichiro nods as if he knows something he doesn't "I see... And is the highway calling unto you and i have seen you speeding... yet in the mountains you seem to be though in control you look always lost in thought" He smiled and looked away while drinking from a juice can.. "We always drove the curves and enjoy them, but also stretching and letting the power course in a straight is also exhilarating” Looking to his NSX and smiling, after paying Ichiro he noticed he wrote something, when he asked him what it mean as he can't read written japanese very well all he said was "Wangan" and gave him his business card as he lit another cigarette and watch him drove away…

Last edited:
okay created my background story:

Mizuho Miyanokouji intro:

Time 3am

The sounds of fast typing echo the savannah as a figure is seen sitting in a nearby bench, the figure stands up and is seen closing a laptop as it stretches his eyes gliding over the fog covered savannah and into a steel garage where a compressor suddenly hums to life, recharging its supply of air. A soft breeze making his hair sway in the wind as he walked to the opening garage a dozen fluorescent bulbs lighting the inside revealing a Black Cherry NSX glistening in the light giving out a welcoming aura to its owner.

"This will be the last time you sleep here Suzaku" His eyes moving outside the garage where a black truck is entering on its side saying Exotic transport. He loads up the car into the truck, making sure it was fully locked and secure, the driver nodding and driving off with him on the passenger seat. The driver asks him where he is headed his answer in a soft voice just saying "Japan"

===========================================================

Time 8:30am

The port was in full action as the taxi cab snaked its way till it finally stopped in front of warehouse 10, a figure stepped out of the cab and walked in after meeting with a small japanese man he led him to a golf cart and they drove inside. As they traversed the ample corridors of trailers they passed a dozen or so exotics till arriving at a locked black container the letters Exotic Transport etched on the side. The small man who referred to him as the manager explained they are unable to move the car due not having the keys. He offered the key and he unlocked the container, a shadow awaiting inside as he walked inside and into the driver seat, the engine roaring to life indicating it was tired of waiting, he patted the steering wheel with affection and eased the car outside, the eastern sun glistening upon it's paint, caressing the body lines as she set off to his new home in Yokosuka it's kanagawa plates proudly displayed, it's american plates hidden under a seat.

Parking in Mt. Takeyama i looked unto the scenery and smiled, while resting against suzaku humming and vibrating body, memories of regrets, past races and solitude being shared by us both.

Mizuho: This is a new place suzaku a new destination and a new start in life, i will find it this time it never was back there it must be here where it all began.

Getting into the seat and driving back to his new home... A cloud of burned rubber where he was parked slowly fading away showing a slight grin...

=============================================================

Time line: 1 yr later..

The cherry NSX sleeps peacefully inside it's garage awaiting the return of its owner and to return to the touge and stretch it's legs. Next to it though the silhouette of another car.

Coming from work he looks into the sunset, his laptop screen showing a complex program next to it is a photo frame showing the NSX and an older lady sitting in the driver seat. He walks back to the laptop and turns it off, gazing into the photo before walking away his trench coat moving slowly as he opens the garage, letting the crisp air enter.

A roar of an engine coming to life and running down the streets is heard as he pushes to the wangan, stopping in a nearby gas station for some tea and gas, he spots a flier for a nearby Honda master mechanic the flier states. looking back to his car he figures it's due a proper maintenance, and heads off arriving close to the shop's closing time yet spotting only 2 other cars in the bay and no one around he eases the NSX inside only to be faced with a young man around his age gawking at his car, as he steps out the young man introduces himself as Ichiro and asking what was wrong with his car, all the while looking at it from different angles and just saying hmm...wondering while looking at his car and just shrugging his shoulders. He tells ichiro he wishes to speak with the garage owner for maintenance for his car. Ichiro stopped examining the car and clpas his hands and says " I'm the garage owner/mechanic and body shop guy here. But what kind of service do you need for your NSX it sounds and looks in flawless condition" he explained having brought it from america and how he's the one maintaining but it would need to be tuned for the conditions here as even though he can tell the car is enjoying the drive.. it still hasn't shown it's full soul to him, only to someone else. this intrigues ichiro and says he can leave the car and it will be ready by the next day, he mentions he'll rather stay with the car and agree to be back the next day at 6am.

Arriving around 5:30am he's surprised to see the garage open and ichiro smoking outside as he spots his car he stops smoking and guides him to the only open stall, next to him he sees a very tuned DC5 and in the corner a DC2 looking to pounce upon you if you approach it wrong.

Ichiro in the meantime has changed and lifting the NSX it's tires dropping very little due to its suspension set up, making him chuckle.

Ichiro: You set up your car like track car i see.

He fetches some tools and begins to maintenance the car, all the while mizuho is clicking away and typing into his laptop, his gaze moving from the screen to the car and ichiro's movements.

As the car is finished ichiro asks him where does he drive, cause he has seen him or rather this car in various tracks nearby. We are looking to see where we can find what I’m missing. Ichiro nods as if he knows something he doesn't "I see... And is the highway calling unto you and i have seen you speeding... yet in the mountains you seem to be though in control you look always lost in thought" He smiled and looked away while drinking from a juice can.. "We always drove the curves and enjoy them, but also stretching and letting the power course in a straight is also exhilarating” Looking to his NSX and smiling, after paying Ichiro he noticed he wrote something, when he asked him what it mean as he can't read written japanese very well all he said was "Wangan" and gave him his business card as he lit another cigarette and watch him drove away…

Okay, this is pretty good. Next time you or anyone else writes a chapter, have me read it before posting so I can check grammar, spelling and the story flow.

RYO WATAWATA - The Rally Exhibitionist

Around 2 hours after the Kanjo Honda one-make meet, Ryo is hanging around with a truck driver from the meetup.

Ryo: Here, my shop is right here.

Ryo points out a medium sized warehouse to the tow truck driver.

Driver: Alright, but doesn't it seem a little too big for a workshop.

Ryo: I'm going to have to agree with you, but if your job is motorsport, you're going to need it.

The driver laughs: “Yeah I guess so, do you want me to leave it out here?”

Ryo: No, bring it inside, I'll get the door open.

Ryo hops out of the truck and walks over to a panel by the garage door. He presses a few buttons, the garage door opens up. He then walks over to the driver side of the truck.

Ryo: If you can just drop it by the lift, I can deal with it after.

The truck backs the Wrecked EP3 by the lift, and Ryo pays the driver. When the truck is out of the shop he then closes the garage door and sighs.

Ryo: Why did I decide to go out tonight....

He looks at the EP3...

Ryo: What are you smiling at? Your the one who got wrecked. (Sighs) I guess you had fun out there, well for as long as you could. I know you felt the bump from the CRX as much as I did, if not worse. Although that Takata guy did help get us back, and I didn't want to completely ruin his night by completely having a scene. I'm also not all that use to hitting over 160kph on tarmac, hell, I hardly go over 130kph on a rally stage. Never the less I'll get the crew to fix you up like nothing ever happened, but for now I got to prep the Impreza for testing tomorrow in Hokkaido.

5AM next morning...

The alarm clock goes off in Ryo's room, at this hour it might as well be the fire alarm. Ryo still underneath the covers reaches for the alarm clock over on nightstand. Although efforts are useless as there is a cat sleeping on his arm.

Ryo: Damn cat, look I love you but you really have to move.

Ryo Pushes the cat off and slams his fist on the clock, which ends up breaking the clock. He then pushes himself up, sliding his feet off the edge of the bed on to the floor, rubs his eyes, and walks to the bathroom for the usual morning routine. Ryo walks out of the bathroom and is immediately greeted by his crew chief Kaito.

Kaito: Hey! Hows it goin sleeping beauty, looks like you had a fun night.

Ryo: It was a hoot. (Sarcastically)

Kaito: Well we got the car in truck and got you some breakfast, so we can ride the trucks to Hokkaido.

Ryo: Alright, good let me just grab my keys.

Kaito: The Subaru keys? We got'em.

Ryo: No, the Altezza.

Kaito: Your Bringing that? Why, its only going to last a couple hours. We'll be back by lunch.

Ryo: Ehh, I took the civic out last night, I'm thinking all the cars could use some fun.

Kaito: Alright, well we're good to go, so when ever your ready.

Ryo grabs the Altezza keys off of the night stand and heads downstairs. He greets all of his crew in the normal fashion with a handshake to a few, and others get a trick one. Shortly after he gets in his Altezza.

He hesitates before he puts the key in and thinks: “Why do I feel like there's going to be more than just that one meeting with Takata.” He then puts the key into the ignition, starts it up, and heads to Hokkaido with the team.

Around about 3 hours later in Hokkaido

Kaito over the headset to Ryo: Alright this'll be the last test run, we just got a weather update saying there's going to be a storm coming so we want to get everything back to base before it hits.

Ryo: Alright I'll plan to go all out then.

Ryo turns to his co-driver Rin.

Ryo: You ready for this?

Rin: God, I thought you'd never ask.

Kaito: Hold up it seems there's a white car coming on to the stage.

Rin: A white car?

Kaito: It's an Mitsubishi Evolution X, we already told him that this is a private Subaru rally testing area for today, but he ignored us.

Rin: How rude of him!

Kaito: He stopped before the dirt, and he seems to be revving his engine, it seems like he wants to race.

Ryo turns to Rin in a rarther over the top dramatic fassion, some-what of a movie styled effect.

Ryo: Get out.

Rin: What?! You can't be serious.

Ryo: If I wasn't I wouldn't have told you to get out.

Rin: Why do you want me to get out? We're testing for the next rally.

Ryo: Because I don't want him to have any excuses for his loss.

Rin: Fine, but if you lose, the boss is going to be really pissed.

Ryo: Yeah, I know.

Rin: Just come back in one piece, this team wouldn't be anything without you.

Rin gets out of the car, and stares back at Ryo through the passenger window.

Rin: On a personal note, if you lose your buying me dinner.

Rin starts walking back to the crew. Ryo thinks to himself “I'll buy dinner for the rest of our life if I do.”

Ryo: Ok I'll take your challange you little evo fan-boy! I'm waiting, when are you going to start..?

365172-273557fbabbcf8431f6f4b2fae786e73.jpg

Ryo waits patiently waiting for the evo to start. “Maybe I should be a little less subtle.” Ryo starts revving his engine to match that of the Evos. “God I love the sound of the low burble that the boxer engine gives.” The Evo finally launched after sitting there for a couple minutes. He looked like he had no intentions to stop to line up next to Ryo. So he just blew right passed, what an over-aggressive move.

365174-2d3f8068cc32838d7e2b8e2f969d0ce8.jpg

Ryo: Jesus Christ! He nearly took my mirrors off.

Ryo slammed on the gas. As the Evo took off with as much of a head start as he could. Do to the power bias to the rear the Impreza struggled a bit to grab grip, but quickly put the power down.

Ryo: If this guy is competent I might not catch him! I hate it when people start unfairly!

Ryo pushed through the first three corners and caught up immediately. It was like the evo was standing still.

“The Evo is taking all these corners wide, if he keeps this up he'll fall off the mountain and thats not a mess I want to clean up. He's not keeping it tight, no wonder why I caught up so quickly. He's sliding all over the road. Sliding on the dirt doesn't make you faster. Yes it does happen a lot in rally but it doesn't improve your time. You have to be clean, smooth with it. Any slip you get should just to get the car rotated. To a rally driver, the perfect definition to this would be a four wheel Drift!”

365180-bf12cb7a4256098b411b019263e6410d.jpg

The two cars battle tooth and nail down the steep hill, with little room for error. Both drivers are pushing as hard as they can down the hill, with both cars struggling for grip.

“God I've gotten so close so quick. I know where to end this, I'm going to pass him after the two sudden jumps. I will admit for being a Subaru guy, I respect the evo. It's a quick car, but in the hands of this guy, he's only embarrasing it.”

365181-f2a6e43a53b3b81422fd146fca29a648.jpg

Coming to the final corners of the steep down hill, Ryo is right on his bumber. Staying behind, and waiting for his chance. Coming around the last corner before the jumps the Evo X slides wide and Ryo comes in through on the inside. He slams on the at the exit and gets side by side with the Evo.

Ryo: If I scared you, you deserve it, because from what I've learned in rallycross, in times like these, the only way to win, is to hold on to your seat and come in with a death wish!

365182-9235e54d6687b2f3508d21bf4d50bdba.jpg

Both cars launch into the air, the evo slips sideways due to bad lineup on the take off. They are absolulty revving wildly through the air, desperately wishing they were grounded. The braking point for the next corner was right after the landing. The evo once again missed the point, but this time uncontrollably slid wide. Ryo took this opportunity to drive passed the evo to secure victory.

365184-b9da1e1e2dea3cc5738132f91e477d9f.jpg

Ryo then pushed the rest of the way through the stage to seal the deal. The Evo was doing more than eating the Imprezas dust, it was choking on it. Ryo then quickly returned to the paddock, where Rin, Kaito, and the rest of his crew was patiently waiting for him.

Mechanic: How were the settings? Did it feel fine?

Ryo: It felt great everything was set up perfectly, nice work!

Mechanic: Are you being serious or are you just saying that because you won?

Ryo: I'm serious, half of the win was because of the settings, thank you.

Kaito walks over to Ryo in a very furious manner, the rage was alike to that of an anime-character with flames emerging from his eyes...

Kaito: What the hell were you thinking! We can't be involved with some stupid race, with this car! If Subaru finds out about this, do you know how screwed we would be?

Ryo: He started it.

Kaito: What are you, twelve!? Look we need to get this packed up and brought back the shop so I dont have time for this now.

Ryo got back in the car and went to put the car back in the truck. He then got out and just looks at, before once again speaking with a car.

Ryo: Was a fun day today, we should do it again some time.

Rin: Talking to your cars again I see..

She said with a grin on her face.

Rin: I told you he'd be mad.

Ryo: Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know. What are you so happy about?

Rin: Oh nothing, just wondering where I'd like dinner.

Ryo: But I won.

Rin: I know.

She walks away to get ready to head home. Ryo goes about his own way to find Kaito.

Ryo: Hey! Boss! I think I'm going to stay here for the night. Just take in the sites, like the good old days.

Kaito: Alright, but you stay out of trouble, we don't need any more attention with the rally a month away.

Ryo: I'll be good, I promise mom. Heh!

Kaito just shakes his head and calls out that its time to go. The trucks move out, and starts to head back to the main land. As clouds roll in, the sky starts to get grey and dark. Ryo thinks to himself “Wonder why everybody's leaving for the indoors, the rain is the best weather to play in. First though I need some food”. Ryo gets in his Altezza and heads for the diner at the bottom of the pass.

END Part 1

PT 2 HURRICANE MAN

(the game is on tonnnnniiiiiiiiiiiiiigghhhht)

Once Ryo had reached the diner, the storm had started. It was coming down hard, the rain was pounding on the roof of the Altezza, visibility was poor, and all you could here was the rain. Not that the radio had great connection anyway.

Ryo: God, even with all the practice I've done in the rain, I wasn't ready for this. If you ask me, even I'd say this is a bit of weather.

Ryo finally made it to his favorite diner in Hokkaido. He has gone here ever since he was a kid. He eventually got to know the owners, and were his first ever sponsor for when he started rally. When he walks through the door he's greeted by one of the hosts.

Host: Look who decided to show up, our favorite driver! Doin some rain practice?

Ryo: No no, we finished testing a little bit a go, the boss is afraid of a little rain.

The owner walks out.

Owner:Ayyyyy!!

Ryo:Ayyyyy!!

The both shake hands and hug.

Owner:Its been a while.

Ryo laughs: Its been a week!

Owner: ehh long enough, I take it your here for business?

Ryo: nope, stickin around here for the rest of the day.

Owner: Great! Although you picked the wrong day to stay.

Ryo: Ehhh I kinda like the rain, has a smoothing feel to it.

Owner: I guess, it justs looks sad and dull to me. Anyways I figure you want to sit by your car?

Ryo: Well if you have a seat open there sure.

Owner: Alrighty then.

The owner grabs a menu and seats Ryo in the seat directly in front of his car. “God I still remember coming here when I was running my EP3 in rally. Nothing has changed a bit. A waitress comes over who looks extremely nervous.

Waitress: May I take your order?

Ryo smiles: I take it your new here?

Waitress: yeah.

Ryo laughs: Don't worry I'm pretty easy, just get me a burger and fries.

Waitress: yes sir, right away.

She starts walking away, Ryo looks out the window. Starts looking at the road section he used to practice on. “Might take a few spins around there after I'm done eating, show the people that there is still fun to be had in this weather.”

Suddenly two cars start to pull into the diners parking lot. Ryo clears out some steam off the window and looks through the hole. He raises his eyebrow to find that one of the cars was the Evo X he had just beaten. The car next to it is an Evo VI. The Two drivers get out of the car.

Man of Evo VI: I can't believe you lost to that guy in the Subaru! You Idiot!

Man of Evo X: He was faster than I thought, I didn't expect that from him.

The driver of the Evo VI smacks the other.

Man of Evo VI: You even had a head start!

They both start walking into the diner.

Ryo: oh this'll be fun.

Man of Evo VI: Can we get some service in this place!

Host: Yes sir, sorry sir, for two?

Man of Evo VI: Yes for two!

Host: yes sir let me show you your table.

The host takes them to the table by the windows over looking their cars. The waitress comes back to bring Ryo his food.

Ryo: Thank you, ummm how much will this be?

Waitress: Ummmmmmm

She peaks at the menu

Waitress: twelve hundred yen.

Ryo: here keep the change.

Ryo hands here 5 thousand yen.

The waitress looks surprised at Ryo.

Man of Evo VI: Hey! Waitress.

Ryo: Don't worry about them, I'll take care of it.

Ryo gets up out of his booth and sits down next to the driver of the Evo VI.

Man of Evo VI: Who the hell are you.

Ryo: Oh nobody important, but I just heard that your buddy over there, lost to some guy in a Subaru.

Man of Evo VI: Maybe, maybe not.

Ryo: You do know that Subaru was testing for a rally next month right? That section was also closed for rally teams to test today.

Man of Evo VI: Thats BS.

Ryo: Oh really, well my crew chief told me that your buddy over there, who drove the Evo X was coming.

Man of Evo VI: What!

Ryo: What if I told you I was the guy who beat you.

Both of the Evo drivers eyes went wide. Ryo leans back into the booth. He puts his arm around the Evo VI driver.

Ryo: Now you see if you would like to avenge your buddy, we can go out there right now.

Ryo points to the short track outside the window.

Man of Evo VI: Alright lets do it.

They both walk outside in the pooring rain.

Man of Evo VI: So wheres your Impreza.

Ryo: Not here, it got sent back to the main land, I use that for business, and this is by far not business.

Ryo starts walking to the Altezza.

Man of Evo VI: Your going to race me in that, pile of garbage!

The Evo driver starts laughing, Ryo just smiles.

Ryo: Yea, I guess I am.

Man of Evo VI: well good ******* luck pal.

Ryo just thinks “Your going to need the luck.” They both get into their cars and start them up. Ryo starts backing up and the Evo VI cuts him off and backs out first full throttle. The Evo driver just smiles at him. “Wow what an idiot. I'll just make this quick then.”

They both get out onto the track, for reasons Ryo can only describe as being cocky, the Evo VI driver lets him line up a bit further up.
367358-925b3c53159f5b58e723db7a82e9beeb.jpg

Ryo opens the window, and explains the race to the other driver.

Ryo: We'll only do one lap of track, the person who reaches it back here first is the winner.

The Evo VI driver agrees and starts revving his engine. The owner of the diner comes out and walks over to Ryos driver side.

Owner: I could use some excitement today, I'll start the race.

Ryo: Thats fine with me.

The owner walks in between both cars. He points to the drivers to see if they're ready, and the countdown begins.

Owner: 5!, 4!, 3!

The engines start revving wildly

Owner 2!, 1!, GO!

(Insert Hurricane Man by Gold Rake here)

The owner throws his arm down, and the two cars launch past him. The Evo goes by with a better launch than the Altezza due to its 4WD. They both head for the jump right next to the start, with full speed. Neither letting off the gas. They both hit the jump, A large trail of water left behind them because of the rain. The Evo lands hard, with the Altezza still in the air.
367359-44a779da62dfbf501f0188e2ed3dcee9.jpg

The Altezza finally touches down, it felt like it was in the air forever, but it touches down as hard as the Evo.

Ryo: Ahh **** that hurt!.

Coming up to the first hairpin the Evo VI goes into a wide slide, probably to show off how “good” it is. Ryo keeps the corner tight and holds on to what ever grip he has. There is another hairpin immediately after and the Evo VI weight transfers and slides in the other direction, but Ryo has caught up because of the first hairpin.
367360-683e8d236ba64bf5632273e8b944b56d.jpg

“This guy was better than I thought, doesn't change anything though. Hes no one I would lose to, and the only reason hes quick is because of the 4WD. In reality it doesn't seem like hes all to confident in the rain. I might be able to end this sooner than I thought.

The hairpin section is all downhill, with the Evo VI sliding everywhere struggling for grip, Ryo keeps his gas input smooth and precise allowing him to keep up with the Evo.

They come around the last bend, their is a short speed section ahead.
367363-8c17900fc675bbe11075a0493ea78418.jpg

“I know where I'm going to make my move, It'll be right after the tunnel. If I want to keep up I'm going to need to stick behind this guy as much as I can through this turn!”

The Evo quickly gains grip out of the corner only to leave the Altezza struggling. They go over the bridge and Ryo is atleast One in a half car lengths behind.
367369-49fd488e5bfd1151568475e7dceb2bfc.jpg

Ryo: This next long turn will decide your fate! Will you power through and take it! Or will you understeer and go off into the sand!

The Evo slams on the breaks hard, and Ryo follows. The Evo takes the corner a little wide, leaving just enough room on the inside, Ryo takes it. The Evo gets back on the in the middle of the turn and starts falling wide.

367364-676bc48c61ed043e57ffcd873ff337fd.jpg

Ryo just watches as the Evo falls into the corner wider and wider. They eventually exit the corner with Ryo still on the inside.

The Evo exits the corner full speed, but his outside real wheel touches the wet grass. Ryos eyes goes wide. “Thats not good.”
367361-b9863047965c22cb4f8488c69c1c7165.jpg

The Evo snaps out of control. It starts heading towards the Ryo side. Ryo slowly moves the Altezza to the outside of the track. The Evo comes across Ryos bumper and snaps back the other direction.
367365-6cebcae085a4c64036bd52bac37570c3.jpg

Ryo Grips the steering wheel tight, and gives the Altezza gas. The Altezza accelerates passed the Evo VI going into the tunnel. The Evo finally recovers and gets going again.
367362-cca340d185574c86759bd38f7337d3dc.jpg

Ryo: A little sooner than planned but this win is mine. If your going to drive an Evo like that you might as well invest in a FWD Eclipse because your not going all that fast to begin with.

Through the tunnel, Ryo leaves the Evo VI behind, with the extra grip from the dry tarmac. Once out of the tunnel, the Evos 4WD didn't make a difference. Ryo was gone. Once they both got back to the diner, the Driver of the Evo VI grabbed the driver of the Evo X and they both left. Ryo went back inside to finish his rudely interrupted meal. He opened the door and everyone was cheering. Ryo started and smiling and scratching his head, his face was completely red. “Jeez where did all these people come from.”

Owner: You've made me a happy man Ryo.

Ryo: Yea why is that?

Owner: the race gave me all these customers now I need to call people who had the day off for help.

Ryo: Can I help?

Owner: You haven't worked here in over five years.

Ryo: I can try.

Ryo Then went to the back of the Diner, Grabbed an apron and helped out the rest of the day.

Playing with the paranormal

The end of the day has finally come. Ryo hangs up the apron in the back of the of the diner and waves good bye to all the people. He walks outside, and the sun is going down. He looks at his watch and its 8:30.

Ryo: Time flew by in there. I will admit though, it was kind of fun.

Ryo looks at his Altezza. After all the people left it looked kind of lonely just sitting there.

Ryo: You know what, how about we go to one of our favorite stages, when we first started rallying.

He pulls the keys out of his pocket, unlocks it and gets in. He just looks at the steering wheel, and the gauge cluster. Just gets lost in it. Remembering back he started rallying with the Altezza. He then put the key in the ignition, started it, and drove off.

10:00

Ryo: Here we go.

Ryo punches it. The SXE10s inline-4 starts to sing. It's like hes back in his junior years. Back when he could drive how he wanted to. Didn't have to worry about Subaru on his back. A few couple corners in he started having fun with it.
369120-8ed7aae73ff1d90f66a829ed03e4866e.jpg

Ryo: God I wish I had more moments like this, I don't have to worry about anything.

After doing a couple runs in both directions, he decided one last downhill run, but only flat out. He lines up where the rally would normally, builds the revs, and launches. He goes through the first couple corners flat out no problem at all. Then a light flashes in the rear view mirror.
369121-2b6d4e4dbde6a9fd4bdf24c34c517cba.jpg

Ryo: Hmm? Whats that, doesn't matter, its going to be gone in a couple seconds.

He continues to push as hard as he can down the mountain. Although the light hasn't left his rear view mirror.

Ryo: Seriously buddy? You're really going to do this.

He continues to keep the gas planted to the floor. The lights start getting closer and closer.

Ryo: what is that, What are the driving? Is it a mark II Supra? SW20?

He Struggles to get lights far away, but all of his efforts are useless.

Ryo: What the?! No! It can't be.
369122-fbef81b6cabfc8b77dcca59ea3890610.jpg

Ryo: Hachi Rocku!

The little Trueno is glued to the back of the Altezza and Ryo can't shake it off.

Ryo: I don't care if your fast here! Your still not beating me!.

The two cars battle it out on the stage. The Trueno never leaving the Altezzas tail

Both cars are fighting hard through the mountains. Neither drivers willing to give up.
369123-4492d46a01687338c43343930ba4dfb1.jpg

Ryo: Come on! I have twice the horsepower you do! How are you keeping up! The next corner is a dangerous one. Theres no grip on the inside, especially after a storm. All the water pools on the inside of the corner. Pro rally drivers have gotten caught out by this corner. Your good hachi roku but this is where I win.

Both cars head for the Corner at top speed. Then the Trueno pulls to the inside of the corner to pass.

Ryo: What are you doing! You're going to get us killed!

The Trueno goes by flawlessly. Ryo has his Eyes opened wide and turns to look at the driver.
369124-995fc28534aefab7d19137cb01110695.jpg

Ryo: No!

The Trueno driver is bright white. The driver looks dead, ghost like. Ryo goes wide and touches the grass. The Altezza snaps and starts to spin, but Ryo lets off the gas and regains control. He tries to put the pedal to the floor but just couldn't. The Trueno gets further away. It goes until it dissapears into the night
369125-958d47f395d784a91f4ab795a844cc52.jpg

Ryo slowly pulls to the side and parks it. He gets out and looks toward where the Trueno disappeared to.

Ryo: no it cant be.

He turns around and looks at the corner he was passed at. A flashback comes into his head of a Trueno flipped upside down in the forest. The flashback cuts to the same Trueno but this time, on fire but the view is from the ground. He just stands there. Watching the corner. All of a sudden a 180SX comes up from the darkness and parks next to the Altezza
369126-482ddec905c34dae809c18772207d4b1.jpg

The driver of the 180SX gets out of the car and looks at Ryo still looking at the corner.
Kaage: What is up with this guy... He looks to of seen a ghost.

Kaage: Hey! Are you alright?

Ryo continues his stare and Kaage thinks back to himself again.

Kaage: He in a trance or something, heh, figures. That 86 was freaking fast and all.

Kaage goes closer to Ryo's Altezza, then in an instant Ryo turns over to see a lanky figure looking at him.

Ryo: Woah!

Kaage finally sees Ryo is ok, then they converse about what happened, they exchanged a bit of information about themselves too, both of them sat on the guard rail.

Kaage: So the driver was full on white skin tone?

Ryo expresses himself vibrantly: I'm not joking. You should of seen it in first person!

Kaage: Ok, ok calm down.

Anyway, I must be off. Say, if you ever need your car tuned, come to my shop in Manazuru, it's close to Hakone.

Ryo: Huh?! Why are you all the way out in Hokkaido then?!

Kaage: This is a demo car that my customer said he wanted testing on Hokkaido's roads.

Ryo: How strange. Well you are off anyway? Bye.

Kaage pauses for a second and observes Ryo then slowly speaks: Ok, bye...

Kaage gets back into his clients 180SX and speeds off into the night.

Ryo: What a strange guy. I have a feeling that isn't the last time we will meet...
Ryo gets back in his car and just sits there, looking out the window. He starts to smile.
Ryo: so this is what you've been up to. Didn't think street racing was your thing, even if you are a ghost. Well buddy, I'll give you the battle you've been waiting for.
Ryo starts the car and drives off into the night.

You can actually balance the size of the photos to the text you're putting in. Other than that, it's pretty good.

Suggestion: Please put the character names in bold.

ready guys? here is the first of the 6 chapter character intro:

Takashi Akihara: the young guns. Chapter 1: Siley and the Wangan.

2:30 pm.

It's been a nice week. i found a job on a local workshop called Green Auto Shop. nothing to get wild about, but still a nice job: sometimes car repairing, and sometimes tuning, specially from that old creepy guy that was called “jigoku no chuuna”. he sometimes brings some exotic supercars, and he is just doing it for money and retire. i'm just a kid with just one car that i have: my gorgeous “Siley”. a 1998 sileighty. SR20DET engine that reaches 415 hp. yellow with a wing that gives 10 degrees of downforce, since the car doesn't have a lot of stability. some people say that i need to modify it to 470 hp, but the car can fit into the wangan so perfectly, with a perfect acceleration and a top speed that goes perfectly...wait...i'm losing my concentration. sorry. Akihara Takashi is my name. i moved from Nagoya to Tokyo since i had a past that i dislike. i was pretty stupid when i was a little bit younger. my experience as a “hashiriya” started back at the speed ring, like 2 years ago. my parents gave me a 1994 Mitsubishi FTO GP. it was a pretty nice car, after all, it was a gift. i started to go through the midnight at the ring. i fell in love with it. a style of life and a hobby that feeds my need for speed. i was more aggressive than now: blocking, provoking...but i had a real weakness that still might affects me: cornering. or i brake too much and i lose them, or i dont brake a lot and i crash. since then, i had a stupid nickname:“Soft Katsuobushi”. Ugh... I hate it just because of a bunch of bosozoku idiots that cant figure how to tune a engine, but they know how to make a car look like a Christmas tree or a hovel. They're just a bunch of cowards with stock hp. anyway. After that, I had to discuss with my parents about selling my FTO and moving to Tokyo. Initially, they discouraged me. but a year later, I finally got their approval. 6 months later, while I was finding a job, I was supported by aniki, Akihara Daijiro. He is now a racer in Hokkaido, specially a 4wd class rally racer one. he is pretty known by the locals because of his driving style. anyway...i was talking about my sileighty. my car can easily reach out above 330 km/h and the transmission is modified to reach no more than 340 km/h. its a top gun, in my opinion. i can say its a difficult car that i fell in love with. She just has 4 cylinders and yet she can take out a whole army.

(...)

I woke up at 7:00 am and turned on the tv, specially the channel that i always tune in. the racing channel. sometimes a little bit of repeated episodes of Best Motoring, sometimes a little bit of WRC, and sometimes a little bit of National Rally. results of aniki: 3rd place in Omachi but 1st place in the Hokkaido track. huh, not a bad thing, aniki. 2 podiums in a row. that's kind of normal since he frequents the Hokkaido track for a little bit of rally and touge. well, i gotta go to job. it will be 3:00 pm now.

(...)

8:00 PM

returned to job. man, i lost the count on how much cars i repaired. well, i guess it wasn't a bad thing at all, haha. it's now 8:00 PM now. 5 hours have passed. i will take a nap and wake up in the midnight.

(...)

12:30 PM

*yawns* agh. i will go and take my jacket. i took the keys of “Siley” and went to the garage. ahh, there she is. my gorgeous first car since tokyo, excluding my old FTO of Nagoya. she is waiting to be turned on and go to the pavement midnight playground. one of the reasons that i moved up excluding the reason of escaping from those guys that gave me a pain in the head, it was because of the Wangan. a long straightaway where people takes off their soul that uses every day and leaves their old pain and step it up without mercy on the throttle, hoping their scars disappear in their soul. sometimes they crash, but they have enough cash to just stay quiet in their bucket seats and laugh a little bit. sometimes they get serious injuries and lose their cars, but they don't think about danger. they hopefully took out the stress and their feelings of rage. i opened the door and threw off my jacket in the passenger seat. the jacket was nearly recognizable from there. i entered and closed the door, just to buckle up in the bucket seat of the driver seat. i turned on the engine...ahhh...the sound of the 4 cylinder. the engine note that makes me sigh in a good way...its perfect...415 hp at 8000 RPM and a turbine that gives me 1.5 kg/cm2 of boost. its a beauty that can kill the hope of a GTR owner. they always think that a Skyline can take the Wangan. i always laugh at them. they are no more than rookies with a overpowered car. as i opened the garage door, i made up my way to the Wangan.

(...)

12:40 am.

I parked up near Daikoku Futou. there was a mix of cars, but most of them are domestics: Subarus, and an R32. Some exotics to note are an R8 and an old Ferrari. Hmph! Quite an interesting bunch. Heh, i'm just gonna do a race here and i will go back home.

Q4MzSUpEwIylX5_w24kfrW6V9BFo2ntowFWPVAceuPSi1k7KOpn3M8wJ-8IHqGvr__w7uHiaZUaQHkIDcc8mhfAVkDLsvNnv6qnMW-rDWcgCFOMP53VLlsOGKXCE6-SNSzaCYrg

(...)

i talked to the r32 guy, seems its a limited edition one. we stated that the first who goes first before the hairpin, wins. deal.

LvsKDPKSIuvBbESxT0y6X44uHpcViv3D_c9w6EFkkLJbNc1C_vdSRVRQOSOofazb3eD-_t8N6WDXNgfEoPMQ8ijyOPyw5hsEvW1osz1R37q8pzHDkqFDK48prrgLRt_BXhIcB1M

(...)

“This guy is still on my back and we are going to arrive to the bridge. ok, focus on this race. 270 km/h at 8000 rpm...shift to 6th gear. nice. now this has to go over 300 km/h...the Wangan barrier. when you hit 300km/h, the real battle starts there. A speed that transcends reality, going much faster than the average traffic. Sure, Autobahn doesn't have any limit, but is not the same thing, since you are being watched all the time and to dispel the myth, only some sections are derestricted."

MjzAqMFfroEAmChdY0wnLXriuX4EF663HFZ17NwbUoaEwwu2vxUTBXYHhqHJ2eHquf_PRegpwtntzyaNS-USo7cdQOWgLGWXwqvasBtiJiGBhaeq8AjF4aQs9XXCMcHEaq9LjBE

(...)

we are heading through the tunnel...hey...i think this guy fold back. huh. he wasn't able to keep up...what a shame. well, i just gotta go to my home.

8F10YDXAIfEURvSp850AAQJKRsaiWhUaWbCFiIgkwbs5hf2__cdHWaBu5NH_jT_01WdmdUcxFxrYkaOFwcj3m-KH1TAMvijSeZ5DfZtieyhHMy15jNFdlQZ-DxMNMwhi7n_pomk

(...)

turning on the hairpin…what a relaxing thing. i won a race today. not bad at al-wait a minute...that sounds pretty characteristical...the sound of the turbine...thats a flat 4 turbo! well…nothing to get wild about, its just a strai-wait...that guy honked at me. huh, so you really want a race? fine, another victory that i will take to home.

e5Y1HHD9BAkFbTxiR6ebEQ5Gt7VpYQa8U55KAM1zXr8u6wQ22FtWSmm9Hov7QJIMFWHHBw_9-NhgM30BQ44T5fgwiCnuCNJnQY7wTV7GYqMuygs26CSCUIznsoDN-3gME7Dp83Y

huh. it seems this guy is only on my back. i will let you go...but...this guy tries to spook me or what? i will just focus on the road to victory. 300 km/h barrier, HERE I GO!

(...)

we are in the tunnel now. it seems this guy is like folding back. he really wants to catch me, but he can't. well, i will call this a day.

qpGeeaJqTHkiRNlN5_BE07Q7t4ZM70v8OofsTaIScIzaiEUlthME-R_9TUEaashYKFDYatxM2OzaChjxXTv3FZo60adsHiIXNd2GuqACfshtNrDJK7KbzMFLwh3ImM97xOo7okU

(...)

well, it seems that i will go back...holy crap. that guy just spun out? well, i guess this isn't your home turf. should i help him? no...i had a bad past, watching people with serious injuries back in Nagoya. i don't really want to pass over that situation.

bi1kt8THGyeNp05owsbPVV2-Yupw--IKzBBiAq6p-zYsmqXtV6FValKGHFpyM_tFdDu4imqHe8lh1ini-Bfj9qRRQ8koFdymN0S7frsprzXp3jG7vGK8VWQJN18tu6FITlsjTU0

(...)

whew. it has been a nice day, and a rough one for the rookie with the subie. 2 victories in a row and my performance with the sileighty just gets better. what time is it? 12:45 am? well, i should go back home fast, i need to take a rest and all that stuff. man, this was a great day! a nice mix of people in the PA, some rookies that i won and better yet, 2 out of 2 in victories! well, i gotta go home. this was a great night, after all…

The End

EUfs9UkkfCbA1o1CoUXOjVTP60eUrq_bfkr95PiwejsM-hXQg5JYW4a2qKiTluTpH2e9E4YQXJjAZJaja6qGc2HP71AUXTaAsPlmXcvUuvcfIV-bcAEoLldXPsGBZtqw_yh6VXo

PS: thanks to @RCKakashi14 for editing the chapter.

Last edited:

It's been a nice week. i found a job on a local workshop called Green Auto Shop. nothing to get wild about, but still a nice job: sometimes car repairing, and sometimes tuning, specially from that old creepy guy that was called “jigoku no chuuna”. he sometimes brings some exotic supercars, and he is just doing it for money and retire. i'm just a kid with just one car that i have: my gorgeous “Siley”. a 1998 sileighty. SR20DET engine that reaches 415 hp. yellow with a wing that gives 10 degrees of downforce, since the car doesn't have a lot of stability. some people say that i need to modify it to 470 hp, but the car can fit into the wangan so perfectly, with a perfect acceleration and a top speed that goes perfectly...wait...i'm losing my concentration. sorry. Akihara Takashi is my name. i moved from Nagoya to Tokyo since i had a past that i dislike. i was pretty stupid when i was a little bit younger. my experience as a “hashiriya” started back at the speed ring, like 2 years ago. my parents gave me a 1994 Mitsubishi FTO GP. it was a pretty nice car, after all, it was a gift. i started to go through the midnight at the ring. i fell in love with it. a style of life and a hobby that feeds my need for speed. i was more aggressive than now: blocking, provoking...but i had a real weakness that still might affects me: cornering. or i brake too much and i lose them, or i dont brake a lot and i crash. since then, i had a stupid nickname:“Soft Katsuobushi”. Ugh... I hate it just because of a bunch of bosozoku idiots that cant figure how to tune a engine, but they know how to make a car look like a Christmas tree or a hovel. They're just a bunch of cowards with stock hp. anyway. After that, I had to discuss with my parents about selling my FTO and moving to Tokyo. Initially, they discouraged me. but a year later, I finally got their approval. 6 months later, while I was finding a job, I was supported by aniki, Akihara Daijiro. He is now a racer in Hokkaido, specially a 4wd class rally racer one. he is pretty known by the locals because of his driving style. anyway...i was talking about my sileighty. my car can easily reach out above 330 km/h and the transmission is modified to reach no more than 340 km/h. its a top gun, in my opinion. i can say its a difficult car that i fell in love with. She just has 4 cylinders and yet she can take out a whole army.

(...)

I woke up at 7:00 am and turned on the tv, specially the channel that i always tune in. the racing channel. sometimes a little bit of repeated episodes of Best Motoring, sometimes a little bit of WRC, and sometimes a little bit of National Rally. results of aniki: 3rd place in Omachi but 1st place in the Hokkaido track. huh, not a bad thing, aniki. 2 podiums in a row. that's kind of normal since he frequents the Hokkaido track for a little bit of rally and touge. well, i gotta go to job. it will be 3:00 pm now.

(...)

returned to job. man, i lost the count on how much cars i repaired. well, i guess it wasn't a bad thing at all, haha. it's now 8:00 PM now. 5 hours have passed. i will take a nap and wake up in the midnight.

(...)

*yawns* agh. i will go and take my jacket. i took the keys of “Siley” and went to the garage. ahh, there she is. my gorgeous first car since tokyo, excluding my old FTO of Nagoya. she is waiting to be turned on and go to the pavement midnight playground. one of the reasons that i moved up excluding the reason of escaping from those guys that gave me a pain in the head, it was because of the Wangan. a long straightaway where people takes off their soul that uses every day and leaves their old pain and step it up without mercy on the throttle, hoping their scars disappear in their soul. sometimes they crash, but they have enough cash to just stay quiet in their bucket seats and laugh a little bit. sometimes they get serious injuries and lose their cars, but they don't think about danger. they hopefully took out the stress and their feelings of rage. i opened the door and threw off my jacket in the passenger seat. the jacket was nearly recognizable from there. i entered and closed the door, just to buckle up in the bucket seat of the driver seat. i turned on the engine...ahhh...the sound of the 4 cylinder. the engine note that makes me sigh in a good way...its perfect...415 hp at 8000 RPM and a turbine that gives me 1.5 kg/cm2 of boost. its a beauty that can kill the hope of a GTR owner. they always think that a Skyline can take the Wangan. i always laugh at them. they are no more than rookies with a overpowered car. as i opened the garage door, i made up my way to the Wangan.

(...)

I parked up near Daikoku Futou. there was a mix of cars, but most of them are domestics: Subarus, and an R32. Some exotics to note are an R8 and an old Ferrari. Hmph! Quite an interesting bunch. Heh, i'm just gonna do a race here and i will go back home.

Q4MzSUpEwIylX5_w24kfrW6V9BFo2ntowFWPVAceuPSi1k7KOpn3M8wJ-8IHqGvr__w7uHiaZUaQHkIDcc8mhfAVkDLsvNnv6qnMW-rDWcgCFOMP53VLlsOGKXCE6-SNSzaCYrg

(...)

i talked to the r32 guy, seems its a limited edition one. we stated that the first who goes first before the hairpin, wins. deal.

LvsKDPKSIuvBbESxT0y6X44uHpcViv3D_c9w6EFkkLJbNc1C_vdSRVRQOSOofazb3eD-_t8N6WDXNgfEoPMQ8ijyOPyw5hsEvW1osz1R37q8pzHDkqFDK48prrgLRt_BXhIcB1M

(...)

“This guy is still on my back and we are going to arrive to the bridge. ok, focus on this race. 270 km/h at 8000 rpm...shift to 6th gear. nice. now this has to go over 300 km/h...the Wangan barrier. when you hit 300km/h, the real battle starts there. A speed that transcends reality, going much faster than the average traffic. Sure, Autobahn doesn't have any limit, but is not the same thing, since you are being watched all the time and to dispel the myth, only some sections are derestricted."

MjzAqMFfroEAmChdY0wnLXriuX4EF663HFZ17NwbUoaEwwu2vxUTBXYHhqHJ2eHquf_PRegpwtntzyaNS-USo7cdQOWgLGWXwqvasBtiJiGBhaeq8AjF4aQs9XXCMcHEaq9LjBE

(...)

we are heading through the tunnel...hey...i think this guy fold back. huh. he wasn't able to keep up...what a shame. well, i just gotta go to my home.

8F10YDXAIfEURvSp850AAQJKRsaiWhUaWbCFiIgkwbs5hf2__cdHWaBu5NH_jT_01WdmdUcxFxrYkaOFwcj3m-KH1TAMvijSeZ5DfZtieyhHMy15jNFdlQZ-DxMNMwhi7n_pomk

(...)

turning on the hairpin…what a relaxing thing. i won a race today. not bad at al-wait a minute...that sounds pretty characteristical...the sound of the turbine...thats a flat 4 turbo! well…nothing to get wild about, its just a strai-wait...that guy honked at me. huh, so you really want a race? fine, another victory that i will take to home.

e5Y1HHD9BAkFbTxiR6ebEQ5Gt7VpYQa8U55KAM1zXr8u6wQ22FtWSmm9Hov7QJIMFWHHBw_9-NhgM30BQ44T5fgwiCnuCNJnQY7wTV7GYqMuygs26CSCUIznsoDN-3gME7Dp83Y

huh. it seems this guy is only on my back. i will let you go...but...this guy tries to spook me or what? i will just focus on the road to victory. 300 km/h barrier, HERE I GO!

(...)

we are in the tunnel now. it seems this guy is like folding back. he really wants to catch me, but he can't. well, i will call this a day.

qpGeeaJqTHkiRNlN5_BE07Q7t4ZM70v8OofsTaIScIzaiEUlthME-R_9TUEaashYKFDYatxM2OzaChjxXTv3FZo60adsHiIXNd2GuqACfshtNrDJK7KbzMFLwh3ImM97xOo7okU

(...)

well, it seems that i will go back...holy crap. that guy just spun out? well, i guess this isn't your home turf. should i help him? no...i had a bad past, watching people with serious injuries back in Nagoya. i don't really want to pass over that situation.

bi1kt8THGyeNp05owsbPVV2-Yupw--IKzBBiAq6p-zYsmqXtV6FValKGHFpyM_tFdDu4imqHe8lh1ini-Bfj9qRRQ8koFdymN0S7frsprzXp3jG7vGK8VWQJN18tu6FITlsjTU0

(...)

whew. it has been a nice day, and a rough one for the rookie with the subie. 2 victories in a row and my performance with the sileighty just gets better. what time is it? 12:45 am? well, i should go back home fast, i need to take a rest and all that stuff. man, this was a great day! a nice mix of people in the PA, some rookies that i won and better yet, 2 out of 2 in victories! well, i gotta go home. this was a great night, after all…

The End

EUfs9UkkfCbA1o1CoUXOjVTP60eUrq_bfkr95PiwejsM-hXQg5JYW4a2qKiTluTpH2e9E4YQXJjAZJaja6qGc2HP71AUXTaAsPlmXcvUuvcfIV-bcAEoLldXPsGBZtqw_yh6VXo

Can you cut out the blurb about the Ferrari?

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

The End

I WAS THE SUBARU!!!!

I WAS THE SUBARU!!!!
same thing like the Evo VI! the reason of sliding in the corners were because of the AYC setup that created a car with a lot of acceleration and sacrifices the traction, making it like a controlable car (if you can handle it well).

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

(...)

The End

I can see the Ferrari 288 GTO was ghosted beside my Impreza

I can see the Ferrari 288 GTO was ghosted beside my Impreza
There's no ferrari there it's just a ghost image of one..:odd:..
But kaz made a great work.. honestly you have to really look at the picture to see it's silhouette.

Also great chapter takashi

same thing like the Evo VI! the reason of sliding in the corners were because of the AYC setup that created a car with a lot of acceleration and sacrifices the traction, making it like a controlable car (if you can handle it well).
Fun fact, that was a perfectly executed drift, that I did not completely rip the e-brake, nor did I slam into the wall

*Story written by Yusenkyo, revised/rewritten by Obelisk

Chapter 2: “Encounters on the Highway”

Suzuka Circuit, 2 PM local time

A white DC2 screamed down the track with precision and ease; the roar of its engine and the screeching of the tires the only sounds a spectator could hear from the machine. Inside the car was a different story. The sound was completely different as the driver, Mizuho, laughed and smiled widely as he guided the DC2 through the track. It was not his car, but a demo car that his good friend Ichiro had brought out to let him try. As Mizuho passed the pit lane at full blast, he caught a glimpse of his own NSX in a car port. The car seemed to be watching its owner having fun, since it had worn out its tires the day before carrying him to the track. It had been a simple journey, but had become a drifting adventure.

The DC2 returned to the pits, having worn its tires to the point of nearly shredding them. He stepped out of the cars with a giant smile, much like the Cheshire cat from Alice in Wonderland would have. His friend, Ichiro, and the mechanics come out from the car port to give the car a thorough inspection. As the mechanics are looking over the car, Mizuho and Ichiro shake hands, then hug and laugh.

Ichiro: “Good thing that was just a trial run...Or were those first 15 laps just a go at my best T.A. record?

Mizuho: “I’m sorry. It just took me a bit to get used to the car...And it’s not my fault your record was broken. The car just handles very well and it’s as precise as a surgeon’s knife. Besides, I’m still not that good and didn’t see the car’s true power. I guess I’m not the one it’ll show that to.”

Ichiro: “ ‘Not that good of a driver’. You did a 2:19.503...You just beat the lap time of a track-tuned Porsche GT3 RS, in a company-provided Integra, and you’re ‘not that good of a driver’? Who are you trying to trick? Oh, am I going to get fallout from this test...Too bad it wasn’t an official TA run...Would have loved to see the Porsche driver’s face. So anyways, Mizuho-chan, how did you like the DC2?”

Their dialogue constantly flipping between English and Japanese earned a few laughs from the mechanics. Mizuho lets his hair out from the helmet and then loosens it with his hands. He wipes some sweat off of his head and then sits next to the car as he tosses a water bottle to Ichiro as he opens his own bottle and takes a drink from it

Mizuho: “Still, I’m being honest when I say I’m not a good driver. Now about the car...I loved it. It may not have a lot of power, but it’s a different experience with the high revs and the speed of the engine. I would love to try it on the touge...And quit adding ‘chan’ to my name Ichiro.”

Ichiro: “Um...on the touge? It’s been a long time since I took the DC2 there, but the car isn’t street-legal anymore. I registered it as a racing car. Oh, and ‘chan’ adds character to your name. People think you’re a girl until they get close to you, anyways.” He laughs at his own joke.

Mizuho: “You got me there. I like long hair, though, so there’s no getting around that. So...if this car can’t run on the street...I’ll just buy one and you set it up like this DC2. One question, though. How long would it take for you to build this spec for the street?”

Ichiro: “That’s true...Wait, you want me to build this car for touge?! Um...I could have it ready in...um...maybe two months? Anything for you, brother. Thank you for giving my ship a wonderful reputation and plenty of work...Plus meeting such a great person. I’m deeply honored that you have confidence in my team and I. I’ll try not to paint your new car pink, Mizuho-chan.”

Mizuho grabs a nearby foam bat and chases Ichiro down the pit lane. People can be heard laughing from the car ports. There’s something innocent about seeing two friends trying to be serious while joking around...Suzaku, Mizuho’s NSX, watches the two friends running around the pit lane…”Those two are definitely good friends” Suzaku thinks to herself.

Yokosuka, midnight

Walking back from the nearby convenience store with a juice can, Mizuho walks back to his house. He pauses momentarily as he hears the deep rumble of some engine starting in the distance. A soft breeze passes over him as he looks in the distance and thinks…”Maybe today I’ll go to that place Ichiro-san was talking about…I’ve been cooped up for two weeks doing nothing but business meetings...And I reckon Suzaku is getting lazy.” He chuckles a bit at this last thought and then and finishes the walk back to his house. He changes into more casual clothes and has his dinner. He heads down to the garage and turns on the lights. He sees the slightly pink DC2 he bought from Ichiro, built to spec as he asked for. His gaze moves over to his beloved NSX, Suzaku.

Mizuho: “Hey Suzaku, today we’re going on a field trip to a place called the Wangan. Ichiro-san was talking endlessly about it...What do you think?"

As he gets in the car, he can feel the racing seat embrace him. He starts the engine and hears the classic growl which is the car is telling him that it hasn’t gotten lazy like Mizuho. He laughs and pats the steering wheel.

Mizuho: “Ok, ok! We’re going.”

He drives out of his garage and heads to the highways, where he eventually arrives at the infamous section known as the Wangan. As he enters the area, he gets a full-body sensation of goosebumps...Is someone protecting this area?

The straight on the highway looked eerie...Yet the surface of the road was smooth and felt great! He could tell how much grip was available on both ends of the car. He floors it and lets the v-tec engine rev and howl as he tears through this abandoned section of the Wangan. He is absolutely enjoying the speed, sensation and sound of flying down this empty road, but couldn’t shake the feeling of being watched. He didn’t see anything until he reached the PA…

As he entered the PA, he was expecting it to be empty. He noticed a white car, however, and decided to park next to it. It’s an Audi R8...These things are usually not seen outside of auto shows, as most R8 owners are afraid to use them as normal cars. This R8, however, has seen a lot of use as a daily driver should. It’s clear the owner thoroughly enjoys driving this car and appreciates it for what it is. He steps out of the car and pops the engine bay open to let the engine cool off, he walks over to a coffee machine to get a cup. The air out here is cool and crisp, and as he gazes at the R8, he notices that its exhaust is bronzed. It also has considerable wear on its tires, and an interesting stance. This certainly was no show car. The idea makes Mizuho smile, and he notices that the driver is sitting in the car and was watching him the whole time. Somehow, he was too out of it to notice the driver! Feeling like a dunce, he hears a soft laughter and then Suzaku seems to speak to him...“So you finally noticed him?” He turns to his car and tries to telepathically ask it: “Should I approach the driver?” Getting an answer from the car would surely make him seem crazy, imagining a thing like that. He always would swear it was true… He gets an answer. “You did bring me here to see this place, and to see what’s so special about it. It was nice to finally open up without any hesitation...Maybe our neighbor feels the same?” She does have a point...He walks over to the Audi’s driver side window and pulls his hair back a bit, all while trying to muster the courage to talk to this driver. The window on the Audi rolls down.

Mizuho: Good evening. Sorry for not noticing you before...Would you like a coffee or something? I’m from Yokosuka. My name is Mizuho...Mizuho Miyanokouji.

Audi driver: "Oh, nice NSX there. Definitely better looking than those poseurs in their Silvias and GT-Rs. By the way, my name is Kenjiro Sato, and you must have a nice time staring at my R8. Never worry, because I'm not a typical spoiled brat whose car was bought by his parents. I worked hard for this used R8, and tuned it to my liking.
I feel like having a proper shakedown. Want to go for a little run?"

They settled for doing a race on the Wangan. As is tradition, the pre-race roll starts on the third beep from the Audi’s horn, and the race itself starts as soon as the PA ends and the highway begins. Mizuho agrees to this and closes the engine bay on Suzaku. He gets in the car and starts it, then rolls up next to the Audi. The pleasant growl of the NSX’s engine combined with the deeper note of the Audi resonated together. He turns on his GPS and makes sure that he buckled in firmly. He puts the NSX into gear and as the third beep sounds, they set off, with his NSX in pursuit of the R8.

Special%20Stage%20Route%207_2.jpg

As they get on the highway, he floors the gas and the car pulses as she notices the resolve of her owner. She chases down the R8 with all of her might. Mizuho shifted as precisely as he could and uses his racing skills to find the ideal racing line to overtake the R8.

The R8, however, had other plans and started to increase the gap between itself and the NSX. Suzaku was pushing her engine to the maximum limit possible and Mizuho was paying careful attention to his dials and gauges to make sure nothing was going wrong. As the two cars reached the tunnel, the R8 was getting even further away, and any gains that Mizuho made were nullified. The NSX’s engine was so far past the normal redline...It’s been ages since he last pushed this engine so hard...Yet both Suzaku and him were enjoying this, the resonating tone of the engine an affirmation that this was completely OK.

After the race was over, they returned to the PA. Mizuho parked next to the R8 again and opened the engine bay to once again let her engine cool off. Wow, did she enjoy that race...He still has the feeling that someone was watching him closely, as if they were looking into his soul. As he looks around to see if he can spot anyone, Suzaku answers the question he had in his mind. “Yes, Mizuho...Someone has been watching us since we entered the Wangan. Don’t worry about it for now, they’re nowhere near us.” Mizuho nods softly and he hears a faint sigh from the car, which makes him chuckle.

He looked at the R8 and wondered if the driver would join him for refreshments...Or would he leave? It was awfully late at night, and he might have to head off. But for Mizuho, he wanted to let the engine cool off and go for another run. This place has a magical charm to it...Even though there was an eerie feel to it...This has gotten interesting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a bonus section written by Obelisk.

A tall, blonde man was sitting on a bench about a half mile from the PA...Those two cars were pretty quick. They weren’t as quick as his car, but it would be interesting to see how how they compare. Either way, they were invading his turf. They would have to be dealt with at a later time. His phone rings and he answers it.

???: Hello?

Phone: Hey, boss! You see the new guys here?

???: Indeed I have. I’ll dispatch their hopes for high speed racing…

Phone: Don’t do anything stupid like your father…

???: I’m not stupid! Besides, you’re below me, you can’t order me around.

Phone: ...Right. Hey, we have a guy in an MX5 challenging us to a low-power wangan battle.

???: Take care of him.

The man hangs up his phone and looks at the PA where the two cars met after the race. That R8 would be a serious problem...It took that corner at almost 300 km/h...That will be a problem for another day. Right now, he needs to get his car re-tuned because his so-called tuner messed up and almost destroyed the carburetor…

He gets into a French Blue Lotus Europa and drives off, the quiet putter of the engine the only sound in this silent night...

Last edited:
Dillon "Tak" Tsuchiya's intro

10PM - Wangan

A certain high pitched engine can be heard challenging the wangan at high speeds, lucky for this guy there was a crash at an earlier junction so the highway was left to every racers dreams. Empty. A certain racer is found traversing the Wangan, his name - Dillon.

Backstory 1.png

Dillon: Ah, nothing like giving my old RX7 a good lap of the highway after a quick tune, it’s so great in Japan, pretty much like how I imagined it to be in fact.

My name is Dillon, I’m a touge runner mainly, I’ve lived in Canada for most my life, but well, for certain reasons I moved to Japan to attend university, that’s going along just fine for now I guess, I met some new friends there too. It’s great here, I really enjoy the touge most of all, but the highway routes are good too.

Backstory 2.png

Dillon, after a quick run on the wangan decides to take the off-ramp to the PA (Parking area) for a drink, he thought it may be a good idea to check his oil too.

Dillon: A coffee is great stress relief too, going to university is hard work. I barely get time to see major races or even participate in them that often with that, but I have my methods. Hehe.

After that quick think, he goes and checks the oil in the FD…

Backstory 3.png

Dillon: Huh, hasn’t burnt yet. That’s a good sign aha.

That’s strange… Oh! I bet I know why actually.

I remember, that guy ‘Ryosuke Takahashi’ who tuned my FD. I bet he even did the standard procedures that dealerships would do to even? Heh.

Now, Enough idling, time to put this rotary rocket to the test!

Backstory 4.png

Dillon starts up his ferocious sounding FD again, and the roar of the engine emits around while speeding down the on-ramp.

Dillon: Woah, this thing seems to have gotten only faster with that tune, thanks to that Ryosuke guy.

You know… I actually wonder what a true race here would feel like, I’ve never raced a quick enough opponent here to even know. Hell, this FD just flies by the other racers like a bullet! I can easily best anyone in the FD if I put my mind to it.

It’s so fun speeding this thing down here now I think about it, but…

Backstory 5.png

Dillon mutters as he remembers that he has classes tomorrow.

Dillon: Oh darn, I gotta go home quick! Classes are tomorrow too.

Backstory 6.png

Oh well, so long for now wangan, I’ll be here once again.

With that Dillon steps it up to full throttle and his FD can be heard a mile away brewing a storm of full on performance down the highway, as he continues back to his house.

THE END

Writer notes -

Dillon is ruwan's character in the story, I am writing on his side, but the story is his idea mainly, just written by me. :cheers:

Last edited:
Akane's Intro Part 1: Salvaged Scrap Metal
5:00 A.M. Kyoto
Beep... Beep... Beep!!!

?:
Akane, it's time to wake up, you're going to be late!
Akane: Ugh, why do I have to go through this every morning? I need my beauty sleep.
?: Akane, if you don't get up right now, I'll just pick you up as you are right now and drop you off at the school, do you want to go through that again?
Akane: Fine, I'll get ready. Try putting on a kimono once in a while, it's a lot harder than some think.
?:Too bad, just get ready.
Akane: Whatever -slams door shut- ugh, having to go through this for the past 2 years is annoying.

-7:00 A.M. Geisha School -

My name is Akane Mizuki, and I'm currently going through geisha school. Not by choice, mind you. My parents died in an accident when I was little, and my uncle has been taking of me eversince.My mom was all about tradition and what not, so her wish ever since I was born was for me to be a geisha. So yea... Anyways, I would rather be outside, exploring the mountains, taking hikes, site seeing, you know, exciting stuff. But...

Teacher: Miss Mizuki! Pay attention!
Akane: Can't I have a moment to myself for once?
Teacher: What was that?
Akane:Nothing.
Teacher: Miss Mizuki, let me remind you that a proper geisha treats all of her guests with respect. Now, as punishment, you'll be staying after school prepping the recreation area for tomorrow's lesson. Do I make myself clear?
Akane: Sure.
Teacher: I can't hear you.
Akane: -sigh- yes m'am
Teacher: Good.

-Later that day-
?:Psst, Akane.
Akane: What is it now?
?: It's me, Yuzu, you're knight in shining armor ready to res-
Akane: What took you so long?
Yuzu: Er, umm, traffic was heavy...
Akane: It broke down again, didn't it?
Yuzu: ...yea.
Akane: Let's just go.
Yuzu is a friend of mine, going back to when I was about five. He's a cool guy, but the car he drives, a Lancer 1600 GSR, has been around Kyoto enough to probably lap Japan twice. So it tends to break down frequently. Not to mention it smells...
Yuzu:
So, where do you want to go?
Akane: Well, I've been sneaking out and doing some part-time jobs late at night. I finally have enough cash to get my own ca-
Yuzu: Wait, you've been sneaking out at night, behind your uncle's back, and working? No wonder why you've been looking like a zombie these past months.
Akane: That's not the point. Anyways, as I was saying, I can finally get my own car and not have to rely on you and your rust bucket.
Yuzu: You don't even have license!
Akane: You'd be surprised at the stuff you can do at night. -Shows license-
Yuzu: Not even going to ask. I'll take to the nearest dealership.
Akane: And don't ever call me a zombie again. -smacks Yuzu on the side of his head-
Yuzu: Ow, fine! Although, even zombies would run away from you, hehe.
Akane: What!

-Used Car Dealer, Kyoto-
Akane:
All of these cars look worse than your rust bucket...
Yuzu: Sigh, well, this is the only dealer near town. Won't be able to go much farther till I fix my "rust bucket".
Owner: Can I help y'all?
Yuzu: Yes, we'd like to-
Akane: Buy a car that isn't falling apart.
Owner: Heh, you'd be surprised. Just name your price and I'll find y'all something nice. Come over to my office.
Yuzu:Akane, you can at least to act nice once in a while.
Akane: Hmph
Owner: Well, going over our lot with your price range, this is the only one that fits.It'sund back, so come with me.
The group arrive at the car
Akane: What is it?
Owner: A Toyota Sprinter Trueno from '83. A good year, it's lightly modified, has about 250,000 kilometers, and-
Akane: Auto or stick?
Owner: Stick.
Yuzu: You didn't learn stick, did you?
Akane: Sigh, doesn't matter. Is this the only thing you have.
Owner: Yep, I would charge you more, but I'm giving y'all a couple's discount.
Akane's face turned red: we-we're not a-
Yuzu: We'll take it!
Akane: Ugh, fine. -punches Yuzu when the shop owner turns around-
Yuzu:Ow!
- As they walk back to the office, Akane places her hand on the car's roof. She then suddenly feels a chill run up her arm.-
-End of part one-

Akane's Intro Part 1: Salvaged Scrap Metal
5:00 A.M. Kyoto
Beep... Beep... Beep!!!

?:
Akane, it's time to wake up, you're going to be late!
Akane: Ugh, why do I have to go through this every morning? I need my beauty sleep.
?: Akane, if you don't get up right now, I'll just pick you up as you are right now and drop you off at the school, do you want to go through that again?
Akane: Fine, I'll get ready. Try putting on a kimono once in a while, it's a lot harder than some think.
?:Too bad, just get ready.
Akane: Whatever -slams door shut- ugh, having to go through this for the past 2 years is annoying.

-7:00 A.M. Geisha School -

My name is Akane Mizuki, and I'm currently going through geisha school. Not by choice, mind you. My parents died in an accident when I was little, and my uncle has been taking of me eversince.My mom was all about tradition and what not, so her wish ever since I was born was for me to be a geisha. So yea... Anyways, I would rather be outside, exploring the mountains, taking hikes, site seeing, you know, exciting stuff. But...

Teacher: Miss Mizuki! Pay attention!
Akane: Can't I have a moment to myself for once?
Teacher: What was that?
Akane:Nothing.
Teacher: Miss Mizuki, let me remind you that a proper geisha treats all of her guests with respect. Now, as punishment, you'll be staying after school prepping the recreation area for tomorrow's lesson. Do I make myself clear?
Akane: Sure.
Teacher: I can't hear you.
Akane: -sigh- yes m'am
Teacher: Good.

-Later that day-
?:Psst, Akane.
Akane: What is it now?
?: It's me, Yuzu, you're knight in shining armor ready to res-
Akane: What took you so long?
Yuzu: Er, umm, traffic was heavy...
Akane: It broke down again, didn't it?
Yuzu: ...yea.
Akane: Let's just go.
Yuzu is a friend of mine, going back to when I was about five. He's a cool guy, but the car he drives, a Lancer 1600 GSR, has been around Kyoto enough to probably lap Japan twice. So it tends to break down frequently. Not to mention it smells...
Yuzu:
So, where do you want to go?
Akane: Well, I've been sneaking out and doing some part-time jobs late at night. I finally have enough cash to get my own ca-
Yuzu: Wait, you've been sneaking out at night, behind your uncle's back, and working? No wonder why you've been looking like a zombie these past months.
Akane: That's not the point. Anyways, as I was saying, I can finally get my own car and not have to rely on you and your rust bucket.
Yuzu: You don't even have license!
Akane: You'd be surprised at the stuff you can do at night. -Shows license-
Yuzu: Not even going to ask. I'll take to the nearest dealership.
Akane: And don't ever call me a zombie again. -smacks Yuzu on the side of his head-
Yuzu: Ow, fine! Although, even zombies would run away from you, hehe.
Akane: What!

-Used Car Dealer, Kyoto-
Akane:
All of these cars look worse than your rust bucket...
Yuzu: Sigh, well, this is the only dealer near town. Won't be able to go much farther till I fix my "rust bucket".
Owner: Can I help y'all?
Yuzu: Yes, we'd like to-
Akane: Buy a car that isn't falling apart.
Owner: Heh, you'd be surprised. Just name your price and I'll find y'all something nice. Come over to my office.
Yuzu:Akane, you can at least to act nice once in a while.
Akane: Hmph
Owner: Well, going over our lot with your price range, this is the only one that fits.It'sund back, so come with me.
The group arrive at the car
Akane: What is it?
Owner: A Toyota Sprinter Trueno from '83. A good year, it's lightly modified, has about 250,000 kilometers, and-
Akane: Auto or stick?
Owner: Stick.
Yuzu: You didn't learn stick, did you?
Akane: Sigh, doesn't matter. Is this the only thing you have.
Owner: Yep, I would charge you more, but I'm giving y'all a couple's discount.
Akane's face turned red: we-we're not a-
Yuzu: We'll take it!
Akane: Ugh, fine. -punches Yuzu when the shop owner turns around-
Yuzu:Ow!
- As they walk back to the office, Akane places her hand on the car's roof. She then suddenly feels a chill run up her arm.-
-End of part one-
Interesting story and nice feel to the flow in the story..

Chapter 2: Matsuda and some foreigners.

7:00 am

*yawn* I woke up with a small headache...But man, it was a great night! I mean, two back to back victories was totally worth it. *yawn* Who’s calling me at this time of day? Well, I guess I’ll answer it. Oh...It’s Matsuda again. How typical of him to call at these odd times of day...It always makes me grumpy.

Matsuda: “Yo, bro!”

Takashi: “Yo.”

Matsuda: “I heard about your races last night. man! Beating an R32 and a GC8? That's incredible! ...I mean, they could've won if your car and their cars were stock”

Takashi: “How typical of you to say that...You and your MX5 are the same story. You race a lot of oddballs driving rotaries and 4 cylinder cars like my Sileighty.”

Matsuda: “But dude, I mean…I’m still better than you. hehe.”

Takashi: “You may have a lighter car, but I can see you losing your temper when I beat you to the bridge with a 5 second handicap.”

Matsuda: “Ok, ok! Hey, I’ll be seeing you at the Daikoku Futou PA. Eh...Only to see how you got those other guys to challenge you.”

Takashi: “Hehe...Well, see ya then!”

*laughs* He’s an oddball, isn't he? Well...he is Matsuda Koichiro, a high school friend of mine. He’s always annoying, but can be charismatic....I guess that’s why he’s always around girls, even if they reject him at the end of their dates. Not a big surprise, considering his attitude around friendly people. *sigh* I guess I will just make some coffee.

(...)

7:15 am

I drink a little bit of my last cup of coffee for today, and go to my living room to watch some professional racing. I turn on my TV and...guess what’s going on? It’s some footage of aniki* in Muikamashi, tackling a downhill race with the engine screaming. The last few shots showed him splashing everyone and crossing the finish line...huh. Not bad, since he drives a Subaru for a small racing team. The results for his run are remarkable: .87 seconds behind the leader and .05 seconds ahead of third place.

Aniki=older brother

Show Host: “Well, that was an impressive performance by Akihara Daijiro in the MWRT Subaru Impreza. What are your thoughts?”

Commentator 1: “Just unbelievable. If he had gone .87 seconds faster, he would have taken the gold. That said, he is the Hokkaido Shooting Star. He would have done a lot better on his home track. Even his co-pilot is genuinely impressed by his driving style and skill. Too bad he’ll be here often for the next season.”

Show Host: “Wait, what? Is he going to another country or is he in the APRC?”

Commentator 1: “He’s in the APRC, and he’ll be signing up with that Subaru this season. Things will definitely get interesting...He and Hiramoto will probably get an offer by the manufacturer team...But you do have to admit: Daijiro’s performance alongside Ikki is making their rivals shake with fear!”

Show Host: “Well, that’s all we have for now. Stay tuned, because in a few hours, we’ll see the final race this season in Yuzawa! See you tonight!”

*sigh* I’m not turning off the tv! This song is too energetic!

(...)

2 minutes later

Well, time to play some video games...But I gotta finish this coffee first. Am I forgetting something…? Oh yeah, my breakfast! Eh, I’ll just get going.

(...)

2:30 pm

(...)

It’s a half-hour before I have to go to work. I’ll check that thread about Daikoku Futou’s racing and meets before I go...I may have earned a few gangs’ ire. Let’s see...A few posts about me. One guy wrote “That cursed yellow car! I met the guy last night and he beat me! How can my R32 GT-R, one of the best Skylines ever made, lose?! That’s impossible! I heard about that stupid Sileighty a few months ago...People were saying it was a new guy from Nagoya and that’s it. He wasn’t supposed to know the Wangan route Unbelievable! *rage*” I just saw a sore loser with a solid car. That’s the problem with car fanboys these days: they just don’t get that cars don’t have a hierarchy. It’s entirely on driver performance. I guess I’ll just get going now.

8:00 pm

I just got back from work. There was this particular car...An old 288 GTO. It was painted in Ferrari’s signature Rosso Corsa paint. The old man gave me the car as a special job for the shift...Chances are I might see it at the Parking Area tonight. After all, the old man is a regular at the workshop and pays well. He gave me permission to check and adjust the car. The engine is a 2.8L twin-turbo V8 in excellent condition. The old man added small parts to the engine to make it more viable on the straightaways, and then added a turbo and intercooler to it. This brought the power up to 470 HP. After that, he stripped the interior and replaced the seats to reduce the weight and added a new suspension kit to the car. He didn’t touch the wheels, though. Nobody messes with the classic look…

Old Man: “So, what do you think?”

Takashi: “I’ve been thinking about it, and I feel that if the car is lowered by a few millimeters, it could be a lot more stable. It’s already powerful enough as it is, and adding stability into that mix would benefit it more.”

Old Man: “Ok, have fun with it!”

A few hours later, the Ferrari’s owner came into the workshop. He’s a well dressed man, and his tuxedo read “S. SPEAR” on it...I gave him the keys after he approved of what I did to it. He definitely didn’t look like he was from these parts...He must be a foreign businessman that wasn’t happy with the performance of his Ferrari and had it fixed. Well...Time to sleep.

(...)

12:00 am

It’s time to go...Time to see if my theory is true...If the Ferrari is there, its owner is bound to be wanting to test it. I grabbed the keys to Siley, my Sileighty, and head out. I’m curious...It’d be interesting to take down a Ferrari. Time for my usual routine: I take off my jacket and toss it on the passenger seat, then buckle up and start the engine...Oh man, that sound is awesome. The car’s been waiting for me since yesterday night. Now I’m driving at 180 km/h just to get to the Daikoku Futou Parking Area.

(...)

12:10 am

I got to the parking area...Guess what I found?

Matsuda: “Oi, Takashi-senpai!”

Takashi: “Matsuda-kun! Where have you been?”

Matsuda: “You know...I was driving from Kanagawa to Tokyo with my Miata...it ain't easy! So, how are you?”

Takashi: “I'm fine. look...I worked on a Ferrari today, for a special customer. It’s a 1984 288 GTO.”

Matsuda: “Hey, I think there’s a red 288 here. The car looks normal on the outside, but the interior is stripped out and there are bucket seats in there.

Takashi: “Yup, that’s the one I worked on. Thanks, Matsuda-kun.”

Matsuda: “You’re welcome, Takashi-senpai!”

(...)

I started walking through the PA. Some of the drivers are foreigners, some are regulars and some are...hey, that’s the Ferrari I was looking for! A man in a brown leather jacket with “SILVER SPEARS” across the back gets out of the car. Brown hair, black eyes, high-end clothing and sunglasses...Yeah, that’s the guy. I’ll go talk to him.

DU_VTe7veOUe82lc2ywZkfRDgETclQ0iiNeOLLZ6HOQnQqib_nKj11TaAgmt5gtQzkS-UeZbHX4tXfqLP7g058sn9PpkgYqtl0MNgfURaVicy4hTcO4RWFLnid4d0eXxo-Guzfo

Takashi: “Excuse me, I’m Akihara Takashi.”

Ferrari guy: “William Mcintyre...Do I know you?”

Takashi: “Yes. I was the guy who gave you the keys to the car a few hours ago.”

William: “Oh, you. So...explain what happened to my car when that “old veteran mechanic” tweaked it.”

Takashi: “We just replaced the turbochargers and the intercoolers for a new set to boost the power, then tuned the chassis with a new suspension unit...We lowered the car to make it more stable. We also used the most notorious modification possible...weight reduction.”

William: “I see...That's a good thing. Not a single penny wasted. So, you have a car...Where is it?”

Takashi: “It’s a 1998 Sileighty. I bought it when I was in Tokyo and tuned it for this stretch of highway. It’s a few spots over.”

William: “Oh, what a humble car. It’s just a 4 cylinder...with a turbo. Turbocharged engines are one of the best engines ever.”

KIp2VlZxfBhItb2hUHEE1Xx8zLFRzAIFxx7qSW7EL4GGxFJ3zWCTchy0aI1v0kmlKDxO1xsGxes4O9ocoNXsK68--BBZeZ0bNxATXoSUTFEurSHS7jcHkkFbeU7XIpLiNTnKh8c

Briefly after that exchange, a silver NSX Type R came around the corner into the parking area. It was showing off, running in a low gear at redline. When it parked, I watched the driver get out of the car. Black hair, brown jacket, shirt and glasses...He looked kinda short. He did a gesture to call William over and talk to him.

oc-uRJDQ-EIgHc6t6Z7NajAqLFDemQjHRZaCGSTjitaCXwkH0AlyM59ATlz4LXq2dMY7QhnoGkig_zrq2OKhJqkaop-gjyEfhoVYpoF_ckV86N5CXOSzJLAvoD5lWQ5nfEWXeNU

William: “Hey, I gotta go talk to him for a bit, he’s a friend of mine.”

(...)

(David: “What are you doing, and why are you talking to him? Is he a new member or something?”)

(William: “Hey, you’re not my girlfriend...You can’t ask me stuff like that. Besides, he’s one of the people that tuned up my Ferrari...He only has a Sileighty.”)

(David: “Why do you want to race this rookie? His car looks slow and it isn’t N/A.”)

(William: “Oh, shut it, David. Just because his car has a SR20DE engine with a turbo on it doesn’t mean it’s slow. Besides, I want to test my Ferrari to see if it can match the top class racers.”)

(David: “*sigh* Ok...Let’s go talk to this kid. You better watch out, though...You’re too trusting of him.”)

I watch the two guys walk over to the Ferrari on the side closest to me.

William: “Hey, I present to you my friend, David Sutherland. David, Takashi. Takashi, David.”

Takashi: “Akihara Takashi. Nice to meet you!”

David: “Nice to meet you too. Why don’t we go for a three-way battle?”

Takashi: “Really? Just like that? Wow.”

David: “Yeah, why not? I tuned my NSX to keep it at my desired pace. Shall we...race?”

As we agreed to it, we headed to our separate cars for it. Now that I think about it, that wasn't a simple conversation between those two...Why be so friendly at first and then finish it with a race? Well, as long as I win, it doesn’t matter.

(...)

As I get in Siley, Matsuda jumps at me and starts begging.

Matsuda: “Takashi-senpai! PLEASE! I BEG YOU! I wanna be your passenger!”

Takashi: “No, not now. It’s a three-way battle.”

Takashi: “A THREE-WAY?! COME ON, TAKASHI-SENPAI! LET ME BE YOUR PASSENGER!”

Takashi: “Hey, hey, calm down! Heh, when it’s a three-way battle, I really need to stay focused. Besides, I’m racing against high-caliber machines. See ya later, Matsuda-kun.”

Matsuda: *rage*

(...)

As the cars exited the PA, there were three distinct sounds. The two turbo cars were spooling up, and the blow-off as we take the on-ramp. The NSX’s unique V-TEC sound was the most distinct of the three, and is definitely unique to Hondas.

CeynCUiTMCnQp1vDYO5NiRzTjOL-QDM35unov0jowfLoIQqmJn3v4E2i6pALllGyHfswAGliwQUeCLJKHqq8gC50G-JjO0TQHA7USZ9gCpLg0NPfshh3SD3EKQnebqWzuZ1HQt8

(...)

*gasp!* JUST A TURBO AND INTERCOOLER?! That thing is FAST! It drives like a rocket! I guess that old man has the skills to tune just about anything!

Ff_IOqbNFA_nVhC2ir_6T1OmV41Dy4_clo_PBNno337EKxnVs_rcooxlIUzqjwlClN3JqxmmeVkacJHMaklCaV6w3k5yS2ev__0smMFK4QtBf5OzPmY5Zs66ZYplaqvOkHG7YSg

(...)

Heh, I got past him...What’s he doing? Is he trying to overtake…? Bring it ON! You will NEVER catch me!

zvtKastHOLqAHNWLGg4ix69Mgt8R4TRI3dYxQi5wvJwdvedklRTuusx6Qpicz_bqE-TiUSGL7oMEdddayVSvgWztQThB64B2Pl3a90XNvD0bctYqVDeIdJYurf1kfLjH0acsVX8

(...)

Oh, crap. The Ferrari passed me and now the NSX is about to pass! No...You can’t...You started this and now I won’t give up!

CHlqbR163NHgNsZouqnVPkRHlg-2fy8Gwd7D7QiKkUxKV5JNYvZD4oSAqxJzI8PJU8eEHANpSd0SM9595aCz7G7eaYPTYa1w_C3VKZ6TfmOgQ_ZIOJuuPJQRgEkKEgghha5x1KE

(...)

Heh, looks like the NSX gave up. One down, one to go...Now it’s the battle of the turbines!

A4gKlXArMl7cG3hkd9a6oZe_DLLjoE2jq3rFwXKXqG39yChOB2cY34muINTsKgK31sKOSjiz9yE_UOPQv_cUEIB1cVYHppOKoqkv0eva2tzzykgwN0768MzIc70f2fHIRmWEG_I

(...)

What did that old man do to the Ferrari? “Just turbines and intercoolers”? That car runs like a demon! I can barely pass it...Come on, you can’t just give up now. Alright, we’re hitting this point again: temporary desperation.

j-1ttROA2fH11gT8YgyGzNaoehGb9j7Fe8FJNqAzWzuIuh5vsYecVN7eH0RyQFIWXFnwjESUDjHdlv7b-KwKbptQIOLU8Lsy6k3WzX4gaceVynHzp4MCp7ojZtntdV_5Rxf0Oxw

(...)

We’re reaching the end of the tunnel, and here comes the “speed trap” of this stretch of the Wangan. You brake too little or too late, it’s game over and you’ll get a visit from the tow truck. Man...So many emotions! Anxious...Optimistic...Insane!

5oXpANbZJbifjc30F_sqsYVA-F_5bzZHvQbHV1wVyOeB-x9qSQ9hr2bLoDXyKW9WX5qjg1cKtRhopUJbf4MGSS8wraHU9uuEn_pMzf9Asrev5kqeXxgMuMfKRwHLEk3DqkJlRlg

(...)

God dammit! I’m losing it...I braked too much on the speed trap...His ride height worked to his benefit and let him take the corner more smoothly than Siley...Wait, we’re arriving at the bridge! This is an opportunity I can’t miss.

ke7NbTPOkYhHtmS-PjVyRaMkQtSRFZP1WV-L5vJ6mdn_pqp5NSibDOwPbMBFassff4ptwTSeuWiZUDGf4mLs4DdoBAd6m9Z1NBf0rNs1NamWMKnhKce3Suc3y8IXGmbK75-qvEw

(...)

YES, I WON! Well, by seconds...It was a tough race! I thoroughly enjoyed it. These tougher races are better since nobody knows who’s going to win! (Captain Obvious here…) With a turbocharged 4 cylinder going against more powerful V6 and V8 engines, that means harder everywhere else. Well, time to go home and get some sleep. See you another time, Silver Spears

THE END.

iDutsjUlaLskCD7b4geNdECA1Ksx5OXHaYl-BZucx11VlBG_aSN4huKncE-FTQ_oQo1v4Nrxx6Zg8EFnj4sx0iDBXL7Kt8p7TNXZyQzwb1UdVpkaPYFYbdh9AT4kll38iIFIjdQ

Preview of Chapter 3

iQ3j1EY6wo8XjBQjOgVobgucFTPcrvonXejxGnh5GzXSuquWWvXjGvVt4qGbQMbJfnZqbLtcEYfU8strUCx0ntU4frCvseo0JThMcNXwdwkOLYCGqFaoz9tFvKLNZH7lpMzAggg

“I’m going against a rookie and the big fish...One looks like a prodigy and the other is, obviously, a big shot. But who cares? Only results matter…”

“...But I’ll admit, the ATTESA-ETS on that GT-R is perfect for this territory!”

Credits to @Obelisk for the edit job

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back