Hajime Racers

• Thread starter Kryption
  • 195 comments
6PM - Dillon's university

Dillon had just gotten out of school, and almost immediately he rushes over to his GTR, fast walking like a maniac, when suddenly one of his school colleagues shouts for him -

Student: Hey Dillon! Sweet ride!

Dillon smirks and gets back to him: Yeah! Thank you!

Dillon: Hehe, someone actually likes this R other than me, that’s brightened my day…

Dillon gets in his GTR, it is and R34 N1 Skyline, his family aren’t at all really rich, but they have enough income to allow each family member one car each at least.

He decides to head to the touge, a new area for him, since in Canada he is used to Roman roads more often than not. A winding road he has only driven a few times when going near or up Canada’s mountain ranges.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

9PM - Hakone

Backstory 7.png

It had began raining just before Dillon hit Hakones winding roads, he was observing the road ahead as much as possible with his smart looking specs.

Dillon:

It seems Hakone is a very worn road, many racers must traverse this route often as a battleground.

I actually heard that there is a Z4 that’s got a very talented driver who comes around here sometimes too.

Backstory 8.png

Dillon isn’t struggling in the rain, as he is used to bad weather conditions as of his previous life in Canada, so it’s a breeze for him, as well as Dillon being an above-average driver with his intelligent tactics alike to that of a pro-racing drivers.

Dillon: There was also word of a gang of R32s too… I best watch out for other 4WD guys, I’m good and they shouldn’t dare underestimate me but I am not the best

Yet hehe.

Backstory 9.jpg

Say, this GTR is actually rather good here, since I had it set up for cornering and handling over speed, that's always better on circuits and on roads more often than not.

Ok, I think I’m used to this rain now, lets show some true skill!

Backstory 10.jpg

I was undefeated on the ‘GT Touge event’ last year, haha, you don’t have to win GT academy to drive fast in real life.

All you need to do is practice and practice and yet again practice.

Out of no-where because of the dense rain an oncoming car nears Dillon, but he catches it just in time and starts a 4WD drift to avoid a deadly crash.

Backstory 11.jpg

Dillon: Ah you idiot! What were you doing there? Hang on, I’m driving fast I should be apologizing! Uuuh sorry then? Haha

After that experience at touge, Dillon has another long think to himself about racing again.

Dillon: Hmm, I know I’m pretty good. I think I should try gather some racing rivals around here now, I mean I avoid people enough at college with my shy tendencies. Say then, it’s settled. I’ll go and find some racing friends at wangan and touge! I’ll show them how I roll. I may even meet some others interested in having a good time over competitiveness.

THE END

Writer notes -

Dillon's intro is rarther short I know, I think it works out well enough though.

Again, this part is thought up by ruwan1969 and then written by myself.

R34 having fun in the rain.. always good :D and a great intro chapter
I'll be working on the 1st chapter after prologue probably tomorrow. It will feature you, and some locals, and perhaps dag might show up, stay tuned for more action from Hajime Racers.

I'll be working on the 1st chapter after prologue probably tomorrow. It will feature you, and some locals, and perhaps dag might show up, stay tuned for more action from Hajime Racers.
Thank you for including me into your chapter i'm honored :)

Arata 'Rob' Kusanagi’s intro

10PM - Wangan

Part 1.png

A neon-pearl coloured car can be seen pulling out of a parking spot at Tatsumi PA, it is a Mitsubishi 3000GT Twin turbo, a 4WD wonder. One not to be messed with on the Wangan of course, knowing a few notorious gang leaders on the Wangan use 3000GTs…

The driver's name is Arata, a very calm racer. He seems to be lazy most of the time, never going full throttle, yet he can win others with his alright driving skills and great a tuning setup from a previous tuner that was given two years ago, all when he began racing on the streets of Japan…

Part 2.png

In a split second the 3000GT’s 4WD gives it immense acceleration, pushing him ahead onto the Wangan westbound yet Arata keeps a perfectly straight face.

Arata: Ah, yet another venture to the Wangan. I’ll find him once again, I heard rumors of him back here too, most likely people are picking up my return also. Heh, but he was always more of a crowd pleaser, I kept in my car till the race started.

Part 3.png

Two years ago is it now? Heh

Back then I was a terrible driver, I didn’t win many races, when I did it was drag racing, I knew the best way to race like that. Those were the days… Nothing mattered but having fun, I wish I could go back. Oh well. Let’s just continue my search, I’m bound to see him again!

Part 4.png

The 3000GT storms down the Wangan picking up insane speed, it’s reaching over 200mph on most places where others would hold off. It seems Arata is confident he will see ‘him’ again indeed. Upon going down the tunnels toward Yokohama Arata flashes his lights onto the rear of a golden coloured GTR shining bright below the ground, situating a battle towards the GTR. R34s are known to be mighty cars not to mess with, but with a highly tuned car and the right setup with a cool driver, anything is possible...

Part 5.png

Arata: R34s… No problem, see if you can keep up buddy!

Part 6.png

Like magic the 4WD system can react on acceleration, it pulls both cars, but the 3000GT has an advantage. Some real tuning can help out with launches. Now Arata is gaining a huge lead on the GTR, as he said, no problem.

Part 7.png

Arata: Heh, knew that guy was slow. Now come on ‘Wings of Wangan’! Show yourself!

It turns out that after the whole journey from Tatsumi PA to Yokohama exit, Arata didn’t find this ‘Wings of the Wangan’ person after all. But he has his reasons to go to Yokohama.

Part 8.png

Arata: Time for that tune up, to the ECU tuner on the double my galant GTO!

He finally arrives at the tuners, the sign reads ‘Top performance for high-grade cars!’ ‘Best output settings, 20% more power from a ECU upgrade*’ The next part was ‘Not guaranteed to be 20%’

Arata: Hopefully this is legit, I need 20% more power, maybe 20% more torque too.

After getting into the storefront, Arata gets his order placed. His 3000GT is getting a tune to the ECU by now, so he decides to ask if there is any points of interest, knowing little about Yokohama as of him being used to only Tokyo, he’s never actually gotten off the highway when in Yokohama until now.

Arata: Hey mister, do you know of any cool shops or something round here? I’ll get bored staring at someone tuning my car.

The tuner replies after a sigh: Aha, yes there is a few nice shops. Uuuh, what are you interested in?

Arata: Lets see… Anime & Manga, video games, and of course sleeping! Haha.

Tuner: Heh, right. Ok it’s just down the street, go about 2 roads down and turn left. It has a big sign outside with neon lights everywhere. ‘Otaku paradise’.

Arata speeds off with anime-like speed lines following him, he seems interested. Very interested.

Tuner: Well then… Back to tuning.

Arata: Woah! This sounds like it is going to be my new hangout spot! No need to go to Tatsumi as much hehe.

He arrives at the shop; it turns out that there is also a small restaurant upstairs too, with nice looking seats, and a lovely interior, along with downstairs being a huge place stacked with everything from anime figures, model cars, and video games. It’s just like Arata thought, he’d love it to bits.

Arata: …

This is freaking amazing! Look at all the stuff! Ohhh!

But his bright smile and jumpy figure slows when he tilts to look around, he sees a familiar looking feller.

Arata: Hey hey! It’s him, is it? Yeah I think it is! Chotto baka! (Hey Idiot)

It turns out the person in question is none other than Kaage Nakahara, Arata's old friend.

Kaage: Huh, did someone say something… ‘stares around’ Hold on, It can’t be...

Kaage lets out a huge laugh followed by a big shark-like grin.

Arata: Oh, so it IS you… Long time no see.

Kaage: I could say the same… Baka (Idiot)

Arata: Good old Kaza ey. You’ll never change, looking at 1/24 models. Sheesh, I thought you had more racing to do?!

Kaage: Hey shut up! I have time to do a hobby too you know. Since Hajime Racers disbandment anyway...

Arata: Man, we need to start it up again, those were the days right?

Kaage: Hmph, maybe. Anyway, what brings you here?

Arata loses track of though but remembers: Ah! I have my 3000GT in the tuning shop just down here.

Kaage: No you don’t.

Arata: Huh, Wha-

Kaage sprints to the counter with his models and quickly makes the purchase, before getting Arata to follow him.

Kaage: Follow me Rob, we’re getting your car tuned properly!

Arata: He never changes…

People began stairing as a guy with a leather jacket and a following black hooded person rushed over to the garage, a random sight for Japan, maybe not so in an anime however. They get back to the garage -

Kaage: Hey you, tuner guy! Get away from that machine!

Tuner: Huuuuuh?

Kaage: It’s a highly perfected tune, I don’t want it getting ruined by some phoney who would call himself a tuner!

Tuner: Hey! You have no room to talk! Who do you think you are?!

Kaage: I am Kaage Nakahara! The Wings of the Wangan! The number one wangan tuner! Now scram, I need to see what you’ve messed up.

Arata: He always acts like this when a friend is around, still I find it impressive and exciting haha.

Kaage: Ey Rob get over here, I’ll show you how a real setup is done.

Tuner: Get off our equipment!

Kaage: Hey keep quiet baka (idiot), I’ll be quick!

THE END?..

Writer notes -

This character is LordOfDwarfs', via PSN he helped me with the intro, I wrote it and he made changes for me to do. :D

Last edited:
Chapter 3: Toyoda and the Silver Spears.

7:00 am

*yawn* well, a new day and it's now Saturday. that means work at 5:00 pm. *sigh* weekends are the best thing ever. 2 days to take a limited break. *yawn*...same thing again like yesterday? who’s calling me? Matsuda again? i take the phone, but...it’s not Matsuda...it was a old friend of mine…

Takashi: “Moshi moshi?”

Toyoda: “You really like to move the masses, right?”

Takashi: “Toyoda-san? hey! It’s been a long time since that touge race back in Usui!”

Toyoda: “That's true...Though, you called the attention of some big fish. Just to resume it, you are in the eyes of Michael a.k.a “Mike” Takahashi.”

Takashi: “M…”Mike” Takahashi? Isn’t that...Wait a minute…”

Toyoda: “Yup. First of all, sorry for calling at these moments of the morning. You know that I have to go to college at 8:00 to be somebody else in the automotive industry.”

Takashi: “It’s ok, at least you aren't Matsuda just to get crazy and cocky too, Hehe.”

Toyoda: “Haha, thats true. Always like an immature person. Anyway, i'm gonna tell ya something: “Mike” isn't just the leader of a small gang. He is known for being the son of one of the first japanese pilots in the USA racing, pretty acknowledged for being a momentaneous boom for a year and retired to take care of his family. Since he was pretty connected to his parents, he took his father’s Corvette C2 Stingray and decided to send it here, to Japan. He also gave the opportunity to the foreign racers to join to his own racing club, the Silver Spears, that’s why most of their members are foreigners. The thing is: don't mess up too much with this guy. His C2 got some serious force thanks to the V8 under the hood.”

Takashi: “Hey, don't worry about it, i really wanted to wake up some gangs, but i just like to mess up some things, so don't worry if Mike gets so crazy just because a normal visitor of the Wangan decided to race against his members.”

Toyoda: “*sigh* ok, bro. Well, if it's ok for you, i'm always here if you need some help. See ya another day”

Takashi: “See ya, bro.”

*sigh* Man, I don't see him since that race and it was like 3 months ago. That guy was Toyoda Shinichi, a good friend of mine. He’s from Osaka, also a racer of the Hanshin Expressway, but that was a long time ago according to him, because he said to me “I don't fit on the highway. The Kanjo-Hondas are more dominant than my car and other types of cars that aren’t Civics. That's why i moved up to Gunma: To get another feeling, another way to spend my time in something entertaining according to my thoughts. That's why i picked up the mountains: It’s where you can show how talented you are, how good you say and how perfect you think, although sometimes our thoughts are kind of...tricky.” He isn’t a bad touge driver, I saw his skills at Usui in that race...I remember it like if it was yesterday: His MR2 against a RX7 where he overpassed at the last corner in a way that i was shocked. After the race, we had a conversation and we are friends since then. Man, such a long time since we don’t talk!

(...)

11:30 am.

30 minutes before i go to job. Let’s see the thread...Wow...The thread was flooded with messages saying “UNBELIEVABLE!” and some of them saying how disappointed they were against Will and David, while the others were cheering me up. And as always, the typical haters defending the Silver Spears with just insults, since I: have only 1 turbine and 2 cylinders less than the NSX and 4 cylinders less than the GTO. Of course the N/A excuses were going to attack me, but David wasn’t good enough to hold the position in that race. But there was this guy...defending me with useless arguments and whining like a dumb. I decided to visit his profile and all he does is cheering me up and defend me. But when i saw it....*sigh* *facepalm* It was Matsuda defending me all the time...Well, this useless kind of fans that in reality are our dumb friends. Well, I just need to get ready for work now.

5:00 pm

Got back from job. *sigh* A day and a half to take a break. Well, I will just play some videogames.

7:00 pm

Who’s calling me? Weird...I often receive calls, but my parents usually call me at Sunday's...Well, I will just pause it and answer it...Oh...Toyoda again.

Takashi: “Moshi moshi?”

Toyoda: “Hey, Takashi.”

Takashi: “Hey, Toyoda-san! how are you, man?”

Toyoda: “I'm fine, tough day in college and ready to roll out in my MR2. So, i’ve been receiving some info of a kid called “Dillon”.”

Takashi: “What? Are you always in the touge and Wangan threads?

Toyoda: “Yup. i really like to support my friends and myself too. Well, it's a guy with a white RX7. from what i’ve heard, he is pretty fast, but they don't see him race. You know, that kind of person that isn’t pretty familiarized with the Wangan and just use it to stress out. Anyway, if you get him...I don't know. Just do your thing.”

Takashi: “Exactly, my kind of answer. *sigh* its a rotary car...Seems interesting. I may give it a try.”

Toyoda: “Well, see ya later.”

Takashi: “Ok, bro, see ya later.”

Another great car on the Wangan...This should be good. Well, i will go back to play a little bit before i take my daily nap.

1 hour later

Well...I will turn this off. It's time to sleep a little bit and get ready for the midnight playground that we, the racers, know it as the “Wangan”

(...)

12:00 am

Well, it’s time to get ready for it. time to take the keys and the car to go to the highway. The same routine: keys, jacket, passenger seat, buckle up, turn on the pleasurous engine and get ready. Rollin in the highway at 180 km/h just to get to the PA.

(...)

12:10 am

I arrived at the PA and there’s this annoying show-off of a BMW doing burnouts and donuts everywhere. It’s kinda annoying.

tDpePBj3Mi17sE90nGixUPD_4wo_Llz2Cuv8D97tK5bQQlldWsEIcfvze01_-MB5PitMMp3Lqor1hslmrWq-xkONSBgzLh_oNximbsra0ASPov0ODJabEkFde51pz_gABjIw08g

(...)

*cough* *cough* The smoke and the smell of burning rubber for show-off is annoying! I look at the PA and...I found the racer of the RX7. Pretty younger than me. That was the car that Toyoda said. A white RX7 that has been seen often running in the Wangan. By the look of his face, he just wants to catch a pair of racers to participate in a 3-way battle. No chit-chat, no deal, just get in.

jQKQX5bHsd8VmFiQrX0hgw5UVr7aT8hlu4cgrnGrT2NnthyPxXqoW-sNjKEenf14TRDSsHGmA81A9RbMz7sYalRp_2ddno_e1DgUfiXsM61vmjnZNHMLWpPQv3suRC0XU4Q0uio

The other one is a lady with a GT-R. Well, well, well, what do we have here...I’m going against a rookie and the big fish...One looks like a prodigy and the other is, obviously, a big shot. But who cares? Only results matter. well, i'm just gonna talk to her.

Takashi: “Excuse me. Akihara Takashi.”

But she ignored me. Meh, if that’s it, im going home. Turning back to my car and i hear the typical sound of a car crashing...it was the BMW. *laugh* Man, these show-offs are awesome if they crash. *laugh* It’s just so cool when the failure is in public, hehe.

42y6kJkS2R11IYu58C0nbj09jtRnbN2PK0m3g5CPT_iC68rpPzanIZCsxGT2A3opdpPLkRUlxAAkbiPlmUQT90nRZN2Bpc2GMk8i1q9yT25dO0mr5Jc-dA7oTOfz7j0RHj5gUS0

(...)

As i start to go out of the PA, i hear the VR38DETT of the girl with the R35…”So, you want a race without telling me...How shy of your part” I thought. As the R35 starts to follow me, the rotary RX7 starts to follow me too...An unanticipated 3-way battle...Ok if you are goin to do this...You are free to roll. Before taking the on-ramp, the R35 overtakes me but meh, it’s just the beginning of the race.

Oi4_Wvt8EqA7CCarWIIT1sYBByn9VCxeO3jp_K2deF_M8qhyvQ3KWoY_W6zzFs3mp6W1GE64XPnRjNnlcS3UAYSf_ZpWgy8lkbLFQx6o5lID7x5pi2a8MVl854wC9rb8uSkfQzE

(...)

Argh. I'm in last, but we aren’t in the finish, yet, this is just the beginning...I'm just preparing to unleash this beast.
uuNXxMAe8wnAIXsILC-1p9bFiWsqw5HsLy4mS0Jn7tp5LOB4w0e4gUzQLU76XmuHDkeYcwqA52UUJGqKBnm6zEyGOr3dPHujpf1ZnNd_p2XMimZX_QTrqgGoMxjM08rHWDm9ZPc

(...)

Well, well, well...the RX7 seems to be strong. He’s almost at the same pace. But the GT-R is a little bit behind me. Though.....Your car is heavy, with a good engine, but still heavy...But I’ll admit, the ATTESA-ETS on that GT-R is perfect for this territory!

WqDw2ro5ULQ7DB8U0gv_HsyJSXHgLchKo48c3M5BG2iRyqpbkgfw-e_xyEzMGocEAOzh-6aNVFdIFFC3zwlyTzbDEq-mAneKFZpAReXTHzNLzlWpx0rkud_WBC3pWuUf5i5DwGE

(...)

Argh, i'm blocked and there’s like a lot of space to overtake the GT-R though the RX7 is blocking me and my engine isn’t giving enough to go and move up to the 1st place. Come on SR, you can do it!

2L0zAxsvwWRjk4os9-4098JIFGiFwUNP-OghynGYTIlbvwIW0vXIH09vIbVGDHoSft4_DFSg7MJjMkbIJTT6EBoINGWcsyhdVOoT55aB8G9jHegtd-YfPqHNMrZbMq2cYJqkMgE

(...)

It looks like the girl with the R35 took the off-ramp to get out. well, this is the battle...Lets see which is better...PISTON OR ROTORS!

1-mNxxEcOXCvEgnjAayQzO5Y59RMuLdnDSxoKJznEHHTmsqrld3JlzkDxwcqY3m_tJOfN6icYMCCME3krdDjwwqvZMru6f-axQ4w6FWV4joV_fp28amF5-sPmueA4pj9w3yKhkA

(...)

Dammit...I’m losing it on the speed trap. Well, this is pretty common about me: I’m not that kind of “great” in the theme of curves: Like I said, Or I brake excessively and i lose them, or I don’t brake a lot and I crash. But well, Let’s hope that I can reach him.

AEm5C0fL51fXO7iLviT6FBGVtGEuBcIkprUAFJ6Gh1QJLW8Cpamev0skbXnCE09WzZ7i6Jxkacz8XxBLm-MzQKCerhWQ6FBuCe_op0OOZQ9cgabdSTqQU7YPjIKfrEt3_NWkCrY

(...)

AHA! A tie! It was a tight race, of course, though the finish line was set almost at the beginning of the bridge. Well...it was a great night, like always. A race against a high-end GT-R and a legendary RX7 but my 4 cylinder and I almost won. but suddenly, I hear the sound of the rotary moving up to the exit...I guess it was the same thing like the R35. well, I will just go to home and take a break.

ALVBNFmx7k4SkDptMyYoMj1BtfbipPXV_3qkcdNHs-vjXjz2sSg7yx4Z_yFGIUTXpMm_BUqJcfnv0NlORj-vFBqp1REHDA7Onrp1JaWbgdTQqmYj3sZPcM6KaANUdV_M9HsUgog

The End.

Last edited:
Ryuu "Doriaki" Akiyama’s introduction

7:00AM - Osaka - Ryuu’s garage

1.png

Ryuu is searching around his garage looking for things he can do, with so many cars, there are too many options. He then decides to go over to his secret warehouse area of the garage that only he has access to, plus he always has the key to it around his neck. But just as he is about to open it, someone calls him…

???: Hey Ryuu! Where is the kitchen in here? I need breakfast.

Ryuu feels a slight jolt, being used to the eerie silence of the garage, but he remembers that his friend Kaage is staying over for a special reason. He replies back: Yep, it’s just behind the store-front OK?

Kaage: Gotcha! Thanks.

Whilst Ryuu opens and enters the secret area of his warehouse, Kaage decided to grab some toast and see what’s happening. Kaage is quite the observant guy, and looks closely at each car then notices the hidden pass to the secret department of Ryuu’s garage. Deeming it to be too fascinating to not investigate Kaage hurries on and looks in there.

Kaage: Huh… Ryuu?! You there? What is this… place?

Ryuu: Oh Kaza! It’s the top secret area for Random access mind garage’s tuning, I do most of the technical working in here.

Kaage: Interesting. Better than my small garage for tuning…

Just as Ryuu is about to say something his phone rings, it seems to be an unknown number, but he answers anyway. It turns out to be Akira Nakai, The founder of RWB.

Ryuu: Hello, who is this?

Akira: Hey Ryuu, I’ve just finished off getting your present completed. Head over to Fuji as soon as possible please.

Ryuu: Right on! I’ll be there in a bit, thank you for this!

Akira: It’s no problem, see you there.

Ryuu: Catch you round!

Ryuu does a fist bump in the air of happiness before shouting: Cooooool!

Kaage: … Who was that?

Ryuu: I’ll tell you later, It’s a secret.

And with Ryuu’s smirky laugh, he exits the room upon saying: Hey come with Kaage, we’re going somewhere.

Kaage: Seems like something is going down, I’m up for this.

Ryuu exits the shop with Kaage and they are looking into their daily cars - Ryuu has a slick drifty Nissan 180SX coloured in a vibrant red with light Volk TE37 wheels, behind it is Kaage’s car - A Toyota Celica 1600GT, it is very well maintained, looks almost stock too. Apart from a few modifications like Watanabe 8 spokes in a subtle dark grey matte, along with adjusted indicator lights in a modern white opposed to a classic orange encasement.

Ryuu: Hey, Kaza. We are going to Fuji circuit.

Kaage: Say what?

Ryuu: It’s where the mystery present is, it’s for my birthday in a weeks time.

Kaage: So that’s why you were excited earlier...

Then out of nowhere a dog pounces onto Ryuu with joy, it’s his dog Tofu. Tofu barks in a happy way at Ryuu, with Ryuu smiling back at him.

Kaage: Tofu sure does like you. Haha

Ryuu: Yep! Sorry Tofu, we gotta go on a journey, we’ll be back soon.

With that they continued to their cars and began the long trip to Fuji circuit from Osaka. A 5 hour trip is tough, but Kaage and Ryuu have enough driving skill and endurance to drive a full day at least! From having oil in their bloodstream, there is no doubt they’d enjoy the way there too.

2.png

Whilst on the Shin Tomei expressway, Ryuu decided to have a few stomps on the accelerator. Kaage sees him messing around and he decides to give the Celica a workout.

3.png

Ryuu almost instantly pulls on Kaage’s Celica with the powerful 180SX he has, and with that he pulls down his window and shouts at Kaage: Hey! You need more horsepower to get in front of me ya’ fool!

4.png

Kaage laughs as he replies back with: Ha, just wait until I get my car full tuned!

10AM - Shizuoka Prefecture - Fuji Circuit

After they get through the heavy mid-day traffic, they finally arrive at Fuji circuit. It is surrounded by a few mountains, the biggest being Fuji itself, but it is also near Hakone. A touge route that Kaage uses as he lives near it.

Upon entering the pit area, Ryuu and Kaage see the founder of RWB in person Akira Nakai. Kaage has only ever seen him in interviews and tuning magazine collections, and is eager to have a word.

Kaage: Hey, you're… you’re Akira Nakai! The founder and owner of Rauh-welt BEGRIFF... It’s an honor.

Kaage bows with a huge smile on his face then asks for an autograph with Akira.

Once Akira finishes his autograph for Kaage, Ryuu seems to be doing something near his 180sx…

Kaage: Hey Ryuu, Akira Nakai is here! Uh, what are you doing Ryuu?

Ryuu comes around from the back of his car to reveal himself in a snazzy silver with purple and orange striped racing suit. He was also carrying a rather scary helmet with a skull design on it. Kaage decides to enquire.

Kaage: Hmm, what’s that getup you have there Ryuu?

Ryuu: Alright, time to play it serious! It’s my racing suit for when I enter time attacks and compete in other racing events.

After that, Ryuu goes and checks something out, it’s a car with a Porsche-like shape under a cover…

Ryuu: Akira! Is the car this one?

Akira returns over to Ryuu passing a smirk before grabbing and revealing the car from beneath the cover, It turned out to be a Porsche after all, a Porsche 911 (930).

Akira: We gave it the whole RWB treatment Ryuu, I’m sure you’ll like it.

There is signiture huge flares on the 930 now, it has a few sponsor stickers spread throughout the car’s exterior also. Painted in a rampant red, with the main sticker across the sides that speaks ‘Luna Rossa’ a fabulous name for a beauty of a machine.

Ryuu looked at Kaza with excitement escaping through his mouth, before he says: Hey Kaage, you coming for a ride in my RWB?

Kaage smiled as he replied: Ok!

Ryuu started up the Luna Rossa, the buzz of the flat 6 engine was a roar of power. He began cruising down the pit lane, then near the entry.

5.png

Speed boost, since the car is RR all the weight shifted to the back upon acceleration and propelled the car forward with immense acceleration.

6.png

This was a track day, there are cars spread all around the track practicing or showing off. Ryuu’s RWB instantly flies past a MR-S, the MR-S driver is instantly surprised by not just the speed but the glow of the mad machine.

7.png

Going around the track fast as lightning, the Luna Rossa picks up a challenger - A Pagani Zonda - It seems a heavy match from the standings, but tuned cars are better than stock supercars more often than not.

Ryuu: Bye bye Pagani!

Kaage: Ghee, this RWB is no joke! Ryuu is handling it like a pro, and keeping quiet nearly all the way through, he really knows how to race.

8.png

After a few laps around Fuji, Ryuu decides that the testing is done and pulls behind a truck tucked into one of the circuits corners.

Kaage: Wow Ryuu, that was a performance and a half, I should hire you as my test driver.

As Kaage laughs to himself Ryuu replies: Yeah sounds like a plan aha.

They both get towed back to the pits by the truck, and chat a bit.

Ryuu: Hey you know the WTAC is coming up in a month or two? I have an idea.

Kaage: Random Access Mind garage X K-Tune again?

Ryuu: Precisely Kaage, you're good at predicting stuff. Aha.

They get back up to the pits again, and before they leave, Ryuu thanks Nakai-san. Then Kaage and Ryuu get back to their rides on the way back to Osaka again, as the truck is going to deliver the RWB to Ryuu’s garage.

12.png

Before heading back on the Shin Tomei expressway once again, Kaage and Ryuu stop for a coffee at a PA.

Ryuu grabs his first but Kaage just gets a cola from the other dispenser.

Kaage: I don’t really like coffee much ya know Ryuu, I think it's always too warm, it burns my mouth. ‘Shudders’

Ryuu: Aha, acting strange again Kaage! I’ll make you drink the coffee now!

Ryuu begins to jog to Kaage, but Kaage runs off like a storm. Before stopping and getting back, Kaage spots a mysterious Ferrari at the same PA, the driver was glaring at him, but had a dark tint to the glass and was unrecognisable.

Kaage: Strange… I swear I remember that guy and the car.

Ryuu: Hey Kaza. What are you doing?

Kaage: Be there in a second.

Kaage tries to walk over casually to the midnight Ferrari, but it gallops off in an instant nearly hitting him. Ryuu runs over upon seeing this.

Ryuu: Crazy driver! Who the hell was that Kaage?

Kaage: I… I’m not sure. We’ll find out I bet though.

13.png

6PM - Nearing Osaka - OST

14.png

On Kaage and Ryuu’s long yet worthwhile day the finally are nearing back to Ryuu’s garage.

9.png

It seemed Ryuu was so excited he pulled off a drift on the off-ramp. Kaage sees him and laughs back to himself again.

10.png

They park up next to the garage after that experience, and the truck with Ryuu’s 911 arrives. But it seems Kaage has to say his goodbyes...

11.png

Kaage: Well, I best be off back to my place actually, I just remembered, I’ll be helping out with some guys tomorrow.

Ryuu: Darn, that’s a shame, I’ll see you later!

Ryuu slightly glances at Kaage as he leaves in his Celica, and goes over to the truck. The RWB being driven out of it little by little…

The end

Writer notes -

This is @TheNeos character, and was thought by him (Along with me editing a few parts) then writen by me.

It's been a long time since we have posted here, but good news, as the next intro will be up shortly too! It will be my character 'Kaage', but it will introduce G at some point in there too. :cheers:

Last edited:
Kaage Nakahara's intro
21:00PM - Hakone - Kanagawa prefecture - OST

The sun is setting on a beautiful day in Japan, the location - Hakone, a mountain close to Fuji which is a popular choice for racing touge, as it is close to Yokohama & Tokyo.

Kaage intro 1.png

A Beefy sound can be heard storming to the summit, it’s undoubtedly fast, a sound like that can only mean it'll be over at least 8 cylinders.

Kaage intro 2.png

An glorious pearl white Aston Martin V12 Vantage… And none other than a British person driving. How ironic...

Kaage: Cyoor, I do love this car. I wonder how hard I can drive down Hakone today?

Without any consideration for safety racers usually run circles around Hakone every night, at speeds exceeding 100mph on touge passes sometimes.

Kaage intro 3.png

On his way up however, Kaage loses focus on the battle against the road. Something is on his mind. He cannot relax.

Kaage: Hmph. I can sense something but what is it. Something about what's happened recently unearths me.

I have only just began racing once again, when I followed that guy, Ryo, in the Toyota whilst testing the 180SX something certainly clicked…

Kaage intro 4.png

Why am I racing again?

Upon the end of thinking that question to himself, Kaage almost immediately realises the rear tire is on the grass, he is about to spin out!

Kaage: …!

As if someone was watching over him, he climbed back onto the road with not even a bit of wheelspin.

Kaage: …

I know touge is fun, but is it the right place for me? I feel the need to go back to my origins again, maybe it was a sign from meeting Arata down near the Wangan again, I know! How about Wangan after this? We’ll see. That way I'll be able to find why I race again maybe?

Kaage intro 5.png

Kaage: In fact, I wonder how G is doing? Maybe he is starting some racing events again? I should of asked Ryuu a while back when I was at Fuji with him, Silly me. Aha.

Kaage starts to enter a drift around the next corner, showing off a clean display of driving skill.

Kaage: I may be a racer, but I have other things on my mind that almost always put me off, I can never have time to myself... unless I’m racing, but even then I overthink other small things that mean nothing.

Kaage intro 6.png

After a deep thought, Kaage decides to pull over at a small road where there is a clearance and no trees, to show quite the landscape.

Kaage: I don’t know... ‘Sigh’ I wonder if I should become 'The wings of the Wangan' again...?

Immediately after, Kaage’s phone rings - It is an unknown caller.

Kaage: I freaking hate random numbers!..

Kaage looking seemingly calm declines the entry to the call, but receives a text shortly after.

It reads - Hey! I knew you wouldn’t pick up, it’s one of your racing buddies friend of a friend, he said for me to call you.

Kaage responds back thinking to himself which idiot friend of his did something to annoy him -

Great - Listen here, don’t do this again. I hate getting called by others, Just cut to it and tell me the details.

Shortly after gazing into the deeply emotional looking sunset, with almost everything buzzing around in his mind, Kaage’s phone activates with a text again.

I really hope this guy is worth my time, I need to find out gave my bloody number away anyway, I hate it when people do things of my concern without asking me beforehand.

He reads out the text in his mind in a stupid voice taking the mick out of this random fool -

A battle is going to take place on the Wangan tonight.

Good, at least I’ll have a reason to go back to the Wangan.

Kaage continues to read, but breaks out of the silly accent in his head after reading a few seconds in.

Apparently it’s two really fast girls in GTRs. Sounds right up your street right? Aha.

Kaage: This guy. He is the guy. Ugh, alright, and blocked his number. Now it’s time to move!

Kaage gets back into the Vantage and pulls away with a flare of a backfire from the specially tuned exhausts.

THE END?

Writer notes -

There will be a second part to Kaage's intro, with the race he is speeding to, I will post that later today. :cheers:

This part is very short I know, but the next is slightly longer. :D

G gets mentioned here, but he won't have an intro.

Last edited:
Kaage Nakahara's intro part 2 - Rebirth of the 'Wings of the Wangan'

21:00PM - Hakone - On the exit of the touge.

Kaage, after his blast down Hakone, is on his way to the Wangan meet. Daikoku PA is the closest to him at the moment, so that’s the place to get to, via the Wangan eastbound Kaage gets over to Daikoku in next to no time, thanks to the power of a V12.

Kaage: I used to be the ‘Wings of the Wangan’, funny accolade I know, but it was because of the insane speeds I upheld there, I was one of the fastest around and some even saw an aura with wings showing from the sides of my car… All until Hajime racers ended, It ended with a crash involving 2 racers both dying, but the point was, I just gave up for a while, settled back to being a tuner only, and well… Here I am now

So, lets see… Two GTR drivers, darn, he didn’t specify which GTR generation they were! R32 through to R35 then? Well the R35 technically isn’t a ‘Skyline’ but is a GTR. Ugh, more work to just see two racers of interest. I still need to know who set me up to this!

Kaage intro 7.png

Kaage decides to get out of the Vantage and go search around the PA.

Kaage: It seems there is a few runners around tonight, a Lexus IS-F, a Supra JZA70, OH! That must be the GTR girls right next to where I parked then.

Kaage intro 8.png

Kaage observes both of the GTR women...

Kaage: The first older looking girl is stood next to a GTR R32, In appearance she is quite the looker, light green eyes, black hair with pink highlights over the fringe, and ambiguously revealing clothes.

Kaage: I can tell just by her looks, she is one who would mess with idiots just searching for their ‘love’ Ugh… Either that or she just likes her outfit, a fashion statement perhaps? I doubt I’ll find out before meeting her.

Kaage: The second girl is strange looking, rocking a neon orange hoodie with silver flame detailing on it, she has very long deep brown hair, and from the looks of it fluorescent contact lenses? She seems in deep thought while staring at her GTR R35.

Ok, time to go see what all the fuss is about, and whoever tried to set me up!

Kaage creeps up with a swaggy walk, he really doesn’t know what the heck he is doing. The first girl next to the R32 sees him and shouts -

???: Hey! You're the guy who my boss told me to find! You drive an Aston correct?

Kaage: Uh, sure?

Ayaka: Ok, my name is Ayaka Suzuki, and my boss says that you used to be the ‘Wangan expert’ or should I say ‘Speed king’ in fact? Haha.

Kaage: Ghez, I predicted her facade the first time, energetic, cheerful, lets see where this goes. Actually I was named ‘Wings of the Wangan’.

Ayaka: Right… Anywho, you want to race me of course? Cause then I’ll surprise you with a fantastic present if you win!

Kaage: I’m guessing a kiss most likely aha. Ok! I’m up to show this nobody that I can be the ‘Wings of the Wangan’ once again!

Ok, it’s settled, I’ll race you, and leave the present for later, I don’t really need anything.

Ayaka: Oooh this guy! I wanna punish him. He will fall into my lust!

- OST -

Kaage lightly jogs back to his V12 monster, and starts up the melody of the British! But something strange is in the way of his car. A silhouette of a woman? Kaage awaits her to come to his window, it is the girl who was next to the R35.

Kaede: H.. Hey my name is Kaede, do you mind if I race too?

Kaage: Woah! Funky contact lenses indeed, they are alike to a snakes being a slit pupil shape, fluorescent yellow too.

Kaede blushes and covers her head with the hood and her lengthy hair, while replying: Uuh, Thanks, I.. I’ll be in the GTR over there…

She points to the R35, and it confirms it, these must be the GTR girl racers.

Kaage: I getting a lot of attention tonight... I don’t know wether to enjoy this or be annoyed from the guy calling me here. ‘Sigh’

Kaage intro 9.png

The race is about to begin, the trio enter the highway, It seems Kaage wanted to give them a head-start.

Kaage: Aha, let’s show that Ayaka girl how it’s done.

He puts on a determined face, and with that they are off.

Kaage intro 10.png

Kaage: Alright, lets play this simple, I’ll let the beast of a V12 do it’s work.

Kaage intro 11.png

With my tuning and skills nothing can get in my way!

Kaage intro 12.png

Kaage pulls up next to the R32, they are so close to each other a single move could cause havoc.

Ayaka: !!!

Kaage intro 13.png

Ok, turbo boost time!

Ayaka pushes a red button on her aftermarket wheel, it makes a ‘pfft’ noise, she glares at the boost gauge, it goes from 1.0 to 1.5kgf!

However behind the two other racers are trying to catch up too.

Kaage intro 14.png

Ayaka looks back and shouts in her head: Hey this race is just for me and sweetheart! Like they'll catch up anyway.

The racers progress into the underwater tunnel, and what is this?

Kaage begins revealing his racing aura.

Kaage intro 15.png

The aura is distorted and mixed up though, it is strange...

Kaage: The wangan is my place to be, I remember why I love it…

The speed thrills, the rivals, the stories, it’s such a great experience!

Kaage intro 16.png

And with that spirit and speed beneath his wings, the mighty Aston overtakes the GTR duo.

Ayaka: Woah! He really IS fast!

Kaede pauses before saying in a small voice: He bested my R….

After the biggest race Kaage has had in ages he continues to pull over at the next PA, the GTR drivers follow, as the other racers lose them.

Kaage intro 17.png

Random racer: What the heck! They are way too fast!

Meanwhile back at the PA...

Kaage intro 18.png

Kaage steps out with a huge grin all over his face, it lightens up his over-thinking mood. He feels great from such an awesome race. Kaede and Ayaka pull up next to the over-hyped guy.

Ayaka rushes out and goes too close to Kaage, making him step back as of his shy-at-first nature.

Ayaka: Your really quick, it’s insane, I thought I had you at first too!

Kaage: Aha, it was so fun though! I really enjoyed that race with you two.

Ayaka: Yeah, it was good, but you won.

- End OST -

Kaage: It’s not all about winning in the end though, it’s about the enjoyment and hanging out with friends.

Ayaka looks away as if in disapproval, whereas Kaede looks up with bright eyes to Kaage as if a gallant knight.

Kaede softly says to them both: … That was a fun race I thought too.

Kaage looks over to Kaede with a smile and says: Awesome, I hope we can meet again, but I have to leave now. I got buisness, and I need to contact G & Ryuu again... I got an idea brewing.

Kaage makes his farewells, and upon getting back over to his Aston he sees a sticker cut in the middle and placed upside down on his front right fender.

Kaage: Is this the ‘present’ Ayaka was on about... Some graffiti on my car?! I’m out of here…

THE END

Writer notes -

I hope you have enjoyed reading the last three uploads from me! :cheers:

The prolouge is coming to an end soon! We only have one last intro to upload, then we will start preparing and writing chapter 1. :dopey:

Beginning of the troubles

Hokkaido, 48 hours before the incident

071615-2238-40.jpg

What a nice day to go for a spin. The sun’s out, the birds are singing, and this straight four is purring. It’s a 2003 Neon SRT4, a sports version of a hated car. They had the right idea in making cars to compete with the likes of the Civic, but they didn’t execute it 100% right. They did nail it with the engine by adding a Mitsubishi turbocharger…Wait, I forgot about the hill!
WHOA!

071615-2238-46.jpg

Ouch...At least I got the racing suspension on this…

Oh, my phone’s ringing. Must be Steel again. Frigging idiot never leaves me alone.

???: “Yo, Steel?”

Steel: “Enjoying your drive there?”

???: “I told you, I didn’t want you calling me about this.”

071615-2239-00.jpg

Steel: “Sorry, buddy…I just needed to hear your voice.”

???: “Did your precious SSR stop working again? I swear, you can never keep that thing on the road.”

Steel: “That isn’t it, dude. It’s about your dad’s highwa-”

SCREECH.

071615-2239-19.jpg

Steel: “Jeez! Don’t wreck your tires!”

???: “Steel, you have five seconds to tell me what’s going on.”

Steel: “Ah...This’ll take a little longer. The past few days, I’ve been noticing a lot of activity around here and on some of the other mountain routes. An R32’s around, the guy in the Z4’s up and at it again...And there was a three way battle on the neck of road your dad called home. It was an R35 against a Sileighty and an FD Mazda. Anyways, Aria reported a possible sighting of a guy from the team your dad used to race against...I think you called them the Hajime Racers…?”

SCREECH.

071615-2239-26.jpg

Steel: “Jesus, Joseph and Mary, dude! Those tires are 45 thousand yen each! What are you doing?!”

???: “Steel, go get the Devil ready. I don’t care who it is, but I’m going to set the record straight about this territory. I’ll be there in an hour.”

Steel: “W-WHA? O-Ok...On it!”

He hangs up the phone with a click. That guy always freaks out about the Devil...I guess because it was nearly destroyed all those years ago and he’s worried about something failing on it. Knowing the kind of mechanic he is, there shouldn’t be an issue. Well, time to bring the legend of the Wangan Devil back. Think you can handle going 300 KM/H, little Neon? I need that speed right now.

=====================================================================

Steel pulls off the dusty cover to the old, black car sitting in the corner of the workshop. This car was totaled outright, but he was able to get it going again. Now...Boss wants it ready. Time to work his magic on the engine. Wait, what the hell is this? Someone tuned this engine a long time ago...He can tell by the unusual marks on the engine bay. He can’t read the markings well, but he can make out “Wings Wangan”. Huh. Better make sure this engine is in top condition.

A few hours later

Finally back home. The Neon didn’t manage to hold 270 KM/H for too long. I’ll have to fix that later...This IS my car, after all. Anyways, I hope Steel did what he was supposed to do with it.

???: “Yo, Steel!”

Steel jumps like the twitchy guy he usually is. Good to see he hasn’t changed much.

Steel: “Wha...Oh, hey boss! Got the car ready for you. You gonna take it for a spin?”

???: “Not now. I can tell it’s ready for some action. Tomorrow night, I’m going to bring the Devil back to life. Whoever I find is going to be one unlucky guy...Oh, before I forget. How did that battle with the MX-5…” What? Why does he look so uneasy all of a sudden? “...go?”

Steel: “Uh, boss. One of the old team members sabotaged the race...He’s been arrested and the MX-5 driver’s in the hospital recovering from his injuries.”

???: “Ok...While I’m out tonight, go visit him and give him an apology on behalf of the team. Got it?”

Steel: “O-ok…”

I left without saying much else. How could that idiot do that?! I’ll have to personally pay for the driver’s hospital bills to make it up to him...For now, though...Time to awaken the Devil.

=======================================================================
Author's note: This is part 1 of the end of the prologue. I have one more part to post in a little while, and then there are two more parts. Then Chapter 1 will start.
-Ob

The 512BB Incident

The Bayshore Route, Kanazawa Ward, Yokohama City. 23:30.

A tall, blonde man is sitting on a bench overlooking the infamous Bayshore Route, known better as the Wangan. It’s a quiet, somewhat mild night with a slight cross breeze and some clouds overhead. The man picks up his phone as soon as it rings.

???: “Hello?”

Steel: “Hey dude...Our guy saw the Wangan Spectre chasing a Z4 the other day. I think you should take that car out for a spin today.”

???: “In all seriousness, I think that 911 is just a fake...I’ll be going for a spin anyways. Just go get the rest of the old SR guys and keep them away from the highway. I don’t want a repeat of the MX-5 race.”

Steel: “...Oh, that. Poor bastard didn’t deserve that. Well, I got you covered, sir. Tell us after how it goes, even if we already know the outcome.”

Steel hangs up the phone, leaving the man in silence. The tall man gets up and looks at the moon, obstructed by the clouds overhead, and he mutters to himself as he produces a key from his pocket and heads over to a black, wedge-shaped car. As it drives off, a street light reveals the license plate, which reads “
湾岸の悪魔”*...

*”Wangan no Akuma” or Wangan Devil

Bayshore Route, Yokohama City, 00:15

Takata is out for a pleasant drive in his R32 GT-R, just taking his time and enjoying the scenery of the infamous Wangan section where a man in a Ferrari died in an intense accident many years ago. The highway itself is unusually empty and quiet, with not a single sign of life within sight. A few moments after pondering this fact, he hears the rumble of an old V12 engine accelerating somewhere behind him.

Special Stage Route 71.jpg

Takata: Now who could this be, with nobody else around?

Special Stage Route 72.jpg

As the mystery car approaches, it tailgates him for a few seconds, blasts its horn, then roars past him. As it goes by, he can see that it’s a 1976 Ferrari 512BB, painted in Ferrari’s distinct “Nero” black paint.

Special Stage Route 73.jpg

Takata: A challenger at this time of day? You got yourself a battle.

Special Stage Route 74.jpg

Without much warning, the 512BB backs off before going into the parking area, giving Takata a window to take the lead and open the gap between him and the mystery Ferrari. As Takata leaves the on-ramp from the parking area, he can only see two small specks of light as the 512BB falls behind.

Special Stage Route 76.jpg

Takata: Why do I get the feeling that something’s wrong here? ...It’s probably nothing...At least I got myself an easy wi-

Special Stage Route 78.jpg

Before he can finish the thought, he hears the Ferrari’s V12 roaring past him and all he can see is a black blur flying by and gaining a serious lead in no time at all.

Special Stage Route 79.jpg

Takata: WHAT?! What is under the hood in that thing?!

Takata presses his accelerator to the floor of the car as hard as he can, trying to will it to go faster than it can physically go. As he reaches the tunnel, he hears a loud hiss and smoke coming out of his engine as the car jerks violently into a slide.

Special Stage Route 710.jpg

Takata: Damn it, I let the car overheat…

Special Stage Route 711.jpg

After barely escaping an accident with the tunnel wall, Takata pulls the car over to the breakdown lane and shuts it down to let it cool off.

Special Stage Route 712.jpg

Takata: Just what...was that?

A few hours later, he starts up his R32 and cautiously drives it home. He is still utterly baffled at the intense speed of the Ferrari that he just got beaten by. It was like nothing else he had ever seen, and it looked like it was going well past 300 kph! He’ll have to ask around about the Ferrari later...For now, he just needs to get home.
The following day, the headlines are plastered with the footage and pictures of the incident between Takata and the 512BB, which was caught by a handful of witnesses who reported the Ferrari overtaking the R32 and absolutely dominating it. Predictably, it causes a huge frenzy among the GT-R fans in the community, and the headlines wind up on every racer’s e-mail and cellphone.

On that fateful night, several racers witnessed the chain of events that happened to Takata...One overlooking the highway from an airport, and another near the Wangan itself who happened to be following the instructions of an old man in a 911...

Author notes: I beg forgiveness from the GTPlanet overlords for double-posting! Humor aside, now is the end of the prologue. Two more mini-parts from @KazaMR2 and @RCKakashi14 and then we move into the meat of the story.

The 512BB Incident - as seen by Kaage

11:23PM - Kaage’s appartment

Kaage can be seen searching the internet of forums, and other media looking for info on the two GTR girls he raced last night, it seems he found the info on Ayaka, but none on Kaede…

Kaage: Hmm, so this Ayaka girls really does suit her profile here well haha, so, she has light green eyes, black hair with a pink highlight, that definitely looks like her… It seems people on the forums also have a liking to her, hmph! I wonder why!

At that moment, Kaage’s landline phone began to ring. Kaage jumps up and reads who the caller is, he hopes in his mind it isn’t a unrecognised one, but it turns out to be an unrecognised one. After a huge sigh he decided to pick up.

Kaage: Evening?

???: Hey there! Is that Kaage? Arata said that this is your number…

Kaage: OH ARATA! I will get you for lending my number out just when I gave it to you the other day too! Argh!

Uh hey, who is this by the way? I don’t like random callers.

???: OH! I am really sorry Kaage-san, Arata told me to say I called, and my name just so you know is Kaede, from the other night remember?

Kaage: Oh so it’s you? Hehe, crafty Arata, is he trying to set me up wi- WAIT a second! How did he even meet here? Was he on the Wangan that night too? Ah whatever! Lets see what Kaede’s business with me is anyway…

Kaede: Yes yes, I’m just calling cause I wanted to know if you wanted to meet up somewhere?

Kaage: Really? Interesting… I bet this was in fact Arata’s doing AGAIN.

Kaede: Mhm, can we meet at the Haneda terminal, It’s usually quiet and we can see racers go by too, I thought you’d like that scenery.

Kaage: Well then… Wouldn’t of thought that haha. Ok then, I’ll meet you there at around midnight then?

Kaede: That’s perfect, I’ll see you there Kaage!

Kaage: Okay, bye. Strange…

Alright, now it’s time to get the Aston prepared for going out, as for me, well, any outfit will do if this even counts as a date or something? Ahaha.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Haneda Terminal overpass (Right over the Wangan east and westbound) - 00:00

Kaage had been at the overpass for about 10 minutes now, he always arrives earlier than the allocated time, he is never tardy, he hears the sound of a highly tuned VR38DETT (A R35 GTR’s engine) on the approach…

Kaage: Hmm, here she is... I just hope I don’t look dumb in front of her. I’m a high ranking racer and one of the fastest wangan runners around!

Kaede steps out and walks over to Kaage, he seems alright with her being here so far, but Kaede doesn't seem right...

Kaede: Aren’t you going to even say hi? Wow…

Kaage: EH!!! From what I recall she didn’t have this energy to bring down people like that… Is she in a bad mood?

Uh yeah… Hey there, Kaede right?

Kaede: That’s right, and stop trembling, It’s not like we’re dating.

Kaage: Ack, right to the heart with that line… Hmm, maybe she has a split personality, either that or something I’d not want to chat about…

Kaede: So, I guess I may as well say why I invited you here.

I predict a battle, and I think you might be interested in the racers involved…

Kaage: Alright… This is getting stranger and stranger by the second, it’s almost as if she has foresight! Or does she? Lets see what she means, I just hope she doesn’t lash out at me, she is looking quite angry…

Hey, so there is a racing going on right now? Or what?

Kaede: Shhh! You idiot, here they come!

Kaage: Where did the quiet and sweet Kaede go… Hehe, I wonder who the racers are, I can hear something, wait… It sounds like it is!..

The Wangan devil! Is it really you again?!

No way Kaede, how did yo-

No I better not tell her actually

Kaede: Hmph, was about to say something important there?

Kaage: No not at all! Eheh...hehehe

I need to focus on the guys racing though! Is it truly that old car I tuned way back? When the original Hajime Racers was at it’s hay day. Hmm, a Skyline R32, is that Ayaka? No it can’t be, the GTR is a different shade. And the car in front, a black blur… It can only mean… Yes! It’s the 512BB! The one and only, I can’t believe it is still alive after what happened to it, I wonder who even tuned it back to it’s former glory… Was it… No it can’t be… I saw him die that day...

Kaede was staring at Kaage the whole time he was thinking over it and watching the race, seemingly rather creepy, or does she have another motive? She proceeds to creep up on Kaage though.

Kaede: HEY! Are you still alive? You looked dead with that stare.

Kaage lightens up as he jumps of the raining he was on.

Kaage: Aaaah! Don’t do that! I wasn’t focused, jump scares aren’t even fear-inducing anyway, try something else. Haha!

Kaede stops for a second as Kaage sticks his tongue out, acting all dumb and childish, but it seems to have swung Kaede’s mood… She has a dragon-like grin on her face, and seems quite excited.

Kaede: Ahaha, did you like the show then?

Kaage: Interesting, it must be a split personality then, when she is concentrated and focused on racing, she must be ‘Kaede 2’ the bring-down type and aggressive one, then when she isn’t in a car or onto a racing topic, she must be, the original Kaede. ‘Kaede 1’ is more quiet, shy, and doesn’t seem to like attention?... I’m not sure.

Yeah… Haha, that was quite a performance from the Ferrari right?

Kaede loses her grin, but brings on a deep thinking look, seems Kaage was right indeed about her personalities.

Kaede: The 512BB, the Wangan Devil… You know it don’t you. I can see from your aura.

Kaage: Kaede can see auras even when not racing all out! This 'Kaede 2' sure is weird.

I guess you could say that…

Kaede: You’ll meet both those racers again soon enough, so be prepared. Oh and by the way call me ‘Fang’ not Kaede. Judging by the look on your face you've figured it out.

Kaage: So she has a relation to both of her personalities, strange. Alright… Fang, we’ll meet again then?

Fang: But of course. Hehehe.

Kaede: See ya round Kaage!

Just like that Fang let Kaede take over as she skipped like a little girl in joy back to her GTR, Kaage was, well as you’d expect, very confused but intrigued.

Kaage: Eeeeeh… Whatever, I’ll figure it out another night.

Kaede zooms off in the R35 back onto the Wangan from the Haneda terminal bridge, as Kaage watches her fly off into the never ending highway loop…

The end

Writer notes -

This is only a small part explaining about Kaede a bit more, but also suggesting something about Kaage and that 512BB... :sly:

Only one remaining sub-part before chapter one will begin. :cheers:

No pictures here, I don't have any of the event. :lol:

The 300 KM/H CORNER
(The 512BB Incident, Kenjiro Sato's Perspective)

After quite some time on waiting, I'm ready to pick up my R8. Though the carbon fiber hood is the only thing left. But the important bulk of the modifications were installed. Machida is a genius.

For the shakedown, I smoked an NSX. Yeah, kinda felt good on that one. At least I can prove that supercars are "super" for a reason. I intend to break the stereotype that we affluent people have.

Now, time to focus on the real deal. What makes the Route 7 so special? Why does that creepy 911 driver hold on to it for so much? I never felt so much thrill after hitting 300 KM/H after all. Maybe I still need to immerse more.

20812622235_3d5c994c30_c.jpg

So I head back to Route 7, and upon entering the PA, I see huge crowd and tons of tuned domestics. Silvias, GT-Rs, Evos, you name them.

20812621365_28ab935484_c.jpg

I'm on the case, and just to avoid getting too much attention knowing my car, I parked far away where there are no other cars. I can observe from a distance.

But still, because I drive an R8, it's still flashy enough to get some attention from those kids.

"Hey, nice R8. You souped it up?"

20624643548_16900c4261_c.jpg

Kenjiro: "Quite. At least I spend my money wisely, and avoid trivial things such as large GT Wings."

"Why don't we have a little run, then?"

Kenjiro: "I think I'll pass. I'm only here to watch. Besides, you spent your life savings on something worthless, dangerous even."

"What did you say? I get it, you can talk like that because you have all the money in the world."

Kenjiro: "Like I said, at least I spend them wisely on important things in life. Why not join your friends? I have no interest nor business in talking to you."

Those two just left me. What a pointless conversation. Seriously, with the way you modify your cars, surely you have a decent job for a living. And yet you waste your lives on this? What's so enjoyable hitting 300 KM/H? You might even end up blowing up all your invested money on tuning, when your car's engines blow up.

But all of a sudden, a familiar car pass by. Ahhh... that R32 from the touge. It just carried on, as if having another run.

And something to break the mold again, a black Ferrari 512BB. Berlinetta Boxers are quite rare nowadays.

20819671561_bfa3cb525f_c.jpg

But its driver floored it. Whoa... careful there. I'm sure he's aware how a carburetor engine works. They're the most delicate of them all, and are ticking time bombs. What I've learned from Machida, is that it takes so much effort to adjust carburetor settings in each and every run. It's something that requires dedication and love.

20625863699_dfe220224e_c.jpg

I'm sure the BB's driver takes that into heart. It's one sexy Ferrari, and my heart would weep for a bit if I see it crash.

Well, enough of the admiration. Time to get coffee.

There's the vending machine. Good thing I have spare change. Hmmm.... what to get? UCC? Suntory BOSS?

I'll take UCC this time. Oh, it's a warm can. Perfect.

As I slurp the contents, I hear a loud hush from the crowd. As if something happened that changed course. What's going on? I'm afraid I have to eavesdrop, something I'm not too fond of doing.

"That Ferrari strikes again! The GT-R lost!"

That's surprising. Who would have thought that an old clunker from the Jurassic Period smoked a car from the digital age?

Even so... you domestics still don't have what it takes to match the sophistication of European cars. Mind you, a car from the 70s smoked a GT-R.

Oh well, that's enough intrigue for tonight. Time to head back. I don't care what happens to either of them.

The next day, Machida called me up again, and the carbon bonnet is ready to install. Upon doing so, he's itching to see my shakedown. Oh fine. You deserve to see the fruit of your efforts, anyway.

We met at 11 pm, and head back to Route 7 again.

Machida: "Floor it."

Background Music

20803165342_a2f12ee49c_c.jpg

Kenjiro: "This quite piqued my curiosity. Are you sure you just performed an ECU remap?"

Machida: "I performed exactly as you asked. Remember, a lightened body can also help with overall performance. You may feel that there's more power, but in truth a little of it has been increased."

330 KM/H. Yeah, it's not that much of an increase at all.

Machida: "On that corner again, let's see how it fares."

I let of the throttle, and steer. I then immediately get back on the throttle while cornering.

20819670461_cbbd94b6e7_c.jpg

Machida: "Heh. There's less roll. Ohhh... 310 km/h! 10 more than before!"

Kenjiro: "Time for the return trip."

20191646213_d85124477a_c.jpg

Kenjiro: "I'm applying a simple race circuit technique. It's also applicable here. If you want a high average speed, then surely you have to take the corners precisely."

See? I got back up to 330 km/h again. But I guess this is the car's new top speed, as it didn't rise up any further.

After making a U-turn, I gunned down once again. Time to hit that corner once more in opposite direction.

20191645823_17416fca56_c.jpg

I applied the same trick done earlier. Can you tuck the inside like this one can do? Huh?

Machida: "You are one brave soul. Yet you question the purpose of racing here.

To give you an idea, most racers fear that corner. They hit the brakes and slow down as much in order to avoid understeer. Yet you don't step on them at all, to maintain the 300 km/h range and tuck the inside.

Plus, all the stories I've heard, those racers still understeer or worse, crash on the barriers."

Kenjiro: "Nothing beats European flair and sophistication. They're expensive for a reason."

Machida: "Heh. Now then, have you finally found the thrill of racing here?"

Kenjiro: "Not yet. I still need some more convincing. So far, none of whom I've encountered here have done so."

Machida: "Hehehehehe... what about that ominous 911 driver?"

Kenjiro: "Let's see if he can "convince" me. If it pops up, I'll be the one haunting him back."

I'm waiting for your voice, old man. I'm going to crush that over-glorified Beetle of yours!

End

Hajime Racers - Chapter 1

Act 1 - This is just the begining!

(Kaage's perspective)

8:00AM - Hakone Nanamagari PA

It’s early morning in Hakone, and a great time to have a small meetup, and there is one that has just began in the PA at the Nanamagari route of Hakone… A certain speed demon is at this meet however… Strange, Kaage is rarely seen around the touge routes, maybe he is getting into the style of street racing here.

Kaage: Aaaah, I need to clear my mind up here, that race last night, and the 512BB turning up… I mean that was a shocker, I thought it died in the crash! Oh well, lets just get tuning and meeting some guys round here, that’s what a meet is right..?

Part 2.png

Kaage goes back over to his prized Celica 1600GT, steps over to the boot, and lifts out some struts that are used to hold suspension and the car’s front or rear up. He sets them in position and removes the bonnet leaning it on the door, to get finally down to some tuning on the classic little beast.

After about a quarter of an hour tuning the Celica’s front suspension and tweaking the engine, a sound of an RB26 is heard hurrying up Hakone Nanamagari, it’s Takata!

Kaage: Hmm, an RB26, must be a GTR…

Part 1.png

Kaage gets out from underneath his mint condition Celica and it seems that Takata parked right next to him!

Kaage: !!!

Takata: Hey there! Your Kaza right, or Kaage? Whichever you prefer.

Kaage: Ah, either is fine by me, though most people just call me Kaage, I guess Kaza is just a nickname.

Takata: Sweet, Hey Kaage!

Kaage: Hey, haha. Your R32 looks nice…

Takata: Oh yeah it’s awesome! I’ve been loving the GTR ever since I got it.

Kaage: Is it tuned? It looks to have a front splitter and canards… Pretty good aero setup.

Takata: Yeah! It’s got minor modifications on the engine as well as a bigger turbo and weight savings.

Kaage: Hmm, good setup. Let’s see the engine then.

Takata: Ok sure, say aren’t you one of the admins on the racing forums?

Takata continues to open the engine to a rather clean setup of the RB26 and Kaage replies: Yes I am, you must of figured that out by just seeing my perfect little Celica then? Haha.

Takata: Yeah, I’ve seen it all on the ‘Share your ride’ post haha.

Kaage observes the engine to every last detail before saying: It’s a pretty good setup you got actually… Better than most GTR tuners who just strap a huge turbo on and say they're done, at least you’ve added a better intake and filter system.

Takata: Mmm, I’ll add a lot more upgrade soon… I’m just stuck with something.

Kaage: What’s the problem?

Takata: It’s really bad around corners.

Kaage: Hmm, hey this is a tuning meetup. How’s about we go onto the track and have a test run!

Takata: Yeah sure! Perfect idea, since I’ve heard you’re one of the best tuners around.

Kaage: How much else has he heard about me… ahaha I’d rather keep people knowing how good I am at tuning to a minimal level, I’d have too much work then. Hehe.

Takata unlocks the R, and they both get in, Kaage looks interested to find out how the R is, but has a doubt.

Kaage: You’re sure this car won’t crash because of its driver and not the tune?

Takata: Don’t worry about that, I’m not going to crash, I’ll go fast, but not insane fast.

Part 3.png

Kaage’s doubt subsides as Takata revs the GTR and does a burnout start, then begins storming down the endless U turns of the Nanamagari route.

Part 4.png

The run begins! Takata is running down, going for a great corner entry!

Part 5.png

He passes it with ease, but he had to slow to about 40mph before turning… It makes Kaage think for a while through the run.

Part 6.png

Kaage: Alright, from that one turn, it’s obvious the suspension is outta whack. But the corner was good, yet unstable, getting pushed to the side on exit.

Part 7.png

On the next corner, Takata doesn’t slow as much, but the car barely turns in from acceleration...

Part 8.png

Kaage: Ooooh, I know! It’s gotta be understeer. A common 4WD problem, and with that big turbo, with stock suspension? Huh, not sure if it is, or he has a bad tune for that…

Kaage: Takata, do you have a suspension setup?

Part 9.png

Takata: Nah, this is running on new springs and dampers, but it hasn’t got a setup it’s stock.

Part 10.png

Kaage: That’s why! Ok, I can fix this, all I need to do is make it springy at the back, and maybe stiffen the front a bit.

Part 11.png

Kaage: Alright, that’s enough for now, let’s head back up, I know the problem and solution. Heh.

Part 12.png

Takata: Awesome! Ok, let’s get back to the PA.

Part 13.png

Takata nearly goes off the side, the understeer was a bit too heavy then… Kaage doesn’t look happy from that at all.

Part 14.png

Kaage: What the heck! He was fine with it the last few ones, but then went off here and nearly crashed! Better watch carefully on who’s car I get into next heh.

They reach the PA again, and after the run they both look exhausted, Takata from driving, and Kaage from the fear of falling off a cliff…

Kaage: Next time, I’ll drive!

Takata: Ok sure…

Kaage: Ok, I’m going to tune your setup now, that suspension setup stock is horrible on your R.

Kaage grabs his struts from the Celica, letting it down carefully in the process. Then runs over the the GTR and instantly begins working on it…

Takata: So… What are you going to do to my car exactly?

Kaage: I’m changing the suspension for more oversteer than understeer, this way you can accelerate from corners better, but be careful not to be too hard on the throttle on exits, you might spin out.

Takata: Yes sir!

Kaage: Eh? He think I’m a high class person or something? Hahaha, wait till he sees my other cars… No need to call me sir, just Kaage is fine. Hah

Quite a while after many different switches and changes to the tune, Kaage is finally satisfied that it will run fine now, and drops the GTR back to the ground, he wanders around to find Takata again, and it seems that Ayaka is here now too!

Kaage: Her again…

Kaage wanders over behind her before shouting: WHY DID YOU STICK A CLUB STICKER ON MY ASTON!?

Ayaka: Aaaah! What the hell! That ain’t right, just creeping up and shouting on a poor girl like me…

Kaage: Goddammit, it was a bad idea actually. Hnnn…

A crowd surrounds Kaage, this is bad, and a rather bulky dark skinned American walks over to him...

Buff street ‘hero’: Hey you, yeah you! What you doin’ like that, just stalking a woman and then barraging her with a shout!

Kaage: Hey, get out of here, you don’t even know the whole story!

Buff street ‘hero’: HUH! This punk is bad mouthing me now too, well, I bett-

Kaage performs a high-jump kick onto the random person out of no-where, It strikes the guy right in the center of his chest, winding him and sending him straight to the ground in one shot.

Kaage: This is none of your business now beat it punk!

Buff street ‘hero’ lightly get back up from his back and sputters: I… I’ll get you for that! Just you wait, and you’ll face the wrath of Ryan Tyson! Ughnnn…

Kaage: Piece of cake, nothing my feet can’t beat up. Ahaha. Sure I will...

Kaage proceeds to ask Ayaka, who is shocked at the outcome, the same question again…

Kaage just begins to shout, but remembers, and just says it normally: Why did you stick a club sticker on my Aston?!

Ayaka: Don’t hurt me like you did to him! I… I just wanted you to have it so people would race you more from my team…

Kaage: Your team? Whatever, I’ll race whoever challenges me, but they gotta be known, and known to be fast, skilled, you know the drill, I only race the best.

Ayaka: Why did you race me and that creepy girl the other night then?

Kaage: Ah-haha you thought that was a race? Figure it out.

Kaage storms back to his Celica with a strange deep red glow around him… Is it his aura? But before he gets to the Celica Takata steps in front…

Takata: What the heck Kaage! What was that for? He was a vigilante, just trying to say why you shouted you know?

Kaage: He was annoying, in my way, and well, annoying. Also it was none of his business to get in my way. Vigilante… He couldn’t even block my kick. Haha

Takata gives Kaage a weird look, and walks off.

Kaage: What a joker that Ryan guy. But I best watch my back, he was wearing a black suit like he was Yakuza or something… But in the end his fault, I don’t like people interfering with what I do. That Ayaka did stick her sticker on my V12 Vantage for a present though? More like knife in the skin of the Aston, it took a whole hour to get it off with a hairdryer! All that I said to her is rubbish too, I always say that so either the overly-confident challenge me, or actual good racers do. In the end I guess I just kicked that guy cause I wanted to get this over with fast. Whatever, let's move on. I got business to do today…

Part 16.png

Kaage drives off, as Takata joins and takes his leave too.

Part 15.png

The end

Writer notes -

I hope you enjoyed reading this part! You also get to know a little more about how Kaage acts in random situations... :P

@Kryption's part is next, it's Takata's point of view of the event. Then onto what happens on the night... :sly:

Act 1 - This is just the begining!

(Kaage's perspective)

8:00AM - Hakone Nanamagari PA

It’s early morning in Hakone, and a great time to have a small meetup, and there is one that has just began in the PA at the Nanamagari route of Hakone… A certain speed demon is at this meet however… Strange, Kaage is rarely seen around the touge routes, maybe he is getting into the style of street racing here.

Kaage: Aaaah, I need to clear my mind up here, that race last night, and the 512BB turning up… I mean that was a shocker, I thought it died in the crash! Oh well, lets just get tuning and meeting some guys round here, that’s what a meet is right..?

View attachment 437853

Kaage goes back over to his prized Celica 1600GT, steps over to the boot, and lifts out some struts that are used to hold suspension and the car’s front or rear up. He sets them in position and removes the bonnet leaning it on the door, to get finally down to some tuning on the classic little beast.

After about a quarter of an hour tuning the Celica’s front suspension and tweaking the engine, a sound of an RB26 is heard hurrying up Hakone Nanamagari, it’s Takata!

Kaage: Hmm, an RB26, must be a GTR…

View attachment 437852

Kaage gets out from underneath his mint condition Celica and it seems that Takata parked right next to him!

Kaage: !!!

Takata: Hey there! Your Kaza right, or Kaage? Whichever you prefer.

Kaage: Ah, either is fine by me, though most people just call me Kaage, I guess Kaza is just a nickname.

Takata: Sweet, Hey Kaage!

Kaage: Hey, haha. Your R32 looks nice…

Takata: Oh yeah it’s awesome! I’ve been loving the GTR ever since I got it.

Kaage: Is it tuned? It looks to have a front splitter and canards… Pretty good aero setup.

Takata: Yeah! It’s got minor modifications on the engine as well as a bigger turbo and weight savings.

Kaage: Hmm, good setup. Let’s see the engine then.

Takata: Ok sure, say aren’t you one of the admins on the racing forums?

Takata continues to open the engine to a rather clean setup of the RB26 and Kaage replies: Yes I am, you must of figured that out by just seeing my perfect little Celica then? Haha.

Takata: Yeah, I’ve seen it all on the ‘Share your ride’ post haha.

Kaage observes the engine to every last detail before saying: It’s a pretty good setup you got actually… Better than most GTR tuners who just strap a huge turbo on and say they're done, at least you’ve added a better intake and filter system.

Takata: Mmm, I’ll add a lot more upgrade soon… I’m just stuck with something.

Kaage: What’s the problem?

Takata: It’s really bad around corners.

Kaage: Hmm, hey this is a tuning meetup. How’s about we go onto the track and have a test run!

Takata: Yeah sure! Perfect idea, since I’ve heard you’re one of the best tuners around.

Kaage: How much else has he heard about me… ahaha I’d rather keep people knowing how good I am at tuning to a minimal level, I’d have too much work then. Hehe.

Takata unlocks the R, and they both get in, Kaage looks interested to find out how the R is, but has a doubt.

Kaage: You’re sure this car won’t crash because of its driver and not the tune?

Takata: Don’t worry about that, I’m not going to crash, I’ll go fast, but not insane fast.

View attachment 437856

Kaage’s doubt subsides as Takata revs the GTR and does a burnout start, then begins storming down the endless U turns of the Nanamagari route.

View attachment 437857

The run begins! Takata is running down, going for a great corner entry!

View attachment 437858

He passes it with ease, but he had to slow to about 40mph before turning… It makes Kaage think for a while through the run.

View attachment 437859

Kaage: Alright, from that one turn, it’s obvious the suspension is outta whack. But the corner was good, yet unstable, getting pushed to the side on exit.

View attachment 437860

On the next corner, Takata doesn’t slow as much, but the car barely turns in from acceleration...

View attachment 437861

Kaage: Ooooh, I know! It’s gotta be understeer. A common 4WD problem, and with that big turbo, with stock suspension? Huh, not sure if it is, or he has a bad tune for that…

Kaage: Takata, do you have a suspension setup?

View attachment 437862

Takata: Nah, this is running on new springs and dampers, but it hasn’t got a setup it’s stock.

View attachment 437863

Kaage: That’s why! Ok, I can fix this, all I need to do is make it springy at the back, and maybe stiffen the front a bit.

View attachment 437864

Kaage: Alright, that’s enough for now, let’s head back up, I know the problem and solution. Heh.

View attachment 437865

Takata: Awesome! Ok, let’s get back to the PA.

View attachment 437866

Takata nearly goes off the side, the understeer was a bit too heavy then… Kaage doesn’t look happy from that at all.

View attachment 437867

Kaage: What the heck! He was fine with it the last few ones, but then went off here and nearly crashed! Better watch carefully on who’s car I get into next heh.

They reach the PA again, and after the run they both look exhausted, Takata from driving, and Kaage from the fear of falling off a cliff…

Kaage: Next time, I’ll drive!

Takata: Ok sure…

Kaage: Ok, I’m going to tune your setup now, that suspension setup stock is horrible on your R.

Kaage grabs his struts from the Celica, letting it down carefully in the process. Then runs over the the GTR and instantly begins working on it…

Takata: So… What are you going to do to my car exactly?

Kaage: I’m changing the suspension for more oversteer than understeer, this way you can accelerate from corners better, but be careful not to be too hard on the throttle on exits, you might spin out.

Takata: Yes sir!

Kaage: Eh? He think I’m a high class person or something? Hahaha, wait till he sees my other cars… No need to call me sir, just Kaage is fine. Hah

Quite a while after many different switches and changes to the tune, Kaage is finally satisfied that it will run fine now, and drops the GTR back to the ground, he wanders around to find Takata again, and it seems that Ayaka is here now too!

Kaage: Her again…

Kaage wanders over behind her before shouting: WHY DID YOU STICK A CLUB STICKER ON MY ASTON!?

Ayaka: Aaaah! What the hell! That ain’t right, just creeping up and shouting on a poor girl like me…

Kaage: Goddammit, it was a bad idea actually. Hnnn…

A crowd surrounds Kaage, this is bad, and a rather bulky dark skinned American walks over to him...

Buff street ‘hero’: Hey you, yeah you! What you doin’ like that, just stalking a woman and then barraging her with a shout!

Kaage: Hey, get out of here, you don’t even know the whole story!

Buff street ‘hero’: HUH! This punk is bad mouthing me now too, well, I bett-

Kaage performs a high-jump kick onto the random person out of no-where, It strikes the guy right in the center of his chest, winding him and sending him straight to the ground in one shot.

Kaage: This is none of your business now beat it punk!

Buff street ‘hero’ lightly get back up from his back and sputters: I… I’ll get you for that! Just you wait, and you’ll face the wrath of Ryan Tyson! Ughnnn…

Kaage: Piece of cake, nothing my feet can’t beat up. Ahaha. Sure I will...

Kaage proceeds to ask Ayaka, who is shocked at the outcome, the same question again…

Kaage just begins to shout, but remembers, and just says it normally: Why did you stick a club sticker on my Aston?!

Ayaka: Don’t hurt me like you did to him! I… I just wanted you to have it so people would race you more from my team…

Kaage: Your team? Whatever, I’ll race whoever challenges me, but they gotta be known, and known to be fast, skilled, you know the drill, I only race the best.

Ayaka: Why did you race me and that creepy girl the other night then?

Kaage: Ah-haha you thought that was a race? Figure it out.

Kaage storms back to his Celica with a strange deep red glow around him… Is it his aura? But before he gets to the Celica Takata steps in front…

Takata: What the heck Kaage! What was that for? He was a vigilante, just trying to say why you shouted you know?

Kaage: He was annoying, in my way, and well, annoying. Also it was none of his business to get in my way. Vigilante… He couldn’t even block my kick. Haha

Takata gives Kaage a weird look, and walks off.

Kaage: What a joker that Ryan guy. But I best watch my back, he was wearing a black suit like he was Yakuza or something… But in the end his fault, I don’t like people interfering with what I do. That Ayaka did stick her sticker on my V12 Vantage for a present though? More like knife in the skin of the Aston, it took a whole hour to get it off with a hairdryer! All that I said to her is rubbish too, I always say that so either the overly-confident challenge me, or actual good racers do. In the end I guess I just kicked that guy cause I wanted to get this over with fast. Whatever, let's move on. I got business to do today…

View attachment 437870

Kaage drives off, as Takata joins and takes his leave too.

View attachment 437869

The end

Writer notes -

I hope you enjoyed reading this part! You also get to know a little more about how Kaage acts in random situations... :P

@Kryption's part is next, it's Takata's point of view of the event. Then onto what happens on the night... :sly:

Sounds like Kaage kicks first then ask questions after.

Takata sat around in the shop, browsing the message boards that recently became flooded with new users and posts. Witnesses and gossipers, creating rumours about the 512 on the wangan. No one knows who he is but it's sparked a lot of chaos in the streets.
After a bit of browsing, Takata came across a post, talking about a meet up. No races or anything, but more of a meet and greet. It was Titled "Hajime Racers", it invited anybody interested who would like to be part of a community more than a team. He liked the idea, and requested additional info. Through private message to the Admin "Kaage" . He wrote back, telling him more info and where it was being held.

Hakone -
Takata was heading toward Hakone, hearing sounds of blow-off valves, wrenches, and some inaudible shouting. It sounded like where he was supposed to be. He shifted into a higher gear, to be more quiet in his r32.
Takata thought to himself, "Sounds like a lot of tuners over there, I'll be there shortly"

He rolled up on a Celica , a classic one at the, with it's hood up, and it's wheels off. It seemed he was tuning the suspension and engine parts.
Matterhorn Dristelen .jpg

He parked pretty much directly near him, unlatching his hood, and opening his trunk. Stepped out of his car, and greeted Kaage, which he didn't quite know yet. The legendary tuner of the Touge.

Matterhorn Dristelen _2.jpg

"Are you Kaz? Or Kaage as both are on message boards. I'm Takata nice to meet you" Takata extends his hand and formally shake's kaage's hand. glancing over at his ride.
"That's a sweet ride you got there man, sounds like a beast!" Takata trying to hide his true excitement. There was something about classic jdm that was completely unique than the rest.

"That r32 looks nice also" Kaage inspecting the exterior , it had aero parts, but nothing too rediculous, more functionality than for looks, but did notice the lack of a wing.

"No spoiler though?" Kaage asked.
"It helps with the straights, sometimes corners can be difficult however. Perhaps you might be able to assist? I heard you're a very good tuner around here. One of the best."

"let's take a peek at what we got here then"
Circuito de la Sierra_16.jpg

Takata excitedly invited Kaage over, to see the work he has done so far on it.

"everything seems to be in pretty great shape, I'm impressed you didn't put such a large turbo on and the air intake is properly positioned."

Takata felt happy that he seemed to like the engine set up, but also had to tell him.
The suspension is new, but stock settings."

Kaage agreed to take a test drive with Takata, to see if it was the driver or suspension that was wrong.

Takata started it up, reversed out of the PA, straightening out, revving the engine a bit before doing a burnout start, however the wheels instantly started gripping, slamming on the throttle, shifting hard into second. He wasn't going to go all out, but give him an idea of what is going on with it.
Circuito de la Sierra_2.jpg

The first corner was coming up quick, Takata hit the brakes, having to slow down to 72 km/h in order to battle the understeer.

Circuito de la Sierra_3.jpg

"dammit not a good start already"

Another hairpin comes, and he doesn't brake as much, but the r32 refuses to turn due to the low rpm turbo equipped.
Circuito de la Sierra_4.jpg

He turns around, bearing down the straight once again.
Circuito de la Sierra_8.jpg

Kaage asks him about the suspension, and Takata tells him.
"I just installed it but haven't tuned it quite yet, trying to get a feel for it first"
Circuito de la Sierra_13.jpg

It made more sense to Kaage it seemed.
Circuito de la Sierra_14.jpg

"stiffen the front, and make the back more springy" Kaage told him,
"Hey let's head back I got a pretty good idea already now"
Takata nodded, another hairpin comes up on the way back towards the PA
Circuito de la Sierra_1.jpg

Takata noticed a small animal, a squirrel or a cat maybe coming towards the inside of the corner, he was too late to brake to get the outside line, and nearly flew off the road, but was able to correct it in time.
Circuito de la Sierra_9.jpg

Circuito de la Sierra.jpg

Takata hit the bump a little too hard, due to a small hill in between hair pins.

Circuito de la Sierra_12.jpg

It felt as if the gtr sprouted wings and just started flying for a few seconds. Takata loving the feeling.

Kaage seemed a bit pale as they returned to the PA
Matterhorn Dristelen _1.jpg

there was someone else there, but Kaage paid no attention to them at first.

They got out, and Kaage grabbed his tools from his Celica, and headed over to the GTR, Takata gladly lets him do his Magic.

"So what are you doing here then?"

"I’m changing the suspension for more oversteer than understeer, this way you can accelerate from corners better, but be careful not to be too hard on the throttle on exits, you might spin out."

"Ah Yes sir, spinning out would be terrible."

Takata goes to look off the side of the mountain, as kaage continues to tune the r32. He spaces out for a minute, then some yelling from behind him which startles him. Sounded like someone was about to get their ass kicked. Was this some sort of team rivalry? Or something. Takata thought to himself.

He wanders over to where the commotion is, looking at Kaage as if he was a totally different person than a few minutes ago.

"Quite the temper Kaage, he was just asking why you shouted at that girl."

Kaage rants for a while, before looking off towards the road.

Takata yells across the PA at Kaage, "I'll be wandering the highways and touge passes tonight if you would like to join? Maybe test these new settings out how's it sound?

Kaage: "I'll think about it"

Takata: "I'll message you when I get back then."

They both leave, going seperate ways. Takata already feeling the changes in his r32. Takata played around with a few corners, before heading home.

Circuito de la Sierra_11.jpg

END.

Takata's perspective of the test run.

Chapter 1.01

Dillon Tsuchiya's Hajime Racer Story

-Dillon’s Home, 1:59 AM

jloKg2wZrkwAQ9WbL3Typro9B3krj6iRGSst_UE6Ob1_3XWP1gZ6a90w7_39hSRMqn3z5i-cvcFvoBeLXTju5EbI-JDO3nDaCT9JH0A5pfNyl9em7ERwSdsDWO4XGnrLAgF5h44

Ah, finally made it home. I should get enough sleep to pull me through tomorrow.

Dillon pulls his FD in front of his R34, and goes inside to bed.

While getting ready, he contemplates on the past race.

That was really fun. Although that Sileighty guy was blocking a lot. And the R35 didn't even have to guts to finish the entire length. Or maybe he just overheated... Well Wangan is really fun. I think my FD is getting recognized a lot more too. Must be a hot topic on some forum for street racing. Hope I can race like I did tonight some time soon.

And with that thought, he fell asleep.

- Dillon's Neighborhood, 6 PM, Friday

After staying an extra 2 hours at University to finish early on projects due on Monday, Dillon takes his R34 to a nearby parking lot, where he can see most of the city's buildings and lights. While looking at them, he thinks about something.

aXqpc4L33fONjCWNXx4vqKWrJ5f2Q7yVgqa_TYIaeR4GGeFFJ8Dc4vqmJYSh7WrGwDKyzm_oBIswVXRyg-eKkBIPnnmeAxOzoyeAaaknPvRy_OPbMTMFtJyS3600gbpXUu_LwBs

I miss Canada. Sure, Japan's great and all, but it just ain't Canada. I miss my friends, the car culture there, the malls. I even miss the cold weather. But I think taking part in street racing will help cover that up for now. I should go to Wangan tonight...

While Dillon was thinking, he didn`t notice that a car had parked behind his R34.

L849nVve4hNEX1z3VrKKVUi0WkjhauUB6hi6Zsy502AHLvJ9cQPuWU6sU0jru1Gt_1CTqR6ZHx5s6DqCUbC09wspIaE-Rp4K2yhskcWOvIOZ3TlDlI1MaPQinHouXZQ5Vh47J7k

And he also didn`t notice that the driver was standing right behind him.

Dillon- “Aaaah!”

???-“ Oh please Dillon, stop faking. And my FC isn’t exactly quiet.”

Dillon- “Are you...”

A quick memory check revealed the stranger’s name.

“... Ryouske Takahashi?!”

Ryosuke- “In the flesh. Although we have met before.”

Dillon- “Why are you here?!”

Ryosuke- “I’ve heard about your race against the Sileighty and R35...”

Well I guess news passes on quickly here.

“... and I wanted to know when you’re going to race on Wangan again. And please calm down.”

Dillon- “Well, it depends on luck, really. I just happened to find those guys yesterday at a PA and I just followed them off the exit. I was planning to go to the Wangan tonight, if you want to come?”

Ryouske- “Nah, I can’t tonight. I promised my cousin I would help her with her homework.”

Dillon- “Oh ok. But, I think that there’s another reason why you’re here...”

Ryouske- “Hehe... I actually need a favour from you.”

Dillon- “Like what?”

Ryouske-“I have a car that I want you to drive...”

For the next few minutes, Ryouske explained to Dillon about a secret project he had been working on for the last few months. A project where Dillon would be driving and owning a new car...

- Dillon’s Driveway, 8 PM

haw-jdl5g39t4oqiizx3il80qSDbKQOeQE1TodXAN9jg8Q4HWMzcpw4r8Th8s9lbV3oCJK5voHOd7eR0dmeXAOrVORn3kbrygkR-tMK8n6NbKopF6m0lZoTY_3J1VfXa6vS77q0

There will be a new member of the family soon. Although I don’t know what kind of car it is...

*Checks watch

Let’s go, FD.

44pb3HIVg33IXSlQ3ohhDhoTVYHRZy78qBMYPD75GbQ-BSzgHS68x4G0KXUhPYYwpUxM7TmYvAeprmFRlCYTSPMD5xYdc5-g9ST-fsvK7_QOj4cCyfXbdMdqAD1hphSy2jXI3lo

And with the sound of a high pitch rotary in the background, Dillon headed off to the highway on this night. A night that would change his opinion on street racing and racers forever...

End of Chapter 1

- Special thanks to @KazaMR2 for editing the pictures, proofreading the text, and for posting Dillon’s intro while I was unavailable. :cheers:
- I know its short, but its supposed to be a mini chapter. The next one will be a special one, and a lot longer.

Last edited:
Small story update: Chapter 1.1 and 1.2.0 are finished. All we need is one photoset for 1.1.0 and then they're coming up.

Chapter 1 - Part 1.1 - Return of Wangan legends

Chapter 1 - Part 1.1 - Dillon’s pov

Act 1.1 - Word of the reunion

9PM - Tatsumi PA

Part 2.png

Hmm… seems a little more packed than it did last night.

Dillon had just arrived to his usual parking spot, and was just about to get a can of coffee when he noticed a nice ride.

Part 4.png

Wow an Aston.. looks like 007’s in town hehe. However, it looks… menacing, almost. Very different to what just parked beside my FD…

Part 3.png

A countach. But that’s not the surprising thing about it. There’s a woman in the driving seat. A decent-looking one too… Anyway, back to the Aston. I can tell its not stock. The sou-

Dillon noticed something behind the wall.

Part 5.png

Must be nothing. Oh, the Lambo’s pulling onto the highway. I think I’ll chase it and see what this woman’s got!

And the chase began. But soon after they both got onto the Wangan, two others were chasing them. Fast.

Part 7.png

The Aston and…. is that an 512BB? Maybe that was behind the wall at the PA. This looks like it’s an unexpected 4 way!

Part 6.png

Whoa!

Part 8.png

The Ferrari shot by Dillon and the Lambo girl.

So.. who wanna play, huh? The Aston’s about to do the same.. not this time pal.

It was almost like the earth shook when Dillon downshifted into a lower gear, raising the FD’s whine a lot louder.

I’m catching up to the 512! Or.. is it slowing down… Either way, it's getting passed by a car that costs about twice as less!!!

Part 9.png

Allow me to show you three that the rotary engine isn’t just good for corners. IT’LL CREAM EVERYTHING ON THE WANGAN!!!

Part 10.1.png

What Dillon didn’t notice was that the Aston and the Ferrari weren’t trying too hard. For a very good reason…

Part 11.png

Now the Lambo’s showing its strengths, huh? Sorry but I don’t thinks its enough. Stick to modelling girl.

Part 12.png

After taking a U-turn making them head back to the same PA, Dillon arrived back first. But something dawned on him.

My car has 445 HP. A stock Aston V12 has 510, and that car was no way stock too. And I got a small glimpse of 512’s speed when entering the Wangan. Maybe they were just testing me? I have won the battle, but lost the war, I think. Oh, the Aston guy’s calling me over. What does he want?

Part 13.png

The Lambo’s also here. This’ll be interesting...

Dillon parked his FD beside the Lambo, and noticed the other drivers. The Aston driver was about in his 20s, and looked… interesting, to say the least. The Countach’s driver was female, also looked like she was in her late 20s. Dillon was right about one thing: she was pretty.

Part 14.png

Kaage: Hey! That’s some fast FD.

Mizuho: Yes it sure is. I was giving it everything, but couldn’t keep up.

Dillon: Um thanks. Who are you two?

Mizuho: My name is Mizuho Miyanokouji.

Kaage: I’m Kaage Nakahara.

Dillon: My name is Dillon Tsuchiya. A pleasure to meet you.

Mizuho: You're quite young…

Dillon: Yeah, I’m taking University courses up here.

Part 16.png

Kaage: Well now that introductions are done with, let me explain why I called you two both over here. Tomorrow, I’m having a sort of reunion with a few old mates, and I would like to invite you two.

Kaage hands them both a small card with the time and place they were meeting. As he’s handing them, Dillon notice’s something about the Aston.

Part 15.png

An aura.. but it’s weird, like it can’t make up its mind about what colour it wants to be.

Mizuho: Okay sure, I’m in!

Dillon: I’ll think about it… can I ask you something, Kaage?

Kaage: ?

Dillon: Why weren’t you driving flat out just now?

Kaage: Heh… I’ll explain that tomorrow.

With that, Dillon said goodbye to the both of them, got in the FD, and drove towards the exit.

Part 17.png

They seem nice, but odd, at the same time. Must be a ‘Wangan racer’ thing.

Part 18.png

I think I’ll attend this “reunion” of sorts. Might make some friends. Or rivals…

Part 19.png

Huh? There’s something different about you, FD…

______________________________________________________________________________________

Downtown Tokyo - The Next Day

So this is Tokyo, huh? Looks like downtown Toronto only… Japanese-ier, heh.

TJVRn9XIFfvz-AkNb6ZatoGIPkLKx2o7mXVKF1U7okN5MSSK0VoFSrBPEnYiyRN7QmzLhShfSqB5yp0pIWInhtDepOdWxCZzbJQs_6ijGCCtCZY8EPfBEoiqpxbDGaht1jU-t1zs

Man its quiet out here. Must all be protesting about something on the other side of town.

Dillon had just arrived in the heart of Tokyo, looking for the place where the reunion was to be held at. Then, he noticed something.

rYZJktRojrGfuztn72fC8yBI3mZsVocJmc_D6MdTtcihnbnplshH9V3aY_l3rBXxlH7PoH_ulkhm50sIwvT15qOWqwgi3fy8swM7csbHDa_mjOw-NJBGiSzVWM95Dh9OmPlUHQB7

Kaage must have got his Aston from here. Maybe I’ll buy a V12 Zagato… or a used DBS. I could be the REAL 007. Hmm, not only Aston dealers but Maserati, BMW, Porsche… Why no Mazda? I guess not as “high-class” as those brands.

Along the way, he thought of something important.

It wasn't my imagination. You seem to fighting something, FD.

HQzbTLzSv9iAySmfSA_LAG5FKUoUhh8hSfUjoPFvDW1S4XSC2PhynwmJb-O9l9SYObFPez_eybnp_q0uXLCNn2WElEAkz_DkMrUpQ09j0ajudZfGGprd2AwyzBfnduozlnvLHh1A

You’re struggling with something. That race may have tired you out, but not only that. On the highway here, the engine didn’t feel as effect as before. I felt it through the accelerator. Hmm… pushing against something. The aero! My FD doesn’t cut through the air as cleanly as those exotics from yesterday. After we get back, I’m taking you in for a tune up. Ryouske-san did tell me about that rotary specialist shop, RE Amemiya. Apparently his brother’s FD has a bodykit from there. Might need to research them when I get back.

atbF56Ty5vNTfzbvP_JDgcBm73WDCt-F17DsdPRavb4OXz6XUC9rQ5N3AtrlgrCJtD0uluLgsvRVlyH0KS4xrXGYpjetmuf8gOUFlI_u7HFusygJLaVUjF6qNG8BPg3JNI3YFWwc

That’s the street I have to turn on.

Tonight should be fun. Without the alcohol though…

Chapter 1 - Part 1.1 - Mizuho’s pov

A race to remember.

Running into the Ikebukuro Station, shoving people out of the way to get to her train faster, Mizuho was trying to get home. Staying at her company has been a hectic affair, what with the accident a few months ago showing how valuable she was to the job. As a matter of fact, some of their clients refused to work with them until Mizuho came back from the accident. Speaking four languages fluently made a significant difference in what got done there. Other companies have sent scouts to her because of her talent, but she would not comply with their dress codes. Suddenly pushing past another passenger, she manages to make it on the train headed to Yokohama in the nick of time. Ah, the good old Mirai line. Finally, some rest and quiet for the first time in two weeks... Yet, she had to bring something home before anything else. Her tuner had finished the settings on her car. The set-up was rough around the edges and needed some polish from a more experienced tuner, but they would have to do for now.

She wiped some dirt off of her pants leg and looked at the usual late-night crowd. Some old men, a lady with groceries, and some bored kids. It’s quite a contrast to the United States. Over there, it was full of people yelling, texting on their phones, or whatever else it is that they do. The world flew past in a blur outside, bringing back the terrible memories of the accident...The helpless feeling of having no control over Suzaku as she tried to stop the car from hitting the wall...The sounds and smell started to come back to her. Suddenly shivering in fear, Mizuho produces a handkerchief to wipe the sweat off of her forehead. As she does this, she hears the announcement for the Shin-Yokohama stop. She grabs her bag and steps off the train once they get there, and then set off for the underground parking where her cheaply-purchased Lamborghini waited for her.

She set her laptop in the small trunk and got in the car. The feeling of support from the leather racing seat was exciting to say the least. It took a few seconds to get the engine started, but when it started it awarded her with the sudden, deep grumble of a V12 coming to life. A few windows nearby shook, and it was loud enough to make the parking area manager look up from his newspaper with a small smile. As Mizuho left the garage, the Lamborghini rumbled as if it wanted to get some release from being cramped up for so long. It encouraged her to go somewhere else besides home. As the light changed back to red, Mizuho waited for it to change back as she taps her fingers on the Lamborghini’s steering wheel.

hotel.png

Mizuho: “Let’s see how well this Mr. E.D.’s tuning worked on you, Angel.”

As she headed into the Wangan, the tires were trying to grip on the loose gravel of the on-ramp. She executed the turn correctly, and as soon as she was on the empty part of the highway, she floored it. The V12 roared to life and the car got a sudden burst of speed and acceleration.

heading to wangan.png

Mizuho: “Hmm...It accelerates well, but the back feels soft. It’s still controllable, though.”

entering the PA.png

As she was scribbling her notes on the notepad she added to her dashboard, she entered the PA. She shuddered suddenly, and the car jerked a bit as they felt this sudden but intense pressure nearby. As soon as she was able to park, she look everywhere to locate the source of this familiar pressure...But she didn’t see anything other than a tuned FD idling in one of the parking spots. Might as well race him!

As they started the race, she noticed a white Vantage creeping up behind them...Could it be the same one from back then…? The FD suddenly accelerated, making her shift her focus back to it. Her car’s shift light came on, telling her to shift up. Glad that’s working...Her car’s large frame cuts through the air like a knife through butter. She was trying to catch the FD when suddenly, the V12 Vantage passed her as if she was at a dead stop..

Mizuho (hitting the wheel): No, not again! I won’t let you pass!

Feeling Angel suddenly surge with power, she pushed harder and overtook the other two cars. It was turning into a three-way battle...She noticed another set of lights somewhere behind them...It looked like they were just floating. No, wait...It’s a black car. Its aura suddenly surged forward, making Mizuho feel a intense chill up her back. This car was no slouch...The Vantage and the FD took the lead again, but she was right behind them.

Mizuho: “What is going on here…? It has to be the same car as from that day...And the FD and I are going all out, so why is it playing? I can tell it’s faster than us or least faster than me, although I’m at the peak of power...and yet…? And who’s driving that car behind me, and what is this feeling?”

As they exited the tunnel, the FD was again in the lead, followed by the Vantage and then her. The black car suddenly surged with power and then blew past her on the corner.

Mizuho: Wait, that emblem...It’s a Ferrari? Which model is that...? A 512?

She started scribbling details and questions as fast as she could while keeping the car straight at 197 MPH. Her mind was always working overtime in any situation. In those split seconds after being passed, she could tell the car was not running to win. Its engine note and speed said that it could’ve won easily if it wanted to. And yet, it looked like it was after the Vantage...Could it be a rivalry? Did she get into a territory war?

After the second tunnel, it was clear she had lost the race, even though she was still keeping up with them. And yet, she felt relaxed and happy that her skill and ability were both still good. She parked next to the FD and the Vantage. She sighs, and even though she has a professional racing outfit on, it’s still clear she’s a girl. She hears laughter from the Lamborghini.

Mizuho: Shut it, Angel. Let’s see how this goes…

the meeting at PA.png

As she exited the car and headed over to the other two, she overheard the Vantage driver taking about a meeting the following night. Knowing that she has two weeks of vacation ahead of her, she agreed to the meeting. She took his business card and wrote the information in her notepad. She also made notes about what she saw in each car and its aura. Yet she could feel that someone was watching or eavesdropping, and was hidden in the shadows.

Mizuho: So the Vantage driver is named Kaage. Hmm...I’ve heard that name before, but where? ...That FD is quite fast though. Yet the airflow seems off on it...it could be faster.

exiting PA.png

She started up the Lambo after saying goodbye to the other two drivers. She was still analyzing the events of the race, and then shook her head at how Dillon, the FD driver, and Kaage looked at her. It was as if she was remembering something from the past.

going home 2.png

The next day, after cleaning her house and garage, she gave Angel, the Lamborghini a good waxing. She looked at the car as it awaited further tuning among the other cars there.

Mizuho: Guess there will be rumors of a girl racer in the area...Ichiro will not let me live this down once the rumors start...He’s still slightly pissed, though his wife picked up what I thought was a great disguise. Guess girls can spot another for miles. But he’s still working on Suzaku so I must follow the norm...except for dress code, right Angel?

Its engine suddenly roars in the otherwise quiet warehouse district that she lives in. She looks at the empty spot where Suzaku used to sleep and thinks to herself. Soon, you’ll be home... As she leaves the warehouse district, the gate closes behind her and locks up for security. As she starts her drive to Tokyo, she considers driving to Akihabara...It depends on the situation.

going home.png

Chapter 1 - Part 1.1 - Devil’s pov

Part 1.png

So this PA’s busy tonight. There’s a Lamborghini, RX-7 and that Aston Martin Steel was rambling about. I wonder if he fixed that stupid truck of his…UGH! Why did I have to deal with that Tomoki guy when the old man’s goon is the one that ruined his MX5?

Part 2.png

Now hold on a second. That man in the V12...That has to be him! The Wings of the Wangan! Tonight I’ll get an answer for what happened to my dad…

Part 3.png

Looks like that Countach and the RX-7 are going. Their auras are as weak as I expected them to be, but this Wings of the Wangan man has one almost as fierce as people claim mine is. Time to confront-

Part 4.png

Damn it! He went after them. Might as well test him and the greenhorns.

Part 5.png

Part 6.png

The greenhorns aren’t as quick as they seem to be...This Aston’s really on my tail. I guess he passed my test...I’ll take him down some day.

Part 7.png

For now I’m just gonna fall back and watch the other two duke it out. I’m certain I’ll end up hating the chick in the Lambo...Then again I hate everyone who trespasses on this legendary stretch of road my father conquered.

Part 8.png

Time to hide behind the wall again. Looks like 'The Wings' is talking to them...Let me lower my window.

Kaage: “...A sort of reunion with my old mates and I would like to invite the two of you.”

Part 9.png

So he’s meeting with his old teammates, huh? Time to send Steel in with the audio recorder to see what this is about. I don’t think anyone will care too much for him, since he’s driving that god-awful truck. Before I forget, I need to confront this guy and get an answer!

With his concerns settled, the Devil set off to confront the man in the Vantage before he disappeared…

______________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 1 - Part 1.1 - Kaage’s pov

8:21PM - Kaage’s house - Manazuru, Ashigarashimo District, Kanagawa Prefecture.

Kaage is in the garage of his luxury house, it’s near the coast, on a small spike of land sticking outwards. It’s very modern, yet has a classic Japanese feel to it, with paper doors, and Tatami mats covering most of the rooms. In the garage it is more modern, with white paint on the walls and floor, even futuristic looking…

His cars are positioned in order, with his Aston being closest to the exit, the Celica is more near the back with a cover over it at all times, and there is another rather wedge shaped car with a cover over it too. Kaage walks over to it…

Kaage: Mmmm… One day I’ll use you again, the true ‘Wings of the wangan’ will return soon. I’ll make my move when needed heh…

He begins to walk over to some stairs leading to the actual house, from his garage being the basement, under the ground level. Kaage has invested a lot of money for this big manor sized house, he seems pleased just walking around in it.

Kaage: I love this place, ahaha… Now I wonder what has happened on the racing forums, Takata said he’d talk to me after my dumb actions at Hakone earlier today. I don’t even know what I was doing. I’ll let it pass, and if that harsh guy challenges me, I’ll kick his *** ! Haha.

It turns out on Kaage’s desktop he has some alerts, about 6, and then 4 new messages. He reads the alerts first, if something kicks off on his thread he is onto it like a hawk. Nothing major, just some off-topic ramble as usual with not much activity, but on the messages, it seems 2 are from completely new members...

Kaage: Huh, who are these from? Never heard of them on here before...

One message is from user ‘Sharkfang’ the other from ‘Tysonb0ss606’. Kaage automatically predicts who these are just from the names.

Kaage: Aha! Oh boy, one message from the creepy girl with split personalities, and one from ‘Mr tough guy’ HA! This will be a laugh and a half!

He decides to read the one from the ‘b0ss’ first.

It reads all in capitals - Yo fool! I hear you’re the guy from this morning who did a beat down to me! I challenge you to a one vs one on Hakone! No messing around too, you gotta bring a car that will class a Dodge viper! P.S - Your kick was nothing!

Kaage: Hahaha! Knew I’d make myself laugh from this one, oh well, might as well have a gamble too.

Kaage replies: Sure, lets race tomorrow night, I’m too busy today, you must have something better to do, like remembering to turn off caps lock next time.

Kaage: Oh he’s gonna hate me now… Aha!

He reads the next message. It turns out it is Kaede, Kaede Kagome.

Hello, this is Kaede Kagome! From the last few nights remember? Of course you do ahaha…

Now, down to business, there is a lot of racers going to the Wangan tonight, I want you to go, mess with the new ones, see if there is anyone of interest there. You’ll be wondering why I bet? Well, just do it. You’ll get the picture.

Kaage: Short but sweet, I bet Fang wrote the last part for definite. Hmm… I don’t really have anything else to do, I could be tuning my old machine, but it can wait, sure whatever.

He quickly typed up: Ok, I’ll be there. Thanks for telling me.

An almost instant reply came up: Don’t mention it. I won’t be there too, I’ve got somewhere to be. ~ Fang

Kaage: Knew it…

After that random event, Kaage decides to leave the other ones for after the meet tonight.

Kaage: To the wangan! Let’s go Aston!

Part 1.png

Kaage zooms over to the Wangan in no-time, and it seems he has turned up early as usual, no racers are here yet…

Kaage: Must be too fast for them all, they’ll be here soon though, I sense something big is going to happen tonight.

Part 2.png

Kaage waits for a while feeling that he’s being watched from a far, but knocks off that and checks the internet on his phone, it seems there is some rumors around about a old Nero coloured Ferrari on the threads again, Kaage knows it must be the car again…

Kaage: I know something will happen now, for sure. Oh hey! Two racers have just turned up, looks like the Countach wants to give that RX7 a duel?.. Let’s follow them!

Part 3.png

Kaage starts up the mighty V12 and begins a test.

Part 4.png

Kaage: Lets see how these guys run with me at about 65%? Hmm, maybe too little, the FD seems real quick, 75% then.

Kaage checks his rear mirror, but it’s full of black haze with a red burn on it, it must be him again…

Part 5.png

Kaage: There you are! I wonder if it’s a ghost, I’ll keep running this fast, if it is the real one, he’d launch off in 3, 2, 1…

Nothing happened, the 512BB just overtook Kaage, and continued to try catch the others too.

Part 6.png

Kaage: OK! One last try, you’ll be him if I do this!

Part 7.png

The racers enter the westbound tunnel, and Kaage begins leaning more toward the throttle, the V12 purring up with the RPMs, but something is off, Kaage has his aura in plain sight, but it looks to be fading on one side.

Part 8.png

Kaage: No good, it can’t be him, he’d be near me by now, but we’re at the same speed, no-one is losing or winning… Unless, the driver in the 512BB knows I’m not going all out and has slowed too?! Whaaaat…

Afterwards, Kaage goes back to Tatsumi PA.

9:49PM - Tatsumi PA

Kaage: Wheew, these guys got me going, the FD is on my watch list, although the Countach driver can improve, I bet the driver could become one of the greats of the highways…

Part 9.png

Hey, here they are now… Did they follow me? Maybe they spotted my aura!

Kaage: Hey you two over here!

Both of them step out of their cars, the RX7 driver is a young guy, looks to be in school of some form still, but with his looks, most likely university as of his specs and short hair cut.

The other driver, oh, it’s a woman! About in her 20s, but she looks striking! I better keep my cool around her, or she might think I’m hitting on her with my kind ways, hehe.

Kaage: That is one quick FD you have! And you too lady, your Countach is sweet!

Mizuho: Awh, why thank you. I couldn’t keep up to that Aston, or your Rotary rocket too, hehe.

Dillon: Um, thanks… Who are you two?

Mizuho: I’m Mizuho Miyanokouji, pleasure to meet you both.

Kaage: I’m Kaage Nakahara, an admin to a racing forum and a so called ‘King’ in the tuning and highway circuit.

Dillon: My name is Dillon Tsuchiya, nice to meet you also.

Mizuho: Say, you’re young Dillon, are you still in school?

Kaage: Hey! I was gonna ask that too! ahaha

Dillon: Yep, I’m at a university, I moved to Japan not so long ago.

Kaage: How interesting, now let’s see if these lot wana go to the reunion maybe? Hey, now our intros are out of the way, I’ll say why I called you two over. I’m holding a reunion with a few of my old mates, maybe you’d be interested in a small party?

Kaage proceeds to hand them both very fancy looking cards of a pub in Tokyo, it looks very professional for just a pub though.

Mizuho looks at Kaage with a very happy look, and says out: Ok! I’m in for that, it sounds fun!

Kaage: Ahahaha, glad you’ll be coming, ehe, how about you Dillon?

Dillon: I’ll think about it Kaage, but can I ask you something?

Kaage: Hmm?

Dillon: Were you driving flat out that run?

Kaage: He’s onto me, aaah. Ok, keep it cool. I’ll say at the reunion… Hehe.

Dillon: Ok… Bye to you all then, I got to leave!

Mizuho: Same here unfortunately, I got some extra work to be doing… Bye bye!

Kaage: Alright, see ya! They seem like nice people, it’s rare to come across them in this world though. ‘sigh’

Kaage jolts for no reason though, as he feels something off around the area again.

Kaage: Strange, ah well, I hope no-one heard about the meet, it will be a shock to some if they overheard what happens in the reunion. Hopefully it all goes to plan with G and Ryuu…

THE END…?

...Little did Kaage know he was about to come face to face with the Wangan Devil...And it was not going to be a pleasant experience.

Writer notes -

Each part of here was writen by each character's writer, so I only wrote my part. But I edited mostly all the pictures, bar the unedited ones on ruwan's second part after the battle.

The Confrontation: The Devil is revealed!
Co-authored by Kaza and Obelisk
============================================
Immediately following the four-way race...

Devil: Steel’s going to kill me for this, but I have to keep this guy from leaving!

The Devil floors it as the man in the Vantage starts driving towards the off-ramp. The noise is enough to catch the man’s attention and give the Devil enough time to perform a handbrake slide and cut off the Vantage’s path.

HXV6DbcgSpXndBI-HZCkClQSss6asDW2dfVPmmqTccl3kLZ9YS1RFcU4uoFzIkV4cljmrjKUEvP-kqQwE_QKCge5bSwCoRhe5n3dv626bIo7FOrVvdJdFVODWrUZGRp9ILNThGs

The man in the Vantage shuts off his car and gets out of it.

Kaage: Oi, get out the way! I got somewhere to be!

Devil: Sorry pal, but that isn’t happening.

The Devil gets out of the Ferrari and stands in front of its headlights so Kaage can’t see his features.

Devil: I’m pretty certain you know who I am.

The Devil appears as a silhouette where he is standing, but it’s easy to see that he’s at least six feet tall, and with an average build. It’s a very familiar silhouette...

Kaage: No way… I must have been right! It really IS him! It… It’s you… How are you still alive!?

Devil: Heh, you’re thinking of my father, Takenouti. I am Dagurasu, the NEW Wangan Devil! And I’m here to get some answers out of you, the Wings of the Wangan.

As Dagurasu makes this proclamation, an intense and hostile pressure pierces through Kaage. This guy is serious. Very serious.

Dagurasu: And if you won’t give me answers, I’ll have to beat them out of you.

The pressure is now so intense that it actually is hurting Kaage! Could this be the true power of the Wangan Devil’s aura?!

Kaage: Is that a wager? Heh, I’m an able fighter myself, but fighting is pretty petty anyway, so what is the question?

There is a moment of silence between the two.

Dagurasu: What happened on the day my father died in 1992?

========================================================================
April 7, 1992. The Wangan, 22:38.

Two vehicles can be heard roaring down the Westbound side of the Wangan. One is a recent European sports car, the other a black Ferrari 512BB. Both cars are travelling at quite alarming speeds for the time, averaging 198 MPH. In the Ferrari, the leader of the then-dominant Wangan team Shadow Racers, Takenouti. In the other car, an up-and-coming team’s Wangan pride, Kaage. The Hajime Racers, the new team that Kaage is a part of, is trying to win the territory that the Shadow Racers have ruled over with an iron fist. However, Kaage had worked on Takenouti’s now-legendary Ferrari the month before without knowing who it belonged to.

Both cars started their approach through the first speed trap of this particular section of the Wangan. However, something went wrong. Kaage recklessly shot across behind Takenouti to attempt to pass him on the inside, and smashed into the side of the Ferrari. The bodywork on both cars got tangled in each other, and they flew straight at the wall at 189 miles per hour…The Ferrari took the brunt of the accident.

22:53.

Kaage wakes up with a splitting headache and multiple injuries. What happened…?

Kaage: Aha… That hurt… How am I even alive?!

Kaage looks over at the Ferrari… All that it is now is a completely mangled mess. What he can see of Takenouti inside of it tells him the man is beyond dead. It was quite...a grotesque sight to look at. This makes Kaage vomit.

Kaage: No! No way… He’s dead… That was my fault, I killed a man!

Kaage can barely even move, yet still drags himself up and attempts to run off, he trips over in doing so, but eventually gets away from the horrific scene…

His team was later led to believe he had died that day, and they fell apart.

Takenouti was laid to rest the following day in a closed-casket funeral. Over 50,000 racers from all disciplines turned up for the funeral...Standing before the casket during the entire funeral were his now-orphaned two children: Dagurasu, 18, and Aria, 8.

It was this day that Dagurasu swore he’d get payback for what happened to the good old man.

Present time, the Wangan PA.

Kaage: What a question indeed… Hmm, let me think how to say this… Well, me and Takenouti had a race sometime in 1992 like you said, but… Well… We both crashed mid-race, and his Ferrari was pretty much made into a compact metal box, not a good sight indeed. But I also fell victim to the crash, seems I was the lucky one though.

The moment he says this, the already painful sensation from Dag’s presence spiked as if he just really pissed Dag off. Dag steps forward out of the headlights... He’s got a very calm look on his face, but everyone around him can feel the anger from him. This radiates outwards for several miles, as a matter of fact.

Elsewhere, in Dag’s garage
Wha?! Steel just felt a piercing sensation in his chest...Is the boss ok?

Wangan PA

Dagurasu: You...You crashed into him?!

Dagurasu steps forward as if he’s about to strike Kaage, and then turns his back.

Dagurasu: You may have killed my father, but your life isn’t worth taking. Instead, I’ll destroy everything you’ve ever worked for on this road. The next time you see me is when I’ll take you and your petty team down for good.

He jumps back into his father’s Ferrari and peels off, leaving Kaage by himself in the PA.

2PXU7rWyQbJFLkV7qyYxqNkQVA28TT46CWs0fclYI66OHheDqSCTPvrKtP6TbgnYvxWJ_31Aq_xt8iJKSD0I8K0Sl3aWjJHZGLKUGaZYsr4ap5VFxvGwmkaMqKvY4H0XVpz4VPU

Kaage: Hehe, what a guy… Just hope he makes no rash moves, or it’ll be the end.

JNiIooxIUYHkvEaG_Guq2Fe0KoohyAPXXJBQMHVpAsI9gy7fHCVk1vg4QYas1489TLvqGyOsyAMOEEFzVmf1mJFRmXbCQpSM8-K9TrDWdmnmzYZOgwDioHk2m3NMDJ_fRL51T3w

THE END.

Last edited:
The Confrontation: The Devil is revealed!
Co-authored by Kaza and Obelisk
============================================
Immediately following the four-way race...

Devil: Steel’s going to kill me for this, but I have to keep this guy from leaving!

The Devil floors it as the man in the Vantage starts driving towards the off-ramp. The noise is enough to catch the man’s attention and give the Devil enough time to perform a handbrake slide and cut off the Vantage’s path.

HXV6DbcgSpXndBI-HZCkClQSss6asDW2dfVPmmqTccl3kLZ9YS1RFcU4uoFzIkV4cljmrjKUEvP-kqQwE_QKCge5bSwCoRhe5n3dv626bIo7FOrVvdJdFVODWrUZGRp9ILNThGs

The man in the Vantage shuts off his car and gets out of it.

Kaage: Oi, get out the way! I got somewhere to be!

Devil: Sorry pal, but that isn’t happening.

The Devil gets out of the Ferrari and stands in front of its headlights so Kaage can’t see his features.

Devil: I’m pretty certain you know who I am.

The Devil appears as a silhouette where he is standing, but it’s easy to see that he’s at least six feet tall, and with an average build. It’s a very familiar silhouette...

Kaage: No way… I must have been right! It really IS him! It… It’s you… How are you still alive!?

Devil: Heh, you’re thinking of my father, Takenouti. I am Dagurasu, the NEW Wangan Devil! And I’m here to get some answers out of you, the Wings of the Wangan.

As Dagurasu makes this proclamation, an intense and hostile pressure pierces through Kaage. This guy is serious. Very serious.

Dagurasu: And if you won’t give me answers, I’ll have to beat them out of you.

The pressure is now so intense that it actually is hurting Kaage! Could this be the true power of the Wangan Devil’s aura?!

Kaage: Is that a wager? Heh, I’m an able fighter myself, but fighting is pretty petty anyway, so what is the question?

There is a moment of silence between the two.

Dagurasu: What happened on the day my father died in 1992?

April 7, 1992. The Wangan, 22:38.

Two vehicles can be heard roaring down the Westbound side of the Wangan. One is a recent European sports car, the other a black Ferrari 512BB. Both cars are travelling at quite alarming speeds for the time, averaging 198 MPH. In the Ferrari, the leader of the then-dominant Wangan team Shadow Racers, Takenouti. In the other car, an up-and-coming team’s Wangan pride, Kaage. The Hajime Racers, the new team that Kaage is a part of, is trying to win the territory that the Shadow Racers have ruled over with an iron fist. However, Kaage had worked on Takenouti’s now-legendary Ferrari the month before without knowing who it belonged to.

Both cars started their approach through the first speed trap of this particular section of the Wangan. However, something went wrong. Kaage recklessly shot across behind Takenouti to attempt to pass him on the inside, and smashed into the side of the Ferrari. The bodywork on both cars got tangled in each other, and they flew straight at the wall at 189 miles per hour…The Ferrari took the brunt of the accident.

22:53.

Kaage wakes up with a splitting headache and multiple injuries. What happened…?

Kaage: Aha… That hurt… How am I even alive?!

Kaage looks over at the Ferrari… All that it is now is a completely mangled mess. What he can see of Takenouti inside of it tells him the man is beyond dead. It was quite...a grotesque sight to look at. This makes Kaage vomit.

Kaage: No! No way… He’s dead… That was my fault, I killed a man!

Kaage can barely even move, yet still drags himself up and attempts to run off, he trips over in doing so, but eventually gets away from the horrific scene…

His team was later led to believe he had died that day, and they fell apart.

Takenouti was laid to rest the following day in a closed-casket funeral. Over 50,000 racers from all disciplines turned up for the funeral...Standing before the casket during the entire funeral were his now-orphaned two children: Dagurasu, 18, and Aria, 8.

It was this day that Dagurasu swore he’d get payback for what happened to the good old man.

Present time, the Wangan PA.

Kaage: What a question indeed… Hmm, let me think how to say this… Well, me and Takenouti had a race sometime in 1992 like you said, but… Well… We both crashed mid-race, and his Ferrari was pretty much made into a compact metal box, not a good sight indeed. But I also fell victim to the crash, seems I was the lucky one though.

The moment he says this, the already painful sensation from Dag’s presence spiked as if he just really pissed Dag off. Dag steps forward out of the headlights... He’s got a very calm look on his face, but everyone around him can feel the anger from him. This radiates outwards for several miles, as a matter of fact.

Elsewhere, in Dag’s garage
Wha?! Steel just felt a piercing sensation in his chest...Is the boss ok?

Wangan PA

Dagurasu: You...You crashed into him?!

Dagurasu steps forward as if he’s about to strike Kaage, and then turns his back.

Dagurasu: You may have killed my father, but your life isn’t worth taking. Instead, I’ll destroy everything you’ve ever worked for on this road. The next time you see me is when I’ll take you and your petty team down for good.

He jumps back into his father’s Ferrari and peels off, leaving Kaage by himself in the PA.

2PXU7rWyQbJFLkV7qyYxqNkQVA28TT46CWs0fclYI66OHheDqSCTPvrKtP6TbgnYvxWJ_31Aq_xt8iJKSD0I8K0Sl3aWjJHZGLKUGaZYsr4ap5VFxvGwmkaMqKvY4H0XVpz4VPU

Kaage: Hehe, what a guy… Just hope he makes no rash moves, or it’ll be the end.

JNiIooxIUYHkvEaG_Guq2Fe0KoohyAPXXJBQMHVpAsI9gy7fHCVk1vg4QYas1489TLvqGyOsyAMOEEFzVmf1mJFRmXbCQpSM8-K9TrDWdmnmzYZOgwDioHk2m3NMDJ_fRL51T3w

THE END.
Incredible chapter very intense and very serious

Still don't finished to read it all,but hell,cool stuff you guys got here!

But I came here for an serious subject... I just trought it could be a good ideia to let you guys know about something I saw at the Highway tomorrow.

Some fast driver suddenly showed up from nowhere while I was resting with my girlfriend in my R33. It's wonderful (really wonderful) and loud roar caught my attention so I had to quickly take my cam to click him:

Special Stage Route 5 Clubman.jpg

As you could see,I wasnt fast enought to take a good pic of that stunning RS200. But boy,his scary aura along with that roar gave me chills.

Fortunatelly,a friend of mine were at the right corner,at the right time,and catch him pushing it's agile mid-engined 4WD system in this very good pic:

Special Stage Route 5 Clubman_3.jpg

Not sure if he was looking for a battle,someone,or was just playing around... Have anyone,except my friend and I,seen this guy before?

Last edited:

Act 1.2 - The Hajime Racers Reunion

[Kaage]

Around 10PM - Ryuu’s pub - Shinjuku, Tokyo.

After the random and unpleasant encounter with the fearsome Dagurasu ‘Wangan Devil’ Kaage now feels rather uneasy on the way to the reunion…

Kaage: Hmm, something was off about that guy, very mysterious...I’ll have to look into this guy and his 512BB…

Kaage parks up his V12 Vantage right around the front of the very lively pub. Seems Ryuu knows how to keep customers happy. He is right at the front entrance, so Kaage walks over, still feeling uneasy.

Ryuu spots Kaage and waves at him: Hey Kaage! How’s it going?

Kaage: Ahh… Not too bad I guess, how about you?

Ryuu: I’m good! However, it’s been awhile since I’ve been here. Boy, the memories of this old club… Hehe.

Kaage: Yeah… Haha.

Ryuu: I’ve asked most the customers to hurry as we are closing for our meet. We don’t want anyone creeping up on us half way through the talk, hey? Aha.

Kaage: Yeah, just how I like it. I have a bad feeling something is going down today, so keep alert Ryuu.

Kaage pats Ryuu on the shoulder before heading into the VIP conference room at the back, it’s a very neat room, layered with luxury red & black leather all over the place, with some chrome gold accents. It’s like a king’s room in here!

Kaage: Gheez… Ryuu really did up this place. Oh hey! There is some old Hajime Racers junk over there.

Kaage investigates the memorabilia, one appears to be a badge from a British sports car!

Kaage:
‘Esprit’...

Before he can read the rest out to himself, a voice is heard from across the room.

G:
Hey Kogure, is that you?

Kaage: Ah! It’s Kaage, G. You always forget. Ahaha

G: Indeed. Anyway, how goes the wangan route? Anything strange happening?

Kaage: Hmm… Now that you mention in, I met an old geezer in a Ferrari before I came here. He seemed awfully snappy at me.

G: Interesting… Did you catch his name?

Kaage: Oh yeah, Dagurasu. His car is a Berlinetta Boxer, the ‘76 512. It doesn’t look tuned at all...or at least not in the right ways, haha.

G: Oh alright. Anyhow how many invites did you send?

Kaage: Oh, a few. I gave some out personally from random events that have happened recently, but I sent out the big invite on the forums...

To be continued...

Back