Halo 4 *The best Halo IMO*

Spartan Ops Recap 1-5

Glasgow Animation/Axis Animation & 343 have done excellent work with the CGI. I wouldn't mind seeing an animated Halo movie like this.

Forge Community playlist really upped the quality in the game for me IMO.

Hopefully come the TU in February some other things will be fixed. *Cough* Fileshare *Cough*

Spartan Ops is getting more interesting. I really want to know where they're going with this.

I actually had a chance to check out the Community forge and 3 levels of Spartan Ops. Great way to start the new year. The community playlist is great just like the one they had in Reach. And wow the 3 Spartan Ops missions I played were really dang good. So far the first and 3rd were in a brand new location thats not in mp or the campaign. I love the look of the first chapter. Its the EXACT same colors I have been using on my character. Black with green. Like an Andys chocolate mint.
andes.jpg

Played through S-Ops last night.

Wow! The first 3 missions were pretty intense. I don't think I have died so much in S-ops as I had in those missions. Granted, I was trying another controler set up and that threw me off a bit. (meleeing when I wanted to reload and reloading when I wanted to melee.)

Aside from that little snafu (brought on by myself) I really enjoied this chapter.

I also like that they are playing OPS on Legendary now, not Heroic. That really steps things up in a good way.

Finally finished all the Spartan ops missions in Episode 6.

Yes! 343 listened to one of my requests! Spartan Ops Ep6 Ch5

I loved the Halo 3 co-op campaign and love the Halo 4 co-op campaign. But there were a couple things missing from 4 that I loved about 3.

1. Scarabs (could not battle these in Reach, huge disappointment)
2. English speaking enemies
3. Brutes

Well it looks like my #1 request has been met!!! If you play Spartan Ops this week Episode 6, chapter 5 you know exactly what I am talking about. I was cheering with so much excitement when I seen that thing last night!!! This is called a "Harvester" but it is clearly the H4 version of the Scarab. You know dang well we will be battling that thing eventually just like in H3!! Even if we dont battle one of these I was just so happy to see the appearance in H4 and we could actually enter it!! Thank you 343! :D

Just wrapped up another special last night, one more to go.

The final Special ... Tracker.

And as luck would have it, I still have 18 double xp matches available to tear through this final specialization.

I wonder if they are going to release any further specializations after this?

I was at 110 for a while before I even realized it. So last night I finally picked another specialization which put me at 111. BTW I have not used a single dbl exp for any of my credits. I want the skin for the Lightrifle but I have a feeling I wont get it until the last class. I am still using the Andes mint chocolate color scheme for my character. Might have to mix it up again here in the near future.

Spartan Ops really is pretty cool. This game keeps getting better and better since their break, maybe the Competitive playlist will be fun!

Right now I'm at 55 or something like that! :lol: I don't play much anymore because I lost interest during the Infinity Challenge, and when they came back I had Black Ops 2, Far Cry 3, and Mass Effect to run through. Hopefully I'll get back into the game a little more.

I was at 110 for a while before I even realized it. So last night I finally picked another specialization which put me at 111. BTW I have not used a single dbl exp for any of my credits. I want the skin for the Lightrifle but I have a feeling I wont get it until the last class. I am still using the Andes mint chocolate color scheme for my character. Might have to mix it up again here in the near future.

I believe that the light rifle skin was only available with the purchase of the Halo 4 counsle.

Engineer: Supressor
Wetworks: DMR
Tracker:Boltshot
Stalker: BR
Rogue: Carbine
Pioneer: Plazma Pistol
Pathfinder: AR
Operator: Magnum

I'm still rocking the ever evil Locus get up with very little change lately.

I thought about changing things up once I hit 130 ... but can't decide what to use.

I was going to go back to my Scout get up, but I was in a couple games were everyone else had the Scout helmet on. So I decided to keep with the Locus helmet as I hardly see it when I play.

I ended up using my quota of double xp games (200) and used my final one as I hit 130.
I used them mostly in Spartan ops as it payed out the most xp per game.
Thats not to say I used them all the time.

Last edited:
Spartan Ops really is pretty cool. This game keeps getting better and better since their break, maybe the Competitive playlist will be fun!

Right now I'm at 55 or something like that! :lol: I don't play much anymore because I lost interest during the Infinity Challenge, and when they came back I had Black Ops 2, Far Cry 3, and Mass Effect to run through. Hopefully I'll get back into the game a little more.
I like Spartan Ops a lot and look forward to it every Monday.

Yes they will constantly be changing the playlist every week with H4 like they did with the other Halo games. I do already miss the Forge Community playlist but I am sure they will be back with it again. ANd this time larger maps.

Bummer about the light rifle skin. Maybe it will become available later.

Rumor about future updates from Waypoint.

• Reduced the range of the Boltshot’s damage scaling over distance. The previous effective range for 1-hit kills was 20'-25'. The range has been reduced to 15'.
• Fixed an issue that did not allow players to create respawn timers or disable instant respawn in custom games.
• Fixed issues with friendly fire against vehicles. If FF is disabled, damage / EMPs from friendly sources will no longer damage vehicles that are fully controlled by your team.

The friendly fire being disabled from vehicles will be a nice improvement. Especially in Big Team Slayer.

Last edited:
Looking forward to checking out the new DLC maps tonight. Hopefully they keep the Spartan Ops going. I really enjoyed those every Monday. I thought for sure the rumor was 3 full seasons, 30 episodes, 150 chapters.

I downloaded it while I was getting ready for work this morning, so it will be all set to go when I get some time this evening to play.

Hey Camaro, how are you in Oddball?

I downloaded it while I was getting ready for work this morning, so it will be all set to go when I get some time this evening to play.

Hey Camaro, how are you in Oddball?
Since I have the season pass I didnt know if I should risk downloading it from the pc.

Oddball? I almost never play that mode so I am sure I am terrible. According to halotracker.com my oddball trueskill rank is a 4 and you are a 1 so I dont know how well that would go. Sounds like we are both a bit rough at oddball. haha

I'm a bit rough in matchmaking period.

I hardly play. In Halo 3 I played all the time, then when Reach came out, I played more Firefight then Matchmaking.

Same holds true in Halo 4 ... More S-ops than Matchmaking. But I'm looking to jump back into it again.

My reason for focusing on Oddball is I want to get my hands on the Scout Apex armor, which you can only get by completing the Oddball Victory commendation. But its going to take a lot of games to get it.

^ The good news is that true matchmaking does exist in Halo 4. You just cant see it. So you should be placed with people of your skill level. You are a 1 and I am a 4 in oddball so maybe we would have some decent games since we are around the same level. I still have good and bad games but overall at least it does have some sort of Trueskill matchmaking. Unlike the other FPS out there that dont have trueskill matchmaking at all. So I would be willing to help you with some oddball wins if you want. I cant promise we will win all the time but I can at least try to help.

Played some of the new Mythic maps last night and they are VERY good. The map designs and the graphics are very impressive. Even the backround graphics are really good.

Hoping they will announce the next rounds of Spartan Ops in the near future. But I am not expecting those to return for at least a month. Similar to what they did around christmas time.

They don't need firefight, spartan ops is amazing but the problem with it is it is impossible to lose. The battlerifle is overpowered and they are still not fixing it. These greedy idiots are also only making 3 map DLC. The Forge is pathetic and Halo Reach had way better forge.

I want some new big team battle maps from Forge for FREE. It is still a very fun game though.

They don't need firefight, spartan ops is amazing but the problem with it is it is impossible to lose.

The battlerifle is overpowered and they are still not fixing it. These greedy idiots are also only making 3 map DLC. The Forge is pathetic and Halo Reach had way better forge.

I want some new big team battle maps from Forge for FREE. It is still a very fun game though.
Yes Spartan Ops is very good. No need for firefight ever again. If Spartan Ops is not challenging enough for you, put it on legendary and try to get all the way through without ever dying. In fact they added a sub category to Spartan Ops showing the amount of times you have finished without dying on each level with each difficulty. Good luck with completing all of them on legendary without anyone on your team ever dying. You wont be able to do that for months.

Actually the top overpowered gun seems to be the DMR. You are the first person I have seen say it is the BR.
Forge is actually a lot better in Reach by a longshot. However it doesnt have a massive "forge world" like Reach but it does have a map thats pretty dang big. But in terms of functionality, Halo 4 forge is way better.

I am sure 343 is going to introduce another community Forge playlist like they had in Reach. They already introduced a version of the Community Forge Playlist with small maps. The next move will be a community playlist with big maps. Thats why Halo really doenst even need to sell any map packs at all. The game will have different maps FOR FREE every week once the community playlist goes live again. 👍

Just got this and the first voice I hear is.....Co...mmander Shepard? What? That's right, Jennifer Hale, voice of FemShep in the Mass Effect series voices Spartan Sarah Palmer in Halo 4...Okay, that's just a tad bit type casting...and weird...but it works. Whatever.

Sorry for the double post but....ummm...I thought this was supposed to be the beginning of a new trilogy...but...umm...yeah. I guess it might be the end of John's series...but...I don't know where they'd go after that.

EDIT: So, other than that, Cortana looks so derpy, now, and...more ammo please. Obviously the game isn't really intended to be played through solo because they like to give you no ammo and very little cover. Also, they stole a lot from Mass Effect, it seems, so that's stupid. Other than that, it's a decent story, but...I...never got choked up. Probably because Cortana looks so nasty. Four years was not kind to her. And that's another thing, I didn't realize AI could display age like that...whatever. Not the best Halo. But it's still fun.

I don't mind Halo 4. Except...it's already gotten to the point where the MP is fought on 3 maps. It's a shame. I like the new execution stuffs, and having to unlock items makes it a bit more fun.

While it is nice the Forge World is free, it is still a bit disappointing especially compared to the Far Cry map makers. 343 needs to ditch "Forge" when they create Halo 5 and get a true map maker like the one similar to Far Cry. Where you can actually manipulate the land, trees, everything. No more excuses on the next console. They need a true map maker.

Still loving Halo 4. Driftgod we still need to get you through the Spartan Ops episodes. Oh also dont forget to send Jordan a message if you want your name changed to the one you were using on the Forza planet site.

Back