Halo 4 *The best Halo IMO*

I finally purchased the season pass last night and I am using the Scanner helmet. Reminds me of some 80s 3D device but I do like it for something unique and for a good laugh. haha All 3 of those maps will have vehicles which makes me very happy.

Its rare I ever buy a season pass but I have truly been enjoying everything about Halo 4 and I know I will be playing this for a long time. Already have over 640 games played between Spartan Ops, co-op campaign, and multiplayer. 👍

Last edited:
Maybe not. I thought I heard that the exp you earn past reaching 70 will be added back in once the specials unlock.

Not sure if this is 100% true or not, but they did that on Reach when the ranks were capped. So there is a good chance it may happen again.

I can confirm thats not true for sure. One of my friends was 70 way before me. He received this e-mail on Friday but did not gain any accumulated points at all. Maybe that will change but I doubt it. Its just such a strange decision for 343 to put a level cap on a Halo game that can be reached within a month. Oh well I am still enjoying it and looking forward to Spartan Ops monday tonight. Also looking forward to the new maps next Monday. 👍

Well, no codes yet, but I'm not worried. I picked up the LE, so everything should be available when I finally hit 50. (@ 42 right now)

I just need to pick a few more double xp matches to make things go faster.

Actually the quickest way to level up is to play the Spartan Ops mode where you "find players". They give around 4,500-5,000 points per round and some of the rounds are only about 6-8 minutes.

I finally received my code yesterday and everything works. My wife finally has her code too. I guess my friend in Europe will never be able to get a code? Not sure why 343 made some of these specialization codes such a pain in the butt and restricting certain countries makes no sense to me.

Last edited:
Today is Spartan Monday again!! Episode 6. Looking forward to the new spartan ops missions. Also the new maps came out today too.

Currently there are some issues with the new maps. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status

XBOX LIVE Marketplace

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:
•Halo 4 season pass holders will have difficulty accessing their download of the Crimson Map Pack.
Affecting the following LIVE Platforms:
•Xbox 360 Console

12/10/2012 1:35:35 PM PST:
Have you seen some problems with downloading the Crimson Map Pack for Halo 4? Are you a Season Pass Holder? If you answered yes to both of those questions, you don’t have to worry! We are continuing to work on fixing this problem and you can check on us here in 30 minutes. Thanks!

Maps downloaded. I have to say Harvest looks like it will be interesting to play on once I start into Matchmaking ... War Games ... what ever ...

Hit 48 last night. If I get enough time I should be able to crack 50 tonight and start on the specializations.

The only ones I'm interested in are Wetworks, Rogue, Pathfinder and, well thats really about it. Wetworks is the only one I'm interested in because of its abillity. Pathfinder and Rogue I'm interested in some of the armor pieces. Hopefully I can knock those out before the end of the year so I can still use x2 XP to knock them out quicker.

Beyond that I'll just click off the rest of them as I feel like it.

So untill then its off to maxamise my xp intake in S-Ops. Nothing better than getting 11900 a match!

Sorry I am not interrested. You could post that on waypoint.com and see if you get more results.

Here is the info I found the other day about Spartan ops being on hold until January. Along with a bunch of other stuff going on.

http://majornelson.com/2012/12/06/v...m-up-to-launch-the-halo-4-infinity-challenge/

It starts December 17th. Win an amazing Ford F-150 or a spot in a future Halo game.

Full details in the press release below.
Virgin Gaming, Xbox 360 and 343 Industries are joining forces to launch the “Halo 4 Infinity Challenge” on Xbox LIVE starting Dec. 17, bringing gamers the biggest and most accessible free-to-enter “Halo” tournament in the world.

Starting today, players can register for the “Halo 4 Infinity Challenge” by visiting www.halo4infinitychallenge.com (localized registration sites available on Dec. 12). Launching on Dec. 17, the free-to-enter tournament will track your personal score in War Games and the number of Spartan Ops chapters you complete on global leaderboards, giving players of different preferences and skill levels all a shot at the more than 2,800 prizes. For the War Games leaderboard winner, the grand prize will be a UNSC-themed, V8-powered 2013 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor truck designed by 343 Industries, and for the Spartan Ops winner, the grand prize will be an appearance in a future “Halo” game.

During the qualifier phase (Dec. 17 – Jan. 10), players will need to climb the ranks of the global leaderboards by competing in either the Spartan Ops or War Games leaderboard. After the qualifier phase, players will be tiered into three groups (based on their results on the qualifier phase leaderboards) and will enter the finals phase (Jan. 12 – Jan. 19). In addition, players can also participate in Weekly Challenges found on Halo Waypoint at http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/challenges for a chance to win great prizes.

During the finals, the leaderboards will reset and prizes will be awarded to the top performers in each tier. While terrific prizes are available within all three tiers, the grand prizes will be offered exclusively for those that have battled their way to the top tier.

For tournament and registration information, please visit: www.halo4infinitychallenge.com or http://www.halowaypoint.com/

“HALO 4” CRIMSON MAP PACK

Comprised of three brand new multiplayer maps (Wreckage, Harvest and Shatter), the “Halo 4” Crimson Map Pack will launch on Dec. 10 on Xbox LIVE for 800 MS points (or at no additional charge for those that purchased the “Halo 4” Map Pass or “Halo 4” Limited Edition).

Timed just before the launch of the “Halo 4 Infinity Challenge,” the new map pack gives players more reason than ever to stay online and prepare for the upcoming competition by exploring these stunning new battlegrounds.

SPARTAN OPS SEASON CONTINUES IN JANUARY

Clearing the way for the “Halo 4 Infinity Challenge” and the “Halo 4” Crimson Map Pack, Spartan Ops will go on a mid-season break starting Dec. 10. During the week of Dec. 10, 343 Industries will re-enter five chapters from the first half of the season into Matchmaking as a “Best of Spartan Ops” compilation. From Dec. 17 – Jan. 14, episodes 1-5 will be re-entered into Matchmaking (one episode per week) to support the “Halo 4 Infinity Challenge,” and allow anyone who missed or wants to replay a previous chapter to easily find teammates online. (Check out http://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/intel/spartanops for more information.)

The second half of Spartan Ops Season One will resume later in January with brand new episodes, chapters, locations and maps. Be sure to tune into the Spike TV 10th Annual Video Game Awards, live on Spike TV, Dec. 7 at 9:00 PM ET/6:00 PM PT for more information and an exclusive first-look at the continuation of Spartan Ops Season One. The Spike TV Video Game Awards will simulcast on MTV 2, MTV Tr3s, Xbox LIVE, spike.com and gametrailers.com.

Finally cracked the SR50 barrier last night and started working through Wetworks.

Its really the only specialization that I really wanted to work through for the specialization. The only other ones that I want to work through are Pathfinder, Rogue and Stalker ... and thats more of less for the armor pieces.

Everything else is kind of ... meh ... IMO.

Now I just have to convince the wife to stop interfearing with my gaming time with her Netflix obsession ...

An interesting heads up....

Screw-Up Allows Users to Download Halo 4 Crimson Pack DLC For Free

2rwuu88.jpg

MS spins Halo 4 Crimson Map Pack mix-up as a “thank-you” to customers

Screw Attack
When Microsoft was reporting the impending release of Halo 4, there were a number of promotional opportunities to suck gamers in. One was known as the “14 Day, Buy and Play” was a promo that offered gamers who played in the first two weeks, would get a code granting access to specific multiplayer specializations (kinda like Prestige, but not).

Now with the map pack releasing this week, a number of users are reporting they had that come with it! Microsoft officially acknowledges that it was a mistake, but would quickly work to spin the kerfuffle into something great. Now they’re “providing complimentary access to the Crimson Map Pack for a limited time, through Tuesday, December 18 at 9am UTC/GMT” to all the “14 Day, Buy and Play” users.

....and now.....
MS banning users from Halo 4 online over Halo 4 DLC debacle

Hopefully MS gets this sorted out with those who've been banned for their mistake, but we'll see.

For those that want to see their trueskill rank like in Halo 2 and Halo 3 click this.

http://www.halotracker.com/#

You do NOT need to login or register. In the center of the page put in your gamertag where it says "Search Gamertag". It also shows leaderboard ranks if you click "Leaderboards" at the top.

If you click "Gametype" it breaks down your true rank PER PLAYLIST.

Nice. I think I'll have to play more in the War Games section in order to get a better idea of how bad I really am.

By the way, where did you get your green visor Camaro?

I've been grinding S-Ops while I still have dbl-xp games available as it provides the best pay out.

I actually completed my first specialization late last night (Wetworks @ 3am ... derp!)
And now ma butt is dragging ...

Now I'm moving on to Pioneer. I probably should have done this one first ... but I wanted Wetworks Stealth mod and helmet. THe Skinned helmet looks pretty cool!

My green visor was for completing the master commedation for splatters. I just now finally unlocked it about a week ago and have been wearing it proudly. I have my characters colors set up with the bright green and dark brown to look like a mint chocolate. :lol:

I have completed several specializations. I really like using the Pathfinder with turrets. You can walk so much faster and the turret lasts a lot longer before overheating. I have been shredding people with that thing lately. Plus it also takes a lot longer to overheat if you are in the warthog or other vehicles.

The Operator is nice for making vehicles last much longer. I use the wheelman loadout when I am driving vehicles to keep them alive longer. Plus when they get an EMP blast it only lasts about 2 seconds.

Last edited:
My green visor was for completing the master commedation for splatters. I just now finally unlocked it about a week ago and have been wearing it proudly. I have my characters colors set up with the bright green and dark brown to look like a mint chocolate. :lol:

I have completed several specializations. I really like using the Pathfinder with turrets. You can walk so much faster and the turret lasts a lot longer before overheating. I have been shredding people with that thing lately. Plus it also takes a lot longer to overheat if you are in the warthog or other vehicles.

The Operator is nice for making vehicles last much longer. I use the wheelman loadout when I am driving vehicles to keep them alive longer. Plus when they get an EMP blast it only lasts about 2 seconds.

Splatters in Wargames or does SOps count?

It looks pretty sweet! Wonder how it would look with my colors?

Pathfinder was definetly on my list to get. I was actually going to do it next, but figured I would pound out Pathfinder to scoop up extra XP.

Did you see that you can get even more XP in SOps this week? They bumped up the difficulty to Legendary so you can get up to 75xx xp a match .... over 15xxx with the double xp games!

The splatters only count in war games. As for exp. I am in no hurry to level up. In fact I stayed at 80 for quite a while. In fact I threw away any exp codes I had from pre-order bonuses. Never used any of them.

I hit my 900th game of Halo 4 this weekend. I still have good and bad games but I have been loving this game. Campaign, Spartan Ops, and multiplayer are so much fun. I also have about 10 hours into an offroad forge map.

MS have fixed banning issue.

Forum Team Administrator
There was a situation yesterday (Sunday) in which less than 200 Halo 4 users were being incorrectly banned from accessing certain parts of the game (not banned from Xbox LIVE as a whole), and we have since resolved the issue. All players accounts impacted are working as normal.

Not that it matters, but I'm not believing that "less than 200" number at all, but it is what it is & the issue is fixed.

Sidenote: Great game!👍 My personal favorite Halo's in order.....

1. Halo: CE
2. Halo 4
3. Halo Reach
4. Halo 3
5. Halo 2

Haven't played ODST & Wars, they didn't grab my interest.

Last edited:
I just reached level 89 last night. Not sure what specialization I will go with next. Currently working on engineer.

My favorite Halos in order.

1. Halo 4
2. Halo 3
3. Halo Reach
4. Halo 2
5. Halo Wars
6. Halo CE
6. Halo ODST. Really did not like this game at all.

There is a new code out that will give you 20K exp for free. I believe if you search for Halo 4 Curious code you will find it.

Flipped around my armor a little bit last night.

fullbody

I love the Scout helmet and chest, but wanted to do something a little different for a while. And since I don't see a lot of Locus helmets when I play, I figured I would rock that for a while.

The layout and new color combo looks pretty sweet with the Noble skin DMR.

My favorite Halos in order:
1-Halo CE
2-Halo CE PC
3-Halo 3
4-Halo 2
5-Halo 3: ODST
6-Halo Reach
7-Halo 4

Haven't played Halo Wars.

But the more I play of Halo 4, the worse it gets 👎

1)Halo 3
2)Halo Reach
3)Halo ODST
4)Halo 2
5)Halo CE
6)Halo 4

Halo 4 just didn't grab my attention.

I like ODST a lot more when I realized what good of a story, then I liked it even more when I found it it's a playable version of the poem Dante's Inferno... Awesome!

My favorite Halos in order:
1-Halo 2
2-Halo 4
3-Halo 3
4-Halo Reach
5-Halo ODST

I really didn't like ODST campaign.

Bloodbath (2-8 players)

My friend and I created a custom map called "Bloodbath". It is in my file share and make sure you also download the Bloodbath variant. This is the very first time I have ever published any of my custom maps to the public in any Halo game. Took about 6-7 hours total between building and testing.

Its only for 2-8 players and your average life span might be about 10-15 seconds. lol Close quarters, random weapons at spawn, mines, death balls, holes in the floor, and an incineration cannon in the middle above another hole full of mines. Lots of assassinations and death. Very fast paced like an Unreal Tournament map. It also has a final kill cam if the last kill is not a suicide. Ordnance drops are available and create some interresting gameplay since they can spawn on top of the map or fall onto other players. Once in a while you will spawn on a "safe" platform that gives you a few seconds before entering the room. The ceiling and floor sheilds can be destroyed but respawn after about 1 second. You can use those to your advantage to kill other players or to access ordnance drops. Enjoy.

Corner view

opvkoy.jpg

Top View

2emogth.jpg

Entrance view

k3ptgj.jpg

Top view of mines and mine pit surrounding Incineration cannon

iopug5.jpg

Incineration cannon above mine pit

330r9yc.jpg

Bottom View

15n0v20.jpg

I also have an offroad map that took about 40 hours if anyone is interrested.

Last edited:
New updates. I am most excited about the "Forge Test" playlist. Its similar to the "Community Playlist" that was in Reach. I am going to try and enter "Bloodbath" into this playlist. Plus the new Spartan Ops missions are coming back. Looking forward to those.

Week of 1/21
Spartan Ops Episode 6: Five new missions and an accompanying new CG cinematic.
"Forge Test" playlist (name not final): A rotational hopper featuring small Forge maps such as Relay. Help us test these maps by providing feedback and reporting bugs that will assist us in getting them ready for Matchmaking!
Specializations: Pioneer and Pathfinder Specializations unlocked for all players.

Week of 1/28
Spartan Ops Episode 7: Five new missions and an accompanying new CG cinematic.
Grifball playlist: A rotational hopper featuring everybody’s favorite virtual sport. Catch the disease!
Specializations: Engineer and Stalker Specializations unlocked for all players.

Week of 2/4
Spartan Ops Episode 8: Five new missions and an accompanying new CG cinematic.
Team Doubles playlist: A rotational hopper for those of you that like action of the 2 vs 2 variety.
Specializations: Rogue and Tracker Specializations unlocked for all players.

Back