Has GT5 changed your view of some cars or brands ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter C5L
  • 114 comments
  • 7,573 views

C5L

Messages
10
Messages
DARTHCSL
It is as the title suggests,

has playing GT5 changed your view of some cars in the game, or even a brand for better or worse ?

I'll give you an example for me i was never really intrested in the Mazda brand or the whole rotary thing, i felt as though the Mx5 looked a bit girly and rx7 was well abit Fast and Furious.

But after playing with the Mx5 mk1, RX7 and 787b my view has changed alot (all cars were stock btw).

I feel as though the MX-5 is a very tidy handling car and pretty agile considering its cost. The RX-7 hardly understeers and goes quite well too. The 787b just sounds like a beast and turns like its on rails.

I know it is a game but by judging against the other cars in the game which i have driven in real life (ie GTI mk5, Audi TTS, BMw M3 etc), i would now considering buying a Mx-5 or RX-7 for the summer or 2nd car ( after test driving it ofcourse).

thats just to get the topic started, so tell me fellow GT5'ers has GT5 changed your views of some cars or brands ?
 
Yup. Don't buy a lamborghini because you'll spin out and die on every corner.
 
I gotta be honest, I have totally changed my views on most cars.. It's hilarious actually because it's just a game. but damn.
 
Yeah... I hate Yaris and Vitz right now...
 
I actually became impressed with the lambos after playing gt5, particularly after license test and the night special event.
 
It definitely changed my view on NASCAR. 800 hp, 3,400 lbs, try that round the 'Ring with no assists at all.
 
Yeah... I hate Yaris and Vitz right now...

GT3 already did that for me and I still hate them now.

And I also have a new found hate for the Prius. That car is an abomanation.
 
It's not changed my views, just reinforced them.
 
GT5 didn't but I experienced the feeling with GT1 ;)
 
Yeah, I now hate Mazda, Nissan, and Toyota with a 🤬 passion. Not because all their cars suck, but because they are all shoved down my throat constantly.
 
jaycee_xr3
Yeah... I hate Yaris and Vitz right now...

This!!!

Also:
-NASCARs are definitely a bit more interesting.

-Supercars need downforce

-Aston Martins are too slow, soft, and heavy

Skyline's are the most abundant element in the universe
 
Last edited:
C5L
After playing with the Mx5 mk1, RX7 and 787b my view has changed alot (all cars were stock btw).

I feel as though the MX-5 is a very tidy handling car and pretty agile considering its cost. The RX-7 hardly understeers and goes quite well too. The 787b just sounds like a beast and turns like its on rails.

I know it is a game but by judging against the other cars in the game which i have driven in real life (ie GTI mk5, Audi TTS, BMw M3 etc), i would now considering buying a Mx-5 or RX-7 for the summer or 2nd car ( after test driving it ofcourse).

thats just to get the topic started, so tell me fellow GT5'ers has GT5 changed your views of some cars or brands ?

My view of Mazda just got better after driving their vehicles in GT5. I am a Mazda fun you see...

One car I am very badly surprised of its handling is Enzo and secondly Gallardo. In both of them it must be a mistake in data which resulted in wrong handling. I hope PD fix it soon.
 
race'emhard
It definitely changed my view on NASCAR. 800 hp, 3,400 lbs, try that round the 'Ring with no assists at all.

This is why NASCAR only has tracks with consecutive left turns....

Anyways, I love Mercedes even more while the GT-R has become my favorite car.
 
GT5 completely ruined me on the cars I dreamed about as a kid cough:countach:cough
 
I certainly have new-found respect for Mitsubishi and the F40 (always though it was ****), so yeah, a bit.
 
C5L
It is as the title suggests,

has playing GT5 changed your view of some cars in the game, or even a brand for better or worse ?

I'll give you an example for me i was never really intrested in the Mazda brand or the whole rotary thing, i felt as though the Mx5 looked a bit girly and rx7 was well abit Fast and Furious.

But after playing with the Mx5 mk1, RX7 and 787b my view has changed alot (all cars were stock btw).

I feel as though the MX-5 is a very tidy handling car and pretty agile considering its cost. The RX-7 hardly understeers and goes quite well too. The 787b just sounds like a beast and turns like its on rails.

I know it is a game but by judging against the other cars in the game which i have driven in real life (ie GTI mk5, Audi TTS, BMw M3 etc), i would now considering buying a Mx-5 or RX-7 for the summer or 2nd car ( after test driving it ofcourse).

thats just to get the topic started, so tell me fellow GT5'ers has GT5 changed your views of some cars or brands ?

You should try the RX-8. It's like an RX-7 on steroids.
 
This is why NASCAR only has tracks with consecutive left turns....

Anyways, I love Mercedes even more while the GT-R has become my favorite car.

Untrue. See: Watkins Glenn

I was never a huge NASCAR fan, and to be honest, I'm still not, but I have to admit, those cars are fun to drive.

And, GT5 has made me fall even deeper in love with Corvettes. All of them, ZR1, Z06, Grand Sport, etc...
 
It hasn't changed my view on much, but I hate NASCAR even more now. :yuck:
 
This is why NASCAR only has tracks with consecutive left turns....

Anyways, I love Mercedes even more while the GT-R has become my favorite car.

lol love it on eric bana's love the beast where they are larking about on an ATV doing their own mini nascar with pacenotes

LEFT!!!!

STRAIGHT ON!!!!

LEFT!!!!

STRAIGHT ON!!!!

LEFT!!!!

STRAIGHT ON!!!!

LEFT!!!!

STRAIGHT ON!!!!

LEFT!!!!

STRAIGHT ON!!!!

GT5 didnt really change my views on cars, but GT1 did back in 98, when i was 13 and the internet still wasnt too big of a thing, the skyline was a new discovery, and we all know how thats gone through the ages of gran turismo, now their halo car.

There is a brand that comes to mind to do with GT5 that i have changed my view on....
 
Last edited:
Seriously..... this game for realism is terrible, many of the cars are massively unstable compared to real life. How on earth you can base an opinion on a game that is very inaccurate is beyond me.


You should try the RX-8. It's like an RX-7 on steroids.

:dunce: Having owned the 7 in my younger years and the wife had an 8 a couple years ago, you are the furthest from the truth. The 8 is a wet blanket compared to the 7.

Oh, NASCAR.... drivel, handling, none. Around in circles....bore off!!
 
go4gold
lol love it on eric bana's love the beast where they are larking about on an ATV doing their own mini nascar with pacenotes

LEFT!!!!

STRAIGHT ON!!!!

LEFT!!!!

STRAIGHT ON!!!!

LEFT!!!!

STRAIGHT ON!!!!

LEFT!!!!

STRAIGHT ON!!!!

LEFT!!!!

STRAIGHT ON!!!!

GT5 didnt really change my views on cars, but GT1 did back in 98, when i was 13 and the internet still wasnt too big of a thing, the skyline was a new discovery, and we all know how thats gone through the ages of gran turismo, now their halo car.

There is a brand that comes to mind to do with GT5 that i have changed my view on....

That is hilarious. Is that on YouTube?
 
deftonesmx17
yeah, i now hate mazda, nissan, and toyota with a 🤬 Passion. Not because all their cars suck, but because they are all shoved down my throat constantly.

+1!
 
Driving the F40 in GT5 pushed it to the top of my list in terms of favourite Ferraris and I just love it. It looks good it goes fast and it's a... well let's just say it's a 'challenge' to drive. But I love it.
 
You should try the RX-8. It's like an RX-7 on steroids.

You are quite literally the only person I've ever heard say that. If you've driven both and still think that, fair enough though.

The massive amounts of Japanese cars has sorta forced me into trying some cars I hadn't used in other games, so I guess so.
 
You are quite literally the only person I've ever heard say that. If you've driven both and still think that, fair enough though.

The massive amounts of Japanese cars has sorta forced me into trying some cars I hadn't used in other games, so I guess so.

I should've said fully tuned. It's a 577hp 10k RPM beast.
 
that racecars from the 70s can compete with modern day race cars. A 70s chaparall or toyota race car can keep up with todays modern GT cars. lmao
 
GT1 introduced me to the skyline, lancer, and impreza.

I have crazy respect for 4WD cars
 
Must admit the game put me off the Gallardo. Also after some of the license test the Renault Megane is none too impressive, I won't even mention the Elise at the Top Gear test track! Before anyone says anything, I know it is down to tyre choice in the game, but it still has an effect.

My thoughts on the original Golf GTi took a major hit when I upgraded it, Way too much understeer, The Volvo C30 with twice the power upgraded went round corners as well as it did stock, so some of the FF cars are fine.
 
Back