Has GT5 changed your view of some cars or brands ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter C5L
  • 114 comments
  • 7,574 views
I feel the need to allow those who have yet to notice, but Kaz put a 2003 Honda Odyssey into the game. How many racing games have minivans in them? The sad thing is that this isn't the first time.
 
I feel the need to allow those who have yet to notice, but Kaz put a 2003 Honda Odyssey into the game. How many racing games have minivans in them? The sad thing is that this isn't the first time.

Take that back! The Odyssey is my best rally van.
 
Exactly what I mean. We can't have '69 Judge, but, we can have a Honda minivan. WTH?!
 
GT2 had and always will have the best variety of the series.

imo, GT6 should start with GT2's line-up as a base and build on it.
 
slackboy72
One thing you should have learned by now is that most american cars are crap.

That is so patently false I assume it's a joke.

Otherwise you are a jerk bigot.

I hope you are getting your car education from somewhere other than video games. Surf over to google and research a little about American motorsport.
 
One thing you should have learned by now is that most american cars are crap.

It all depends how you define 'crap' or how you determine a 'good' car. If a good or great car is fast, handles well and looks good, then every nation is capable of, and has historically created, a number of them. Conversely, every nation is also capable of creating crap cars and it could be said that the majority of cars created worldwide are quite dull.

Some nations have historically produced more good cars than others, but as a Brit with a passion for many cars from around the world, I think it's unfair to single out the US in this way. I own an American car, a Japanese car and, up until recently, an Italian car as well, all of which I liked for different reasons.

I like to appreciate cars for what they are - vive la différence!

In answer to the OP - Not really, but there have been some pleasant surprises. :)
 
One thing you should have learned by now is that most american cars are crap.

which is why Chevrolet makes a world-competing sports car with a fraction of the cost?

even if the Corvette isn't the fastest car ever made, there aren't many cars that run with it for the same price.
 
Wow, a slackboy72 quote hat-trick! :lol:
 
which is why Chevrolet makes a world-competing sports car with a fraction of the cost?

even if the Corvette isn't the fastest car ever made, there aren't many cars that run with it for the same price.
👍
If I recall it set a Nurburgring Time that was less than 1 second off of the Enzo.
 
I gotta be honest, I have totally changed my views on most cars.. It's hilarious actually because it's just a game. but damn.

I agree, before GT5 came out I didn't even care about an Impreza or EVO, now I see one in person and say " damn that's clean looking".

After the first month I swear I drove my real car different, coming in hot to corners, pretty funny.
 
It definitely changed my view on NASCAR. 800 hp, 3,400 lbs, try that round the 'Ring with no assists at all.

Why would anyone wanna drive on Cape Ring with a Nascar?
If you mean Nürburgring that is easy, golded the Nascar event on my third try.

I have changed my view on cars since I started playing GT5.
I now hate Alfa Crapero more than before.
Cadillac cars are uglier than ever.
I now hate Veyron more than before.
I know that the older Micra is in fact a March #1.
There are no Supra Mk.XX series.
Nissan Z series had more ugly cars than I ever wanted to know.
People have ugly taste in car colors that they show online since they are to embarrassed to use yellow rims in real life on a lime green ricer, even though the person is an American.
 
I agree, before GT5 came out I didn't even care about an Impreza or EVO, now I see one in person and say " damn that's clean looking".

After the first month I swear I drove my real car different, coming in hot to corners, pretty funny.

The GT series actually had a pretty big hand in increasing awareness among American car enthusiasts about the WRX, Evo and Skyline. It may be a bit of an exaggeration to say the game is why they're sold here today, but it did have a role in it.
 
My view of the DB9 has changed massively, not really the driving pleasure I expected.
Too heavy and understeery.
 
Yes, if I ever see Jay Leno, I'm gonna' kick him in the nards and have that f'n tank car crushed for repeatedly invading our game, who made that freakin' deal?! Another note, I really like Nissan cars (Datsun back in my youth) and I think their design and styling is some of the best that has come out of Japan BUT come on...hundreds of variations of the same car over and over. Jeez Louise....
 
saying that i can see you dont know what you are talking about!:yuck:

LOL, at you my small minded friend.Do you think motor sport hinges on the US...? Wake up and take a look at the rest of the worlds motor sport, such variety, lots more corners.

Again, Nascar..... nah rather watch paint dry.
 
GT5 , well from GT2 onwards keeps proving in my own mind Toyota were insanely stupid stopping the GT-One ( TS020) from further racing. The car is really beautiful IMO and so insanely quick it makes me tingle in my trouser department.

I have a new found respect towards NASCAR as a form of motorsport.

Finally bar the Nissan LM cars I have an even greater love for the more modern LM cars.

The GT40 still looks awsome in the Gulf colours. ( just to stir it up both the GT and GT40 are really more British than American hehe )
 
Yes how crap a mclaren mp4 drives compared to an sls and 458. It's a handful and not very nice. And I was surprised as to how well the f1 aero are.
 
Yes, it made me dislike the Ferrari Enzo and made me hate electric cars even more.
 
I gotta agree...
I used to love the Shelby Cobra, but man thats a 🤬 to drive...
At the same time, driving brands like Ferrari, Mercedes & BMW has giving me a new appreciation...
i know we are flooded with Skylines, but they are great to drive 👍
 
I have always had a dislike towards everything Ferrari, now it's everything Ferrari except the actual car.
 
I have always had a dislike towards everything Ferrari, now it's everything Ferrari except the actual car.

👍
Love driving the Italia... But im with you on the brand
 
Yes it has change my view of the brand PD for the worst... I really used to like PD a lot... and Sony also...
 
I have to agree with the Gallardo comments. Test 10 for the International A license was a royal pain the rear. I gave up on it after days of trying and crashing. I'm going to assume that some of the updates addressed the AI and what was considered a collision. I didn't try the license again until recently after I bought a Ferrari F2007 and was rocketing around for a while. When I went back to try the testing, it was as though everything was in slow motion and the rest of the tests were a piece of cake.

As for what cars have changed my view, I will say the Nascar vehicles are monsters. I lost a little faith in BMW after tuning an M5. It couldn't turn and with the extra power, it rolled on me many times. I expected a more stable car out of BMW. The Veyron seems to be slow out of the gate, which was unexpected.

In games past, I found respect for anybody capable of driving a Shelby Cobra and the Dodge Viper.

the M5 weighs around 1800 kg. so what did you expect? lotus elise handling with a fully equipped, luxury sedan. come on.
that´s the problem with most of todays cars. they are to heavy. but it looks like that´s what most people want.
take a look at modern cars, they have one engine for driving them but a zillion of electrical motors for every single thing you can easily do by hand. i mean how hard can it be to close the trunk by yourself, or adjust your seat, or close the door properly, like we did for hundred years. but that´s a different story.
the M5 is a huge car and it´s not made for the track. if you want something for the track take the M3 (which by the way is also quite heavy IMHO) and if you want something fast for the autobahn, something which is also capable of carrying 5 people and a lot of luggage for your holidays, take the M5.

but maybe that´s just my point of view and i´m totally wrong...
and don´t get me wrong, i love BMW.
 
that´s the problem with most of todays cars. they are to heavy. but it looks like that´s what most people want.

Today's heavy cars still do not even come close the weight of yesterdays cars.
1800kg is about what a fiberglass C3 Stingray from the late 60's and early 70's was. Not to mention that a modern M5 actually has more horsepower than a C3 Vette as well.
 
Today's heavy cars still do not even come close the weight of yesterdays cars.
1800kg is about what a fiberglass C3 Stingray from the late 60's and early 70's was. Not to mention that a modern M5 actually has more horsepower than a C3 Vette as well.

how about the golf gti mk1 compared to the golf gti mk6...
mk1 = 810kg
mk6 = 1393kg

but as i said maybe it´s just my point of view and i´m totally wrong...
 
Enzos have serious understeer, don't try and race 1 in real life.
 
I really enjoy driving Shelby Cobra, great car to drive.
 
Back