Has GT5 changed your view of some cars or brands ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter C5L
  • 114 comments
  • 7,572 views
I used to think the VW bus was a funny goofy scooby doo vehicle. Now because of GT5 I hate it. They should all be ripped apart and turned into campers.
 
I was driving a Prius the other day on Monza. I came to the first chicane and it just kept going as if the pedal was stuck. I gotta say, this game is pretty realistic.
 
that racecars from the 70s can compete with modern day race cars. A 70s chaparall or toyota race car can keep up with todays modern GT cars. lmao

Not so funny or implausable because they raced to totally different regulations back then. The J2 has 700bhp and an implausible amount of downforce - it would hold its own quite nicely against more modern cars that have to adhere to much stricter regulations.
 
that racecars from the 70s can compete with modern day race cars. A 70s chaparall or toyota race car can keep up with todays modern GT cars. lmao

That's because those cars didn't have the kinds of restrictions and safety requirements that modern race cars do. The Chaparall, for instance, was built for the CanAm tournament which had no restrictions whatsoever (and also resulted in the ~1500 hp, ~600 kg Porsche 917/30). If such a race were held today, the machines that competed in it would perform closer to the Red Bull X1 than to current F1 cars.
 
Yeah, I used to be a Lotus Elise nut. I still love the car, but damn are those things tail happy. Even the RM'd '04 with proper tires is nearly impossible to keep out of the grass.

On the other hand, I used to think Impreza's were slow and dopey, but the '05 RM is a god amongst boys. That car can have my babies.
 
Yes,

I was never a Mercedes fan, but after completing the AMG Driving School and buying all GT5's Mercedes, I'm just in love for then! Specially the SLS AMG... my new dream car!
 
Yes. Only one.

Had we met on better terms, I probably would have thought it was pretty neat, but the Red Bull X2010 can go straight to hell.
 
Yea after playing GT5 Audi is my fav car maker im a level 27 A-spec and the Audi R8 V10 is my favorite car of all time now
 
I have to agree with the Gallardo comments. Test 10 for the International A license was a royal pain the rear. I gave up on it after days of trying and crashing. I'm going to assume that some of the updates addressed the AI and what was considered a collision. I didn't try the license again until recently after I bought a Ferrari F2007 and was rocketing around for a while. When I went back to try the testing, it was as though everything was in slow motion and the rest of the tests were a piece of cake.

As for what cars have changed my view, I will say the Nascar vehicles are monsters. I lost a little faith in BMW after tuning an M5. It couldn't turn and with the extra power, it rolled on me many times. I expected a more stable car out of BMW. The Veyron seems to be slow out of the gate, which was unexpected.

In games past, I found respect for anybody capable of driving a Shelby Cobra and the Dodge Viper.
 
It definitely changed my view on NASCAR. 800 hp, 3,400 lbs, try that round the 'Ring with no assists at all.

i played with no assist (since lvl 3) im used to it its wierd with the assist on ....:scared:
 
Yes. Only one.

Had we met on better terms, I probably would have thought it was pretty neat, but the Red Bull X2010 can go straight to hell.

This reminds me of the old South Park line.

"You go to hell, you go to hell and you die!"

But yeah the X2010. :crazy:
 
It didn't change my view much about cars as I played GT since the 1st edition.

But It seriously change my view of my beated up Camry the next morning after I received the game.....

My internal dialogue:

oh the suspension is too soft...oh it's so slow....how come I lost so much momentum after a corner....OMG cars are passing me!!!
 
What gripes my arse is, WTH is with every rinky dink piss ant of a Japanese car being in the game, meanwhile American cars get short shrift. For evidence just look at the museum cars. I think every Japanese brand is represented, then look at American, not even Chevrolet? Are you kidding me? No Pontiac, Plymouth, Olds? I think the European cars are about the most fairly represented of the bunch, not many toasters on wheels like the Japanese cars.

I realize American cars are not known for Euro-Asian style racing, but come on. How about some SCCA cars, like the AAR Cuda. Most, if not all, American Manufacturers were represented in SCAA.

When I'm hosting remote B-Spec races, I love watching 'Maro's and Stangs, and Cuda's. I could come up with quite the list of American cars that are much more deserving of being in this game than some '62 blender on wheels that is barely faster than a soap box derby car. Which would be ok if there were just a few, but the game is littered with them. Heck, sometimes I open up the UDC and all there is is Japanese cars!

Don't get me wrong, every car I've owned for the last 20 years has been Japanese, so, I'm not import bashing, but the bias here is ridiculous. It's like you get in this game and wonder if America EVER produced anything worth having. Well, just turn the channel to one of those big auctions and see what a '70 Hemi Cuda goes for. Put it this way, in restored condition, a quarter mil is a bargain. Put that in your '68 Isuzu econo-box and smoke it.

Rant is over. You're regularly scheduled discussion now resumes.
 
Things that I've learned from GT5:
- Chapparal are the biggest trolls in automotive industry
- Ferrari Enzo is way too overrated car (I've really expected much more from it)
- Bugatti Veyron is insanely overrated and overpriced car (W16 brick)
- Corvette ZR1 is the fastest USA production car (I've always thought Ford GT was the fastest USA car)
- Nissan GTR is the biggest bang for your buck car
- Red Bull racing team are now serious, they came a long way since I've last heard of them (a long time ago)
 
What gripes my arse is, WTH is with every rinky dink piss ant of a Japanese car being in the game, meanwhile American cars get short shrift. For evidence just look at the museum cars. I think every Japanese brand is represented, then look at American, not even Chevrolet? Are you kidding me? No Pontiac, Plymouth, Olds? I think the European cars are about the most fairly represented of the bunch, not many toasters on wheels like the Japanese cars.

I realize American cars are not known for Euro-Asian style racing, but come on. How about some SCCA cars, like the AAR Cuda. Most, if not all, American Manufacturers were represented in SCAA.

When I'm hosting remote B-Spec races, I love watching 'Maro's and Stangs, and Cuda's. I could come up with quite the list of American cars that are much more deserving of being in this game than some '62 blender on wheels that is barely faster than a soap box derby car. Which would be ok if there were just a few, but the game is littered with them. Heck, sometimes I open up the UDC and all there is is Japanese cars!

Don't get me wrong, every car I've owned for the last 20 years has been Japanese, so, I'm not import bashing, but the bias here is ridiculous. It's like you get in this game and wonder if America EVER produced anything worth having. Well, just turn the channel to one of those big auctions and see what a '70 Hemi Cuda goes for. Put it this way, in restored condition, a quarter mil is a bargain. Put that in your '68 Isuzu econo-box and smoke it.

Rant is over. You're regularly scheduled discussion now resumes.

One thing you should have learned by now is that most american cars are crap.
 
Yeah, never realised you could pump out 212BHP from a Sambabus without severely changing the body shape, and manage to outmanuever more powerful cars. Also never knew it only took 22 minutes to completely drain the battery on an i-MiEV. Also never knew driving a German WWII military vehicle was so much darn fun!
 
I learned I hate the VW microbus and Lotus Elise. I have since made my peace with the VW, but anyone associated with putting comfort tires on a lotus should die, be beaten, and then shot.
 
I have since made my peace with the VW,

I find this funny...hippie van...making peace :D

What GT5 has taught me is that the dealer can really jack up the price of exotics without you noticing.

I checked prices on the ZR1- yeah, it's near the lower end of 100K, not the higher end.
 
Yes. Only one.

Had we met on better terms, I probably would have thought it was pretty neat, but the Red Bull X2010 can go straight to hell.

At least the X2010 would be quick about it.
The Prius, iMiev, Yaris, and all the other city cars are even worse than I thought.
I knew they were slow, but GT5 showed me just how slow.
 
At least the X2010 would be quick about it.
The Prius, iMiev, Yaris, and all the other city cars are even worse than I thought.
I knew they were slow, but GT5 showed me just how slow.

Grab an iMiev, throw everything you have into it, soften the suspension to its softest, most mushiest state, and drive on a karting track. It'll feel fast, my friend.
 
One thing you should have learned by now is that most american cars are crap.

*sigh* The ignorance of some of the unintelligent people on this forum astounds me.

Mustangs, Camaros, Chargers, Cudas, Chaparrals (Yeah, those Chaparrals. The ones that will wipe the floor with nearly any modern road car), Ford GT's, Corvettes, GTO's, El Caminos, Daytonas, Cobras (It's American, the body is British but the suspension and drivetrain is american), Firebird, CTS-V, Viper, etc.

The export rates of American cars to Japan is historically very low, that's why PD doesn't include many of them. Without ever getting to see a GTO thundering down Tokyo, Kaz probably doesn't understand the muscle car in any way at all.

Still doesn't make it right. :grumpy:
 
What you have to understand is that everyone from Australia rides Kangaroos. :dunce:

LOL

I have found that NASCARs are fun to drive. I actually have improved my driving skills after taking it to the ring from one of the first seasonal events.
 
One thing you should have learned by now is that most american cars are crap.

Even if I agreed with you, there are many American cars not in GT5 that are worlds better than much of the rubbish Japanese and some European cars included in this game. For example, would I rather drive a Kubelwagen or VW Van, (VW van, really?) or a Pontiac GTO Judge.............hmmmm, let me see, I guess you'd rather drive the van, more power to ya.
 
What you have to understand is that everyone from Australia rides Kangaroos. :dunce:

I'm not sure what you mean. Perhaps you could clarify, while I get these unsavory images out of my head.:yuck:
 
You should try the RX-8. It's like an RX-7 on steroids.

You're joking right?! RX-8 can't hold a candle to the RX-7. You'd have to invest as much as the cost of car to make it feel like a real sports car.
 
I'm not sure what you mean. Perhaps you could clarify, while I get these unsavory images out of my head.:yuck:

He's making a joke on the ignorance of the original "most american cars are crap" statement.
 
Back