Has GT5 changed your view of some cars or brands ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter C5L
  • 114 comments
  • 7,573 views
how about the golf gti mk1 compared to the golf gti mk6...
mk1 = 810kg
mk6 = 1393kg

but as i said maybe it´s just my point of view and i´m totally wrong...

The American Golf mk1 weighed in at 1750kg.
The difference between an american model and the European model are not that large today as they were back then. You'll see, the Mk6 weighs roughly the same in both markets.
 
I now have a love for all things lotus. I hate the enzo with a passion now.
 
deftonesmx17
The American Golf mk1 weighed in at 1750kg.
The difference between an american model and the European model are not that large today as they were back then. You'll see, the Mk6 weighs roughly the same in both markets.

Sorry but you are wrong. It weighed 1750 lb which is about 800 kg.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Golf_Mk1

but we are getting off topic here.
sorry for that.
 
I'm surprised how many uninformed replies this generated. I honestly expected better.

Also which cars you hate and or love speaks clearly to ones skill and or should I say finesse in playing the game and most likely as a driver as well.

Considering I can count the number of people I've known in my life on one hand that I would trust to race competitively next to on a track (that includes many racing at an amateur level) I can honestly say that I don't set the bar very high for the average motorist. I set it even lower coming from people who claim to be gods gift to racing and know all about "tuning".

Can't tell you how many people who race every weekend who haven't a clue what is really happening when they go out on the track. It's disheartening and part of the reason I've given up on the "scene" and or amateur motorsport in general.

At the end of the day GT5 is a game and it gets some things dead on (the miata, wow) and others you can tell they had to guess a little (or a lot).

I'd take more stock in the barely informed hyperbole of Top Gear commentary than I would the estimations of a video game developer any day.
 
Now to post something on topic...

Rx8 vs Rx7, I own the former and have driven a couple different FD's and a modified Turbo II... all good cars, the RX7 had the best out of the box experience by far as a track car with no real comparison.

The new Rx8 chassis platform is more rigid and has better suspension geometry and if set up for track use is very competitive but of course lacks in power department.


The Elise I think they got that bang on also. Driven in one (shotgun) in real life and they are a handful and require and reward absolute concentration and finesse.

The m5's suspension is set up with a lot of understeer stock in game. I've not driven one but I've been on the track with them and when prepped correctly or tweaked very slightly they perform very very well for a car their size. They are a heavy car though.

Another thing I've noticed is that every car is set up with a huge amount of toe in on the rear wheels. To get the cars to handle closer to how they would in real life you need to eliminate most if not all toe in on the rear and even use sometimes slight toe out on the front.

Even though the stock settings don't say there is toe in you can feel it in the way the higher power cars don't want to rotate.
 
I'm a loyal GM customer, but if I ever had to buy a Japanese car....I'd want it to be an Acura NSX.
 
I already thought anything Nascar was boring, now I know the cars are also rubbish to drive. Both the sports and the cars lack any sort of refinement and class and should have stayed where they belong: somewhere in the last century *yuck*

I have found new appreciation for BMW.. if the game is representative then the handling is indeed as excellent as people claim.

Also, GT5 has caused me to get a serious dislike for Lotus cars. Sorry, in this day and age a brake-pedal should not be a suicide-button. I expect higher standards from cars coming from Europe.

The game has again confirmed my belief that American cars and twisty roads don't go well together.

I have found a strange liking for Mazdas. Especially the RX7 somehow clicked with me even though its looks are a bit too Vin Diesel for me. But the whole Wankel-engine concept and sound appeal to me if I don't have to pay for the gas.

Same thing with the NSX. Didn't particularly like it in previous GTs, but forced myself to take it out for some undurances in GT5 and fell in love with it.

Most of all I have learned to appreciate cars as they come. In 99% of the cases touching them and bolting all sorts of silly accessories onto them ruins the car completely. So in a way my disdain for the tuning community is now even stronger than before. Want a faster car? Save up for a faster car and don't try to turn your ricer into something it isn't. And.. oh yeah: a carbon bonnet kills any style your car may have had in the first place.
 
Yes, really really dislike electric cars more than before. And there is the deeper dislike for mercedes and BMW(big money waste), TVR(total vomit ride), and of course deepened my dislike for Mopar(my old pig ain't running) and Ford(f.....g over rated disaster)!👎
 
Also, GT5 has caused me to get a serious dislike for Lotus cars. Sorry, in this day and age a brake-pedal should not be a suicide-button..




GT5 + Lotus Elise + Comfort Hards tyres + Special event around Top Gear Test Track with rubbish AI is not equal to a Real Lotus from the Real World.
 
I never used to be interested in Lexus, until I drove the LFA and the IS-F RM:D
 
- Mazda ++++
- BMW +++
- Ferrari +++
- Mercedes-Benz ++
- No mather how your car look it must handle good :) So old stock muscle cars are crap that can't turn and they have massive horsepower and almost none of them reach 200 km/h on straight (fast accelerate tho.)

My tuned Charger Hemi Bee with it's almost 800hp is undrivable on other tires than racing and it can skid till 250 km/h with ease. Fun car but it can't race.

- Honda proved that slow speed != no fun. All vtec madness is pure joy to drive :)

- Mclaren ++++++++++++

F1 after all those years is still ultimate racing maschine and only a few cars come close to it's performance and the most important thing PURE JOY of racing/driving.
Exelent sitting position with clear wide view.

And the fun part is that car has 3 seats and more space for luggage than any super sport car. With almost no electronic inside with all those horse power it is easier to drive than most modern supercars.

- Cars from UK are the most diverse cars i have ever seen. I mean as a whole cars subject.

TVR,Aston Martin,Catharam, Jaguar, Lotus, AC, Rolls-Royce All those cars can't be easly categorized as euro cars that peguot,renualt,bmw,volkswagen,mercedes represents.
 
Yes.

Lamborghinis - THEY CAN'T TURN FOR -censored!-!

Dodge Viper - Being an American sports car, I would've expected that tail to whip around the corner like an SLS AMG. What I got was surprising. I was struggling with understeer in Nurburgring GP/D.
 
Skyline from GT1 days smashed the screens. Still hate American cars and you can add a Prius to that list. Any S2000 will do at the moment! fun little pocket rockets
 
It has made me love lambos and start collecting diecasts (very expensive ones MRs). Now I have a Murcielago SV and a Gallardo. Saving money for my Revention.
 
Yeah, I now hate Mazda, Nissan, and Toyota with a 🤬 passion. Not because all their cars suck, but because they are all shoved down my throat constantly.

This. Used to like Japanese cars but GT5 sure took care of that. I despise all of them now. After thousands of Skylines, S2000's, MX-5's, and Civics even a Volvo 240 GLT Estate in mint green metallic seems like a great car now. :yuck:
 
I must admit that I never really got the urge to use Nissan's that much but since GT5 I absolutely adore the 350Z and 370Z. The stock production cars are a lot of fun but the Gran Turismo 350Z RS is a remarkable drive.

For me it's one of the most enjoyable and alive cars in the whole list. Pure joy.
 
It's made me hate the Ferrari F430.
 
There are so many Nissan's in GT5. It made me realize how many good cars they've made though.
 
The McLaren MP4 is a handful, the Italia is amazing, the SLS is very good but geared more for fun (powerslides and sound!!),

The C63 is bloody fast though can't handle as good as the M3 in corners but will slingshot past it on straights and sounds amazing too!

The Nissan GTR is downright brutal - it's like playing a videogame.....wait... :-)) It's just so easy to drive very, very fast!

The Veyron is too fast for it's own good that if you take it to a race with a ton of corners, it will be beaten by much less powerful cars but show it a straight and everyone else better pack their bags and just go home because they will never make back the time they lose on the long straights.

Plus a lot more. This is what I really love about GT5...being able to drive cars and get a good feeling for what the real car must be like. :-)
 
I already thought anything Nascar was boring, now I know the cars are also rubbish to drive. Both the sports and the cars lack any sort of refinement and class and should have stayed where they belong: somewhere in the last century *yuck*

thats actually the point of nascar, its all about the driver, the cars are 98% the same to each other.
 
Untrue. See: Watkins Glenn

I was never a huge NASCAR fan, and to be honest, I'm still not, but I have to admit, those cars are fun to drive.

And, GT5 has made me fall even deeper in love with Corvettes. All of them, ZR1, Z06, Grand Sport, etc...

Nascar races on several road courses

Watkins Glen in NY.

Sear point in CA.

They raced in Mexico a few years back

10 years ago they ran exhibition races in Motegi Japan.

they are meant for ovals, but can be setup pretty nicely for road courses.
 
That is hilarious. Is that on YouTube?

i cant find it on youtube, the youtube police are pretty strict nowadays arent they, its a dead cheap documentary/film and id recommend it to anyone who loves their cars and its brilliant
 
The Yaris challenge was incredibly awesome! If I were rich enough, I'd buy a Yaris for some club races.

The biggest change has to be my sudden taste for fat sedans or heavier grand tourers. Rather than go for the ultra-over powered likes of the ZR1 (which I thought would be my weapon of choice) and the Viper SRT-10 Coupe... I've learned more towards a company which I didn't think too much of... Mercedes Benz. The E55 AMG, SL600, CLK 55 AMG, and CL600 have been my favorites as of late.

I've also been collecting BMWs, Audis, and Jaguars... so weird for me. Something about seeing those fatties run quicker laps than some of the would-be-quicker opposition makes them purely addicting.
 
Back