Hashiriya (Volume 4): Final Chapter & Epilogue Posted! (31/7/11)

• Thread starter DK
  • 293 comments
Hiring for upcoming chapter!

What car do I need?
I only need one other player for this scene. You need to have a 2007 BMW M3 from the Premium Dealership.

What colour should it be?
Any colour which is available as standard from the dealership.

What time do I show up at?
7pm BST (GMT/UTC +1) on Monday the 18th of July, in my Lounge. You'll need to add the PSN user name driftking18594 to your friends list if you haven't already done so.

I am the one to participate!

*Update - Sorry, I can't. It's 2 am for me and it's a school night.
*Update 2 - DK has accepted to do it soon... :)

Last edited:
Can I join? And will I be playing as an insufferable g*t who likes to ram people? If so, I'm sooo in!!! (for obvious reasons :mischievous:) If not……well, I'll still join. But I don't know what GMT +1 means for me……I think I'm GMT +8, so what time is that for me?? :confused:

I only need 1 person, and ZacharySim has already volunteered.

BTW, does Hong Kong use daylight savings?

I only need 1 person, and ZacharySim has already volunteered.

BTW, does Hong Kong use daylight savings?
I don't know……but I don't think so…
but DAMN!! I wanted to get payback after you damn near rammed me off the track -.- :( :grumpy: Can I just watch?

Chapter 20: Final Exam​

Keiko exhaled deeply.
"You may have never guessed it...but for a while...I was in Team Nightshade."
"Whoa...you...in Team Nightshade?!"
"That was during my 'bitch' phase. I fitted in well in that old persona."
"What made you leave?"
"Irreconcilable differences. I had walked into a team undergoing a schism."
"Between who?"
"There were two factions: the criminals, led by Miki, and the guys who just wanted to race, led by Franz Becker, who ended up murdered in a Californian hotel. I was in the latter."
"How did you get on with him?"
"He was a disgusting pervert. The first time we met, he said, '🤬 or get the 🤬 out.'"
"What were those irreconcilable differences?"
"He wanted to kill your brother. Now, I may have still been smarting after losing my FD to him, but I could not, in good conscience, let someone die while I knew that it would happen."
"Did you try warning him?"
"How? It wasn't like we exchanged phone numbers. Your brother only found out my number by checking out our website. He probably hopes that we'll still be around to teach his son."
"So...you did nothing?"
"If I were to contact the police, and told them that someone's life is in danger, I would gain unwanted attention. They would ask, "How do you know," etc."
"Is there anything else?"
"It was the day your brother was beaten and shot. Miki wanted to celebrate, and invited me to drink. Little did I know that he would...attempt to..."
She muttered something that completely horrified me.
"I fought back. I kneed him in the groin and ran out as fast as I could. I felt...angry...ashamed..." Then, she smiled for some reason. "The consolation is that I got to knee him in the balls." She then turned to me. "Miyu...I am entrusting you with an important task: the defeat of Miki Watanabe."
"Keiko-sempai...are you training me as a favour to my brother?"
"It's payback. When those German cops cleaned out Miki's warehouse, do you know what they found? Plans to kill me. Miki had an execution date planned for the 23rd of August, 2009. I was, before Miki was shot, 9 days away from death. That's why I moved here to Okinawa."

Date: March 18th, 2012

Keiko woke to the sound of an engine starting up. She reached across for her phone.
"Goddammit, it's only 5 in the morning!" She rubbed her eyes and rolled out of bed. "That certainly sounds like the MX-5 Miyu-kohai is borrowing."

Location: Advanced Course, Yamamoto Racing School, Okinawa, Japan
MtAsoTarmac_40.jpg

It's been two months with this thing...and it still TOTALLY KICKS ASS!!!

Oh, I remembered the first time I drove this demented Cappuccino...
MtAsoTarmac_35.jpg

"This thing has 133hp?"
"Packs a mighty punch, doesn't it?"
"I 🤬 LOVE IT!!! I DEFINITELY WANT ONE OF MY OWN!!!"

MtAsoTarmac_41.jpg

I kept half an eye on the G-Counter, which was regularly touching 1.5 in the corners.

MtAsoTarmac_42.jpg

Despite the fact that it was only 6 by now, I was wide awake. Adrenaline was my Red Bull.

MtAsoTarmac_37.jpg

Within 20 minutes, the sun started rising over the horizon.

MtAsoTarmac_38.jpg

"Man, such a beautiful view..."

MtAsoTarmac_39.jpg

I like Okinawa. It's relatively quiet compared to Suzuka and Tokyo.
I'm just wondering...is this the calm before the storm...

The officers were still fatigued. It was 6am, most of them only had slept for 4 or 5 hours when they were woken up.
"So, what happened?" asked one of them.
"Someone said that they had detained two criminals," replied the most senior officer present.
"Right..."
The duo approached a navy Audi. They went around to the back of it, and the senior officer opened the tailgate.
"Sweet zombie Jesus..."
"I thought the same thing, Officer Kawamoto."
Mike DeRossi and Mikhail Kalashnikov were heavily sedated in the boot of the Audi. There was drool flowing from the corners of their mouths that were closer to the floor.
"Found this, too," said the senior officer, Lieutenant Matsuoka, holding up a syringe filled with orange liquid.
"Heroin?" pondered Officer Kawamoto.
"There was a lot more of them. A lab test has shown that these are some sort of stimulant. One key ingredient seems to cause heightened awareness. Another seems to suspend fear."
"Damn...is this like some sort of drug that Kim Jong-il would give to his troops?"
"Well...this seems like some sort of 'driver steroid'..."
"What makes you think that?"
"Well...you see drivers back off at the last second some times. Fear may be a factor in that decision. Heightened awareness may also help a driver."
"How much of this stuff was found?"
"It seems like it's one person's stash. This is not for sale, this was bought for personal consumption."
A female officer diverted their attention. "Officer Kawamoto, Lieutenant Matsuoka...I found this." She handed over a folded piece of paper ripped from a pocket-size notepad. It read, "あなたのギフトをお楽しみください。あきちゃん。" (Enjoy your gift. 4k1-chan.)
"Who is this '4k1-chan' person?" wondered Officer Kawamoto.
"I don't know who they are...but considering that these men are on wanted lists...I think they are in for a serious jackpot."
"It could be '1337speak,'" said the female officer. Her male colleagues looked at her strangely. "What? My boyfriend plays online almost all day when he's off work."

Location: Advanced Course, Yamamoto Racing School, Okinawa, Japan
MtAsoTarmac_36.jpg

I decided to pull in to fill my fuel tank. I noticed the rest of the students were gathered in the pit lane. Keiko was standing in front of them.
"Keiko-sempai," said one of the students, "you still haven't told us what the final exam will be."
Keiko smirked. "Students, you have been practicing many things since the beginning of term-" She then noticed me, and gestured at me to approach the group. "As I was saying," she continued, "You have practiced such things like overtaking into braking zones, using slipstreams, picking the racing line, safe late braking...it's time to put all of that to the test. All 8 of you, who haven't been demoted to the Novice Class-"
"8?" asked another student. "You mean..."
"That's right, Miyu will be taking part too."
"That's suicide!" yelled a third. "She's Hiroto Matsuda's brother! She's probably going to rear-end us!"
"I am all too aware of the fact that her brother likes doing 'banzai' moves up the inside. Now, please get onto the grid, the race will start after a formation lap.
The students all dashed to their cars.
"Keiko-sempai," I asked, "Why are there numbers on our dashboards?"
"Those are your grid positions."
Crap! I'm No. 8 on the grid!
MtAsoTarmac_43.jpg

I was breathing deeply. My first race...in 8 months...what will happen?

Author's note
From this point onwards, the speech of the other drivers will be in the same colour as their car.
MtAsoTarmac_44.jpg

There was the sound of a siren wailing to let us know when to start. Takeshi Saito, who prides himself on his straight-line speed, was on pole, and jumped off the start line.
"Heh! Let's see the newbie catch up with this!"

MtAsoTarmac_45.jpg

I was also quick off the line, and I was watching the only other girl in the class, Yumi Sasaki, move backwards.
"Goddamn! I had to be stuck next to Little Miss Quick Start!"

MtAsoTarmac_46.jpg

I creeped past into 7th.
1 down, 6 to go...

MtAsoTarmac_47.jpg

Here goes nothing!

MtAsoTarmac_48.jpg

"Crap!" yelled Keisuke Hayashi. "She's going onto the grass!"

MtAsoTarmac_49.jpg

"She really is as crazy as her brother!"

MtAsoTarmac_50.jpg

I managed to dive-bomb my way into 4th, while Yumi made it up to 6th.

MtAsoTarmac_51.jpg

Scratch that...she was now up to 5th. Yumi seemed to be an expert on uphill courses.

MtAsoTarmac_52.jpg

Meanwhile, Takeshi pulled away from Daiki Ishikawa in the yellow Cappuccino.
"Ha! You can't beat me on the hillclimb, Daiki!"
According to Keiko, the two were fierce rivals.

MtAsoTarmac_53.jpg

I had now trained my sights on the 3rd place Cappuccino of Park Lee-Yong, the only Korean in the field. Park was an OK guy once you get to know him, and probably talks the least trash out of my classmates.

MtAsoTarmac_54.jpg

"Crap!" yelled Park. "She's glued to my bumper!"

MtAsoTarmac_55.jpg

Park pulled away out of the S-curve, which was triggering memories of Suzuka Circuit...

SuzukaCircuit_61.jpg

"Whoa! Miyu, I think you're better than me in the rain!" remarked Kazumi.
"It's all about throttle control, right?"

MtAsoTarmac_56.jpg

Now was not the time to reminisce.
I know your weakness, Park...

MtAsoTarmac_57.jpg

Park's reluctance to brake late left a gaping hole in his defences, that I could easily exploit.

MtAsoTarmac_58.jpg

"Whoa!" remarked Keiko. "Miyu-kohai is...3rd?!"

MtAsoTarmac_59.jpg

Just as I got to the downhill side of the crest on the main straight, Daiki braked right in front of me!
"Not my Cappuccino! Please, don't rear-end my Cappuccino!"

MtAsoTarmac_60.jpg

I flicked the steering wheel clockwise. I braced myself for impact.

MtAsoTarmac_61.jpg

However, I had successfully avoided disaster.
"Come on, I have a Takeshi Saito to catch!"

MtAsoTarmac_62.jpg

I flicked the wheel anti-clockwise when I was sure that Daiki could not hit me.

MtAsoTarmac_63.jpg

"I have been...completely outclassed..."

MtAsoTarmac_64.jpg

Slowly but surely, on the uphill sections, I was catching Takeshi.

MtAsoTarmac_65.jpg

"You've gotten this far...why don't you just cut your losses now, huh?"
"Arrogant asshole..."

MtAsoTarmac_66.jpg

I chased him down the sharp downhill on the way to the S-curves.

MtAsoTarmac_67.jpg

I braked late in the hope of unsettling him.

MtAsoTarmac_68.jpg

"Damn...nerves of steel and arrogance...what a lethal combination..."

MtAsoTarmac_69.jpg

I had soon realised that I was about to run out of time.
"I have the inside line, newbie!"

MtAsoTarmac_70.jpg

Wait...she's not braking!

MtAsoTarmac_71.jpg

Our bumpers almost touched. His steely nerves had melted away.

MtAsoTarmac_72.jpg

It was now or never...

MtAsoTarmac_73.jpg
MtAsoTarmac_73.jpg

"Holy crap, sis!" yelled Satoshi Yamamoto. "Miyu...I think she's..."
"...Pulling ahead!" finished Keiko.

MtAsoTarmac_74.jpg

The Yamamoto siblings stood dumbstruck in the pits.

MtAsoTarmac_75.jpg

"Wait!" exclaimed Satoshi. "Takeshi is coming back at her!"

MtAsoTarmac_76.jpg

"It's too late for that, though..."
"Whoa...sis...no one has ever won from the back of the grid in the final exam before..."
Keiko dialled Hiroto's number.
"Why are you calling, Keiko?"
"Your sister won our 'Final Exam' race..."
"Right..."
"...From the back of the grid..."

*-----*​
"So, do I win anything?" I asked as I was sitting in Keiko's office.
"You win a lot of satisfaction-"
"Really? No trophy, no medal, no certificate-"
"Let me finish! You have successfully passed with flying colours, and your only mistake was your near-crash with Daiki."
"What happens now?"
"I do not know the answer to that."
I felt frustrated now. I had won, but what was my prize? Did I win an entry into any race series?
Wait...I still have my old phone! I switched on my old Sony Ericsson phone, the one which I had to turn off when I left for Nagano.
"You...have...221...new...messages," said the automated voice as I called voicemail. I also had received 327 texts in that period, too. The majority were, "Where are you?" text and voice messages from Toshiya, Kamui and Junichi. After 2 hours of trawling through my inbox, I came across one sent from an unknown number...
"Received...yesterday...at...six...thirty...six...PM."
"Hey, babe, it's me. Fancy getting revenge against that perv Watanabe? I'll be waiting at 6pm on Tuesday the 20th at the shop at the main train station in Suzuka City."
I'm going to have to pack my bags again. :indiff:

Chapter 21 - Built vs Bought: The Prequel​

Date: March 20th, 2011

As soon as I switched on my phone after leaving the terminal at Nagoya, I received a text message saying, "Codeword: The narwhal bacons at midnight. I will respond, 'And let it be shared by all'." It was from the same unknown number that sent the voice message.

Soon afterwards, I boarded a train that was set to arrive in Suzuka's main station at 5:45pm. The time breezed by, and after about an hour I was in Suzuka's Ino Station near the racetrack. I entered the shop.
Here goes nothing..."The narwhal bacons at midnight."
"And let it be shared by all," responded Akiko.
I rushed over to her and hugged her tightly.
"Miyu...I...can't...breathe..." she wheezed.
I released her, and quickly apologised. "You want to get something to eat, maybe McDonald's?"
"Sure, why not."

In between wolfing down mouthfuls of fries, we started talking.
"So...this feels awkward...but what was being comatose like?"
"I was just dreaming the whole time."
"I've just felt so...weird lately..."
"How?"
"Right, get this: until last November, I forgot all about my racing experience."
"You did suffer serious head trauma, right? When you crashed, both in Tokyo and at the Nürburgring?"
"Yeah, I know. The thing is...the memories return like," I then snapped my fingers, "that."
"Have any memories returned recently?" inquired Akiko.
"Aki-chan, I have remembered at least 70% of what I remembered before the crash. The funny thing is, last night, I remembered that race against that posh jackass Harada back in our 2010 summer holidays..."

Date: July 20th, 2010

Junichi, Akiko and I were chatting away after our final class of the day.
"Ah! Summer's finally here!" exclaimed Junichi as he stretched out his arms.
"Any plans, guys? Maybe we could hit the beach tomorrow?"
I giggled. "Hey, the last time we went to the beach, there was lots of sand in my car when we got back!"
Akiko's attention was diverted. "Oh, great, it's that asshole Harada and his asshole gang."
"The Kyouichi Sudo and the Team Emperor of the school..."
"Huh?"
"It's an Initial D reference, you wouldn't get it."
"Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..."
We returned to my car. Just then, we heard Harada and one of his dumbass friends.
"Yeah, she was absolutely loving it! That Matsuda-chan is such a..."
The rest of the sentence was inaudible as Harada continued walking away.
"Don't mind him. He's just an arrogant jackass with a brand new BMW M3."
"Uh-huh...and is it stock?"
"Wha...?"
I approached Harada-san, and he was talking about fictionalised exploits with me. His friend saw me and made vulgar hand gestures.
"What have you told this moron?!" I asked angrily.
"That you are a sl-" answered his moronic friend.
"Please, Hiroshi. Leave me and my girl to chat, will you?"
Hiroshi, the idiot friend, obliged.
"Kyosuke, I don't know what goes through your mind, but we only made out once last Satuday. AND WE WEREN'T EVEN FRENCH KISSING!!! IT WAS ONLY FOR ABOUT 20 SECONDS!!!"
My minor outburst raised a few eyebrows nearby.
"What do you want, then? Surely you're back for me if you're asking me for something."
I looked at the key fob hanging out of his left trouser pocket. "That's the BMW logo, isn't it?"
"Smart girl. Did big bro tell you who BMW are?"
"We both have cars, right?"
He looked over at the car park.
"Which one of those is yours?" he asked, pointing at the small collection of cars in the student car park. "The cute little '00 MX-5," he said, emphasising the 'cute', "the cute little Cappuccino, that hideous Daihatsu, the ugly '98 Type R Civic, that runt of a Mk. 1 MR-2, the over-hyped mid-80s Levin-"
"The red S15."
"Say what?" Is an S15 some kind of Audi?
I pointed at the sleek red Nissan, nestled between a Toyota Celica ST205 and a Honda CR-X. As I expected from someone with an obvious dislike for domestic cars, he had no idea what it was.
"Sorry, I meant the red Nissan Silvia S15 Spec-R," I explained. That was one hell of a mouthful. "How about we settle this little scuffle with a race?"
Kyosuke was taken aback by my challenge. "But...you're a chick..."
"I'll be at the Esso station on Mt. Kasatori at 10:45 tonight."
"Is there anything at stake here?"
"If you win, and..." I then whispered the remainder of my proposal into his ear. "But, if I win, you will admit that you only kissed me."
"Heh...I like the odds of this..."
We shook hands to validate our agreement.

Time & Date: 10:44pm, July 20th, 2010

ToscanaTarmac_21.jpg

Akiko and Junichi were standing next to my car as I lined up.
"OK," explained Kyosuke as he sat in the driver's seat of his M3, "We'll do a sudden death cat and mouse battle. I will lead first. If the leader leads by more than 2 seconds at the base of the mountain, they win. If the chaser stays within 2 seconds of the leader once they reach the finish line, then we go back up the mountain and start again, with the chaser from the first run leading for the second run. If that run fails to decide a winner, the positions are reversed until we decide the battle. There will be no 'pitstops' allowed, either for fuel or for tyres."
It's a good thing I was allowed to fill my tank to the brim before we started.
There was a sizeable amount of people in my corner.
"COME ON MATSUDA-CHAN! DO IT FOR DOMESTICS!" yelled a classmate that I barely knew.
"Go, go, Miyu-chan, if she can't do it, maybe an FD or a Skyline can! chanted Akiko.
"Thanks for the support!" I jokingly replied to her.

ToscanaTarmac_22.jpg

"OK, S15, let's get this started!"
Junichi hopped over the barrier and stood between me and the M3.
"Go...yon...san...ni...ichi...GO!!!" (5...4...3...2...1...)

ToscanaTarmac_23.jpg

"Ha, such an uncouth start!" taunted Kyosuke over the hands-free set installed in my car.
"I genuinely hope you run out of call credit, you pompous ass."

ToscanaTarmac_24.jpg

I'll toy with her...and then speed away after this corner...using this car's superior qualities...

ToscanaTarmac_25.jpg

"First braking zone!" Damn...she obviously has a lighter car...but no worries. These high-grade Michellins will negate the weight advantage she has...what is she using, Yokohamas?

ToscanaTarmac_26.jpg

Heh...that's it...I'm sure the sight of an S15 in your mirror will spook you...

ToscanaTarmac_27.jpg

"Say goodbye, Miyu! This is what 12 million yen buys you!"
"Don't be so cocky...the GT-R's blood runs in the S15's veins!"

ToscanaTarmac_28.jpg

A gap emerged as soon as we entered the corner, but I was conserving my tyres.

ToscanaTarmac_29.jpg

"Crap! Dirt!" I yelled as the S15 slid onto the grassy apex. This is what happens when I, unlike Kyosuke, don't rely on drivers' aids.

ToscanaTarmac_30.jpg

I soon closed the gap as we entered another braking zone.

ToscanaTarmac_31.jpg

A group of students took their phones out as they saw...

ToscanaTarmac_32.jpg

^...that.
"WOO! GO MIYU-CHAN!" was the usual response from the more JDM-savvy contingent of the crowd.

ToscanaTarmac_33.jpg

"ARGH! DON'T HIT MY NEW M3!"
"Getting squeamish, are we?"

ToscanaTarmac_34.jpg

The M3 slid to the outside. However, thanks to the better traction of the Michellins, he was quickly able to scurry away.

ToscanaTarmac_35.jpg

The straights were not as helpful to Kyosuke as he imagined them to be. Maybe that's because he takes on equally cocky drivers of Civics, Silvias and entry-level Skylines.

ToscanaTarmac_37.jpg

"Gah! Fishtailing and understeer!"

ToscanaTarmac_38.jpg

Again, my S15 scrambled over the grassy apex.
"WOW!" shouted one spectator, "that's definitely going on YouTube!"

ToscanaTarmac_39.jpg

Understeering and fishtailing...it's like watching a Camaro or a Mustang...

ToscanaTarmac_40.jpg

Hang on...I know this corner...Hiroto and his heavy R32 always struggled here...

ToscanaTarmac_41.jpg

Damn...this is the one part of the track that I really don't like!

ToscanaTarmac_42.jpg

"I need to brake early here..." said Kyosuke, thinking aloud.

ToscanaTarmac_43.jpg

"HELL NO!!!"
"HELL YES!!!"

ToscanaTarmac_44.jpg

The M3 was beached on the outside of the corner. My agile S15 sneaked through the inside.

ToscanaTarmac_45.jpg

The M3 wallowed badly through the next sequence of corners, which always gave an advantage to lighter cars.

ToscanaTarmac_46.jpg

Even through the lightly-cambered corners that followed, the M3 was falling behind.
Please don't tell me I've already burned through these Michellins!

ToscanaTarmac_47.jpg

She's officially taunting me. She's drifting right in front of me...this girl has some nerve!

ToscanaTarmac_48.jpg

"You can't stop me here!" proclaimed Kyosuke proudly.

ToscanaTarmac_49.jpg

*THUMP*
"ASSHOLE!!!"

ToscanaTarmac_50.jpg

"GAH! MY FATHER WILL NOT TAKE KINDLY TO RED PAINT ON THIS M3!"
"Walk it off, jackass!"

ToscanaTarmac_51.jpg

All this dirty smoke in my face...all of this turbulence in the wake of her car...it's so annoying!

ToscanaTarmac_52.jpg

I slammed the accelerator and listened to the tyres squealing for mercy.

ToscanaTarmac_53.jpg

"Hang on...there's a long-ish straight up ahead..."
Thanks for the warning...

ToscanaTarmac_54.jpg

"All I need to do is stick right on your tail..."

ToscanaTarmac_55.jpg

"CRAP! I'VE BRAKED TOO LATE!"
"Jackpot..."

ToscanaTarmac_56.jpg

As my tyres struggled for grip, the M3's tyres were just fine.

ToscanaTarmac_57.jpg

Not now...not with less than a kilometre to the finish line...

ToscanaTarmac_58.jpg

But I could sense some hesitation. The M3 seemed to roll through the sweeping right-hander. It did not like these sort of speeds.

ToscanaTarmac_59.jpg

"Hang on a second...it seems like a left is coming up!"

ToscanaTarmac_60.jpg

I lifted off the throttle for a moment to let Kyosuke through...

ToscanaTarmac_61.jpg

...and then, under braking, my S15 showed its prowess once more.
"NO! I CAN FACE A SECOND RUN, BUT NOT THIS!"

ToscanaTarmac_62.jpg

"Please...don't hit my BMW!"

ToscanaTarmac_63.jpg

Although Kyosuke was on the inside, he gave up despite being on grippier tyres.

ToscanaTarmac_65.jpg

"The last corner...here it comes..."

ToscanaTarmac_66.jpg

I powered out of the final turn, without even the smallest hint of fishtailing...

ToscanaTarmac_67.jpg

...except for there, and also when I came to a stop and started doing donuts. As the spectators passed by on their way back to Suzuka City, they beeped their horns as a form of applause. After Kyosuke admitted that we only kissed, he left, and Akiko and Junichi arrived.
"Damn it Miyu! We had to hitch a lift in an old Toyota Chaser to get here!"
I blushed, and said, "Sorry about that..."
"I never thought I would say this about a girl driving, but WAY TO GO!" Junichi proceeded to high-five me, and we returned to Suzuka in my car.

Date: March 20th, 2012
"You asked if I wanted to face Miki...how do we contact him?"
Akiko held up an iPhone with a Lamborghini cover. "Mike DeRossi's phone, duh."
"How did you get that?"
"If I were to tell you that it involved spiking his drink-"
"That seems a bit ironic, if you ask me..."
"Well, as I was saying, if it involved spiking his drink as well as Mikhail Kalashnikov's, and then dumping them in the back of their Audi station wagon, would you believe me?"
"Yes."
"Then call him on this. He's listed as 'Michio Tanabe'."
My heart rate began to soar. I rang the number.
"MIKE?! WHERE THE 🤬 ARE YOU?!"
"This isn't Mike." I was unaware at the time that this phone was equipped with a voice-changer.
"WHO ARE YOU?!" barked Miki.
"An old enemy, looking for a rematch. Suzuka Circuit, 10am, Saturday the 24th of March 2012. Be there."
I hung up. "No backing out now..."
"No 🤬, Sherlock."

Yeah, what Doogers said. But I'll add that we're constantly flicking back and forwards in time, may as well change the title to Caught Somewhere in Time, flashback/looking back at something, before we've gone to the year of false death, I mean 2012 :P (Note: That was a sign of lame jokefulness, ignore and be cruel about its lameness)

Chapter 22 - Withdrawal Symptoms​

Time and Date: 1:00am, March 23rd, 2012

Sitting in front of a computer, in the offices of one of the Nightshade Cartel's many fronts (this one being a strip club), Boris Molotov was extremely worried.
Agent Amber...such an addictive substance... thought Boris. There's a reason why the Red Army gave up on it. Only Mikhail knows how to make a good batch of it.
Just then, Boris heard glass being smashed. Miki is suffering from withdrawal symptoms.
Miki stormed in, and grabbed Boris by the neck. "WHERE IS IT?!" he spat.
Boris pushed Miki away. "We must ration it for your race on Saturday." There was white powder all over Miki's top. "Cocaine! You've been snorting cocaine on a comedown?!" This only added to his worries. "The effects of cocaine during a comedown after using Agent Amber have NOT been studied! We are the only gang in Asia, if not the world, that has access to this!"
"I NEED IT! I NEED THAT AGENT AMBER!!!" screamed Miki, beating his chest furiously.
"Mikhail is the only one who knows how to make it properly! He's the one who hired a Soviet chemist to tell him how to make it!" He returned his attention to the screen, and sighed. "This is what Mikhail always feared. That you would turn into a junkie!"
Miki pulled him onto the floor. He grabbed the keyboard, and tried to pull it out of its socket. When that failed, he pulled out the mouse instead.
"No...not-" Boris kicked Miki in the shins, and scrambled back onto his feet. "I can't work with a murderous junkie like you!" Boris shifted his head to the left as Miki threw the mouse at him. "Mikhail should have left that chemist in the unemployment queue. Last August was the beginning of the end..." Boris left the office. "I'm better off retiring now than getting killed by you!"
"FINE! 🤬 YOU! THERE'S ALWAYS SOMEONE GUNNING FOR YOUR JOB! YOU'RE DEAD! YOU'RE 🤬 DEAD!!!" Miki looked at the computer screen and received a shock. Boris was on the Internet, and he was looking at a NHK article titled, "Russian and American gangster duo arrested in Suzuka City." Miki threw the hard drive onto the ground, and then the monitor. Then, his phone rang.
"Mushi mushi?"
"Boss, I just saw a silver R32 with Mie plates and a rear spoiler heading to Mt. Kasatori!"
Miki hung up. It's him... he thought as he cackled evilly.

ToscanaTarmac.jpg

There were two people in the R32 cruising down Mt. Kasatori: a male driver, mid-20s, and a female passenger, also in her mid-20s.

ToscanaTarmac_1.jpg

"This is such a good car..."
"Have you heard about your friend yet? The one found in a dumpster last June?"
"I still have nightmares about when that monster called me...I was just about to leave work..."
"How is Ami?"
"Traumatised, why wouldn't she be?"

ToscanaTarmac_2.jpg

Tonight, he dies. Miki had a hand on the Glock pistol that lay next to the hand brake. His grip was shaky, as he was holding the pistol with his left hand.

ToscanaTarmac_3.jpg

"The perfect DC5...although I had to steal it to get it..."

ToscanaTarmac_4.jpg

"Hitomi...do you hear that?"
"What?"
"That exhaust note...perhaps it's an Evo or an Impreza..."
Hitomi checked her harness to see if she was buckled in properly.

ToscanaTarmac_5.jpg

"Right, Hitomi-chan, you've only seen me drive this car normally? Let's push this R32!"

ToscanaTarmac_6.jpg

Miki's DC5 rocketed past 9,000rpm.

ToscanaTarmac_7.jpg

A small group of touge enthusiasts had gathered at a corner.
"That DC5...it looks like a touring car!"
"Is it road legal?"

ToscanaTarmac_8.jpg

"Hitomi, I'm not sure that's an Evo or an Impreza behind us..."
"Huh?"
"I'm looking at it...it's not fishtailing...it might be an FWD..."

ToscanaTarmac_9.jpg

4 red circular lights...

ToscanaTarmac_10.jpg

"Is that..."
"...A DC5. It seems to be a replica of the GT Association Global Touring Car Series Integra."

ToscanaTarmac_11.jpg

"DIE, MATSUDA!!!"

ToscanaTarmac_12.jpg

"Kenji-san! We're going to cra-"
Kenji, the driver, pulled the car back onto the road...

ToscanaTarmac_13.jpg

...but Miki was lying in wait...

ToscanaTarmac_14.jpg

...and he had his gun loaded...

ToscanaTarmac_15.jpg

...and then he raised it up and aimed at Kenji, and pulled the trigger. The bullet flew through the passenger's window of the DC5, but it missed Kenji's head. Kenji and Hitomi ducked.

ToscanaTarmac_16.jpg

Kenji slammed the brakes, and the R32 hit the wall at only 20km/h.

ToscanaTarmac_17.jpg

Kenji was breathing heavily, as was Hitomi as they raised their heads again.
"Kenji-san..."
The adrenaline that had been flowing through Kenji's veins was starting to fade. Kenji felt his right arm. He howled as he was halfway between his elbow and his wrist.

ToscanaTarmac_18.jpg

"Oh 🤬! He's coming back!"

ToscanaTarmac_19.jpg

Miki came to a gradual stop after doing a U-turn. Hitomi fumbled with her harness.
"HITOMI-CHAN! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" yelled Kenji.
"HEY!!! WHAT THE 🤬 ARE YOU PLAYING AT?! GO PLAY DRIVE-BY SHOOTER SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!"
Miki lunged at her, and grabbed her by the throat with both hands.
"I remember that voice..." His mouth curled upwards in a sick smile. "How's Ami?" he taunted. "Does she remember me fondly?" In his vice-like grip, Hitomi couldn't breathe. "I seem to have the wrong couple..." Hitomi lost consciousness as she was starved of oxygen for too long. Miki dragged her back to his car, and dumped her on the passenger's seat. Kenji, in his crippling pain, could only watch as he slipped into unconsciousness.

Location: Akiko's apartment, Suzuka City, Mie Prefecture, Japan
Time and Date: 8:37am, March 23rd, 2012
I woke up in Akiko's bed. It was another night, another relived memory...this time, it was of that race at Merchant Park in England. I got dressed, and entered the living room/kitchen. Akiko was fast asleep on the couch, until she heard me.
"Did you sleep well?"
"Yeah."
"So, are you planning on using your S15? For the battle against Miki?"
"No."
"WHAT?!"
"Dad says that he has a 'special weapon' ready for me. He says it's an ex-racing car."
"Cool, I guess..."
"Aki-chan...are you worried for me?"
She stood up from the sofa, and hugged me. "Miyu...of course I'm worried for you." She released me, and we then sat down on the couch, and she switched on the TV.
"OK, I'm going for a showe-"
I was interrupted by an NHK news bulletin.
"Mie Prefecture Police are focusing on a missing persons case. Kenji Matsumoto, a 25-year-old, was found unconscious in a '94 Nissan Skyline with a single gunshot wound in the right forearm. Police have determined that there was a passenger in the car. Eyewitness reports have confirmed that the passenger is 25-year-old nurse Hitomi Ito from Nagoya City. Witnesses have also stated that a heavily-modified black '04 Honda Integra was nearby around the time of the incident."
Could this happen to me?

Damn, I forgot to thank machate-man for his role as Miki!

Last edited:
Miki is a psycho freak, he's a gun welding man wounding sex freak 👍. I laughed when I saw the number on the car Miki stole, :lol:.

Chapter 23 - Final Fight​

Date: March 24th, 2012

I woke up very early. I heard the rain strike the windows.
This could be the last time I ever sleep under silk bedsheets, I thought to myself. Still in a vest and panties, I left Akiko's bedroom to use the bathroom. After disposing of bodily waste, I entered the main room.
Ah, Aki-chan...you look so cute when you're asleep, I pondered as I saw Akiko under a blanket on the couch. You still snore like a guy, though. I noticed something on the table, in wrapping paper. There was a note taped to it.
"Your favourite Tarantino movie is Kill Bill, right?" read the note, signed off in the kanji form of Akiko (明子). I tore off the wrapping paper. I unwrapped a yellow racing suit with a black stripe running down it. I decided to go for a walk.

Kyoto-Gion_4.jpg

The rain had stopped briefly as I walked through the city.
"Toru, every time I look inside this thing I get chills!"
"It's like looking at that old R30 silhouette race car, Michio..."
"Hang on..."

Kyoto-Gion_5.jpg

"Oyashi (Dad), Tanaka-san, is that...for me..."
"Miyu, I didn't expect you to be up at," Dad then checked his watch, "5 in the morning."
"It was more like 4, actually. I pretty much forgot that your garage was here. Damned amnesia."
Dad sighed. "Miyu...I know this is something which may detract from your opinion of me...but I genuinely fear for you."
"You're up against a man with total disregard for human life, or women's rights."
It was my turn to sigh. "Goddamn...it's only dawned on me when I woke up...this could be my last conversation with you..."
"Well, at least you're not lying to me."
"Are you still bitter about that, Dad?"
"Why can I be bitter? You were forced into exile through no fault of your own." Dad then handed me the keys to the S15. "This is a race-prepped S15. It has around 320hp, and weighs around 1,000kg with an empty tank of fuel. It revs up to 8,200rpm and we've fitted Bridgestone Potenza wet tyres. Those tyres are road legal." He looked up at the sky again. "I wouldn't be surprised if it is raining by the start of your race. Good luck." Dad then hugged me. There was some reluctance when he released me.
I'm going to need a few laps to get accustomed to this...

The rumbling exhaust of the S15 woke up Akiko.
"Hey, Aki-chan..."
"Have you seen my gift for you?"
"Yeah, it's nice."
"You wanna try it on now?"
"Sure," and then I got changed in the bathroom. A few minutes later, I emerged. "Well...your thoughts?"
"You look totally badass. So, you want anything for breakfast?"
"Well...this could be my last meal..."
"Are you OK?"
"No. Aki-chan, ever since I woke up earlier, I have felt this heavy feeling in my chest. It feels like dread."
"You can't back out. Not now." I heard Akiko start up the cooker, and shortly afterwards I heard a sizzling noise.
"Ah...bacon..."
"And eggs." She reached over towards the radio. "Do you mind if I turn on the radio?"
"No, go ahead."
"This is an NHK Radio special bulletin! Interpol have officially stated that feared criminal Miki Watanabe is not deceased. The alarm was raised by a Cologne police officer after the Cologne police department received a picture from an anonymous source..."
"Took them long enough..."
"...the Justice Minister has officially put a 60 million yen bounty on Miki Watanabe, who is wanted alive by national authorities."
Akiko's raised her eyebrows in interest. Even more motivation to nab the bastard...
After finishing my breakfast, I left the apartment, and pointed the S15 in the direction of Suzuka Circuit.

SuzukaCircuit.jpg

I inhaled deeply as Miki showed up on track.
I've had to use my last syringe of Agent Amber on this...
"MIKI WATANABE!!!" I yelled at the top of my voice. "YOUR DAY OF RECKONING HAS ARRIVED!!!"
Miki jumped out of his car. Well, not literally. "What is it, whore? Have you come to hand yourself in?"
"NO! I'm here to beat you into this tarmac! I'm here to face you!" He's twitching. He's like Tweek from South Park.
"Fine...what are your rules?" he said in that perverted, low voice of his.
"2 laps." There's no chance for you to lay down some oil here, prick. The rain will wash it off.
"Throw in gum tape deathmatch rules. And what about the stakes?"
"If I win, and tonight you'll be in a police station awaiting trial. If I lose-"
"Fufufu...if you lose...you're mine. My property."
"Fine."
Miki took some sick, twisted pleasure in taping my hand to the wheel. "I'll lead. We'll start when I start."

SuzukaCircuit_1.jpg

I decided to force his hand by holding down the brake pedal and doing a small burnout.

SuzukaCircuit_2.jpg

"Miki doesn't know where the grip is...but with those precious reconnaissance laps, I do."

SuzukaCircuit_3.jpg

Damned spray!

SuzukaCircuit_4.jpg

Oh, come on!
As soon as I moved out of Miki's spray, I needed to brake.

SuzukaCircuit_5.jpg

I fought the wheel.
This car likes to turn in more than the Cappuccino from *Yamamoto Racing School.

SuzukaCircuit_6.jpg

I backed off as the car turned in too much.
I'm so glad that I learned one-handed steering at YRS*...

SuzukaCircuit_7.jpg

I gently turned the steering wheel.
A mis-timed manoeuvre, or a sharp turn will de-stabilise this car out of the turns...

SuzukaCircuit_8.jpg

It's amazing how fast a druggie can drive...

SuzukaCircuit_9.jpg

The car felt extremely balanced as I went through the S-curves.

SuzukaCircuit_10.jpg

There's two benefits of being behind...I can read Miki like a book, and he clears away some of the surface water.

SuzukaCircuit_11.jpg

Hang on...I think I'm faste-
"Hello, whore. It was easy to tune into your radio channel..."
Goddamn it...

SuzukaCircuit_12.jpg

Come on, this track is wider than the Nordschleife!

SuzukaCircuit_13.jpg

We blasted through the short tunnel.

SuzukaCircuit_14.jpg

I even copied Miki's braking point into the hairpin. He braked too late, but my car seemed to have better brakes.

SuzukaCircuit_15.jpg

Damn...here's the spray again...

SuzukaCircuit_16.jpg

Crap! I remember almost hitting the barrier here with Hiroto!

SuzukaCircuit_17.jpg

OK, time to unleash Plan A...

SuzukaCircuit_18.jpg

"GODDAMMIT! I THINK IT'S WEARING OFF!" screamed Miki as he slammed the brakes into Spoon.

SuzukaCircuit_19.jpg

"NO!!! HOW 🤬 DARE YOU!!!"
He's cracking...
Poor choice of words...

SuzukaCircuit_20.jpg

There was something about Miki that reminds me of a 12-year-old coming close to the point of rage quitting...

SuzukaCircuit_21.jpg

OK, here comes the back straight!

SuzukaCircuit_22.jpg

The Integra seemed slightly bogged down in 2nd and 3rd gear...

SuzukaCircuit_23.jpg

...which allowed my S15 to draw level with it.

SuzukaCircuit_25.jpg

"No...I cannot let her pass so easily..."

SuzukaCircuit_26.jpg

"TAKE THAT!!!" he screamed as 980kg of Integra and c.65kg of steroid addict slammed into my S15.

SuzukaCircuit_27.jpg

"ARGH!!! 🤬 YOU!!!"
At that time, I failed to notice Miki trying to control a spin.

SuzukaCircuit_28.jpg

I kept a cool head and I kept the car from sailing into the barriers.

SuzukaCircuit_29.jpg

Miki did the same with his Integra.

SuzukaCircuit_30.jpg

"No...she's...she's still...driving..."

SuzukaCircuit_31.jpg

"OK Miki, now I'm pissed off!"

Thanks to machate-man for his role as Miki!

Last edited:
This is weird, rainy Suzuka and drug addict. I would have thought they wouldn't mix at all :P Maybe his FWD saves him, hopefully not, FWD isn't good. awesome chapter, or half-chapter :dopey:

980 kg of Integra, c.65 kg of someone on steroids?

Lost my poker match against Ryou but I'm betting half of my remaining money that Miki doesn't have the chance for 1000 mg of Viagra and 2 kg of hemorrhoids.

Lost my poker match against Ryou but I'm betting half of my remaining money that Miki doesn't have the chance for 1000 mg of Viagra and 2 kg of hemorrhoids.

You already went all in back there though :lol:

That Silvia reminds me of mine slightly, simply because the number is the same as my blue one that I've tuned. :)

I just finished reading the last chapter (23)... I though it was the 22nd chapter, then I scroll down the page and I didn't saw anyhting... Epic, unique fan fic, great job!

Chapter 24: Final Fight (Conclusion)​

If there is one thing I hate most of all in racing, it's cheaters. There's something about them that fires me up, that tells me to fight harder.

SuzukaCircuit_32.jpg

What's gotten into her...
"MIKI WATANABE, I AM GOING TO ENJOY YOUR DEMISE!!!"

SuzukaCircuit_33.jpg

I am not going to lose to this perverted excuse for a human!

SuzukaCircuit_34.jpg

OK, 2nd lap...better make this count...
Time for a modified version of Plan A...

SuzukaCircuit_35.jpg

With my S15 right up his exhaust pipe, the spray wasn't so severe this time around.

SuzukaCircuit_36.jpg

I moved out of his slipstream. In the wet, I will need as much downforce as possible under braking.

SuzukaCircuit_37.jpg

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw his right hand turn counter-clockwise.
Oh 🤬...

SuzukaCircuit_38.jpg

It was too late. Once more, the Integra slammed into the side of my S15.
"I don't care how fired up you are, slut! You won't be able to fight back after this!"

SuzukaCircuit_39.jpg

But that only served to fire me up even more.

SuzukaCircuit_40.jpg

"Slam the accelerator out to the apex!"

SuzukaCircuit_41.jpg

"Stay away from the kerbs, they retain a lot of water!"

SuzukaCircuit_42.jpg

Fufufu...victory is mine...and so will the little whore...I will enjoy Hiroto's precious little sister...

SuzukaCircuit_43.jpg

"I SEE YOUR SPRAY, MIKI!!! YOU'RE MINE!!!"
Miki's response was stuck in his throat. No...it can't be...

SuzukaCircuit_44.jpg

"YOU CAN'T RUN FROM MY S15!"
My whole body was shaking. I was sweating from head to toe. I could feel the tape around my right hand becoming soggier.

SuzukaCircuit_45.jpg

Miki was overheating. Like me, he was also sweaty. But he could not focus.

SuzukaCircuit_46.jpg

In contrast, I was very cool (but in the bag of ice sense of the word). I calmly applied the brakes into the hairpin...

SuzukaCircuit_47.jpg

...Whereas Miki's left foot slipped off the brake pedal.
"THAT DOCTOR SAID THAT HE WOULD FIX MY LEFT SIDE!!! HE LIED!!! ONCE I'M DONE WITH THIS BITCH, I'LL KILL HIM!!!"
At that moment, in the car park of Suzuka Circuit, a brand new red Toyota Trueno FT-86 pulled up.

SuzukaCircuit_48.jpg

Face it, Miki. You're out of your depth. My brother would have completely destroyed you if he were the one in my place.

SuzukaCircuit_49.jpg

Out of Turn 12, I was able to get a better exit than Miki.

SuzukaCircuit_50.jpg

Miki, if there's one thing you should learn about us Matsudas...

SuzukaCircuit_51.jpg

...it's that you should never leave a gap for us.

SuzukaCircuit_52.jpg

If I was able to give him the finger at that point, I would, if it weren't for the damned tape.

SuzukaCircuit_53.jpg

"A...smooth...pass?..."
"You better believe it!"

SuzukaCircuit_54.jpg

Unfortunately, Miki was able to stay in my slipstream.
"I will not tolerate your insolence..."

SuzukaCircuit_55.jpg

"While you brake for 130R...you will find out what happens if this ends in a tie...MWAHAHAHAHA!!!"
Oh, thanks for the heads-up, creep.

SuzukaCircuit_56.jpg

"Now, Ms. Matsuda...I expect you to die!"
"Not if I can do anything about it!"

SuzukaCircuit_57.jpg

Miki gasped as his DC5 barely grazed the rear bumper of my S15...nowhere near enough to knock me off balance and send me into the wall. Miki froze in fear. His foot was still pressing down on the accelerator.

SuzukaCircuit_58.jpg

And that was that. Game over. Miki slammed into the wall at 200km/h, only barely slowed down by the gravel. He lurched forward. His right wrist was contorted in all sorts of ugly ways by the impact. He gasped for air as his lungs struggled with the forces of sudden deceleration.
And all this time, a solitary figure stood on the bank on the inside of 130R.
"I think I need to revise my plans for catching the bastard..." pondered the solitary figure aloud.
Miki's left hand fumbled with the tape. Seeing as it was partially crippled from when he shot himself, it was quite a struggle. He stumbled out of his Integra, completely oblivious to the blaze slowly taking hold of the engine bay. He scrambled away on all fours before getting to his feet.

SuzukaCircuit_59.jpg

I was watching the action unfold in my rear-view mirror. I cruised slowly to the finish line.
No need to push myself.

SuzukaCircuit_60.jpg

I hardly believed it when I crossed the finish line.
I've beaten Miki. Albeit, I've won by default. But I was certainly faster.
I turned the car around at the pit lane exit, and left it in the paddock, with the engine switched off as I went to the bathroom to change into "civilian" attire.
Suddenly, as I was only putting on my jeans (I was yet to put on a top), footsteps. A low voice croaked.
"Hello...slut..."
Miki looked totally empty. His eyes looked dead. His face was trying desperately to hide any scars from the accident, as well as the pain.
"COME HERE!!!" he screamed. He slammed me into the cold tiles of the floor. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him wince, as he needed both hands to throw me to the ground. Then, there was a sickening thud as his foot met my stomach as I was struggling to get back onto my feet.
"THIS IS HOW I TREAT DISOBEDIENT WHORES, MIYU!!!"
"Why...you can't get it for free, can you?" I taunted.
"SHUT UP!!!" As he tried to kick me again, I rolled out of the way. Then, I heard a female voice speak up.
"HEY!!! PICK ON SOMEONE YOUR OWN SIZE!!!" yelled Akiko. She jumped onto his back, forcing him to the ground. As Miki was got back to his feet, Akiko kicked him right in the side of the head. Then, she landed a flurry of punches on his torso. As I scrambled back onto my feet, I saw Akiko reach for something out of the pocket of her hoodie.
"Say when." She thrust a tazer into Miki's...well, you don't want to know. Miki collapsed to the ground. She then turned to me. "Surely wearing only jeans and a bra isn't acceptable racewear?" she asked jokingly.
I stared at Miki, down on the floor, with a look of petrified pain on his face.
"I'm going to need your help to put him into the Trueno."
"Huh...what? Surely all you can fit in there is about sixty kilos of tofu?"
"Are you a bit punch-drunk, Miyu?"
"Yeah, naturally."
"It's the FT-86, not the AE86 of Initial D or Keiichi Tsuchiya's personal garage fame."

*-----*​
Akiko eased on the brakes and pulled the handbrake as soon as we stopped outside Suzuka City's main police station. She beeped the horn.
"Can I help you?" asked the first officer on the scene, probably barely out of the academy and still not even done with puberty.
"Yes. Tell me, if I told you that I had a wanted criminal in the boot of this 2012 Toyota Sprinter Trueno FT-86, who would be at fault here?"
The officer was left slightly dumbstruck. "Uh...what do you mean by at fault?"
"As in, could I be charged with false imprisonment?"
The officer called one of his more senior colleagues over.
"What's the situation here, Miss?"
"Well, Miki Watanabe is in the boot of this car. He's still alive, before you guys get any ideas."
The two policemen opened the boot. Lying in the foetal position, with his mouth taped, earphones in his ears connected to a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play playing "Friday" by Rebecca Black on a loop (wouldn't that be banned under the Geneva Convention?) and his hands tied. The officers dragged Miki out of the boot and onto the ground.
"Well, if it isn't the guy who Interpol said was dead!" taunted one of the officers.
"Miki Watanabe, you are under arrest for the murder of Chao Ai, Sung Ji-Hyun, the kidnapping of Kazumi Tanaka and Toshi Sagata, the assault with a deadly weapon of Kenji Matsumoto and the importation of illegal narcotics as well as being wanted for questioning in the case of Hitomi Ito," said the senior policeman without pausing to take a breath. He continued listing the litany of charges against Miki as we left the station.

*-----*​
"Now, was that relaxing, or was that relaxing?" asked Akiko as we entered the living room of her apartment quite a while after turning over Miki.
"When you said 'catching up', I thought you meant with all of the TV shows and movies we've missed..." I said as I stretched out my arms.
Akiko switched on the TV. We had just caught the end of a news bulletin regarding Hitomi Ito being safely found (albeit heavily drugged) in the back office of a strip club.
"And next on NHK News, we talk to Seiichi Oka, who, along with his friend Daisuke Nomura, developed the MMORPG taking the world by storm: Katana Quest!"
"Everything's turned out OK, hasn't it?" I asked, massaging my forearms.
Akiko briefly laughed. "Try saying that to Miki Watanabe..." she joked.
Then, my phone rang. "Mushi mushi?"
"Sis! Thank 🤬 you're OK!"
"Thanks for your concern, bro. What are you calling about?"
"Well, considering that you're not going to be another statistic in the Justice Department's books, I've pulled a few strings. Namely, the SuperGT series."
"SuperGT?!"
"You wouldn't mind being in a R35 in the GT500 class, would you?"
"Wow...the GT500 class..."
"Well, I'm sure Team Calsonic won't mind hiring a girl."
"Oh, shut up!"
Hiroto chuckled. "Besides, I raced with them for Formula Pacific. Surely they wouldn't mind giving a job to another Matsuda, no?"
"OH MY GOD!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS BRO!!! I 🤬 LOVE YOU!!!"
"Ahehehe...yeah, love you too sis. Sayonara."
"Sayonara!"
"Well, what was the call about?"
"SuperGT! My brother has got me a place in SuperGT!"
I kissed Akiko straight on the lips for a few seconds as a sort of reaction to the pure joy I was feeling. "So, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Please, Aki-chan, give me an hour or so to rest."
The phone rang again. "You were saying?" joked Akiko.
"Mushi mushi?"
"MIYU!!! WHERE THE 🤬 WERE YOU?!" yelled Junichi.
"The important thing is that I'm OK, right?"
"GAH!!! I'M STUCK HERE IN ENGLAND RIGHT NOW BEHIND THE COUNTER OF HMV!!!"
"Whoa. Someone's woken up on the wrong side of the bed..."
"Well, considering Toshiya split, and 🤬 off back home, I can be forgiven for that, right?"
"What the hell are you doing in England, though?"
"I was close to running out of money, and I couldn't get a job in Germany without basic German, which I don't have."
"You were running out of money?"
"You have no idea, Miyu! Considering that I invested in an indie record label in," I could hear Junichi asking Kamui where he invested his money, "Canada. And then they went belly-up after firing an employee who liked Justin Bieber! The little punk!"
"Sorry to hear that you aren't a master stock market gambler..."
"Listen, Miyu, this call is taking up a crapload of my phone credit. If you could wire £2,000 into my bank account so I can buy plane ticke-"
And then the line went dead, as Junichi learned how expensive it is to call a mobile in Japan from Britain the hard way.
"Don't worry, £2,000 will just make a tiny dent in 60 million yen."
"Sure, just make sure to get him to pay you back."
"Are you kidding? That's my way of paying him back for all of those fries I've stolen from his McDonald's meals!" she joked. And then, we burst into laughter, completely ignoring the sport report:
"And, in Formula GT news, Hiroto Matsuda has claimed pole for the Australian GP..."

Fin
*-------*​
Special thanks to everyone who has read this story and has given me the support to carry on, as well as all of those who have helped me with chapters! :D See you soon! :cheers:
The cars of Hashiriya!

SpecialStageRoute5_2.jpg

Name: NISSAN Silvia S15 Spec-R
Owner: Miyu Matsuda
Power: c.330hp
Weight: c.1,150kg
Notable Achievements: one of the fastest cars on the Mt. Kasatori downhill, defeated Scar, returned from the dead, won at Monza, defeated Dazza, Gazza and Wazza

SpecialStageRoute7-1.jpg

Name: MITSUBISHI Lancer Evolution IV
Owner: Daisuke Nomura and Seiichi Oka
Power: c.350hp
Weight: c. 1,300kg
Notable Achievements: defeated Kuro, capable of withstanding Seiichi's weight before he dieted

LigeGravel_1.jpg

Name: NISSAN Skyline GT-R V-Spec II
Owner: Kamui Iwata
Power: 370hp
Weight: c.1,380kg
Notable Achievements: defeated Mikhail, attracted Akiko's attention

LigeGravel.jpg

Name: MITSUBISHI Lancer Evolution X
Owner: Mikhail Kalashnikov Kamui Iwata
Power: c.360hp
Weight: c.1,350kg
Notable Achievements: survived being owned by Mikhail

ToscanaTarmac_19.jpg

Name: SUBARU Impreza WRX (GD)
Owner: Kuro Hizokama
Power: c.340hp
Weight: c.1,350kg
Notable Achievements: formerly the fastest car on the reverse version of Route 231

Kyoto-Gion.jpg

Name: HONDA Civic Type R EK9
Owner: Kentaro "Scar" Suzuki
Power: c. 260hp
Weight: c. 950kg
Notable Achievements: used as a battering ram

ToscanaTarmac_41.jpg

Name: SUBARU Impreza WRX STi (GR)
Owner: Shingo Ukayama
Power: c. 300hp
Weight: c. 1,450kg
Notable Achievements: formerly the fastest car on the forward version of Route 231

ToscanaTarmac_43.jpg

Name: Sileighty
Power: c.300hp
Weight: c.1,100kg
Notable Achievements: won at Tokyo Bay Karting Centre, defeated Shingo, caused Miyu to suffer amnesia

TokyoR246_2.jpg

Name: TOYOTA Altezza RS200 SXE10
Owner: Akiko Kobayashi
Power: c.220hp
Weight: c.1,260kg
Notable Achievements: used to train Seiichi and Daisuke

ClubmanStageRoute5_1.jpg

Name: VOLKSWAGEN Golf GTi Mk. IV
Owner: David Holz
Power: c. 250hp
Weight: c. 980kg
Notable Achievements: undefeated until David faced Miyu

MtAsoTarmac.jpg

Name: MAZDA Eunos Roadster/Miata/MX-5 NA6C
Owner: Yamamoto Racing School
Power: 165hp
Weight: 930kg
Notable Achievements: Miyu re-learned the basics of racing while driving this

MtAsoTarmac_76.jpg

Name: SUZUKI Cappuccino EA21R-RM
Owner: Yamamoto Racing School
Power: 133hp
Weight: 580kg
Notable Achievements: can pull 2Gs in the corners on slicks, gave Miyu her first post-amnesia win

LagunaSecaRaceway_13.jpg

Name: TOYOTA MR-2 GT-S SW20
Owner: Akiko Kobayashi
Power: 420hp
Weight: 1,090kg
Notable Achievements: defeated Mike DeRossi

Chamonix-Main_1.jpg

Name: DAIHATSU Move SR-XXsomething-or-other
Owner: Miyu Matsuda some old lady
Power: 63hp
Weight: 800kg
Notable Achievements: appeared in Ryou's "Street Elite" fanfic when racing against Aiko

Chamonix-Main_9.jpg

Name: GOD NISSAN GT-R SpecV :bowdown:
Owner: Hiroto Matsuda
Power: 540hp
Weight: 1,640kg
Notable Achievements: cornering faster than lightning

ToscanaTarmac.jpg

Name: VOLKSWAGEN Golf GTi Mk. I
Owner: Gary "Gazza" Rooney
Power: 220hp
Weight: 900kg (blame the massive sound system and the crapload of crates of Stella Artois)
Notable Acheivements: Came 4th in the 2010 British Hot Import Nights season

ToscanaTarmac_1.jpg

Owner: Darren "Dazza" Westwood
Power: 270hp
Weight: 1,045kg
Notable Achievements: Actually released by VTiRoj as part of RKM's line-up

ToscanaTarmac_11.jpg

Name: FORD Focus S(anitary)T(owel)
Owner: Wayne "Wazza" Pollard
Power: 330hp
Weight: c.1,200kg
Notable Achievements: Its sound system is illegal in Switzerland, 3 German states and a few French departments

NrburgringNordschleife.jpg

Name: HONDA Integra Type R DC2
Owner: Miki Watanabe
Power: 300hp
Weight: c.990kg
Notable Achievements: won by cheating more than an Geohotz-lover in Black Ops...

ClubmanStageRoute5_44.jpg

Name: MITSUBISHI Mirage Cyborg ZR Gundam Evangelion etc....
Owner: Daisuke Nomura
Power: 200hp
Weight: 1,110kg
Notable Achievements: defeated Hawk
Fun fact: uses an iPad 2 as a centre console

Kyoto-Gion_3.jpg

Name: AMUSE/HONDA S2000 GT-1 Turbo
Owner: Kentaro "Scar" Suzuki
Power: 600hp
Weight: 1,100kg
Notable Achievements: probably put a huge smile on C-ZETA's face

Kyoto-Gion_4.jpg

Name: GOD NISSAN Skyline GT-R V-Spec II Nur
Owner: Hiroto Matsuda
Power: 620hp
Weight: 1,260kg
Notable Achievements: defeated Scar, broke the 350km/h barrier while drafting a Lamborghini

TrialMountainCircuit.jpg

Owner: Toshiya Nakano
Power: 180hp
Weight: c.1,040kg
Notable Achievements: defeated Chun Mei

Bern-Marktgasse_1.jpg

Name: NISSAN Fairlady Z/300ZX Z32
Owner: Junichi Kawabata
Power: 340hp
Weight: 1,370kg
Notable Achievements: defeated Boris Molotov

Bern-Marktgasse.jpg

Huh? Wait a minute, you weren't meant to see that! :grumpy::ouch:

ToscanaTarmac_3.jpg

Name: HONDA Integra Type R DC5-RM
Owner: Miki Watanabe (well, not legally)
Power: 300hp
Weight: 980kg
Notable Achievements: burst into flames after crashing at 200km/h

Kyoto-Gion_5.jpg

Name: NISSAN Silvia S15 Spec-RM
Power: 310hp
Weight: 1,000kg
Notable Achievements: won the GT Association's Global Touring Car Series, defeated Miki

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back