Have microtransactions affected Gran Turismo 6?

• Thread starter machschnel
  • 152 comments

Have microtransactions affected Gran Turismo 6?

• Yes

Votes: 139 55.4%
  • No

Votes: 90 35.9%
  • Undecided

Votes: 22 8.8%

• Total voters
Take Universal-Shot's post, for example: there's like zero understanding of GT5, GT6, GT1, and by proxy the entire series. The career in GT5 was absolutely worthless once seasonals started.

I thought it was worthless before seasonals started. There is no challenge in doing easy races over and over and over again, and for I and many others, being forced to do this to the extent shown in GT5 detracted heavily from the game. One might reasonably speculate that this was the reason PD put the high-paying seasonals in in the first place.

GT6 does not have "half the content" (it has a lot more actually, with even more on the way... never mind that "content" tends to mean the worst of things), and the credit flow is more or less like previous games, just without some of the nonsense that was in GT5.

It's a credit trickle now, and it's less than ever. Provided you were on the highest level of events, in GT1 it would take about 3 hours at most to buy the most expensive car, in GT2, about half an hour, GT4, about 3 hours again. GT5 was just an awful, tedious slog before seasonals. That is, unless you like the idea of having to complete Like The Wind 250 times over (I am not exaggerating) to buy the most expensive car.

It gives you enough to buy enough cars for all the races. If you buy the wrong cars, that's your fault.

It's a game, not an unlimited banking device

No it ****ing doesn't I'm tiring of you guys always coming to the defense of this game. I'm a fan of gran turismo as well, but, I'm a better and more honest fan than you since I point of the flaws.

Please tell me how I can purchase vehicles for all events in international B with 670k credits.

No it ****ing doesn't I'm tiring of you guys always coming to the defense of this game. I'm a fan of gran turismo as well, but, I'm a better and more honest fan than you since I point of the flaws.

Please tell me how I can purchase vehicles for all events in international B with 670k credits.

Win more races.

Win more races.

I'm 30% in or even more and I don't want end up with zero credits after purchasing two cars for two races.

How will I get enough money later on? I can't get back what I spend that easily.

Don't come up with excuses you probably have an anniversary addition or did the money glitch which I'm not risking due to what will happen to my game data.

I'm 30% in or even more and I don't want end up with zero credits after purchasing two cars for two races.

How will I get enough money later on? I can't get back what I spend that easily.

Don't come up with excuses you probably have an anniversary addition or did the money glitch which I'm not risking due to what will happen to my game data.

Win more races

I'm not getting any login bonuses and I'm not speaking 10-20 days from now.
Due to GT6's online being in maintenance, there's no log-in bonus yet.

Let me share you some info I got from the official site. Hope it helps what's troubling you in GT6 to gain credits. :)

Consecutive Login Bonus
When you login online for consecutive days, a bonus to all credits awards will accrue up to a potential 200% bonus on the 5th day. Be sure to login everyday to earn more credits!

Credits earned in Career Mode increased
The amount of credits earned in Career Mode have been increased. This may give good incentive to go back and try some races you’ve already cleared!

Entry requirements for Seasonal Events lowered
Players will only require a National B licence in order to participate in Seasonal Events and, for a limited time, there will be unique special events that will reward cars as prizes, so don’t miss this opportunity and remember to login online!

Bonus Events within Seasonal Events
Two new Seasonal Events will run from 20 December 2013 to 17 January 2014 and 02 January to 30 January 2014. These unique events to mark the seasonal holidays and the new year will feature special bonus credits.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_4118054.html?t=gt6

All i'm saying is they should do a T10 now; admit their screw up lower car prices by a big percentage, increase in game payouts and lower those ridiculously high prices for credit packs.

Oh and don't forget the body rigidity scam...

The longer they wait to admit their mistake towards their fans and be humble about it, the more respect they will loose.

Edit: just saw that they did that with update 1.02, couldn't have posted this on a worse moment :lol:

Last edited:
You know what I say we need to wait a year or two for these kinds of threads because thinking about what other people have said it's just not a good question to ask right now.

Cause with light of Update 1.02 the credits got increased don't know by how much, but at the same time this game is ever evolving, and at the end of it all could really be at least as good as 1-4 just don't know where.

Really I think this question should be asked sometime after I'd say June next year. That should at least give the game enough time to get into hands of more players.

Do you feel the gameplay of Gran Turismo 6 has been changed/altered/manipulated by the addition of microtransactions?

Absolutely. It's a new option that the player has. I like it! It lets me get the more expensive cars I want without having to grind madly or complete ridiculous challenges like 24hr races.

It's your wallet. Use it how you like. While you've got it out, care to get a round in? :lol:
Precisely. Who cares about $15... anyone with a job realizes that's insignificant. I already pay enough in taxes and tax deferred plans, so I must decline the gift suggestion.

P.S. DLC for other games has easily cost me over $30... especially for Call of Duty, Fallout, and Skyrim.

Oh look, everybody jumped the gun on the micro-transactions. Surprise surprise. If only someone would have known and said something...

How did people jump the gun, if anything PD probably put this together to get people off their back about the MT and hopefully neglect the use of the glitch while trying to get rid of the glitch. Which unless they've manipulated the saved data for updates it wont fully disappear I'd say.

Also implementing a quick fix to adjust pay out numbers isn't that hard and hopefully this will help

I have no quibble with DLC but micro transactions don't belong in a premium game IMO, your mileage obviously differs so I'll just agree to disagree on that one and leave you to spend your money as you choose. :cheers:

Precisely. Who cares about $15... anyone with a job realizes that's insignificant. I already pay enough in taxes and tax deferred plans, so I must decline the gift suggestion.

Sony must be delighted with people like you, who think their money is insignificant. You are the reason "micro" transactions exist, and will continue to exist.

It's not about the amount. It's about what you are paying for, and why.

P.S. DLC for other games has easily cost me over $30... especially for Call of Duty, Fallout, and Skyrim.

DLC is a completely different issue. DLC is NEW, ADDITIONAL content, that is not included in the original product. Thus, it makes sense that it would cost extra.

Paying real money to unlock something you already bought makes NO sense.

The saddest thing is, you think Sony is doing you a favor by giving you the "option" to skip the mindless grinding. Who says you have to grind in the first place? They create the problem, so they can sell you the "solution." And you fall for it. Face first. With an open wallet.

If they really wanted to give you an option, they would give you the option to play the game any way you want. Locked, unlocked, with or without grinding. But there would be no profit in that for them.

Oh look, everybody jumped the gun on the micro-transactions. Surprise surprise. If only someone would have known and said something...

Jump the gun?

We all went out and bought GT6 - the seasonal payouts were low, the login bonus was non-existent etc. Why weren't these features carried over directly from GT5? Why should we have had to wait at all?

Oh I know...... keep credits availability low for a little while, boost microtransaction sales then ride in on a white horse with increased payouts. Or alternatively Polyphony didn't finish the "economy" or totally forgot about it...

What reason is it going to be - cunning or incompetence? Neither is very flattering.

Sony must be delighted with people like you, who think their money is insignificant. You are the reason "micro" transactions exist, and will continue to exist.

It's not about the amount. It's about what you are paying for, and why...
And yet PD have given us more money now with the log-in bonus plus better race rewards on top of that - it rather makes a mockery of the continued argument that PD are only after money...at least I would hope so.

...The saddest thing is, you think Sony is doing you a favor by giving you the "option" to skip the mindless grinding. Who says you have to grind in the first place? They create the problem, so they can sell you the "solution." And you fall for it. Face first. With an open wallet.

If they really wanted to give you an option, they would give you the option to play the game any way you want. Locked, unlocked, with or without grinding. But there would be no profit in that for them.
There has always been an element of 'grinding' in the GT series. I also think that Sony doesn't have so much to do with determining that element of the games - surely that's all PD's doing?

As for 'selling you the solution' - please see my comment above. It really is there for those who want to use it - the rest can play without having to if they wish. Neither Sony or PD are making money with the login bonus and improved payouts - they are doing it because that's what they do.

Jump the gun?

We all went out and bought GT6 - the seasonal payouts were low, the login bonus was non-existent etc. Why weren't these features carried over directly from GT5? Why should we have had to wait at all?

Oh I know...... keep credits availability low for a little while, boost microtransaction sales then ride in on a white horse with increased payouts. Or alternatively Polyphony didn't finish the "economy" or totally forgot about it...

What reason is it going to be - cunning or incompetence? Neither is very flattering.
Imagine for a minute: the amount of people with poor/semi-slow internet connections who would have complained about a file approximately the size of (insert actual size of all content up until now and any other content we haven't seen yet) Perspective. This is, of course, speculation on my part which is only loosely based on PD press releases regarding in-game vs DLC/extra content but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. Crazy, I know.

Well... since the new update gives you the chance to make a huge bank account in just days, microtransactions are now a useless "luxury" :P

And yet PD have given us more money now with the log-in bonus plus better race rewards on top of that

Yes, they are giving you money. Are you high? They are giving you virtual credits, and they are taking your real money.

There has always been an element of 'grinding' in the GT series.

Irrelevant. The question is whether you truly have the option. Obviously, you didn't understand a word I was saying.

Imagine for a minute: the amount of people with poor/semi-slow internet connections who would have complained about a file approximately the size of (insert actual size of all content up until now and any other content we haven't seen yet) Perspective. This is, of course, speculation on my part which is only loosely based on PD press releases regarding in-game vs DLC/extra content but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. Crazy, I know.

I have no idea what you're getting at.... Are you saying that they have to release small patches?

But why update the games "economy" through patches at all? Why wasn't the login bonus, high seasonal payouts etc. on disc? It was part of GT5, I can see no reason why it wasn't part of GT6 from day one.

I have no idea what you're getting at.... Are you saying that they have to release small patches?

What exactly is your point besides, it took PD twelve days to add content which may or may not appeal to everyone? I've seen many people complain about the login bonuses. The reality is: PD cannot please everyone. You happen to be someone who enjoyed the login bonuses in GT5(as did I). I can't speak for anyone but myself when saying that I'm glad the options you mentioned were [re]applied but is twelve days really something worth twisting my spleen over? Not so much. I agree with people who bring up options they approve or disapprove or legitimate issues with the game(in a constructive manner). I disagree with those who wish to complain. There is a difference.

Back