Have Some Fun With Caterham's First-Ever Car Configurator

No need, I've already made the perfect Cat:
my-cat.jpg
Fite me.

For goodness sake make a new car Caterham! :lol:
The were planning to produce a badge-engineered Alpine A110, but these plans were never meant to be. Most likely because Caterham folks didn't want to make something that's not a Lotus Seven. Oh, and yeah, A110's tech could've scared them away too.

1920_1080_3.94_0.88__7.23_F403AD23-D851-45ED-85F9-F37E7EB87863.jpg

It's a bit flashy, but i do love a good in-your-face green from time to time :D
It's a fully specced 620 S Pack, with the trackday rollcage and some amenities

Last edited:
I feel that I should post my Cat's specs:

Caterham 310S
BASE PRICE £27,990.00

R-Pack - 15" wheels, Avon tyres; Composite seats, four-point harness; Momo wheel; LSD, lighter flywheel, uprated brake master cylinder; Black pack - £1,000
Wide chassis, plus lower floor - £2,995
6-speed gearbox upgrade - £2,495
Track suspension pack, plus rear aero wishbone - £550
Front ventilated brakes, four-piston calipers - £675

Premium Ultraviolet paint - £500
Firecracker Yellow "7" - £75
Marigold Triple Stripes (plus no-cost grey pinstripes, white Caterham lettering) - £395
Firecracker Yellow roll bar - £350

Trackday roll bar - £195
Map pocket -£50
Suede, quick release steering wheel - £300
Heater - £300
HID headlights, LED DRLs - £800

CUSTOMISATION £10,830.00
TOTAL: £38,820.00

I'm confused. These options confuse me:

Weather protection. When I tick these options mentioned, nothing happens to the car. So I don't exactly know what is what and how detailed these options are.

Here's mine.

minty-caterham.jpg

Ideally I'd have gone for black wheels and a black exhaust for maximum contrast, but it wasn't an option.

It's a 310, because the performance of those feels ideal for the road. Normal seats etc because the one-piece items are a nuisance to use. And a bright colour because on Caterhams a bright colour is a safety feature (also because it looks neat).

The traditionalist in me was thinking British Racing Green, but honestly, this is a cheerful car, it should have a cheerful look. So I started with the base 270, 135 hp is plenty in a car barely heavier than a paper airplane. Then I chose Arancio Argos for the color with Detonator Yellow trim. I got the large chassis to accommodate my own large chassis. Same for the lowered floor. I like the look of the full rollcage, but it's also helpful for hoisting my large frame in and out of the car. Some black wheels, 6 inch in front and 8 inch in rear to fill out the cycles fenders, a few extra bits and bobs, and I've got a bright, cheerful, fun car to enjoy.

Model: SEVEN 270 £26,490
Body Colour: Arancio Argos £750
Large Chassis £2,500
S-Pack £0
Painted '7' Grille £75
Painted noseband and bonnet Stripe £395
Lowered Floor £495
6-speed gearbox £2,495
Wheels: 13" Apollo black alloy with Avon ZZS (6” front and 8” rear) £695
Plumbed-in fire extinguisher £495
Components; Finish Black £195
Spare wheel and carrier £495
Battery master cut-off switch £185
Sport roll cage £850
Full weather equipment and interchangeable composite aero screen £1,550
TOTAL: £37,665.00

I like the look of the full rollcage, but it's also helpful for hoisting my large frame in and out of the car.
I've never actually driven a Caterham with a full cage, but I do wonder whether it would hinder rather than help!

My own Caterham entry technique is along the lines of 1) Check shoes are clean 2) Stand on seat 3) Crouch and support weight on exterior bodywork/centre tunnel 4) Slide legs down and flop into seat.

If you have racing seats the extra step between 1 and 2 involves fruitlessly attempting to move the four-point harness somewhere that won't skewer you when you're lowering yourself in. Another extra step with the racing seat and harness is if you have a removable steering wheel, not to put it out of reach because once you tighten the harness you'll need to undo everything again, grab the wheel, and then repeat the process.

Started with a £32,990 Seven 420, ended up equipping nearly 10k of options brining the total to £42,980. The spare £10 will be spent on #BlazeIt stickers. :P
Caterham 1.jpg

Caterham 2.jpg

Back