Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

• Yes

Votes: 41 6.9%
  • No

Votes: 552 93.1%

• Total voters
There’s just no sense to do that in this game. Even if a player can only play for 20 minutes a day. We see the UCD & LCD rotates over two months. However, we are getting repeats often. The economy has changed over these two months and there‘s no rush to run through the events. We’ve got, maybe, about four years to go.

I wasn't fussed about it at the start, was patient and didn't lose my mind over the MTX silliness. Never tempted to spend real money for fake. To date, I've made almost 250 million and have a huge stable of cars.

Never.

At this rate PD will have to do something incredible for me to even consider keeping GT7 installed. GT8 100% wont be purchased until well after release if at all.

No...

Rather than Credits, though - I think I could be persuaded by Roulette tickets if they came with some sort of rarity guarantee.

For that to work you'd need to be able to have the option to sell unwanted cars though IMO.

No way. If GT7 were a game full of whimsy and affection from the developer, with a remarkable effort to have new, original and real tracks, as well as modern and racing cars, out of consideration and respect, perhaps I would feel morally obliged to collaborate. But as far as the quality of the GT7 was released, I feel disrespected as a consumer.

Last edited:
The MTX model isn't very good from PD.

Not really sure why they monetised credits which, offset against some of the more lucrative events (albeit a chore to grind), does nothing for their model and irritates the community.

A cleverer way to have gone about it would have been a Season Pass for a one off fee that lasts 2-3 months - all the ingredients are there:

• Brand Central Invites
  • Roulette Tickets of all Stars.
  • Engines
  • S-Parts
  • Driver Customisation bits and pieces (helmets/suits)
  • Free Cars (that everyone eventually gets even if they don't own the Season Pass, they get the cars when they reach the relevant tier in a very basic stripped back version of the season pass for those that still don't want to pay).
  • Rims in a Rare colour
  • Unique Aero Parts (like Mugen pieces for Hondas for example) that differ to the vanilla selection in GT Auto
  • Unique Car Colours
  • Credits!
  • New Tracks
  • Access to events
  • Scapes

Who wouldn't pay around 8-10 (Euros, Dollars, Pounds) for something like that?

I mean if they had to monetise the ****... then this is a much better way IMO rather than challenge players to grind or pay.

I neither grind or pay, but a Season Pass would get my money for sure. All told you still wouldn't have to buy it as some content would be automatically included and eventually available to all (like they are now) like the tracks/cars. The more unique items that don't constitute the bread and butter of the game would be Season Pass specific (a driver helmet or Takata Green CE28Ns 🤤🤤🤤 or something)

Mileage completed would determine progression to the next level/tier of the season pass - 100 miles per level, slowly increasing as you get deeper in or something.

Ingredients all there.

And for the 'I already paid for the game, I expected the content to be included' gang you're gonna need to go back to 1995 or something for that because add-ons be it MTX creds or Season Passes or Skins or whatever else, are a staple of video gaming now. Heck, wouldn't be surprised if a skeleton version of the game was one day free but the content was unlocked via DLC add ons. Its happened in the franchise formerly known as Pro Evolution Soccer aka eFootball.

Last edited:
Anybody who reads this forum is absolutly not going to admit to buying that shi***
Yeah probably, But most people are full of BS and won't fess up to it so they don't get embarrassed. I'm not one of those people.

I have bought them in the past but do it very little now. I spent a little cash right off the top to get a couple cars I wanted. As I played the game it became clear how they skewed the economy model to dramatically increase MTX revenue so I won't spend a dime more. I just grind now.

Last edited:
34 people / 6.4% of people have said yes vs 500 no. 534 seems like a pretty decent sample size for active registered users of this forum, I'd be surprised if the active users of the GT7 forum exceeded a few thousand. If it was around 5000, that'd be around 340 people here who have bought them. Maybe more for those who lied and said they didn't.

We don't know what they bought or how many, the lowest is $2, the highest is $20. So that's anywhere from $850 to $6,800, if everyone only bought one. It could be a lot more if they've bought multiple.

Put simply, they've almost certainly already raked in thousands of dollars from GTP users alone.

Now take into account that this forum represents the most die-hard players of the game, surely the least likely to buy them, and imagine how many less enthusiastic players have bought them? They're working, I have no doubt about it, and as such, they're not sadly going away. Those of us who'd never buy them are going to be stuck with the economy around them because of the small number who have bought them.

Does this include the people who paid above and beyond the standard RRP and as such gained extra Credits as part of the 'bonus' for doing so?

Just asking. :sly:

Does this include the people who paid above and beyond the standard RRP and as such gained extra Credits as part of the 'bonus' for doing so?

Just asking. :sly:
Not quite? I paid $154 Aussie duckets for the game and four cars. So, the base version is $89. They got me for an extra $65. Okay, that's really for both versions of the game(PS4 & PS5). Let's say, a savings of $36 if I was to buy a PS5 and had to buy the game again.

Not quite? I paid $154 Aussie duckets for the game and four cars. So, the base version is $89. They got me for an extra $65. Okay, that's really for both versions of the game(PS4 & PS5). Let's say, a savings of $36 if I was to buy a PS5 and had to buy the game again.
"Not quite?" Indeed.
I paid $79.99 at JB HI FI for my copy.
Regardless, are you sure that some of the additional cost in buying, let's say, the AE addition, in no way accounted for the fact you also received 1mill. Cr's?

But hey, I was only 'just asking'. ;)

*Edit.
Just getting the cogs turning for some, that's all. :cheers:

Last edited:
"Not quite?" Indeed.
I paid $79.99 at JB HI FI for my copy.
Regardless, are you sure that some of the additional cost in buying, let's say. the AE addition, in no way accounted for the fact you also received 1mill. Cr's?

But hey, I was only 'just asking'. ;)
Unless that replaced the steelbook cost. I didn't get a physical book with the digital AE. The AE is still under the cost of two versions of what you paid for GT7 by $6. I don't know the costs of the MTX options. If that $6=1.5mil Cr.

Unless that replaced the steelbook cost. I didn't get a physical book with the digital AE. The AE is still under the cost of two versions of what you paid for GT7 by $6. I don't know the costs of the MTX options. If that $6=1.5mil Cr.
I've no clue either mate.
I guess I'm just stirring the pot a little on the topic.

Apologies.

34 people / 6.4% of people have said yes vs 500 no. 534 seems like a pretty decent sample size for active registered users of this forum, I'd be surprised if the active users of the GT7 forum exceeded a few thousand. If it was around 5000, that'd be around 340 people here who have bought them. Maybe more for those who lied and said they didn't.

We don't know what they bought or how many, the lowest is $2, the highest is $20. So that's anywhere from $850 to $6,800, if everyone only bought one. It could be a lot more if they've bought multiple.

Put simply, they've almost certainly already raked in thousands of dollars from GTP users alone.

Now take into account that this forum represents the most die-hard players of the game, surely the least likely to buy them, and imagine how many less enthusiastic players have bought them? They're working, I have no doubt about it, and as such, they're not sadly going away. Those of us who'd never buy them are going to be stuck with the economy around them because of the small number who have bought them.
think you're on track.. like to see your math applied to copy sold. thinking it might cover 2 or 3 developers yearly, but no where near what Kaz makes

I would realistically pay $5-7 per LCD car, with a maximum of 10-15 for the really expensive ones.

Why Sony chooses not to make MTX’s a better value is beyond me

Latest Posts

Back