Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

Have You Purchased Microtransactions in GT7?

• Yes

Votes: 41 6.9%
  • No

Votes: 552 93.1%

• Total voters
You’re really arguing that people buying MTX’s have no bearing on how future games eventually turn out?

And honestly, talking in a condescending way about “proper education” while mixing up “you’re” and “your”, “weather” instead of “whether”, not capitalising I and missing apostrophes. Come on, man.
I am not mixing anything up and if you think having an open discussion is arguing then your a bigger child than you have already proven by trying to make this into a grammar exercise instead of a forum for gaming. Not sure when you are going to wake up MTX's have been here since online gaming started and they are going nowhere fast . I am not being condescending just because other people agree with me and not you. You are the one trying to be condescending by telling me what i mean when i say something just because it doesn't meet with what you want me to say.

Last edited:
I am not mixing anything up and if you think having an open discussion is arguing then your a bigger child than you have already proven by trying to make this into a spelling exercise instead of forum for gaming. Not sure when you ar going to wake up MTX's have been here since online gaming started and they are going nowhere fast . I am not being condescending just because other people agree with me and not you. You are the one trying to be condescending by telling me what i mean when i say something just because it doesn't meet with what you want me to say.
Nonsense once again. Obviously I mean arguing in the sense that it’s a point of view you’re making and I’m responding to it, asking you to elaborate.

You started off with the proper education comment, don’t try and twist things around. :lol: Let’s focus on the matter at hand, shall we?

Your last two sentences really make no sense and are honestly irrelevant, why not just answer my question in my previous comment instead? A question which is on topic.

Nonsense once again. Obviously I mean arguing in the sense that it’s a point of view you’re making and I’m responding to it, asking you to elaborate.

You started off with the proper education comment, don’t try and twist things around. :lol: Let’s focus on the matter at hand, shall we?

Your last two sentences really make no sense and are honestly irrelevant, why not just answer my question in my previous comment instead? A question which is on topic.
You never asked a question you made a statement and put a question mark at the end of it.

You never asked a question you made a statement and put a question mark at the end of it.
No, a question was asked. They are asking if you believe that buying MTX's will not have an effect on future game development and structure. It's specifically a closed question, but could easily be answered in an open manner as well.

"You’re really arguing that people buying MTX’s have no bearing on how future games eventually turn out?"

The member I suspect doesn't use English as a first language, so slight sentence structure aside, it's clearly a question.

No, a question was asked. They are asking if you believe that buying MTX's will not have an effect on future game development and structure. It's specifically a closed question, but could easily be answered in an open manner as well.

"You’re really arguing that people buying MTX’s have no bearing on how future games eventually turn out?"

The member I suspect doesn't use English as a first language, so slight sentence structure aside, it's clearly a question.
He clearly uses English as his 1st language otherwise wouldn't be correcting my Grammar it is a statement you have seperated it into 2 different things he asked as one. AS you are so eager to keep deleting my posts please delete my account .

Last edited:
He clearly uses English as his 1st language otherwise wouldn't be correcting my Grammar it is a statement you have seperated it into 2 different things he asked as one.
It's quite possible to have English as a second language and have a grasp of the basics of English grammar, however, you are now simply continuing to distract from answering the question.

It's quite possible to have English as a second language and have a grasp of the basics of English grammar, however, you are now simply continuing to distract from answering the question.
because it was a statement and i have already answered the question in a post you deleted

because it was a statement and i have already answered the question in a post you deleted
The question could also have been am i arguing of which i have also answered

The question could also have been am i arguing of which i have also answered
Now please delete my account

I've already addressed that, it's a question, and I've not deleted a single post of yours (posts are not deleted, simply hidden from public view.

If you really want to end your membership then change your password and email to random nonsense and make sure your browser doesn't save it. We don't delete accounts. However, if your staying then re-read the AUP.

Last edited:
MTX’s in simplified terms, are like Real Estate. They are worth what people will pay for them. Currently we’re in the early 2000’s (United States real estate reference) where the goods are over valued…… yes, I know it doesn’t cost Sony anything to manufacture these goods, but still.

Of course the best option is to improve the IG economy, and my guess is it’s coming once Sony has milked as much $$$ as possible from the initial GT7 popularity spike. I think that the game’s economy will settle into something sustainable in the near future.

But of the few who are more or less shaming people whom participate in MTX’s…. It’s absolutely absurd.

Last edited:
Yes, you are. And it sounds like you’re misconstruing what I’m saying. I’m not taking away their right to do whatever they want with their money, merely offering solid advice for the benefit of all of us in future games. If no one buys MTX we’ll have better games, it really is that simple.
No, if developers stop putting MTX in games we'll have better games. As long as the games have MTX in them the games will continue to be compromised whether anyone buys them or not.

Don't blame the players for the developers choices. Players play the game in order to have fun. If developers choose to weaponise the desire to have fun to milk the players of every last penny then it's not the player's fault.
I wonder if their pricing is based on keeping a sense of fairness.
Their pricing is based on what they think will make them the most money.

I'm slightly embarrassed to say yeah i have. I'm not planning to again but at the time it was the only way i could get the cars i needed for the league races i was taking part in, especially the way the in game credits were being rewarded.

Last edited:
No, if developers stop putting MTX in games we'll have better games. As long as the games have MTX in them the games will continue to be compromised whether anyone buys them or not.

Don't blame the players for the developers choices. Players play the game in order to have fun. If developers choose to weaponise the desire to have fun to milk the players of every last penny then it's not the player's fault.
Yes and No.

• Do I think Sony knows what they're doing? Yes
  • Do I think these MTX's are predatory in nature? At their current pricing.... maybe

The problem with placing ALL the blame on the developers is that it relieves the individual of all personal accountability. By this reasoning, should we should blame Mc Donalds, Baskin Robbins and spoons for obesity and diabetes? Of course not.

For me personally, if they make the MTX's a better deal, I'm all in. If they make all the AI races to the level of ACC where grinding is fun.... I'm all in on that too. What I'm getting at is that there is a tangible balance between the two, where all parties involved win.

Right now, GT7 is missing that balance

Last edited:
Yes and No.

• Do I think Sony knows what they're doing? Yes
  • Do I think these MTX's are predatory in nature? At their current pricing.... maybe

The problem with placing ALL the blame on the developers is that it relieves the individual of all personal accountability. By this reasoning, should we should blame Mc Donalds, Baskin Robbins and spoons for obesity and diabetes? Of course not.

For me personally, if they make the MTX's a better deal, I'm all in. If they make all the AI races to the level of ACC where grinding is fun.... I'm all in on that too. What I'm getting at is that there is a tangible balance between the two, where all parties involved win.

Right now, GT7 is missing that balance
Depends how you define predatory. The way you look at it, obviously it's not.

But the point of putting microtransactions in is to get people to spend money on them. I think the game would be better if the transactions weren't as obscured as they are when microtransactions are involved. I have no problem giving Polyphony money, but I want it to be clear what I'm buying. I don't want to buy a game, and then find out that actually it's kind of hard to play in an enjoyable way unless I spend more money.

As far as placing the blame on the developers, that's where it should be. It's their game, it's their design choice. They alone are responsible for the game having microtransactions in it. The players had no input on that choice, and the vocal outcry since release has made it pretty clear what the response would have been if they had been asked.

As far as blaming McD's etc for obesity, don't be obtuse. You get exactly what you pay for when you purchase food, or buy a spoon. It's a clear and transparent transaction that does exactly what it says on the tin. You pay for a burger, you get a burger.

That's not the case with games with MTX, and that's the point. The microtransactions are offered in order to mitigate inconvenience that has been designed into the game in the first place. And because they're open ended, there's technically no cap on the profit that can be made from them. As opposed to making a balanced game and simply charging a fair price for it. Because if people were aware of the true costs up front they might not buy into the game at all, but this way it's easy to leverage sunk costs of both money and time.

Depends how you define predatory. The way you look at it, obviously it's not.

But the point of putting microtransactions in is to get people to spend money on them. I think the game would be better if the transactions weren't as obscured as they are when microtransactions are involved. I have no problem giving Polyphony money, but I want it to be clear what I'm buying. I don't want to buy a game, and then find out that actually it's kind of hard to play in an enjoyable way unless I spend more money.

As far as placing the blame on the developers, that's where it should be. It's their game, it's their design choice. They alone are responsible for the game having microtransactions in it. The players had no input on that choice, and the vocal outcry since release has made it pretty clear what the response would have been if they had been asked.

As far as blaming McD's etc for obesity, don't be obtuse. You get exactly what you pay for when you purchase food, or buy a spoon. It's a clear and transparent transaction that does exactly what it says on the tin. You pay for a burger, you get a burger.

That's not the case with games with MTX, and that's the point. The microtransactions are offered in order to mitigate inconvenience that has been designed into the game in the first place. And because they're open ended, there's technically no cap on the profit that can be made from them. As opposed to making a balanced game and simply charging a fair price for it. Because if people were aware of the true costs up front they might not buy into the game at all, but this way it's easy to leverage sunk costs of both money and time.

Good post.

Naturally, I don’t agree with all of it. But you did eloquently show your stance on the subject, and you’re not wrong either. The problem with this particular matter (as with seemingly everything these days), is that everyone is so polarized either way. When in reality, there’s plenty of space for multiple opinions in the room.

I think PD knows this, and like the content in this game, the economy will also mature over time. I refuse to believe they’re that stupid. Companies like this don’t get big, and stay big for no reason. They know what they’re doing…. For maximum staying power over the long haul and maximum short term gain. For better and for worse.

Not to mention, the current development of Gran Turismo 8 isn’t going to just pay for itself..

Same goes for the future mass production of the PS6.

As much as I think people are reluctant to admit, the people running these companies are much smarter than us

Maybe I’m off on this. But I don’t think so

Regardless, good post 👍🏼

Last edited:
I refuse to believe they’re that stupid.
As much as I think people are reluctant to admit, the people running these companies are much smarter than us
Oh, I don't think they're stupid either. I think they know exactly what they're doing, just their goals aren't necessarily aligned with those of the players. They're good at what they do, it's just that their primary goal is not "make the most enjoyable game for players within the budget given".

As far as people being smarter than us or not, you can really only speak for yourself there. They're just people. I've met plenty of people running companies who I wouldn't trust to make a sandwich. I can only judge them from what they do.
Companies like this don’t get big, and stay big for no reason. They know what they’re doing…. For maximum staying power over the long haul and maximum short term gain. For better and for worse.
There's a bit of a danger to assuming that just because a company is big or successful that whatever they do is good or well thought out. That's going to be reasonably true over the long term (although there are a few famous counter-examples of companies that essentially got and stayed big by being dodgy as ****) but any individual decision or product could be a mis-play.

The ability to not be destroyed by putting out the odd bad product is a lot of what separates a big company from a small one - they have sufficient resources and goodwill to weather the damage they inflict on themselves from the odd mis-step.

It's also not true that companies do what they do for both maximum staying power over the long haul (basically brand reputation and goodwill) and maximum short term gain (basically immediate profit). These two things are not directly opposed, a good game returns both a good profit and significant goodwill. But there is enough tension between the two that you usually can't absolutely maximise both.

Goodwill could have been increased by making the game cheaper or including more content/features for the same price.
Profit could have been increased by making a cut-down game or including unpopular but lucrative systems like microtransactions.

People get paid a lot of money to find the correct balance between these things for the long and short term health of the company. As you say, they're smart people and they are professionals. But they're not always right, and it's unreasonable to expect them to be. Sometimes even smart people make bad decisions, because they had bad data, they were working from faulty assumptions, they had the wrong goals, or whatever.

GT7 isn't the trash fire that some would like to make it out to be, but nor is it widely beloved as the best Gran Turismo ever which I have to imagine is what Polyphony and Sony wanted. It's hard to imagine that the launch of GT7 has gone how they would have liked it to have gone. In some aspects at least, they have misjudged.

That is certainly able to be corrected and they can reach an appropriate balance of profit and goodwill, but as it stands I imagine that the people that made those decisions are looking back on them with the benefit of hindsight and trying to figure out what they missed. Understanding why they misjudged will be important to making the right calls to get the game and series back on track.
Not to mention, the current development of Gran Turismo 8 isn’t going to just pay for itself..
I kind of know what you mean, but this isn't generally how products work. GT8 should be built if Polyphony thinks that there's enough of a market for it to justify the costs incurred in building it. Profit from GT7 doesn't necessarily go into building the next game, and the proposal for GT8 should stand on it's own. They're not going to use profits from GT7 to build GT8 at a loss. At most it increases the available capital they have to run the studio for a period where there isn't significant income from game sales, but they still expect GT8 to recoup all that money spent and more.

So yeah, ultimately the development of GT8 is actually going to pay for itself. That's the point of making games. They pay for themselves and then some, and the "then some" is where the profit comes from.

I'm pretty sure you know this and it was just a throwaway comment that you didn't think through, but it's worth keeping in mind that GT8 isn't a justification for the monetisation model in GT7. GT7 pays for it's own development and makes it's own profit, just like GT8 will do when it's time comes.

I am very unlikely to buy any as I'm happy to grind towards the cars i want. The whole game is about racing so i find it's no hardship to go racing to build up credits.

Everybody has the right to spend what they like how they like if that is a problem to you then go get a proper education so you can earn more than everybody else who doesnt care what other people spend their hard earned on.
It does matter when it affects the direction the gaming industry is going as a whole. And why wouldn't you want it if games becomes less dependent on MTX? You save money. I save money. Everyone saves money. It's a win-win situation.

I have money, but I also had proper education on its value so I always choose to spend it wisely. As does with my time. MTX and grind heavy games are an affront to both of those things.

I am very unlikely to buy any as I'm happy to grind towards the cars i want. The whole game is about racing so i find it's no hardship to go racing to build up credits.
Well, Have fun playing for about an extra 4000 hours of grinding just to collect every car in the game vs under 300 hours for Past GT titles....

Last edited:
I have money, but I also had proper education on its value so I always choose to spend it wisely. As does with my time. MTX and grind heavy games are an affront to both of those things.
The utility of your billionth dollar is much less than the utility of your first. When you don't have much money, a little more buys you important things like food and shelter. When you already have a lot of money, a little more doesn't do much for you at all and so you really don't care much what you spend it on.

There are absolutely people out there that can spend money all day on microtransactions sensibly and without care. Just because someone chooses to buy MTX doesn't mean that they're uneducated on it's value or that they're not spending it wisely.

Very :grumpy: with microtransactions. I've bought the same car 2 times .
First in PSN of my PS5 , pay but no car in my garage after 1hour.
So i went to my PC and check my buy in PSN again. There it was saying that i've to accept the payment .
I accept and without knowing , i've bought this car again.
Worst of this history , i don't recieve nothing till now 0 cars.

Never more . Granturismo Thiefs

I have not bought any microtransactions and won’t, but of its there to allow for free cars and tracks i am ok with them being there, the problem with the game is the lack of the events at moment, the most important thing to update, cars and tracks is also important but events is the most need for an update

Back