HaylRayzor's Haylacious Courses *back from the dead*

• Thread starter HaylRayzor
  • 74 comments
My latest creation: Sidewinder

I have not put in enough laps yet to master this short, but deceptively challenging, course. But here is a quick and dirty lap just to give you the feel of it.

It's easy to make a lap. Not so easy to make a quick lap.

Last edited:
My latest 2 creations.

I actually have 30+ more tracks waiting to be shared. And those are only the best. My “good but not good enough” list is 100+.

This is Grand Slam. It’s got more elevation than most of my tracks. I have yet to make a great lap at this track. It’s very challenging. The 2 right handers at the end of the back straight are particularly interesting. But even though this lap isn’t great, it shows the track and that’s the point.

And this is Mastery.

And this is Kart Attack

And Granite Falls GP. I designed this course a couple of months ago but finally got around to making a vid of it.

G-Force Speedway. Fast with long sweeping curves. A well-balanced suspension is necessary.

Last edited:
This is Long Pine Raceway, my longest track to date. 6.17 miles. 372.5ft elevation change. 55 turns.

It's designed for endurance racing, from 500PP-700PP. The layout is basically luck, since I wasn't able to adjust anything without losing the layout. It dropped out of the course maker like this and refused to be changed, so this is how it's meant to be.

It's got no horrible corners but a few "interesting" ones. But the interesting corners fall in places where they feel like they fit.

This is probably my 5th or 6th lap I ever turned on this track. I look forward to learning it's intricacies. It's shared right now and I welcome all to download it.

UPDATE: After posting the pictures I realized this track was too wide. So I narrowed it by about 8 feet. Nothing else was changed. It's still named Long Pine Raceway and it's still shared, but anybody that downloaded it before will need to download it again.

I also created a an even narrower version that has a Nurburg kind of feel, which I call Long Pine Spec II. I can share this version also if anybody is interested.

Last edited:
I didn't know a track can be so lengthy. Anyway, I would like to download it (but I also want more friends who are active in GT5). Thus, a request is coming, if that's okay.

I didn't know a track can be so lengthy. Anyway, I would like to download it (but I also want more friends who are active in GT5). Thus, a request is coming, if that's okay.

Accepted.

Wow, fantastic tracks, I'll be adding you if thats ok.

Will accept.

As stated, new version of Long Pine is shared now. If anybody wants any of the tracks let me know.

On a side note... I created a 6.26 mile track today, the longest Eifel I've ever seen. It's an interesting layout with a couple of blind falling-away corners, but driveable. I doubt I'll do anything with it but I could put it on share if anybody wants it.

Last edited:
The updated (narrower) version of Long Pine Raceway.

Just a reminder: 6.17 miles long

I am loving this track more every lap I make. The change to the track width is such an improvement that I'm planning on going back to my other courses and putting them on a diet.

First half of the video is cockpit view, second half is roof cam for a better view of the track.

I have an even narrower (nurburg-ish) version also...

Last edited:
I had a quick golast night and its a great track, went with Castrol Supra, seemed just right for the track. Looking forward to forward to more time to play on it!

Dude, such great work you have done here!! Well done.

I'd really like to try some out, and will be glad to give feedback. Pls add me GaMeKoP_ZA or i'll add you - whichever comes first :)

Thanks for the compliments guys. Accepted GaMeKoP.

I ran a 200 mile endurance race at Long Pine today. It took some effort to get a challenging AI grid. You can see the report in the race reports forum.

Last edited:
There are so many turns in the Long Pine course that I found I needed to number the turns to keep track of them.

The Course Maker claims there are 55 turns but I count 48 turns even if I count all the slight kinks.

longpine.jpg

Second lap is roof view so skip forward if you want a better view.

Last edited:
Just did a quick lap and you surely put together one hell of a track. Ran it at 6 pm in-game time of day for some extra atmosphere.

The second half has very much appealed to me. Very good speed through the corners.

Great job, and feels nicely old school, like before Tilke came along ;)

I have a few more 6-mile+ tracks I'm playing with. One I keep coming back to is Overlord. It's got a 150 mph "chicane" in the back stretch, and a couple of other high-speed thrills.

I'll post a vid and share it as soon as I can get a good lap.

EDIT: No good laps on Overlord. It's too evil.

Last edited:
Andover Hills.

This track is short and simple but hilltop apexes add an extra challenge as the suspension unloads and the tires struggle to find traction.

Notice on the hill at 0:51 I don't have it at full throttle. I spun on that hill 3 times before I finally learned.

Then at 0:59 you really have to slow for this apex.

Last edited:
s2k2k3
I have a few more 6-mile+ tracks I'm playing with. One I keep coming back to is Overlord. It's got a 150 mph "chicane" in the back stretch, and a couple of other high-speed thrills.

I'll post a vid and share it as soon as I can get a good lap.

EDIT: No good laps on Overlord. It's too evil.
Awsome, wish I could get a track like that :D

You don't send tracks. You set them to "shared" online and other people can download them from your profile if they're on your friends list.

So send me a request. HaylRayzor.

Lookout Mountain. OLD TRACK. CAN NOT BE USED ONLINE.
My latest. By far my most technical track. The video isn't really a clean lap because I haven't memorized this complex track yet. :lol:

This one is shared right now.

I want this one! :P FR on your way!

That version of Lookout Mountain was deleted because it couldn't be used online. I have a new Lookout Mountain. 6.02 miles. 66 turns. 335 feet of elevation.

HaylRayzor PSN right? gonna add you today.. Even wanna try some more if possible :P

Dudeldorfring. 6.04 miles. 52 turns.

This is a somewhat cautious lap. I don't know the track well enough to let the 787B stretch it's legs yet.

Currently on share.

Last edited:
wow! Long Pine Raceway looks awesome and I'd love to test out this new one aswell. I've sent you a friend request :)

Hi s2k2k3,

Your tracks look awesome...would you mind accepting my FR.

Thanks - beerjjj

All FRs will be accepted from those who want to try my tracks. Just put "tracks" or something like that in the request.

I didn't have time to do the update this morning so if there are any FRs pending I'll get them after work.

s2k2k3
All FRs will be accepted from those who want to try my tracks. Just put "tracks" or something like that in the request.

I didn't have time to do the update this morning so if there are any FRs pending I'll get them after work.

No rush whenever you have time…cheers

Back